[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Previous thread >>1820063 Check the archive for more threads

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 363
Thread images: 8

File: g7Q3z7a.jpg (35KB, 333x499px) Image search: [Google]
g7Q3z7a.jpg
35KB, 333x499px
Previous thread >>1820063

Check the archive for more threads
Discuss, request, and recommend /u/ related /lit/ works.

Please search on google, archive or torrent sites before making a request.
On kat.cr search for "FF" and click on the books section.
>>
Didn't see a new thread so I opened one. I'm a dummie so if anyone could change the title (I wrote it in the Name section apparently) that would be great.
>>
>>1867408
>if anyone could change the title
That's not now 4chan works.
>>
>>1867426
Like I said, I'm new.
>>
I just finished She Came at Dawn.

God damn that was one hell of an angsty ride.
It took me an entire week to finish the book, and it generally takes me at most 3 days to finish a yuri story.
I enjoyed it but it had just too much fucking angst in the latter chapters, especially compared to the regular fluff of yuri books. I guess what I liked the most was the whole Cold INFP / Warm ENFJ duo. But that angst...
Hell, I even enjoyed Her Name In The Sky, and that says a lot.
>>
>>1868035
>Her Name In The Sky
I think one of the things the author did right with this book is the fluffy epilogues (not sure what the right word is here) that let you see the angst was worth it. I didn't know about them when I first read it, so the ending came off as very bittersweet and I didn't really like it. I need my sappy fluff if I'm to enjoy an angsty book.
>>
Finished Karin Kallmaker's Love by the Numbers, it was enjoyable though the way it dragged out the final pages was over-dramatic and immature with Lily running away at the end, but that amusing ending saved it, as naively sweet as it was. I'm wondering if anyone else is put off by sex scenes before the main couple get together that are just the MCs casually having sex with a stranger(in this book or in general)? It feels weird having this lewdly detailed sex scene when the MCs already like each other, and I don't see the purpose aside from illustrating that they were horny to the point they'd fuck literally the first person to come on to them. It was like the book turned into an erotica for a brief moment, making them act out of character or throw them into bizarrely unbelievable events, especially with that waitress who bumps into Nicole at night and immediately drives her to a random field and fucked her under the moonlight on a blanket. Who does that? Are lesbians in Paris really so thirsty? The only rationale I imagine is that the author felt the need to put extra sex scenes early on to make the book raunchier since sex sells and the main couple don't fuck until nearly the end, but all it did was take me out of the book and make me wish she just described them masturbating to a fantasy of each other instead.

I liked Kallmaker's writing style but I think I might dislike some of her romantic formula so I don't know if I would enjoy anything else she's done, especially based on the synopses I've read. It seems she writes mostly about marriage/divorce/singlemoms/breakups/cheating as character backgrounds, which I usually try to avoid. Does she have any books worth reading that are more vanilla and hopefully skews younger than 30-40?
>>
>>1868035
>>1868180
I read that back when it was on FF.net amd ShizNat, how different is the book version?
>>
>>1868559
Fuck sorry I quoted the Her Name in the Sky anon too.Was talking about She came at Dawn
>>
New thread, new begging requests.

Anyone have "A Story of Now" by Emily O’Beirne, or "Techromancy Scrolls: Adept" by Erik Schubach? More the first one than the second, to be honest.

>>1868180
Her Name in the Sky was a real masterpiece. Not necessarily my favorite to read, but definitely one that deserves to become seen as a classic.

It was a clever device how the narrative always refers to the characters' sexuality indirectly rather than using direct terms like "gay" or "lesbian" all the way until the church scene at the end where she accepts herself.
>>
There are plenty of introvert meets extrovert scenarios, but is there any introvert/introvert romance? I want to read about two awkward people falling in love.
>>
>>1869116
how would they meet
>>
>>1868530
I guess I'm not the best person to ask. I have read and enjoyed every book she's written. If you have issues with sex with other people before being with romantic interest Stepping Stone, Warming Trend, Wild Things might be more your style. She tends to write character-centric stuff versus romance.
>>
>>1869276
Introvert doesn't mean hermit, although now that you made me think of it I wouldn't mind reading that as well. They could meet in a similar way any other story sets up a couple, only with the defining difference that they're both shy or awkward introverts. I think it would be fun to see them focus their efforts on spending time together, either through plot influences or their own desire to do so, with all the mishaps that each of their personalities entail. I hope there is at least one good book that has some part of this.
>>
>>1868563,1
thanks a lot!!:D
I was wondering if anyone has books of Sydney Canyon?? If so, could you post them, please?
>>
>>1861035
http://www88.zippyshare.com/v/6TjcoCSr/file.html
Special Delivery
>>
File: Asami x Korra288.jpg (154KB, 1280x1035px) Image search: [Google]
Asami x Korra288.jpg
154KB, 1280x1035px
>>1869276
There is a fire in an apartment building during a storm, so everyone has to evacuate. 2 cute techno hermits brave the rain to make it to the cafe down the street for coffee free wifi. There is one open power socket left, so they end up plugging their various electronic devices up next to each other. Our Heroes make small talk while working/playing DotA

End Act 1.
>>
>>1869300
You might enjoy Wild by Kim Pritekel. One of the protagonists is a woman who has lived in a forest her whole life. The other woman is not exactly an introvert, though. I didn't like any of Pritekel's books but I loved this one.
>>
>>1869380
>>>/Korrathread/
>>
>>1869446
I've never read a Kim Pritekel book and I plan on keeping it that way. A quick ctrl+f through the book revealed het, attempted rape, and a bunch of other things I can do without. It might be foolish to write off an author based on hearsay but from what I've seen she writes about [spoilers]penises way too much for me to ever give her a chance.
>>
>>1869614
Lessons was kinda okay.
A teacher x student story. If that's your thing.
>>
>>1869614
>from what I've seen she writes about penises way too much for me to ever give her a chance.
Which book? I've read Kim Pritekel's Lesson, First, Storm;iirc there's wasn't that much het in it. Although, I did read Twilight and dropped it because I was annoyed with the married love interest.

I think Susan X. Meagher's books have too much het in it, like before the characters realize they're gay, there's het sex scenes and the characters enjoyed it but when they fall in love with a woman suddenly they're all I'M LESBIAN!!11, it's just not believable imo.
>>
>>1869614
Yeah theres attempted rape but not really explicit... Ive read that book too... its a sweet and cute story... Not het...
>>
>>1869735
Lessons was actually the first book of hers I considered since I like teacher/student. Unfortunately, she writes stories involving men to a degree that I'm just not interested in reading about, and a quick skim of Lessons revealed that the MC starts off with a boyfriend and has fallout over that for at least half the book. I'm sure there are plenty of people who like that drama, but I don't.

>>1869779
I like simple romances, so while my strict preferences limit my pool of available reading I think it is well worth the effort to be able to enjoy reading as much as I do. I don't remember all the titles I checked but every synopsis/review/ctrl+f of her books had me finding about it that didn't sit with me.

>>1869811
There was a het sex scene, an attempted rape, and what appeared to be a storyline about the rapist/murderer integral to the story. I didn't mean to imply it was entirely a het book although I'd argue that in my skimming of it I was exposed to more het than I'd care to read in 10 books, let alone in one questionably sweet lesbian romance.
>>
>>1869871
Lessons was the first lesbian novel I read. I'm not sure I would have liked it except that. There is rape of a secondary character and a disturbing victim-blame by the protagonist (about her best friend).
>>
>>1869898
Let's be honest, that chick's life revolved around getting drunk and hooking up with as many guys as possible. The MC did the right thing by knocking some sense into her, even if it did hurt.
>>
>>1869913
Bait? I hope so.
>>
Oh god damn it, and here I was wanting to ask how much hetshit is in Lessons, since the first chapter alone raised red flags for me. The writing is also pretty mediocre.
But what did I expect from an uber fic.
>>
Fucking hell. I started The Midnight Hunt but I can't force myself to finish this steaming pile of crap. After the initial, eh, surprise, I decided to keep reading and what a fucking irritating book this is. The main pair is constantly playing "will she, won't she" with each other and finding stupid reason not to mate, the secondary pair is boring as hell and the stupid reporter keeps self-cucking herself, I couldn't give less of a fuck about the drug conspiracy if I wanted to and all that, combined with utterly unlikable characters makes me want to gouge my eyes. I'm about three quarters in and I've just about had it. There is no romance, the smut is pretty fucking bad, and I'm not even going to mention the mental image of clitoriballs this book shoved down my throat every 3 pages.
I'm done now.
>>
>>1870492
It amazes me that books like this get 4+ ratings on goodreads when all the reviews of substance immediately convince me it isn't worth my time.
>>
>>1870537
Clitoris, clitoris, throbbing clitoris, clitoris, clitoral glands.
That's my summary of what I've read of this book. You'll have a better time opening a thesaurus and looking up synonyms of the word "clitoris".
>>
I just finished Nightshade and I heard Blackstone was as much or more of a tease with the story than the first one. Will the sequel leave me more unsatisfied than if I leave it unread? Are there any parts of it that will sour the experience, like attempted rapes, Jessa being separated from Darry now that they're finally together, any assault or groping on them without the proper comeuppance, etc? I am exceedingly pissed that Joaquin didn't get speared through the chest in the first book, and I might not read it if him and the Malcom group live through Blackstone unharmed and continuing with their treason for the entirety of another book.
Also, the sex scenes were nice and passionate but did anyone else feel weird with how it kept describing Darry's side of sex as long, hard, stroking, etc? It felt off to me, it didn't bother me too much but I was wondering if I'm the only one who had a problem with it. And why was there so much talk of cocks in this book? There was no need for a descriptive blowjob, gay or not.
>>
>>1870600
It's definitely meant to have more books. I think that answers your question. I didn't have issues with your other complaints, but I'll forgive a lot with semi-descent writing.
>>
Requesting Siera Maley's new "on the outside"
>>
Reading marimite( in b4 it's not /lit/) up until volume 8 and shit this is more of a blatant comedy than the subtle and elegant yuri-feel it had until volume 5or so. Of course i felt some tropes are there and couldnt understand some sentences in japanese which are referring to some word plays but in overall its great and is one of few light novels i actually enjoyed reading
I literally laughed out loud time to time in euphoria very comfy/10
>>
I've been thinking of starting one of the longer series that I saw positive mentions of, so far I've narrowed it down to either Jane Fletcher's Lyremouth Chronicles, Calaeno series, or the Lex & Amanda series by Carrie Carr. Any advice or warnings so I don't have a bad time? My main concern is finding myself invested in a series of books only to find out the main couples do something stupid like cheat on each other or are otherwise manipulated by the plot mostly sexual assault/rape.
>>
Hi:)
Does anybody have books of Jesalin Creswell or Lydia Rose??
>>
>>1870660
Here you go friend.

http://www76.zippyshare.com/v/HMDFPQgn/file.html
>>
What books do you guys recommend? I've only read Annie on My Mind and I kind liked that but I want more
>>
>>1870964
Any specific topics/tropes you are interested in?
>>
>>1870998
Not that anon but is there any good fantasy books out there?
>>
>>1870998
Anything is fine as long as it's not erotica, but I do have a preference towards melodrama or fantasy
>>
>>1869116
>introvert meets introvert

I finally found one. Midnight in Orlando by Amy Dawson Robertson. A shy workaholic lawyer and a reclusive neurotic writer meet at a lesfic convention. It is funny and awkward and I'm enjoying it a lot so far. Anyone have the sequel Midnight on a Mountaintop?
>>
So Second Nature is kinda nice. The beginning disoriented me a bit, throwing around weird terms and names, but it actually picked up in the middle after the attempted kill and betrayal. Leading up to it wasn't even particularly angsty, which is always a plus. After a terrible experience with Jae's previous books I'm tempted to give her another chance. What does /u/ recommend from her?
>>
>>1871133
I like Jae for her mature sensibility in developing romance without forced angst. The only books of hers I didn't read yet are the police series because its apparently about a rape and the 2nd Hollywood book because she starts out too straight for me. Aside from that I enjoy everything she does, Something in the Wine, Under a Falling Star, and Departure from the Script, are comfortable slow-burn romances, while Backwards to Oregon is mostly a tense historical drama while its sequel Hidden Truths is more focused on romance. They were all enjoyable for different reasons, but I'd have to know what you didn't enjoy about the books you have read from her to be more specific.
>>
>>1871141
The last one of her I read was Under a Falling Star, I think, and I was put off by the main characters. I enjoyed the beginning very much, but then they started acting idiotic and played all those avoidance games in the middle part, AND then said "fuck it" in the end out of nowhere, after they got caught. Couldn't force myself to sympathize with them.
I guess I just don't like the "but we're both girls" trope and its variations (so "but I'm your boss"/"but I'm christian"/"but your mother is my mother"/...).

