[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pitch me a show

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 11

File: CEO.jpg (50KB, 600x577px) Image search: [Google]
CEO.jpg
50KB, 600x577px
Pitch me a show
>>
>>87851422
A couple of friends are living in NYC and we are watching their day to day lives and how they navigate their professional and social sides.
>>
A couple of friends are living in NYC and we are watching their day to day lives and how they navigate their professional and social sides.

One of the friends is compulsive murderer who enjoys hiding body parts in just out of sight areas, wacky hi-jinks and shenanigans ensue.
>>
>>87851422
Its a show about a guy pitching tv shows, each episode is the pilot for that show
>>
>>87851422
A better call saul sequel. One where saul has to deal with stupid criminal clients and their egos.
>>
>>87851422
Two families, from completely different cultures and countries. One member of each family has to go live with the other family. Like an indian guy living with a japanese family, and vice versa.
>>

One of the friends is compulsive murderer who enjoys hiding body parts in just out of sight areas, wacky hi-jinks and shenanigans ensue.

His roommate becomes worried about his friend's odd behavior and starts investigating. This is the beginning of a journey through violence and treachery and the trurth he discovers will shock you.
>>
>>87851876
Better yet,every show he pitches is a variation of a show about a guy pitching tv shows with each episode is the pilot for that show
>>
It's a show about nothing.
>>
10 dads
>>
It's a business renovation show like no other.

Two contestants. One; a party animal who likes loose women. The other; a down-to-earth farmhand, just looking to provide supplies to his community for a reasonable living.

We perform a hostile takeover on the first contestants "Suck and Fuck" establishment; transforming it overnight into a farming supplies store - and see what happens!
>>
>>87851422
Blah blah blah, The Aristocrats.
>>
>>87851422
Dolph Lundgren plays a superpowered detective who smells crime.
He's out busting heads.
Then he goes his the lab for some SHOWN full penetration.
He smells crime.
Back to the lab, full penetration.
Crime, penetration, crime, full penetration, crime, penetration.
And this goes on and on and back and forth for 90 or so minutes until the movie just sort of ends.
>>
File: IMG_1476.jpg (27KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1476.jpg
27KB, 400x300px
It's a show where you invite three comedians, famous or otherwise, to do about ten minutes of material.
During each set, three live studio audience members get a paintball gun.
People at home vote on whether it's funny or not. If the unfunny votes reach a certain threshold, then it's open season mid-set. Everybody wins.
>>
>>87852107
that's champagne
>>
File: 2324242.jpg (47KB, 750x450px) Image search: [Google]
2324242.jpg
47KB, 750x450px
>>87851422
My idea for a show is this: NOTHING.
>>
A white detective with tourettes solving crimes in a black area
>>
File: you keep talking.gif (2MB, 245x300px) Image search: [Google]
you keep talking.gif
2MB, 245x300px
>>87852004
>>
three seasons, 11 episodes each, anthology; each season adapting one of the movies from Solima's socio-political spaghetti western trilogy. Find me a composer whose willing to mutilate Morricone's scores while also reusing in pure form some of the themes.

A surprise fourth season offers a more coherent adaptation of The Searchers because I'd love to shit on that legacy.

After that I don't care what each season is and the network can do whatever.
>>
>>87852227
You can tell because the bubbles are suspending the liquid in midair.
>>
>>87851422
10 chefs make dishes and get eliminated one by one until they find the best chef
>>
Miniseries about a random mass shooting like the one in Aurora, set in a small town. The very first scene is the shooting. The rest of the show is a series of short stories about people in the town connected to the shooting, all centered around the news-media shitstorm investigating why the killer did it.

- One episode centers on the mother of one of the victims, going through funeral preparations and playing host for all of her extended family who've flown into town for the funeral. She's repeatedly interrupted by reporters calling her and coming to her door, asking the same questions over and over about her son. She's polite at first but gets more stressed and annoyed as the episode goes on. She finally loses it on a pair of gun-control activists trying to badger her into speaking about her son at one of their public events, who refuse to take "no" for an answer and try to tell her she's complicit if she won't join them.

- One episode centers on a girl who works at the coffee shop where the shooting took place, and witnessed the whole thing. Reporters discover that the shooter asked her out and got rejected harshly, and publish the theory that he might've done the whole thing out of obsession for this girl. For the rest of the episode she's repeatedly harassed and punished by people looking for someone to blame for the whole thing, as it MIGHT not have happened if she'd been nicer to the guy.

- One episode centers on the reporters coming together to pool their research and build a profile of the killer. Episode is basically a fast-paced, compressed biography of a total loser whacked out on antidepressants, cut with the reporters giving their personal theories & agendas of why he might've done it, and what they hope to accomplish by telling his story. They find a written manifesto, similar to Elliot Rodgers, on his computer. After some debate, they publish it.
>>
>>87851422
I would but I'm working on the book and don't want you stealing my idea
>>
>>87851422
A coming-of-age teen drama with Lovecraftian undertones
>>
>>87852864
- One episode returns to the scene of the shooting, just in time to see the shooter kill himself as the cops arrive. The episode follows his dead body from the crime scene, through autopsy, to the funeral home where he's preserved and reconstructed, through his funeral which is mostly unattended except by protestors and his parents. The killer's body is disrespected at every step by the people who handle him and work on him. After the funeral, the focus shifts to the parents of the killer, who are divorced and haven't spent time together in a few years. They spend an evening together at the father's house, get drunk, and talk about their son trying to figure out where they went wrong, or where they should've seen the signs. They can't think of anything, they supported him and tried to encourage him to do whatever he wanted with his life. At the end of the night, drunk, the father puts his arm around the mother and tries to pull her in close in some attempt to reconnect physically. She pulls away, tells him she never wants to see him again, and leaves.

- In the end, after a few weeks, there's another random shooting a few states away, and the reporters all gear up to leave town to cover that shooting. The new killer directly quotes the manifesto written by the first killer, seemingly inspired by what he did. The episode turns into a montage of TV news coverage of both shootings, panel shows of pundits giving opinions on them, trying to contextualize the murders to fit their own agendas, online videos from conspiracy theorists, online comments on all of the above, cutting faster and faster until it's all just a blur.
>>
i pitched this to Adult Swim and they rejected it

https://youtu.be/YFkDEVn7Mwg
>>
Boy Meets World meets Breaking Bad

We follow a teenage boy with no father going through highschool, his mentor/father figure is his teacher and also next door neighbor who he regularly speaks to for advice. His neighbor begins getting involved in petty street crime, and eventually organized crime as he spirals downwards. The highschool kid notices him getting progressively darker and tries to find out whats going on with him. The kid pieces it together, putting aside his school and social life, and progressively getting more disillusioned with the concept of family, morals, rules, and life in generally
>>
>>87851422
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3grilBMXiM
>>
>>87853192
This type of shit (no offense) is what I see late at night, fucked out of my mind, on stream chat sites.
>>
>>87853145
This could range from kino if done by HBO or shit if done by CW
>>
Rebirth of fanatical Christianity in a post nuclear apocalypse world. The concept would be a group of crusaders traveling from South east USA to Israel.
>>
>>87851422
It's a show about Trump.
>>
>>87851422
a horror series focusing on queer people of color where the villain of the show is a lovecraftian white heterosexual christian male
>>
>>87851422
Picture Xavier Renegade Angel.
Now instead, it's Shrek.
No puns, just Shrek raping people.
>>
>>87851422
its berserk set in a distopic current day chicago gang lands
Guts is a young black lad working for a gang their charismatic leader Lil Griffin' is quickly taking over all of Chicago
Theres a love triangle between Guts lil Griffin and Casca
Some supernatural shit for the Stranger Things audience and enough progressive sexiness for the GOT crowd
what do you think?
>>
Memes memes memes
>>
>>87853729
>>
>>87851876
I would unironically watch this and then get upset at the amount of cool premises that they never revisited
>>
Top Gear (the good one) but they review drugs. With special episodes and challenges in foreign countries, like snorting coke next to Duterte or passing drugs up their ass through a Thai airport.
>>
>>87852864
>>87853159
While obviously not identical in story, that exact premise was the basis for a channel 4 miniseries called Southcliffe
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southcliffe