Actually, there was one book of her I remember enjoying - the one about the vampire going to AA meetings. I liked that it didn't take itself too seriously, but I can't say it was very memorable.
>>
>>1871180
I thought it was great but the parts that made you frustrated made me sympathize with the situation they were in, I think anyone married to their career would struggle with choosing to give up a lifetime of work they invested in for anyone, and I felt like they got together naturally once they both realized their life goals didn't align with what they were doing and who they were doing it for, which I think is great since you rarely see stories confront the fact that simply being in love doesn't solve all life's problems. Having them both deciding a huge change in their lives was something that was eating away at them and I related to it so I guess I'm biased, but I thought it made sense.. Anyway I can understand why you don't enjoy it the "but we're both girls trope", so maybe you'll like Departure from the Script since both characters are already out. Something in the Wine is about a late bloomer who has some hesitation with her gayness, but it is probably the sweetest slow-burn romance of them all and I think you should give it a try when you're ready.

I forgot about that vampire series, I haven't read it yet but apparently there was a sequel. I haven't heard anything about it yet though.
>>
>>1871222
Thanks, I'll check them out, then.
>>
>>1870964
>>1871005
>>1871012
https://docs.google.com/document/d/18e71t0H7v6olXdY9Ig0giUjnhSt1zltLcLSpj3SxRaI
>>
>>1871100
Oh yeah. Those are hilarious. Especially considering her other novels.
>>
>>1870904
> Lydia Rose
here is a link for Lost Memories: A Lesbian Romance http://www82.zippyshare.com/v/8mKs1IRm/file.html
>>
Finally read The Beard by Anne Eton. I wish it was longer, it was a good laugh. Both Anna and Kelly pining for the other for a year was cute, I realize despite reading so much romance there isn't enough light corny romantic stuff like that. Also, I can't help thinking of Anna as a big adorable rapist. God damn were those dancing/sex scenes hot.
>>
>>1871100
Hey, what do you know, that was enjoyable. Seconding sequel request.

Is there an ebook store that allows me to pay with paypal, isn't smashwords, doesn't need my CC and has a nice stock?
>>
This website is dedicated to short stories and chapters. It's all free to read, so don't expect the best, but I've been reading at this site for 8 years now. There's a lot of stories I would recommend, but I'd have to sift through them again. This is the latest one I read that I thought was deserving of being linked.
http://www.nifty.org/nifty/lesbian/romance/i-love-you-my-friend/
Enjoy.
>>
>>1871100
I bought the sequel awhile back. Give me a bit and I'll rip it and post a link.
>>
>>1871456
Wow, that's bad.
>>
I read Scaredy Cat by Robin Alexander and it put me in the mood for more books that fit in with the upcoming Halloween season. Are there any other fun books that evoke horror themes without actually being scary? I'm a wimp

Books like Icehole are also acceptable even if it was scary for a bit, it was more thriller than horror.
>>
>>1872342
The Haunting has a lesbian secondary character, but that is an actual horror book.
>>
>>1872342
>Books like Icehole are also acceptable

That with the military woman and tiny scientist? Unacceptable. Horror only in the quality of characters.
>>
>>1872342
Here's a better link
http://www.nifty.org/nifty/lesbian/romance/little-girl-lost/
Romance between a paranormal investigator and a Texas ranger. Her bodyguard for the investigation. I haven't finished, but it's pretty good and well written.
>>
>>1872342
Keepers of the Cave and Weeping Walls by Gerri Hill.
>>
>>1872355
Malory is my hero, she is fiesty and immature but a little sweet and so fucking innocent, my heart can't take it. Her interactions with Corky felt very human to me, and compared to many other characters she remains memorable in the best way. I know campy stories aren't for everyone, but I like it. I'm curious what books you think have better characters of personality. I want to see some sass.

>>1872356
Not sure how to feel about erotica involving detectives in a child rapist/murderer case.

>>1872361
From the reviews it looks like this is about rapists as well. I wish I could say lesfic is full of surprises.
>>
>>1871100
>>1872355
http://www67.zippyshare.com/v/1sy6YIQq/file.html

Maybe it will let me post this time...
>>
>>1872879
>Her interactions with Corky felt very human to me

Blatant bullying is pretty human, yeah. It's also dumb. Because there wasn't even a higher goal to it, at first (obviously it's going to turn into romance later).
Then again, I couldn't get past the first 50 or so pages, because of this ridiculous interaction. Maybe it gets better, but I'd have to wade through that again, so, no thanks.

Sage, because not helpful.
>>
I just read Finding Ashlynn by Zoe Lynne, it is shorter and much simpler book than That Witch! from the same author, but it is still another of the very few books that is almost entirely a feel-good experience. The MCs communicate their problems before they start, and they hold hands and hug and kiss a lot. It is comforting.
Not to make it out as overly important, but the book itself brings up virginity and then skips over it (and they sadly don't fuck in this book and the sequel is about the trans friend), but are there any stories that actually have virgins awkwardly making out and having awkward sex instead of making one have a meaningless first time so they can take the lead via the cliched idea that it makes a difference? There aren't enough sappy true love books where the MCs share each and every one of their first times together.

Here's another challenge: is there anything out there with a girl pretending to be sexually experienced when she is actually a virgin? I feel like that would be an amusing plot, especially if she falls for someone who is an even more innocent virgin than her, making the faker get stuck in the lie with someone who doesn't know any better.
>>
These are some of the latest Books, mostly released this month

C.a.r.s.e.n. .T.a.i.te - R.ea.so.na.b.l.e D.o.u.b.t
D.e.a.d.l.y Medici....ne
E.m.i.l.y .S.m.i.t.h .-. .S.a.m.e. .T.i.m.e. .N.e.x.t Week
E.r.i.n. .D.u.t.t.o.n. .-. O.f.f.i.c.e.r. .D.o.w.n.
Gu.n. .B.r.o.o.k.e. .-. .S.o.u.l. .U.n.i.q.u.e
Ha.r.d.w.i.r.e.d - C. P. Ro.w.l.a.n.d.s
Ti.n.a. .M.i.c.h.e.l.e. .-. .I.n. .E.v.e.r.y. .C.l.o.u.d
Ja.i.m.e. Ma.d.d.o.x - .B.o.u.n.c.i.ng
Ka.r.i.s . W.a.l.s.h. - M.o.u.n.tin.g Ev.i.d.e.n.ce
M.J Wi.l.l.i.a.m.z - S.h.e.l.te.r.e.d L.o.v.e
.R.a.dc.l.y.f.fe - [.H.o.n.o.r 9] P.ri.c.e of. .H.o.n.o.r
Th.e Ch.a.m.e.l.e.o.n.s Tale
V K P.o.w.e.ll - S.i.d.e E.f.f.e.cts

http://www23.zippyshare.com/v/o2F4fbzL/file.html
>>
>>1873280
That post reads like virus advertising.
>>
>>1873282
That is not virus advert. i Put those dots, because of them you won't find this post through by just googling book name,
>>
>>1873280
Is the zip password protected?
>>
>>1873287
ok guys bullshit aside, here is password

!@#$7782!@#$

plz don't create mirror links
>>
>>1873307
Thanks.
>>
Does anyone have the last three books of the Sullivan Vampires by Bridget Essex by chance?

Wish they were just one or two books instead of I think six little short books with only 30 pages.
>>
>>1872342
>>1872361
I liked Icehole a lot. I also really liked Keepers of the Cave with it's almost Lovecraftian of story.

Also just finished Dead Kitties Don't Purr by Amber Green. It's a fun zombie short
>>
>>1873415
Meaning - 4, 5, 6? 4's on kat, I haven't seen 5 anywhere and 6's not out yet. I've been debating buying 5 for a while, but it's probably a string-along like the previous books, so fuck that.
>>
File: 17675440.jpg (133KB, 307x475px) Image search: [Google]
17675440.jpg
133KB, 307x475px
>>1873280
Thanks anon!
Why are Gun Brooke's covers so hilarious. Those 3D models always crack me up.
>>
>>1873771
That's Poser for ya.
>>
I read Music of the Soul by Erik Schubach, I have mixed feelings on how it was executed but it wasn't a terrible experience. It opened too sweet and too fast, then she broke down via a misunderstanding that could have been avoided so easily. The ending where all these new random people followed her into the room where they reunite was also very sitcom-esque. I think that was what I disliked about it, it felt fake even though by all rights the subject matter should've should've made it feel more real.

Anyway, I started the next in the series, A Defeaning Whipser, and I unfortunately found myself having to drop it unexpectedly, 1/3rd of the way in after realizing all the shrouded mentions of Valla's "health problem" and the time-skip opening without her there meant the book would end with her dying. I'm not ready for that. Is anyone familiar with this author enough to recommend which books are good and which should be skipped? He has a ton of books, so there must be a few good ones.
>>
>>1873793
I read one of his books unfortunately, but at least I know now that he's a shit writer.
>>
>>1870660
>>1870960
Huh. That was probably my least favorite of her books; very by-the-numbers with none of Dating Sarah Cooper's sweetness ("Uh, they always knew I was gay?" when they're both still convincing themselves it's just an act is still one of my favorite scenes in any romance) or Taking Flight's meaningfulness.

Naturally, that means it's the highest-rated on Goodreads.
>>
>>1873939
That's too bad, I didn't find myself capable of enjoying DSC due to the het self-sabotage and that fucking phonecall, which still gives me pain. After reading this newest synopsis and looking back at her other book reviews again it looks seems like the skeleton of her story's drama is always set up the same way. There is always a sex-crazed girl and/or a downward spiral of misunderstanding/bad-decisions causing escalating hurt feelings that rips into the heart of one or both love interests, then an almost miraculous turn-around of a happy ending will come at the final moment. I've only read the spoilers, so maybe this isn't entirely the case and it certainly isn't the only thing to take away from the book, but since her writing style is good I was really hoping her drama would move on to something else by now.
>>
>>1873939
It's very shallow compared to her others, especially Taking Flight. Rather disappointing, though I can't regret that they were each other's first
>>
Does anyone know any good lez medical dramas?
>>
>>1874156
I don't know if they can be considered dramas but Radclyffe has quite a few novels that are set in the medical field (I believe she used to be a surgeon) and that I've really liked, I reread them every few months:

Fated Love
Turn Back Time
Passion's Bright Fury
Night Call
Crossroads

I recommend reading them by date of publication since the most important characters in the first one are in the second and so on.
>>
>>1873280
>Soul Unique by Gun Brooke