It's one of the best tv shows I've ever seen in every aspect. Shame it doesn't get mentioned more
>>
>>87854631
Damn I thought it hadn't been done yet. Obviously not an original idea since mass shootings happen all the time, but not a show about the media circus making the killer famous
>>
>>87853192
It would be cool if they played these shorts at the end of other shows. Then you could focus on dropping a meme every short and keeping them he swagger level up. Hard to do that for 15min but 2min is doable.
>>
>>87853581
Could be cool
>>
>>87852252
also idris elba plays the main white character
>>
/tv/ has no good ideas. Y'all can criticize everything but you can't make shit, no surprise
>>
>>87856610
>Giving away free ideas to the kikes
Good one
>>
>>87856738
>implying you have any to give away
>>
File: 1420558217044.jpg (17KB, 300x265px) Image search: [Google]
1420558217044.jpg
17KB, 300x265px
>>87856768
Can he do that....
>>
>>87851422
It's a show about a truckstop strip club and the interpersonal dramas that occur there. In the fourth episode every stripper at the club becomes pregnant after a mysterious stranger dies in the bathroom leaving behind an old book. One of the expectant mothers dies trying to get an abortion, the abortion doctor is quite shocked by something but refuses to speak with anyone from the club. The book is written in a strange language and the strippers begin reaching out to people to try to figure out what's happening to them with the help of the drunken town sheriff. A Catholic exorcist, an evangelical television personality, doctors, a brainy grad school dropout that hangs out around the club. As the pregnancies develop further the mothers begin having strange visions, catching glimpses of shadowy things out the corners of their eyes and develop powers.

They find a lead on the mysterious stranger's identity by the end of the first season.
>>
>>87857278
Ultrasounds give weird, indecipherable images. A Fox Moulder-esque tabloid writer comes to town and is on the case, he has ties and a romantic history with a cable news host who doesn't believe him. Episodes mostly revolve around the sheriff and the girls chasing down spooky leads they get from people and dealing with weird supernatural things that happen.
>>
>>87857278
>>87857614
Sounds interesting. could be really good if you conclude the story in 1 or 2 seasons, I don't think you could drag it out much further than that.
>>
>>87857614
>>87857278
You are asking for Lovecraftian (You)s isn't?
>>
A kkk member and black panther member are forced to be roommates. Haliarty ensues.
>>
File: kge6Fd1[1].gif (415KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
kge6Fd1[1].gif
415KB, 500x375px
>>87857748
Yeah, it would start to suck if it just turned into a bunch of red herrings and endless mystery. Miniseries with an ending would be best.
>>87857782
I'm not, I just like supernatural mystery stuff and seedy low rent stuff and my favorite show like that went off the rails like five years ago. ;_;
>>
>>87851422
It's like tinder, but for people who want to fight.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=607j7e-Z94U

Make this
>>
Oven Fresh
It's a sitcom about the lives of 5 holocaust survivors win West Berlin after the end of WW2 as they try to navigate their personal and professional lives.
>>
>>87858712
Shit, that's a great idea
Literally a way to make a television version of Fight Club

3 plotlines
>the founder of the app, an extremely charismatic former mma fighter with hidden motivations
>a young insecure guy who ends up dominating in early street fights against local punks
>the hard boiled female detective who's investigating the app trying to shut it down

>season ends with young guy running his mouth after meeting creator, so creator rigs his profile so that the kid fights an actual fighter instead of a random punk and gets his ass handed to him
>feeling frustrated and insecure again, he confesses everything to the detective who's been trying to coax information out of him for a few episodes

I dunno, how I would do it anyway
>>
>>87851422
It's like *popular show* meets *popular show*. And it's called *pun that involves the main characters name or occupation*
>>
>>87852004
t. Charlie Kaufman
>>
>>87851422
The daily struggles of a white successful man who has no friends and nobody close to him

He lives a neurotic life and is looking for purpose anywhere he can find it
>>
>>87851422

Ok based on my life story, everytime a guy gets really mad some world disaster happens later on or the next day so he has to meditate to stay calm
>>
File: 1505003812615.jpg (23KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1505003812615.jpg
23KB, 612x612px
>>87859615
>Not getting the reference
>>
>>87851422
set in berlin
it's a sitcom about roommates and their friends, kinda like FRIENDS but darker humor and no laugh track, instead of the guys hanging out in a coffe house or bar, they hang out in their flat. The more mature character works as an engineer, the other ones work bs jobs, and there's a token aspiring DJ guy who somehow gets laid constantly.One of the friends does a lot of drugs, the one female lead is a not very attractive lesbian who is in a relationship, so she never hooks up with the rest of the lead characters, and she isn't the love interest of any of the main characters either. The show is about the characters trying to become proper adults, dealing with less new yorkey kind of problems and experiences. Realising being a millenial doesn't really work and you have to sell out and life isn't as great as you think. (peep show style)
Also for good meassure make it R rated and throw all the cursing and nudity that could be necesary for a realistic portrayal of life in the city.
>>
>>87851422

A 13 year old boy has to maintain an erection for 48 hours or his family is brutally murdered. Plot twist, it's penis inspection week and he gets called up to do math problems in front of the whole class with a raging boy boner.
>>
>>87852004
t. Italo Calvino
>>
>>87851422
A reality show following the exploits of the people who investigate various confiscated and repossessed electronic devices from convicted criminals.