I've only read The Blush Factor and Sheriden's Fate from Gun Brooke which I enjoyed enough to put them back on my re-read list, and now this one is up there as well. She might only write age-gaps involving wildly successful people, but damn is it adorable. I didn't expect to find Hayden's Asperger's so cute but with Greer's warm viewpoint she won me over instantly except the weirdness of Hayden having sex when she was a teenager with a random, which I don't want to even imagine since there are all those unresolved issue of her abused childhood and the nightmare of being beaten. I'd prefer if it left all of those dark details vague or completely unspoken if it wasn't going to resolve any of it in an understandable way by the end. Thanks!
>>
>>1873280
Thank you kind anon
>>
http://www.nifty.org/nifty/lesbian/highschool/jessicas-heart/
This ones pretty cute, nothing more. High shool girls, so I can imagine that's something everyone can agree on. If nothing else, it's not that long and can be a great time killer.
>>
Guys plz don't create mirror links of my post, i just saw my zip file on some blog,i won't upload any new books otherwise,
i buy most of the books to support authors, if you like their writing plz buy them.,

new books coming soon

thank you
>>
>>1874960
You're complaining about people not buying the books, but put up the books for pirating.
Choose one, and only one.
>>
>>1874966
hey sorry i mean no offence, i'm not complaining i am just saying if you can afford to buy, do it.
>>
>>1874960
What's the point of sharing them if you only want a selected group to have them? If you don't want them to be everywhere because of your guilty conscience then don't share them. You seem new to the internet.
>>
>>1874960
wow thanks anon ! don't worry about a thing
sharing is caring, right?
btw i loved reasonable doubt.
>>
>>1874981
If anon 1873280 says not to put up mirror links then we should respect the request. There is no need to jump all over him/her. I for one am thankful for the new material. As for sharing, any one else who accessed anon's zippyshare link could in turn share by reuploading the material.
>>
>>1874661
>age gap
This does seem to be a theme for Gun Brooke. I've yet to read anything besides TBF and Coffee Sonata, but I like her writing. I didn't really like the latter, but it's one of her earliest books and there's a pretty noticeable difference between that and TBF.
I wonder how do her Sci Fi books compare.
>>
>>1875249
The Supreme Constellations books are pretty cheesy, but kinda fun. Just re-read them, after a few years.
>>
hi
i'm looking for a few books - all ny Jae:
The Midnight Couch
Love Beneath the Christmas Tree
Dress-tease
Natural Family Disasters
Change of Pace
A Rooster's Job
The Art of Pretending
Grasping at Straws
Wicked Things: Lesbian Halloween Short Stories
I can't find them on my own:( thanks in advance
>>
>>1873204
>Midnight on a Mountaintop

Thanks, but damn did I have very high expectations for this and they were not met in the slightest. Midnight in Orlando was charming with two introverted weirdos making awkward advances at each other, it was fun and lighthearted and I laughed the whole time. This sequel is devoid of any of that charm at all, instead it is just weirdly serious "random" chance encounters ruined everything, the old ex causing a non-love triangle, the ridiculous cop arresting her, and danger-based anxiety over getting lost in the woods somehow causing her to walk into a crazy hermit who happens to live an hour by foot next to the cabins. Terrible. The first book had them being their own worst enemy in an adorable way, but this book made the world plot against them and it felt so stupid and manufactured. I don't get how such an easy sequel went wrong in so many ways, the main couple barely interact at all literally only a few pages of them having sex and the last 10 or so pages were any good, and even then the ending wasn't satisfying.. I regret reading it since my imagination of what would have happened after the first book was infinitely better than this.

There has to be another introvert x introvert book out there, Midnight in Orlando can't be the only good one, right?
>>
Just found out a book I read when I was younger had a lesbian supporting character. Been meaning to reread to see if I still liked it anyway, going to keep an eye out and see if I can spot any hints.
>>
>>1875361
Too bad. I thought it was as charming as the first. Cute and funny.
>>
>>1874953
I might try and read this but I'm not familiar with how to turn 4 .txt files into 1 ebook so I can put it on my kindle. Any idea?
>>
>>1875414
So...which book?
>>
Here's a great slice of life story
http://www.nifty.org/nifty/lesbian/highschool/sweet-sixteen
Just a short story, no chapters. Really good.
>>1875691
I'm just here to reccomend stories and hopefully bring new people into the nifty universe. The websites been slow for 2 years, dying You could say. Hopefully another anon can assist you.
>>
>>1875691
Copy&paste all text from the 4 files into one. Use calibre to convert into desired format.
>>
>>1875691
Doesn't kindle support txt out of the box?
>>
any one want, S.n.o.w. A.n.g.e.l. .-. .R.o.n.i.c.a. .B.l.a.c.k. ? it's kind of small book but good
>>
Does anyone have: "No Good Reason" by Cari Hunter, "Mounting Danger" by Karis Walsh or "Somewhere Between Love and Justice" by S.W. Andersen?
>>
>>1875809
Yeah, this sounds like something I would be interested in.
>>
>>1875829
Cari Hunter- No good reason
http://www22.zippyshare.com/v/xYdjgfuc/file.html
>>
http://www.nifty.org/nifty/lesbian/sf-fantasy/the-sisters
NSFW, incest, sci-fi. (Bondage??) Wasn't my thing, but wasn't bad. Pretty quick story.
>>
>>1873204
Thanks anon.
I share a similar opinion as >>1875361, though maybe not as extreme. I still liked the book, but god damn, I don't need to know Susan's iPod is nano, or whatever. The over-attention to detail is reminiscent of a fanfic, and the random hijinks felt grating, because there was always something keeping them apart. And I think the characters have grown...a little cynical? I had trouble reconciling them and the awkwardness from the first book at times.
Whereas Midnight in Orlando was pretty freaking endearing, the second failed to elicit that response from me and I felt like "meh, so that happened".
And there's the lack of definite closure. Still, I'll be waiting for Midnight in Brooklyn or whatever the third book will be called, if there even is a plan for it to happen.
>>
I recently finished reading Wild by Meghan O'Brien - which typically isn't my thing - but I actually enjoyed it. Now I'm in the mood for another fantasy/urban fantasy novel. Maybe something not so dark. I've had a look for similar novels but most of them seem to be either werewolves or vampires...and I can't help but think of the dark days of Twilight when I see those.

And this is a long shot, but has anyone ever read a decent novel/fic that has a size gap theme between the two MC? It's a bit of a weird theme but it's something I've been craving lately, but I haven't been able to find anything decent. All I can find are poor fanfics (with feet or vore fetishes mixed in) and one novel about a guy who goes to an island full of Amazonian lesbians...would have considered it if it was a woman that went lol.
>>
>>1876973
If you haven't, check out the follow-up story to Wild published in Women of the Dark Streets collection.

>age gap
Read anything by Gun Brooke? That seems to be her thing.
>>
>>1875778
The Protector of the Small series by Tamora Pierce. Was browsing tvtropes out of boredom and apparently the main Character Kel well her maid is gay. But the author didn't have a good place to mention it or something.

Gonna reread and see if I can find any hints or subtext.

Kel at one point mentions tha Yamani(fantasy Japan) people have no problem with homosexuality but to my knowledge just the maid who is a supporting character is the only lesbian in the book. Lalasa is the name of the maid I believe.
>>
http://www83.zippyshare.com/v/KToFNICD/file.html
>>
>>1876908
A sequel would be very welcome if it focuses on their life together in the same city in separate apartments and ending with them living together. This time the story could be about them going on dates or sleeping over at each other's apartments while overthinking their desire to ask the other to move in with them and being awkward about it.

>>1876973
>size gap
Scaredy Cat by Robin Alexander has a very short MC that gets some funny uses. The Garoul series by Gill McKnight is full of size gap as well, but you probably read that already. The Beard by Anne Eton is size gap as well but it doesn't get explored much since the story isn't very long. These might not satisfy your craving but they're good books at least.
>>
>>1876977
Fuck, now I realize you wanted SIZE gap, not age gap. Oh well, no time to make an idiot out of myself like the present.
>>
>>1877032
I've actually had Scaredy Cat on my tablet for a good while now but I haven't had the chance to read it. And I haven't read the Garoul series either. Robin Alexander's books are generally a fun read so I'll give that a go first, thanks!

>>1877037
That's ok, Anon, it's the thought that counts. And thanks for pointing out the follow-up story - the ending for Wild was a bit sudden and lacking for me so the follow-up made a nice epilogue.

But yeah, tall female/small female with notable size difference. Honestly, I'm a sucker for the whole tall, strong guardian protecting their smaller partner (Or the other way for a weird twist). I read When Women Were Warriors years ago and there was some size gap in that but it wasn't a big factor in it. Still an enjoyable read.
>>
I'm trying to find more books that are about two people getting stuck alone with each other or thrown together in an unusual situation that prevents them from separating. I don't really care what the circumstance is, but I'm definitely not interested in any lesbian x married/straight/etc. Thirteen Hours and 96 Hours are the only ones I found so far that I think qualify but I'm not interested in erotica or tragedy at the moment. Is there anything else that's good?
>>
>>1877149
Ice by Lyn Gardner
>>
>>1877149
Accidental Love by B L Miller
>>
>>1877149
Jae's Second Nature.
>>
currently reading cadence of my heart by keira telford and enjoying it more than i thought i would this type of story.
went looking and didn't find anything else by her shared, so i'd appreciate other books by her
>>
>>1877469
- The Magistrate (The Prisonworld Trilogy, #1)
- The Procuress (The Prisonworld Trilogy, #2)
- The Housemistress
- Hoar & Rime

http://www87.zippyshare.com/v/iHKYaAws/file.html
>>
Did anyone save the fic "The Official Guide to Rescuing and Maintaining Damsels in Distress"? Apparently it's been put on amazon instead of ralst. Which is okay.
>>
>>1870964
I'm in the same situation as this anon and I haven't really found a proper reply in the thread, so. I've also just read Annie on My Mind. And I'd like something similar. First love, etc. And I liked the writing style, also. I'd like something set in the real world, i.e. not fantasy.

Help please!
>>
>>1877644
Thanks!
>>
>>1877698
If you are into young adult, try Her Name in the Sky by Kelly Quindlen (there's het sex in this one) or The Gravity Between Us by Kristen Zimmer.

When I want something new to read I usually check Goodreads's lists. The reviews/ratings are more trustworthy than Amazon's, at least in my opinion. Check this one: https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/4541.Best_Lesbian_Fiction
>>
I just finished the Lyremouth series. It's awesome. I'm currently starting Daughter of Mystery and boy I am so bored with this.
>>
>>1877698
First loves are a favorite of mine, there really aren't many of them unfortunately. Something in the Wine by Jae kind of fits, the Garoul series by Gill McKnight book 1 and 2 fit, That Witch! and Finding Ashlynn by Zoe Lynn, Engravings of Wraith and Icehole by Kiera Dellacroix.

>>1877761
There's het sex in HNitS? I haven't read it because I don't handle angst well, but damn. The Gravity Between Us wasn't that enjoyable in my opinion, the angsty drama reached unbelievable levels.

I also just read Everything Changes by Samantha Hale. It was an OK read, maybe a little rushed and incomplete but still mostly enjoyable for a short book. I liked the romance actually involving them going on dates and hanging out, and the MC was interesting sinec we rarely get characters who aren't peer pressured into having sex with guys. Is there any young adult books that have characters who think they're asexual or apathetic instead of forcing themselves straight?
>>
>>1877786
There weren't any explicit scenes, if I remember correctly, but it was implied. I don't usually mind het sex scenes too much but I hated that one because I hated the other character.
>>
>>1877886
Well you're stronger than I am, I never encounter tolerable het, it only makes me claustrophobic, moreso if it's a product of angst in which case I die a little inside. If it is so bad that you hated it even when it wasn't explicit I probably would have snapped my kindle and never finished the book, so thanks for the warning. For all the times popular books get recommended I am surprised how often there are no warnings for the squeamish.
>>
Can anyone recommend a story where one MC is in love with the other, but the other MC is in love with another woman (no het!!)?
>>
Anyone have A Perfect Romance by Layce Gardner?
>>
>>1877786

Thank you (and the other anons who replied) for the suggestions. I'll look into them

I am amazed, and depressed, that there are a shortage of first love books. You'd think it would be a rich area: YA first loves in the spirit of Annie on My Mind. I mean we're fucking half way through the 2010s for christ sake and AoMM was published in what, 1982? Surely people can enjoy a romance between people irrespective of their genders.

Surely we can get contemporary books like AoMM, with less angst on account of this being the 2010s and no school is going to give you shit here (can't speak for those of you over the pond of course) for being gay. Except maybe some really repressed public schools. And then it would be clearly illegal, and the parents would probably have the cash to push it legally. And even the tabloids would be on the right side, though they would of course sensationalise the whole thing and it'd be front page if the legal stuff had to go far because the school didn't just settle.

And the other thing is how most of these books seems to be crowded off in some fucking LGBT category. Aren't these people human as much as anyone else? It's fiction, so put it in the fucking fiction section. If you can group it because it's specifically romance, or young adult, put it in those sections but that's it.

Oh, I await the day when I can pick up a book off a bookshelf in a bookshop and not already know that the protagonist is gay, bi, or trans, because it's been grouped into some fucking fringe section. And then it's just there, and not played out for - I don't know - to boost the diversity quota or something. Or treated like it has to be justified all the time.

Like I said, 2010s.

But I digress.
>>
>>1878422
I'm okay with the books being under LGBT category because there's no way in hell I'm going to go through hundreds of het books just to find a book I want to read.

For online bookstore/websites, they could use multi categories/genre like goodreads
>>
>>1878515

But that's like saying one demands a cyberpunk section because you don't want to look through the sci-fi/fantasy section. Or, you want a post-cyberpunk section because you don't want to pick up some the of the 80s stuff by Gibson by accident. If you want something specific within the broad bases of genres, you can look on-line. In a bookshop sometimes though, it's just nice to be surprised. And I think if a book is LGBT and YA, it should be in the YA section, not the LGBT section. I mean, they didn't (use to) have a section purely dedicated to poorly written het romances with vampires/werewolves/etc.

You don't get a "het romance" section in the fiction section. It's adult fiction of all kinds, ordered by author, and people deal with that. Grouping anything LGBT related into it's own section is just othering. And it's sad.

Let's take Steam for example. They do not have LGBT related categories for the games they sell - they have what I'd say are the fundamentally hard genres - FPS, RTS, etc, etc. Then they have a tagging system, and a curator system (with some active, and popular LGTB-related curators) that acts as this secondary herding system for people with specific interests. So you get people stumbling on games with those elements because they were looking for some very general kind of Indie game or something, and that can only be a good thing imo.

But yeah don't mind my rambling, I'm primarily annoyed because there isn't the long list of stuff like AoMM that I was hoping for...
>>
>>1870688
>Lyremouth Chronicles
I highly recommend reading this one. I greatly enjoyed it. None of that nasty stuff happens.
>>
>>1878534
>You don't get a "het romance" section in the fiction section. It's adult fiction of all kinds, ordered by author, and people deal with that. Grouping anything LGBT related into it's own section is just othering. And it's sad.
>othering

I think the issue is that there are few novels with lesbian protagonists that don't focus on romance. So, is a novel like Slow River or Whatever Gods May Be going to be put in Lesbian romance or in general fiction? That's more where the line is gray.

Oh, and yes, there is a het romance section in most libraries and bookstores. Fantasy and sci-fi are usually broken apart.

Anon, find something else to complain about. Your point is insignificant in the broad scheme of life.
>>
>>1878422
It is sad that the number of innocent stories of first love can be figuratively counted on one hand. I remembered a few others that have first love to some degree: Roses & Thorns by Chris Anne Wolfe, Nightshade (warning:flashback rape) by Shea Godfrey, Daughter of Mystery by Heather Rose Jones, Divine Touched & sequel Eternal Autumn by Cassandra Duffy, Sword of the Guardian by Merry Shannon, Backwards to Oregon sequel Hidden Truths by Jae is about a first love, BtO might sort of count but read the synopsis first since it isn't a usual story. A more general warning that unfortunately applies to all of these (exceptions: Divine Touched & Eternal Autumn) is attempted rape and sexual assault, some books more graphic than others, which is another sad state of lesfic that you'll have to get used to as you read more.

I hope someone chimes in with more, I'm realizing that a lot of my favorite books are predominantly first loves.

>>1878536
Can you clarify the het content? The first book in the series failed my ctrl+f test, there is a male love interest and I was unnerved by the passionate het kissing and the aftermath of skimming that passage left the bad impression that it was significant.
>>
does anyone have the link for She came at dawn? all the torrents aren't working anymore :( thank you.
>>
>>1878566

Wow that's pretty horrible. Esp. re: sexual assault. Is there no market or what for, just well, innocent first love? Is it disproportionately hard to get the stuff published? Or are people just not writing it?
>>
>>1878613
Gotta be edgy, I guess. Everyone looooves edge.
>>
>>1878613
People aren't writing it, or maybe publishers insist on more turbulent drama. A lot of books involve 20-40 year old women who believed themselves straight until a sizzling hot lesbian turns their head, they are more often than not married or divorced or involved in similar backstories like that. Young adult is primarily coming out stories and angst with het thrown in the mix. There are those few that are about two young girls who find first love with each other, and a handful of books about two older out lesbians who meet without any of those backstories, but they're buried under a mountain.
>>
>>1878641

>A lot of books involve 20-40 year old women who believed themselves straight until a sizzling hot lesbian turns their head, they are more often than not married or divorced or involved in similar backstories like that.

That sounds pretty lame to me.

Guess I'll have to write something myself.

>>1878624

Hah. Everyone but me apparently. Well, a bit, and I stress a bit, of "angst" - which I assume would just be called - reality, is fine. But the kind of silly engineering of scenarios that goes on in some texts... not good.
>>
>>1878755
>reality
I think there are two "kinds" of angst.
The one that is outright anguish and gloom, and girls praying to god to take their lesbianism away, as someone here once said, and the one that's causing some worries and anxiety to envelop the characters and influences their decisions, and is outside of their control, really.
Unfortunately, the term has become so muddled recently I don't even know what it means anymore. Maybe I've read too many fanfics.

>silly engineering
Now I'm craving a story where one characters woos another and they end up together because of the actions of the former, not random scenario causing them to meet. Any books like that out there?
>>
Anyone has Divine Touched? Is it any good?
>>
>>1878771
Angst comes in many forms, but at its core it is simple anxiety caused by whatever circumstance the protagonists find themselves in. My way of distinguishing angst is what direction it comes from and in what severity it impedes happiness.
The inner angst, mainly from self-doubt, self-hate or other confusion. Often found in lesbians who have difficulty coming out (to themselves or others), or who think they aren't capable of being reciprocated by their love interest. They often self-destruct and make bad decisions to make themselves feel even worse.
The external angst, generally caused by other people's involvement in the protagonist's love life. Usually the external force will continue to make life even more miserable for the protagonist until the showdown occurs.
The worst case is when the protagonist external-angsts over someone coming between her and her love interest, who is similarly internal-angsting by hooking up with said guy because she is self-destructing. Both characters say nothing of their true feelings, thus merging the inner and external angst into one huge disgusting angst monster, which consumes the reader's soul.

>engineering romance
I'm not really sure I know what to suggest for this, something as innocuous as two people meeting in a group of shared friends is ordinary enough, but throw in how it is the start to their love story and it becomes more of a memorable scenario. What exactly are you looking for?
>>
>>1878895
Divine Touched is something I'd recommend to anyone, it is very good, but the sequel, Eternal Autumn, is a middle book of a trilogy Come on Cassandra Duffy, where is it?? and suffers for that on top of the plot being all over the place with love triangles, polyamory, temporary couple separation and borderline-cheating, and infuriating cliffhangers so I wouldn't recommend it unless you absolutely have to find out what happens next.
>>
>>1878566
The main setting in this series is a country where most of the population doesn't have a sexual preference. MC is from a secluded matriarchal island chain where everyone is straight and gays are persecuted. Other MC is from the main country and had a boyfriend in the past (antagonist in the third book). As far as I remember, there's no male love interest at all. I recommend it if you want a good, light hearted read.
>>
>>1875361
>>1876908
You're welcome.

I wasn't crazy about the sequel, but it was worth a read if you enjoyed the first one. As long as you prepare yourself for the relationship taking ten steps back from where it left off at the end of the first book.
>>
>>1877663
If you type in the title on google, the first hit is literally a link to the original fic on Xenafic.
>>
>>1877469

It's always amusing when a character has to vehemently deny to themselves for over 100 pages that the other character is coming on to them.
>>
Can some post the file "the trouble with emily dickinson" on zippyshare? That's kind of the only site that works for me
>>
>>1877786

I just read Everything Changes too, and though I enjoyed it, it was more of a coming out story than a romance. There was less about them as a couple as I would have liked. And, hell was it rushed; it felt over way too quickly. Felt like all the characters were rushing through everything. And the continual mention of food really got to me. 100 pages and it felt like we had to know about the character's meals half that number of times!

And is this kind of coming out experience - with parents, if not with friends - still usual and contemporary for most people?

I would like to read more like it - it's one of the character's first love after all, though it seems the pickings are slim.
>>
>>1878983

It's a shame I'm not into fantasy. It sounds good. The first book.
>>
Hi
Does anyone have books by Syd Parker??
>>
>>1878896
>What exactly are you looking for?
Main character romancing the socks off the other character, I guess. Maybe she spotted her in a crowd and decided that yes, that's the girl she's going to get, even if it's the last thing she does. Maybe the other girl is a little reluctant, or outright hostile at first.
Sounds like a bad YA high-school novel, now that I think about it.
>>
>>1879341
Try Sea Legs by KG Macgregor
>>
>>1879266
I think all YA stories are like that, they have to feature a coming out story at some point since characters that young are rarely out already. I'll take the brief interruption of light angst over the heavier alternative that most YA stories feature any day.

With that in mind, I just finished Who I Am by M.L. Rice. A rare mutual first love between a loner band geek and a perfect student. I really enjoyed the first 2/3rds of the book, it was exciting and builds up to a payoff in a pleasing way. I almost wish I stopped reading after new year's eve to avoid the last third, which is unbelievably overdramatic in comparison and almost sucked the fun out of the whole experience, really, how much shit can the world heap on these two? Melanie's coming out to her parents would have been bad enough on its own, but to have Jason randomly appear drunk at that exact moment and almost murder Devin was ridiculous. Everything kept getting worse, but Mel's parents keep heaping more shit on their already suffering daughter, it was infuriating. Barring Mel from contacting Dev made no sense for an 18 year old adult, though I understand they were basically holding her college fund over her head, but pulling her from school and sending her to the other side of the country without a cellphone was the worst. I feel like this is practically child abuse, it was like she was abducted by her own family. It ended well enough, they might as well have proposed at that point since it wasn't an exhilarating catharsis to finally have common sense prevail after all the life-sapping drama. Jason facing no consequences to the extent that his parents continued to provide for him after all he did when compared to what they did for their daughter was inexcusable, all that injustice going unpunished really pisses me off. Jason should've been hit by a meteor.
>>
>>1879552

Thanks for the suggestion. I might check it out. But a bad end can really ruin the whole experience for me. I have a low emotional threshold for angst, and a bad ending can leave me miserable for weeks if I get attached to the characters.

If I wrote something, most of the angst is going to be in the characters' heads. They expect the worst all the time, and are mostly pleasantly surprised. Higher socioeconomic status families, educated parents in the middle class professions (that aren't finally "understanding" or "accepting" but more like, why would it bother us?), few discipline problems at their private school in the home counties (UK), with fellow students, though perhaps some don't "get it exactly" they aren't about to be overtly bigoted. Because in the middle classes in the home counties, to hold those views in public, is largely to make yourself a pariah. Not that I'm saying these are necessarily great people, many behave this way for the wrong reasons; i.e. conformity (but, unlike the usual of conformity making people worse, it actually makes them better sometimes).

Pretty sheltered stuff then (like real life in the home counties), but hell, I read to get a break from the shit life stuff. I'm sure many would agree.
>>
>>1879633
It has a good ending, I was just frustrated since it dragged it through more mud than I thought necessary. I'd read it again since the romance didn't leave me unsatisfied.

There are way too many classic romance archetypes missing or written without the care they deserve, so if you want to write lesfic make sure to do it right so we can have something good to read.
>>
>>1879408
Thank you, I'll try that one. The summary sure makes it sound pretty convoluted.
>>
>>1877765
The story definitely takes awhile to get started...like, 120 pages. I really loved this story and the sequel though.
>>
>>1877644
Thanks for the downloads.
>Hoar & Rime
That was disturbing. I think it was meant to be though.
>The Housemistress
Meh. Very unrealistic. I find it hard to believe a 30-something professional woman could be attracted to a 17 year old. Then again, those "conversations" that were referenced were never explored.
>>
>>1874960
sent ;)
>>
>>1880195
I checked the book out. Regrettably one of the protagonists has a name I have an intense dislike for. What luck.
>>
>>1880993
The last time that happened to me I changed it with Calibre. As good as new.
>>
>>1879552
>spoiler
Oh dear lord. Putting it on my "don't touch" list.
>>1879633
>They expect the worst all the time, and are mostly pleasantly surprised.
Sounds pretty good, if sprinkled with a touch of humour it'd be something I'd really like to read.
>>
>>1879552
People are shit. This might just have happened to some girl (or gay guy). Or more than one.
This world is fucked up enough for that to be easily feasible.
>>
>>1880998
I usually change the name if its sounds masculine or something I'm not fond of;I'm fine with unisex name but I don't get why some of the authors gave male names to their characters.
>>
>>1880998
>>1881061

Sounds like a good idea but I read the whole spoiler and ouch.

For now I think I'll read Dating Sarah Cooper.
>>
Buddy don't! there's a super disgusting scene in that book where one MC has sex with a guy while on the phone with the other MC and she hears the whole thing. Just saying. .. almost puked
>>
>>1881096
Are you referring to Dating Sarah Cooper? If so, great (/s obviously). And I read a bunch of reviews and it seemed like it was going to be ok.

But still, imo it's better than reading half a book about how utterly awful someone's coming out experience has been because their parents are defective human beings or whatever.
>>
>>1881002
Well I started writing something a little while ago. I think I've got characters, plot, structure and pacing sorted out and about 15,000 words down. It's a lot more relaxing that writing cyberpunk fiction. I'll see if it comes to anything.
>>
>>1881096
That scene does leave a bad taste and probably the reason why I didn't like the book much.
>>
>>1880993
Devin and Melanie are hardly bad names in lesfic, after all the Luke and Mike man names in every other book it was a pleasant surprise to

>>1881005
I agree, in hindsight I realize it really wasn't that bad since everything still works out.

>>1881123
>>1881123
>>1881136
Seriously, whoever recommends Dating Sarah Cooper without warning about that NTR shit is the worst. I've never regretted reading a book more, and the day I forget that scene can't come soon enough. Having read both, I can say with absolute certainty that the brief stupidity of the parents in Who I Am was practically pleasant compared to the shit Dating Sarah Cooper pulls.
>>
>>1881140

Ok, thanks for the warning. I'll trust you on this one.

And it's not that I dislike the name for the name's sake. It's by association.
>>
>>1881140
It's literally never occurred to me that someone could be such a delicate tumblrina. However did you manage to get through real-life high school?
>>
>>1881140
>it really wasn't that bad

Oh, but it was. I, for one, can't stand it. But I do recognize that much worse shit happens every day.

Sage, because...uh..pointless post, I guess. Damn.
>>
Finally started on Promises, Promises and so far it is just what I was hoping it would be, it is almost like reading Discworld except they're all lesbians. Is there any other comedic fantasy, or even plain comedy, that can compare?
>>
>>1881189
Probably not. If you haven't read Robin Alexander, her stuff has pretty good comedy, especially Just Jorie. No fantasy though. "You're full of demons!"
>>
Anyone got Popcorn Love by K.L Hughes?
>>
>>1868560

I read it before knowing it was a ShizNat fanfic. It's horrible. Tsundere doesn't really work well in a western setting, it feels like abuse. I realized after a few chapters in that it reads like some anime and googled it.
>>
>>1882085
Tsundere does work in western settings, it's been around for a long ass time, we just didn't have a name for it.
>>
>>1881263
Thanks. I'm more than a little burned out on stories about middle aged women figuring out they're gay, but I'll add Just Jorie to my list since I enjoyed a few of her books though they're more drama than comedy from the ones I've read.

Are there any lightly funny books about two out women (or at least out to themselves)? There should be more books that handle the usual drama between a couple by treating it as comedy, it would be fun.
>>
>>1882635
>more drama than comedy
You're reading the wrong books! The comedies are the best.
>>
Like previous anon requesting the trouble with emily dickinson
>>
>>1882835

http://www98.zippyshare.com/v/V22cdjRx/file.html
>>
>>1882635
This is fun ff fic it"s
The Enemy Next Door
by sliverwriter
>>
>>1883379
Hey, thanks. I was trying to find this again. Story is completely ridiculous, but I loved it.
>>
>>1873939

Siera Maley's lead up to the end is a bit weak IMHO. Her build-up towards first kiss scenes are always the best, you can just feel the tension. That was amazing.
>>
>>1875289
>Supreme Constellations series
I just finished Protector of the Realm and it was damn fun and not nearly as cheesy as you made me expect. It wasn't particularly technologically intricate but the space opera was thrilling and it pushed all the right buttons for me. Gun Brooke is starting to rise up as a favorite author, she writes a certain style of devotion in her character's romantic development that I don't get out of a lot of books, I like seeing that sense of honor in a character. If the next 3 books are this good I'll be extremely happy, thanks for bringing this series to my attention.
>>
>>1877765
I was just looking at the Lyremouth serious in the docs file. There's a happy ff ending right? Just looking for a fun, light adventure. Also if you have a link lying around, it'd be much appreciated!
>>
For those of you who were asking for Popcorn Love, it's now on kat.cr
>>
Can someone recommend me a book like Parties in Congress by Colette Moody ( a funny light read)?Thx
>>
>>1883379
I started it, skipped more than half then realized there's two parts to it...I don't have the strength for this nonsense.
>>
new thread link??
>>
>>1884138
>Supreme Constellations
I finished the other 3 books and now I'm smothered with age-gap. It would be funny how everyone gets with either a younger or older woman if it wasn't so utterly romantic about it. I couldn't ask for a better space adventure, it was interesting to see the world and technology expand a little more with each book, but the real highlight was having more and more couples join the main cast so by the end it was one big family of happy space lesbians. The story structure reminded me of Garoul in a lot of good ways, actually.

Please tell me there are other series exploring the same world with multiple couples that is this fun and heartwarming. I spent the week reading these and now I'm lost on what to read next.
>>
>>1886620
Not that anon, but I'm finishing Jae's shape shifter series now. Each book features the characters from the previous ones in some way. Haven't gotten around to reading all Gun Brooke's books so don't know how they compare, but they're pretty good, worth checking out if you're into that sort of thing.
>>
>>1875289
>>1884138
>>1886620

Do you guys have a link? Nothing comes up in Kat. ;_;
>>
>>1886681
They're all in the big one.
https://kat.cr/ff-library-the-complete-collection-of-lesbian-literature-t7414317.html
>>
>>1886681
>nothing comes up in Kat
Use <title> site:<url> on google in the future. Kat search doesn't show all the results.
>>
I don't know if I should recommend this but

"the traitor baru comorant by Seth Dickinson"

The main character is a lesbian, this is not an easy read. You can read the synopsis on goodreads. But one additional thing the world this is in is extremely anti-gay (This is extremely important and will be revisited frequently), to the point castration for men & women as punishment.

I warn you though, it is a tough read, not because of the setting but what you will go through with the story.
>>
Anyone has Barring Complications by Blythe Rippon?
>>
>>1887278
Torrent please
>>
>>1887653
>the traitor baru comorant

http://www58.zippyshare.com/v/pL6kXigL/file.html
>>
Does anyone have Spectrum by MJ Duncan? Thanks
>>
>>1886636
Those would fit, unfortunately I read all of Jae's books already. Speaking of, her next book Just Physical should be out soon, hopefully it is as good as her others.

>>1877155
>Accidental Love by B L Miller

Wow, that was too good, I have another new favorite now, thanks. There were so many different taboos and dualism: caretaker, boss/employee, rich/poor, lying/victim, all wrapped up in one deliciously co-dependent romance. I was worried it would be dated with annoying male stereotypes since it isn't that recent, but instead of those cliches it manages to have surprisingly compelling villains and an overabundance of cuddling that ramps up in intensity very smoothly. The only thing that bothered me was how Ronnie didn't have more prominent moments of guilt, that Rose never felt saved by the accident because she was moments from being mugged or raped by a group of guys, or that someone running out into the street on a snowy night was in the wrong as well. Aside from that it was kind of amazing how comfortable a story like this managed to be.
That post-cuddle masturbation scene was genius with it switching the point of view between them both as they orgasm to thoughts of each other. I can't believe this is the first time I've read a book with a prominent masturbation scene, so if anyone knows a good book which happens to also have masturbating protagonists, I'd be interested.
>>
>>1888160
Oh, just remembered another series - Geonn Canon's Squire's Isle supposedly fits. I've only read On the Air (which I found superb) and Gemini (which I found disappointing) though.
>>
Anyone have a link for a date with angel? Heard its pretty funny
>>
>>1888045
http://www49.zippyshare.com/v/b69ekWfe/file.html
I loved this one, I've read it twice already.
>>
>>1881263
>Just Jorie
Oh my god, that was an absolute joy to read. The only thing I didn't like at times was the loud family, but getting through those parts wasn't nearly as grating as some faults I've found in other books. I've already started Scaredy Cat and so far it's a breeze.
>>
>>1888553
don't be such a lazy ass, go search on the torrent site yourself.
>>
>>1888626
Thank you so very much!
Looking forward to reading it, sounds promising.
>>
Any story where the love interest is forceful or kinda of rapey?
>>
>>1889131
the only story that comes to mind is The Beard by Anne Eton
>>
>>1889131

I don't really remember but I think The Green Eyed Monster by Gill Mcknight. I seem to remember stopping reading the book because it was too rapey ? I think.
>>
>>1889255
This one was pretty good but too short. I've read it twice already.

>>1889131
Denial by jackie kennedy if you don't mind angst and drama. I liked it and it had a few hot/tense moments. Really fits your description.

A Date With Angel by J. Judkins. Angel is a freaking rapist, it was a fun read. I lost my shit when Angel pretended to be a illegal inmigrant after the power cut incident.

Any book by Robin Roseau. But I have mixed feelings with this author.

Trapped by Bella Donnis, kind of...

And.. that's it. I can't remember more books like that.

By the way, Satin And Steel (Blood And Fire Book 2)
by Brantwijn Serrah is already out. I can't find any download link but I'm really looking forward to read it.
>>
I read Kiss the Girl by Melissa Brayden, the first 80% of the book was extremely funny with good secondary characters, a couple with solid chemistry who excessively flirt and make out, and a rival-meets-rival premise that provides interesting tension, but the ending was so convoluted and immature that I finished the book with an empty feeling and I don't know what to think about it at all. Mallory's scene with Jessica where she says "if you hurt Brooklyn we'll come after you", yet the obviously fake betrayal-twist happens and none of Brooklyn's friends lifted a finger to hunt down Jessica, or better yet stick up for her. If Brooklyn angsting over fake betrayal for two weeks wasn't enough, she then dumps Jessica for childishly flawed reasoning when presented with the truth to hurt them both, and if that wasn't enough she hurts Jessica even more at the Christmas party. If I was in Jessica's shoes I'd be devastated and crying 24/7. In my experience, that much drama can kill romance, Jessica literally did nothing wrong but suffered multiple actual betrayals because of it, and I'm supposed to believe that all this hurt was swept away with Brooklyn going up to Jessica on Christmas Eve and saying "I love you, take me back" for a happily ever after? Please. The power dynamic of their relationship was skewed so unfavorably out Jessica's favor and it felt wrong. I get that Brooklyn was emotionally stunted by her childhood, but the way the story plays it out at the end felt really unhealthy and childish. I really, really liked this book but I think the ending ruined it for me.

Melissa Brayden has a lot of well-reviewed books, and as I was reading KtG I was excited at the thought of exploring them if they could be as good as this, but after reading the ending I'm wondering if I should even bother with her other books. Anyone familiar with her enough to guide me?
>>
>>1889588

Just read Waiting in the Wings and Heart Block.
>>
>>1889679
Yea I think Waiting in the Wings is her best book
>>
>>1889131
You probably read them but they are too fitting to leave out even so: all 4 Garoul books by Gill McKnight have that occasional rapey vibe and a few interesting forceful encounters it is all consensual, though just barely in some instances
>>
>>1889588
>Melissa Brayden
Those sort of immature break-up-just-because are kind of her thing, but Kiss the Girl is the worst by far. I'd still recommend her other books, just go into them expecting that illogical final break up for a period of time. Her characters (and their dialogue) are a lot of fun so it is a shame she has to do that final break-up trope in all her books. Maybe the one coming out in a few weeks won't suffer from that...
>>
>>1889708
Jesus, especially Goldenseal.
>>
I know it is spoon-feeding or whatever but do you guys know of any good book or maybe a really good fanfic about a rock band or a pop idol that has yuri in it? It seems like an interesting trope
>>
>>1889708
>>1889842
Speaking of Garoul rapeyness....How's book 4? I can't fathom, from the end of 3, that that book was a good idea.
>>
>>1889978
I was skeptical too, but 4 was a lot of fun to read. So read it.
>>
>>1889863
Chance (Grace Lennox) isn't too bad.
>>
>>1889679
>>1889681
>>1889840
I'm disappointed that my suspicions were correct. I can tell she is a good writer so I wonder why she thinks last minute breakups are a thing worth doing at all, let alone repeatedly. I'll put Waiting in the Wings on the backburner for now, thanks.

>>1889978
>>1890047
I was also skeptical, but like the other Garoul books things are never quite what they seem. The series did a great job at making things seem way more unsettling than they were, somehow.
>>
>>1889978
I rank it directly below Ambereye. And I loved Ambereye.
I can't say I was skeptical though - interested in how it will play out, more like.
>>
>>1890054
Thanks for that anon!
>>
>>1890137

I don't think they broke up near the end though. I thought it was halfway through the story and the 2nd half of the story is actually better than the first half.
>>
>>1889840
Kiss the Girl is my favorite from her, maybe because I had a crush on Jessica character. While I don't find Brooklyn's reason for breaking up forced or silly ( I found it quite logical and predictable tbh) I always felt that her apology in the end wasn't quite good enough. Without dealing with real issues it was just insubstantial mushy stuff. Still, although not perfect, I found Melissa one of my favorite writers in this genre. Her writing is good, smart, funny and I love the fact that her characters are always growing thorough her books. It gives her books substance and depth, which is hard to find in general.
>>
File: dare-me1.jpg (85KB, 458x610px) Image search: [Google]
dare-me1.jpg
85KB, 458x610px
Has anyone read Megan Abbott's Dare Me? It's a crime rather than a romance novel and explaining why it's /u/ relevant is sort of a spoiler, so I'll just say the story feels like a childhood friends yuri manga gone really wrong. Plus, it's about evil cheerleaders and everyone loves those.
>>
Anyone have French Kissing Season Two(Episode 7-10) by Harper Bliss?
>>
Anyone has White Roses Calling by Dakota Hudson? Thanks
>>
>>1888626
>Spectrum by MJ Duncan

That was extremely satisfying, thank you. If anyone wants a book about a cute pair doing cute things together, who have good friends with better advice, and a plot that is rarely dramatic then this is the one to read. There are very few books that provide similar emotionally smooth experiences so it was a gift to have this one be so long. It has some resemblance to Something in the Wine, not just because of the Vineyard setting, but more importantly in the comfortable flirting and touchy-feely atmosphere.

The ending was the only truly bumpy moment and it wasn't even that bad. I did feel like Anna should have tempered her expectations a little on Bryn's reaction to her sudden appearance given the circumstances, but at least it was justifiable and easily overcome. That it took her a month to get over it felt unnecessary, and is really the only concession I feel like I'd have to make to say this book was perfect. That and I wish the book spent more time on the final moments, I was looking forward to seeing their first I-love-you and the time around the proposal, but unfortunately it glosses over that briefly.

Have you read the author's other books, and are they as good or do they have any moments that ruin the experience? I have the feeling this author likes to write about relationships that don't have big ups and downs, which I appreciate and always want more of.
>>
>>1890678
I read that one a year or so ago and wouldn't really recommend it on account of it being all over the place with little if no focus on the /u/ aspect. But I guess if you like books that are more subtle about /u/, with the plot heavy on het shenanigans, and no solid resolution - go for it.
>>
I am interested in reading new Urban Fantasy stories or strongly recommended ones. I think I've read the majority of ones or at least popular ones that exist but was wondering if anyone else have some recommendations.

No futa please.
>>
>>1891031
Are Futa books even that big of a thing outside of web fiction?

Either way, seconding for urban fantasy, maybe also some hard fantasy even. The lesfic genre is honestly starved in that regard outside of Gossamer Axe.
>>
I've consumed too much fanfiction that I can now tell if a novel used to be a fanfic or not.
>>
>>1891087
Is it because you go 'Oh, I remember reading this when it was fanfiction'?
>>
>>1891091

I'm not really sure myself but I think fanfics have this sort of "style" that's quite different with "book" format fiction. I don't want to sound like a douchebag elitist but yeah.
>>
>>1891102
Nah, I know exactly what you're getting at, it's true.
>>
Anyone have Barbara Ann Wright - Thrall: Beyond Gold and Glory or Maggie Brown - Piping Her Tune?
>>
Does anyone have Psyche Shield (Psyche Moon #3) by Chrissie Buhr? Thanks in advance
>>
>>1890869
>Veritas by MJ Duncan

I went ahead and read this one and it proved to be another comfortable read, though I think Spectrum was better developed, mostly because Veritas is even more full of sex scenes, most interestingly it includes facesitting and 69 instead of more standard vanilla. Even though Veritas opens on weird emotional baggage with a dead wife who looks similar to the new love interest I ended up not minding it at all, and I usually can't stand to read about tragic backstories. The ending was also really good, usually last-minute separations piss me off, but this one actually felt necessary. Not only did it add some energy to the finale but it also made sense for their relationship to stand the test of time. Plus I like the long distance relationship aspect, which I never saw done before. I'd definitely recommend it for people who like relaxing love stories with lots and lots of sex.
>>
>>1867406
Does that book (All the little moments) have some big homophobe drama in the middle? Feels like that's on the horizon, being at page...170, I think. Or does it remain fluff?
>>
I've had Robin Alexander's books in a backlog since pretty much forever, but thought that hidden behind the summaries was some pretty serious drama, so took my time getting to them.
What a fool I've been. So far I've read Just Jorie, Scaredy Cat, Always Alex, Pitifully Ugly and Summer of our Discontent (I had a lot of reservations before starting that one, and turned out I liked that one the most). Something tells me I'm going to enjoy the rest of her books very much.
If anyone plans reading them someday but has them somewhat further down the line, I recommend moving them up the queue. I don't remember when was the last time I smiled this much when reading.
>>
>>1892420
I'm reading it right now and yes, the protagonist's MIL is a homophobe. I'm really enjoying it so far, though.
>>
>>1887733
>>1887278
>That awesome hyped feel when Baru plans and executes the rebellion
>When Sea duke had more scenes and did awesome stuff
>That feel when Purity came back after he saved her ass
>Then everything starts going to shit
>Muire Lo dies and gets burned alive
>Sea duke gets killed by the navy
>Baru orders the slaughter of non negotiable dukes and their armies
>And then they charge head first into battling the Govenator and the Stag Duke
>And then immediately after the victory she fucks everyone else over and kills off the rest of the dukes
>Goes full mind of steel and watches Tain Hu executed because saving her would be worse

Good shit right here.
>>
What happened to the story in ancient like Ireland with the huge warrior redhead and that pregnant muslim girl? I thought it was something like "The Black Sunne" or whatnot, but it looks like it was wiped off the face of the Earth.
>>
>>1893193
It's really good. I liked what the ending letters implied the most. For something more lighthearted but similar, read the When Women Were Warriors series. The first book is kinda slice of life and the second book has a small conflict but the third book is extremely satisfying character growth wise and the MC becomes a badass.
>>
Anyone have Change Horizons: Three Novellas Advance, and Pathfinder by Gun Brooke?
>>
>>1891558
http://www53.zippyshare.com/v/QGoPoDFv/file.html
Enjoy.
>>
>>1893833
Thank you so much!!
>>
Thoughts on Sarah Waters? I've read all of her books since she's basically the only lesbian author available at my library and I'm having a hell of a time finding others in the library.
>>
>>1894351
I don't think I've been able to finish reading a single book of hers without feeling somewhat dissatisfied, even though some of them do have a happy ending. am I alone in this?
>>
>>1894351
Love her! I don't consider her a lesbian author, only author which I think says a lot. Loved every book of hers for different reasons. But most important one is that she is serious writer and her books are SO much more than just romance. Tipping the Velvet is like Charles Dickens goes camp.
Try Price of Salt by Patricia Highsmith if you haven't already, it's a classic so chances are your library has it.
>>
>>1894927
Patricia Highsmith is legit, it's a shame how tragically she ended her days. Are you looking forward to Carol?

Shout out to Sybille Bedford on the topic of lesbians who wrote actual literature.
>>
Hey /u/, I'm considering writing a romance/sci-fi novel about a human who falls in love with a robot. If anyone's interested or has advice for me I'll linger around this thread for a while. Feel free to add me on skype, I'm finch181
>>
>>1892422
I've been pushing the heavier-looking Robin Alexander books down my reading list but this made me take a chance and finally try Just Jorie. It was worth it, it was probably one of more straightforward romances from her that I've read so far. The synopsis was almost as bad as the cover art at setting the tone, it made me expect a woman who wanted a husband but it barely gets mentioned to the point where that entire plot point was essentially irrelevant. A 40yo woman who never was attracted to another woman and had to keep dealing with those shit friends of hers setting her up is kind of tragic in its own way. Jorie's family was funny but in real life I think it is my nightmare. . I also had strong reservations about Summer of our Discontent, but I'm guessing the synopsis makes certain plot elements seem worse than they are so I'll add it back to my list as well, thanks.

Also, I haven't read too many of her books yet but it seems like she always adds one specific sexual twist to the story, like Pitifully Ugly's dildo one-night-stand adventure, Just Jorie's threesome mention, Scaredy Cat's sex friend scene, and I think I remember someone mentioning a book of hers has an orgy.
>>
>>1895029
Cate Blanchet playing a lesbian? Of course I'm looking forward! And I just love that road trip thing that goes in the book, I think it'll look great on screen.
Yeah I agree with you,between loving lesbian lit and lesbian who loves lit I'm more of the latter.
>>
>>1895146
>Summer of our Discontent
I don't want to say too much, lest I spoil the enjoyment of how surprisingly light-hearted it was, but damn... It doesn't really have ANY drama, the way the to MCs interact is a god damn comedy, and seeing them "open up" to each other is very satisfying. It left me wanting nothing, and the epilogue was perfect.
>>
>>1895176
I don't exactly seek them out, but it kind of seems like most of the women authors from the period of literature I enjoy the most were all sleeping with each other anyway.
>>
>>1895209
Were they all Anglophone Modernists?
>>
File: nips.jpg (43KB, 449x600px) Image search: [Google]
nips.jpg
43KB, 449x600px
>>1895240
I mean not ALL but p. much. What a time to be alive
>>
>>1895146
orgy
Gloria's Inn. I never finished it, and I love her recent stuff.
>>
>>1895071
Is the robot a roomba? I love those too!
>>
Hi, does anyone have The Purveyor by Karelia Stetz-Waters? Thanks
>>
>Broken Wings by LJ Baker

That was incredibly emotional and not at all what I expected. Abject poverty meets opulent socialite was an interesting mix but I'm glad I happened to be in the mood for a pity party because it was tense reading. I sadly never plan on reading Lady Knight because all the rape and I thought Broken wings was safe like Promises, Promises,:it isn't.
The ending transforms the crux of the entire book's focus from Rye being an stupid ass into her struggle with PTSD from being enslaved and tortured and beaten and, ultimately, raped. Didn't Rye suffer enough? I wish it left it at the attempted rape where she broke the guy's arm and ran for freedom, it isn't like her life wasn't tragic as shit already but she had to reveal a second successful rape at the trial? Really disappointing, can't swing a dead cat by the tail without hitting a lesfic about rape, goddamn. Also Flora was too good to be true, she is either too understanding or a complete doormat, she sticks with it through, what, 3 break ups? I couldn't handle that, Rye had her reasons and the romance was mostly sweet, but damn.
>>
>>1896194
Believe it or not, anon, many women around the world are raped, especially in that sort of society. Just because you think it's a trope in lesbian fiction doesn't mean it's a trope in every story you read. This goes for both Lady Knight (which was a very dark, difficult read even for me) and Broken Wings. On another note, have you tried Adijan and Her Genie? It's a lighter read, without the elements that you detest.
>>
>>1896210
On Broken WIngs, I agree that it is a sadly realistic fit to the story, and It wasn't that I detest the inclusion of rape in the story as much as just being frustrated with its use. Its addition seemed unnecessary to convey that Rye was struggling with her past when she was already burdened with every other trauma imaginable, any one of which was seemingly awful enough to cause PTSD on its own. I guess I saw the ingenuity of the book's build up towards Rye's crumbling hubris twist-revealing itself as PTSD to be lessened by adding another rape and leaving it all unresolved anyway. It makes the happily ever after ending, which the book actually winks at the 4th wall on by saying how much hard work is ahead of them, to be a little less enjoyable what with Rye's as-yet unbroken habit of making choices for optimal suffering. I didn't regret reading it at all though, I'm probably being so hard on it because I enjoyed it that much.

And I actually meant to ask about how good Adijan and Her Genie is, it isn't every day I see a story about an already established couple. Added it to my reading list for later, thanks.
>>
not exactly /lit/, but I saw that ARD is streaming the movie "Ich Will Dich" which seems to be yuri-related. Has anyone watched it?
>http://www.ardmediathek.de/tv/FilmMittwoch-im-Ersten/Ich-will-Dich/Das-Erste/Video?documentId=31221560&bcastId=10318946
>>
>>1896325
It's rated pretty good in TV magazines. So there's that...
I haven't watched it, but it's running a few times a month now, as per usual with ARD, ZDF und Dritte.
>>
>>1895208
I'm still working my way up to it, I know it is going to be worth reading but I need to be prepared anyway. I just finished Gift of Time though and it was great, like a starcrossed love story Back to the Future with adventure, which was surprising to see from Robin Alexander since she seems to mainly do modern day romances. I liked the change of pace in this one and I hope she does more like it.
>>
http://www17.zippyshare.com/v/Mtg1xLIB/file.html

This one's pretty fun and funny.
>>
Just finished Second Nature by Jae.
I had postponed it like 3 times already in 2 years and I'd finally decided that I had to get past the introduction. I have to say that it was worth it.

Previously I had read the sequel about the wolf shifter and I really liked it too, now I'm in doubt about which book I liked more.

Probably I'll read the one about the coyote shifter too.

>>1898246
Thanks a lot anon!
I've read the synopsis and it seems interesting. I'll read it asap.
>>
File: BSB-Thrall.jpg (184KB, 323x500px) Image search: [Google]
BSB-Thrall.jpg
184KB, 323x500px
Anyone got Thrall: Beyond Gold and Glory by Barbara Ann Wright to share? It'd be much appreciated.
>>
I'm looking for some good slow burn romances,any idea?
>>
I've been searching for books with covens of lesbian witches and Marie Castle's Hell's Belle and sequel The Devil You Know hit the mark. The writing was great and the story has a layered mysterious plot that has continued to get more elaborate as the story goes on. Most importantly, Jacq as the romantic interest made the book for me, their chemistry and the way that that magic was used to describe their emotions like a shared physical touch was amazing. An immortal loving a mortal is a cool concept, and all the witchcraft and supernatural beings make this a good read for Halloween, too.

A few warnings: the first book features an ex-husband plot that is extremely annoying, but it becomes less important if you keep reading because it isn't as it seems. Also the werewolf pheromone crap becomes less intrusive as well for the most part and the second book has foiled attempted rape with dark magic tentacle throat rape, the book wrote the magic as more about trying to infect her with evil than about sex, but it is still a big strike against the 2nd book for me. Sadly the very few non-evil prominent male characters end up being stereotypical men which is unfortunate, but what can you do.

The 3rd book Demons of a Feather is supposed to come out in 2015 but I can't find a solid date for it. I'm hoping this series will be long since every book expands the world building even more.

>>1899941
This could count, the romance is slow going and the main couple have principles that keep their relationship from going too fast. To add to your question, anyone know if there any books about characters who want to wait until the right one? It was an interesting trait.
>>
>>1893245
I swear I have that bookmarked somewhere. Now I have to find it.
>>
>>1893245
http://www.amazon.com/The-Sunne-Gold-Nene-Adams/dp/0970212704/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

Found it. Published, so I guess maybe the author removed it.
>>
>>1893245
>>1900080
>>1900085

here it is Nene Adams- The Sunne In Gold

http://www77.zippyshare.com/v/kR1S4aqL/file.html
>>
Does anyone have these?
Erik Schubach - Rose: Briar's Thorn
Erik Schubach - London Harmony: Doghouse
>>
>>1898246
Thank you, that was fucking adorable. Please tell me you know other books like this, I love happy YA.
>>
>>1898246
This was really good and sweet. Don't let yourself be put off by the unfortunate inane title.
>>
http://www50.zippyshare.com/v/qivrYqf2/file.html

Holy shit Robin Alexander did it again, this must be the most hilarious book I've read in months.

You guys remember the summer of our discontent? The Trip is very similar.

the snake and the bear scenes were just... damn I could barely keep my sides from exploding.
>>
>>1901433
Anon please, I can only read so fast...
>Similar to Summer of our Discontent
Well damn. To the top of the queue it goes.
>>
>>1901433
Also, I really wish I could buy her books somewhere besides Amazon, because she's an author I really would like to throw some money at, but without CC it's all moot...
>>
>>1901433
Robin Alexander seems to really enjoy writing old relatives with attitude, this was like Just Jorie goes Camping. Though I was confused with Selene only existing as a brief plot device, then when Jill realizes this she immediately stops contact and considers that a breakup. I kept expecting Selene to come back and haunt her, it made me spend the last half of the book worried over some classic 9/10ths drama being just around the corner. I'm glad it never did, but I'm puzzled why her dating another person and breaking up was written with no finality, especially when she specifically said she doesn't mess around while dating other women at the beginning. Threw me off.

Nothing beats a good instant-cohabitation story, especially humorous ones where they don't get along at first like this. Anyone know any others? The good ones I've read, with varied levels of early-story same-building residency, are Accidental Love, Sheridan's Fate, Garoul, Jae's BtO series, True Nature, Daughter of Mystery, Sword of the Guardian, Icehole, Pegasi & Prefects, Veritas, Roses & Thorns.
>>
>>1898246
Pretty cute, anon.
I don't think I'm the intended target for this, because the few instances of omg lols were pretty cringe-y. Didn't stop me from finishing. Regret nothing.
>>
>>1890137
>Melissa Brayden
I suppose this is a spoiler, but you should try Ready for Not. It's a bit blander than her others, but it also doesn't suffer from the unnecessary angst issue.
>>
>>1902734
>Ready for Not
When did this one came out? I thought I was published in November
>>
>>1902807
Boldstrokes releases ebooks early, within a couple days before the start of the month. I tend to stalk the website when a book I want is coming out.
>>
I've just read Prayer of the Handmaiden. 4/10 It's actually good except that horrendous book cover that gave me nightmares and forced me to put more effort on NOT to think about them as the characters.
>>
>>1902838

*4/5

I find it even better than Sword of the Gurdian.
>>
>>1902838
As the old saying goes: Don't judge a book by it's cover.
But I'm usually guilty of doing that myself.
Merry Shannon, Gun Brooke and Ann Roberts latest book ( https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/27211965-a-grand-plan ) are all example of covers that make you think twice before buying the book.
On the other hand, check the covers made by Mallory Rock. Now she can do awesome looking covers.
Alex Westmore's books are a good example:
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/14198334.Alex_Westmore

Just my two cents.
>>
>>1902840
Funny, I really disliked it.
>>
Are there any zombie/apocalypse (or both) romances out there? I'm hoping there's at least one with a good end and no rape.

Also, anyone read Apophis by Eliza Lentzski? I keep putting it off because some reviews made me question if it was worth it, but it's the only apocalyptic setting I've come across of so far and I'm curious. Is it any good?
>>
>>1902840

Sword of the Guardian has an even worse cover
>>
>>1903050

Dead Kitties Don't Purr by Amber Green is a great zombie short. It's very well developed for a short story, and would have been even better as a full length book.

Apophis is decent. Kind of anticlimactic, and the end leaves you wanting more of a resolution (relationship wise it works out, "good" ending).
>>
>>1902734
>It's a bit blander
Yes it's extremely bland, I even skipped some parts.
>>
Is there any book similar to Traytor Baru Commorant? Something with smart, gritty story with a little bit of yuri to make it sweeter?
>>
>>1900636
I'm also searching for these. Even if the author is bad, it's at least predictable in that there is at most one 'fallout' that happens.

No one?
>>
>>1903289
How was that one? Should I even attempt it if I prefer the sweeter side of literature?
Any rape, pointless het marriages or stuff like that?
>>
>>1903282
The characters didn't have much chemistry, did they? At least, I didn't read the scenes between them as sexuality-charged, even when the characters claimed they were.
>>
>>1903379
Yes they kept mentioning this blazing hot chemistry between the characters that I didn't notice. And I didn't believe they loved each other, when they said I love you I was a little surprised
>>
>>1889588
>>1889840
I finally got the chance to read this and you guys weren't kidding about that part, really changed how I felt about the book in its entirety. It was so last minute and unnecessary to me. The book was enjoyable up until that point, I'll probably just skim (or skip) those parts in my future reread because I like the characters so much and I do like her writing.

>>1903282
>>1903379
>>1903490
That's a shame. I was actually going to skip on over to this book because the second couple didn't really interest me.

Out of the three couples, which did you guys enjoy more?
>>
>>1904263
>Out of the three couples, which did you guys enjoy more?
Kiss the Girl was the best book despite the flaw we already discussed. I thought I'd like Just Three Words more than I did--especially because it tickles the friends-to-lovers trope I love so much. As far as couples go, Sam and Hunter are my favorite couple; Kiss the Girl was my favorite book. (If that makes sense.) I liked them both (book and couple) significantly more than Ready or Not.
>>
>>1904263
>>1904438
Ready or Not contains some crap, they begin with hating each other and mallery catching her dad cheating with his secretary, Hope having drug addict twin and other family drama,
one moment they don't even wan't see each others faces next moment they are saying I love You's.
Reading some parts will make you feel like you are reading some fake fairy written for 10 year old kid.
>>
>>1903289

Django Wexler's The Shadow Campaign series, it's currently on book 3.

Several main characters with their own PoV, one of them is a lesbian.
>>
Someone needs to create a new thread, the thread has reached bump limit.
>>
Was just about to say that.
>>
>>1904604
Not that anon but the romance was bothersome for me. Like, her love interest(s) are meh and she herself is sort of annoying in her incompetence.
>>
File: eBPnfIe.gif (396KB, 350x434px) Image search: [Google]
eBPnfIe.gif
396KB, 350x434px
>>1904608
>>1904610
>bump limit
Please, anons, you make me laugh.
>>
Kiss the Girl was the best to me, their chemistry and love was believable, the reader actually got to see that. And there was visible progression in their relationships. The only problem was the weird break up
>>
Is Barbara Ann Wright's latest book Thrall a polyamorous story? Because I can't with that stuff, especially as it seems to be between 4 characters, 3 I can maybe tolerate not 4.
>>
Read Under the Midnight Cloak by S.Y. Thompson. The similarities to McKnight's Garoul series and Jae's Shapeshifter series was a little uncanny but lacked the refinement or emotional depth they have. If anyone needs more shapeshifters this wouldn't be a terrible choice, but I think I'd prefer simply re-reading one of the books that clearly served as inspiration for this one. There is also a direct sequel Under the Devil's Snare that follows the same couple, but I haven't decided if I'm interested enough in reading more of this. Has anyone else read it yet?
>>
>>1904660
Kiss the girl was best in series so far have not read Ready or Not.
Heart Block is my fav
>>
>>1904438
>Just Three Words
After hearing about this I'm considering skipping the 2nd book and going for the 3rd, does Hunter and Sam's inevitable last-minute breakup involve Hunter going back to sleeping with a different girl every day? If so I doubt I'd ever be able to stomach this book
>>
>>1905006
>spoiler question
Not at all. No infidelity. It's a misunderstanding that Sam actually--like an adult--clears up immediately.
>>
>>1873439
>Dead Kitties Don't Purr
Do you have this? It looks like the author took it down at amazon.
>>
>>1898246
>Happy lesbian YA
>With no fake drama he said she said bullshit

Fucking finally!
>>
/u/, what are some good recommendations for comedic romances, preferably with little drama? I'm working my way through Robin Alexander's books to the point that I may even have to begin buying them because some aren't ripped on the web. Any other authors I should be looking into?

Also I'm slowly working my way through the Micky Knight series and it's pretty good if you want mysteries + lesbians. I'm reading the fifth book and it seems to be the weakest, especially since the main couple have cheating drama, but I'd certainly recommend 1-4.
>>
>>1905494
http://www67.zippyshare.com/v/KtqyDsVM/file.html
>>
>>1905662
Robin Alexander essentially has a patent on pure comedy in lesfic, but I find most books tend to have some amount of humor in them when the story has minimal relationship drama: Garoul series by Gill McKnight (2 is funniest), Midnight in Orlando by Amy Dawson Robertson, Promises Promises by LJ Baker, Icehole and Engravings of Wraith and Fractured Tapestries by Kiera Dellacroix, Divine Touched by Cassandra Duffy, Departure from the Script and Under a Falling Star and Something in the Wine by Jae. For YA, there's That Witch! and Finding Ashlynn By Zoe Lynn, Our Demented Playdate by Kat Fletcher

Also, that absolutely sucks about Micky Knight 5 I despise cheating plots. That is the reason why longer book series always scare me off, I never know if a development like that will show up and ruin the good thing it had going.

>>1905756
Thanks!
>>
Anybody read "The Benevolence Tales" series by Elora Bishop?

And does anyone have the Volume 1 release with the extra stories?
>>
>>1905808
>The Benevolence Tales

I googled it and holy shit that anime cover. I don't think I want to touch it.
>>
>>1905842
Lesfic almost always has terrible covers, but they're no reason not to read a book.
>>
>>1904901
Has Jae come out with anything new/interesting, recently? loved everything I've read from her so far.
>>
>>1906134
Jae's 3rd book "Just Physical" in the Hollywood series is supposed to be out in December I think. I haven't read the 2nd book yet but I really like the 1st. What always stands out about her books are the great characters with honorable morals, it is nice to read about a character who I can look up.
>>
anyone wan't Ready Or Not?
>>
>>1906363
I want Ready or Not.
>>
>>1906363
I want it too.

>>1906156
The 2nd book was great, I'm really looking forward the 3rd because the MC is the best friend of the couple from the 2nd book. She was a great character and deserves some love.
>>
>>1906664
>>1906156
Anyone have the 2.5 story Dress-Tease?
>>
>>1906664
>MC is the best friend of the couple from the 2nd book
I always love when series contain this kind of thing.
>>
>>1873439
>Dead Kitties Don't Purr by Amber Green
Surprisingly the plot was more exciting than the romance. A zombie epidemic that occurs slowly throughout the country so the protagonist knows what to expect was a nice twist from the usual outbreak setup. A story like this could have easily been much longer, more buildup and more existing in the mayhem would have been great, but it was still a fun ride.

Disappointing that this author only seems to write gay male erotica though, I wonder what made her write this.
>>
Hey /u/, I could use some pointers.

So I'm participating in NaNoWriMo. I'm more of a /tg/ guy, so my story is a medieval fantasy type thing, with dragons and magic and stuff, but I'm part of the way through chapter two and I've realized that my two main characters, both female, would make a decent couple, and that it would add to the story rather than take away from it. I'm not super confident in my ability to pull it off without it seeming forced or lackluster, and since you guys are all about this kind of thing, I figured this would be a good place to ask if anyone would be willing to help, even if it's just general advice.
>>
>>1906906
The basics of any romance apply. They are two people who have their own personalities, so how would they each react to someone they are attracted to?

Their attraction should build believably even if they are enamored with each other at first sigh. Throwing two people together quickly with fiery passion is going to come off as erotica or flimsy romance unless there is emotion to back it up. Show their feelings more than tell them, the reader should see how the character feels or is clued in to what they think depending on how you chose to narrate the story. Physical contact is an easy way to add chemistry, small touches that linger, glances where they meet each other's eyes, or strong hands supporting on the small of the back, arms wrapping around their waist to hoist her from danger; whatever it is it should make it clear somehow that the contact is appreciated by one or both.

At some point the tension breaks and one or both act on their feeling, admit their feelings, or whatever you want to have as their first move towards being a couple. If the story focuses on any problems in their relationship it would be appreciated to see them work it out by talking instead of hand-waving it away with proclamations of love and hot sex, but that's up to you.

It should go without saying, but just in case: no rape.
>>
>>1906906
tell us something about your characters, brah.
>>
>>1906906
honestly, I think the fanfiction thread is probably a better place to ask. this thread is more about recommending & reviewing books, the fiction thread at least has some people who write their own stuff.
>>
>>1906949
There's a fanfiction thread? I didn't spot it.

>>1906943
The main character and vehicle for the plot is Nylian, a student at the all-boys mage academy who is crossdressing to attend because it's the only one she could afford. She's the calculating intellectual type, but she's easily flustered and worries about people seeing through her disguise so she acts shy and tries to keep a low profile.

Kotijah, a barbarian from the west who almost falls on top of Nylian after crashing into a wall. She's brash, straightforward and doesn't really see magic as real strength. When they first meet Kotijah sees her as just a weak boy relying on magic rather than his own strength, and spends her time teasing and picking on Nylian, flirting from time to time to be a pest.

When the facade invariably falls away after they form a friendship, Kotijah doesn't really care about Nylian's actual gender, and is more upset that Nylian felt like she had to hide who she was, that her desire to study magic got in the way of being herself. From there their relationship develops into a sort of friendly rivalry, magic against muscle, before ending up taking a romantic turn towards the end of the book. At least, that's my plan. But I worry about the execution.
>>
>>1906962
sounds like this is something Kotijah would have to initiate. From the description, Nylian appears to be entirely too shy and concerned about what others might think of her to just go from friendly rivalry to a romantic relationship.
also, not that it matters, but how would the world around them react to a relationship between two women? Is ist seen as a normal thing? Or would people be weirded out by it?
>>
>>1907029
People would be weirded out by it, I think. Nylian would stay disguised, it's not like people would find out that it's two women together, but if the story continues it'll add tension to Nylian keeping her disguise going.

As for Kotijah initiating it, that makes sense to me. I'm pretty sure at this point that Nylian is bisexual, but all the boys at her school are idiots or jerks so she doesn't give them the time of day even if she were to find them attractive. She wouldn't initiate things with Kotijah because "I'm straight, there's no way I'd be interested in her, that would be improper, even if I think about her that way sometimes". Then when Kotijah starts getting affectionate it leaves Nylian confused and questioning things, which can add some cuteness and levity to their quest through monster-infested wilderness to find and defeat a dragon.
>>
>>1906962
>>1907033
That reminds me of lyremouth chronicles. The main characcter is an amazon that gets vanished from her land because she's gay and the love interest is a sorceress.
>>
>>1906505
>>1906664
M.e.l.i.s.s.a. B.r.a.y.d.e.n - R.e.a.d.y O.r N.o.t

http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/ySc5081B/file.html

(Pre.sc.ri.pti.on f.or .Lov.e and Th.e Pr.i.ncess. an.d th.e Pr.ix coming in a day)
>>
>>1907086
Perhaps I should read it for inspiration then, or at least to see what it did right. Would you recommend it, or were you just remarking that it exists?
>>
>>1907086
I was debating on whether or not to read it. Any warnings about that? Like cheating/rape/torture/others? I saw the description of the 4th book and read a few non-spoilery reviews saying that the end was kinda shitty.
>>
>>1907125
thank you kind anon.
>>
>>1905756
That was pretty good. A bit more worldbuilding would have been nice, but it was a pretty good read.
>>
Robin Alexander has a new book out, Rusty Logic. I'll let you know how it is when I finish (probably later today).
>>
If you loved our demented play date you would probably love this one:

http://www92.zippyshare.com/v/hrZRigCl/file.html

The book is quite good, but it's just... too long.
>>
>>1907534
Thanks. I'm not a fan of love triangles but I'll give this a shot anyway.
>>
>>1907280
>>1907339
I've only read the first book but I consider it a very good adventure book with lesbian romance.
There was no cheating/rape/torture/others as far as I remember.
There was a plot twist towards the end about the amazon/barbarian girl that was really interesting.
She suffered of tunnel vision her whole life so that's why she couldn't fight as well as the other amazonians
>>
>>1907694
First book is down, now what about the other three?
>>
>>1907339

well, there's one part in one of the later books where both the main characters visit a certain kingdom and have to navigate their way through a lot of intrigues, and people just trying to fuck each other over in any way they can. At one point one of the royal advisors or some such attempts to go all Bill Cosby on the amazon girl with a love potion, to steal her away from the sorceress. But it fails, and the sorceress almost rips the guy to shreds for it.

Other than that, the book was actually a bit...well, not dull, but...
Most of it didn't really feel like the characters were really being challenged to the full amount of their abilities. Like the author was scared to let them out of her own comfort zone.

It kept up the same rythm of "protagonists face a problem - protagonists solve the problem", the fact that magic users in that world didn't seem to have any limits to their power didn't help keeping up any illusion that the main characters would ever face an obstacle that seemed too big to overcome.
>>
>>1907534
Very saccharine with very long, unrealistic dialogue for professing undying love. I see what you mean about it being too long.
>>
>>1907475
It's good. Classic Robin Alexander. The transition from buddies to lovers was a bit jarring, but it kind of fits the characters.
>>
>>1907125
Thanks a lot anon, I'll read it
>>
File: download.jpg (9KB, 257x196px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 257x196px
>>1907125
>Pre.sc.ri.pti.on f.or .Lov.e and Th.e Pr.i.ncess. an.d th.e Pr.ix

Please.
>>
Been reading the Lex & Amanda series by Carrie Carr. On book 2 at the moment and if it keeps this quality then this must be the longest happy series there is. The 9th book just came out in 2014 and has good reviews so I'm hopeful it is still doing everything right. I'm really excited to see such a long series with a hopefully no-bs cuddly happy couple.
>>
Time for a new thread?
>>
>>1909395
New thread since we're near the edge of page 10. >>1909415
Thread posts: 363
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.