>Yfw it's an "Earl gets bored after looking through 5 computers filled with nothing, but then finds 32 gigabytes of auto-documented rape videos of the missing Tallusa girl in the laptop of a convicted shoplifter who was imprisoned for a drug misdemeanor and who is now currently undergoing sentencing for the alleged crimes found in his laptop as of the airing of the episode"

My favorite episode was probably when Earl collapses suddenly during an auction for a serial-killer's iPhone, and it turns out all the stress from seeing all these disturbing photos and videos caused him to develop sores in his stomach. You think he'll be okay, anons? ;_;

>Yfw the rapist guy from episode 1 got arrested twice during the first season and in a ridiculous coincidence, happened to find himself living just next to Earl's apartment complex in the second season
>>
>>87858712
Unironically great business idea. I would literally, LIT-ER-ALL-Y, pay good money to see this app g on the public market. No memes, no nothing. I'm urging you, right now, to go make this fucking app and turn it into a real thing. If you don't, you're an absolute fucking idiot and I'm going to steal it from you and laugh all the way to the fucking bank. I'll give you 6 months before I do.
>>
Kid Detective.
He's your standard LA Detective, but he has that Andy Milonakis disease where he looks like a kid forever.

We can even go bold and have his love intersted be a MILF in her 40s
>>
>>87857278
OP can I steal this to write some teleplays? I'll post them on /tv/ if you want
>>
a man sprawled across the barren deserted and white wastes of a fog ridden beach becomes increasingly concerned as people seem to evaporate and re-appear from existence, plucked by malevolent shadowed tendrils

vague snippets display the man and perhaps even some of the other characters debating fiercely, trying to reason and evaluate the situation before they come up with a solution to their predicament

a common factor, between them, only manifests itself as two of the characters find themselves back in regular reality in a relatively mundane scene

of course there would be an expected dissonance experienced by the characters from this transferal, it however, does not occur, they find themselves ready and willing to approach the situation they are in despite it's overall jarring nature, if still at least hazily aware of the absurdity of it

this common factor is later surmised to be some person, perhaps an important character the show will follow, interspersed in scenes, perhaps not, instead being a person for the viewers to take note of as the series progresses

this character is the key, the fundamental thing keeping them bound to the "reality" they are more familiar with, when it loses awareness of them or breaches a certain distance, they cease to exist and return to the fogged beach.

The beached characters debate frenzied as to the nature of the situation, some great cosmic glitch has occurred, arguments over godhood, afterlifes etc, and eventually, the key character's significance, and why the beach seems to revolve around him, the linchpin occasionally returning them, and on other occasions, new characters to the beach

Being a constant creative input to the direction and script of a show or movie, under the iron grips of publishers and other writers thought processes must be pretty frustrating though, still, writing half mangled lines for eight season sitcom characters can't be good for the soul.
>>
Something like "The Truman Show" except it takes place in the real world rather than a giant set, and the guy is 100% aware that he's being filmed, watched, and commented on, even though he doesn't like it and didn't consent to it. It's perfectly legal in the near-future context of the film, lots of people broadcast their lives like this, basically just social media taken to the next step. It's just that his broadcast is inexplicably popular. He's just kind of a clumsy, doofy loser and people like to laugh at him and feel better about themselves by watching him.

He's learned his lesson long ago that it's pointless to protest or fight them, so he's basically just trying to live his life under constant observation from a massive audience, commenting on every little fuck-up and private moment he has. Trying to form relationships as an unwilling "celebrity" whose past is a complete open book and public record
>>
A story about a man name chuck, his rise to fame as a successful entrepreneur and his fall as he is betrayed and cucked out of his franchises by his friend Sneed.
The second season: Chuck is back with a vengeance
>>
File: sneed posting.png (2MB, 3834x1726px) Image search: [Google]
sneed posting.png
2MB, 3834x1726px
>>87862403

Fuck off
>>
>>87857278
>Expecting a bunch of women to carry a show like this
>>
Keeping up with the Kavorkians
It's a reality show about suicide doctors and the funny reasons why people want to off themselves.
>>
>>87851422
Romance of the Three Kingdoms set in crime-ridden 1980s-1990s. Each kingdom is it's own ethnic gang trying to take over L.A. from the power vacuum caused by the end of the Italian mafia/Han (very inaccurate). Kinda like Oz or the Wire. Shu would be the Crips/African American gang. Wu would be Triads, and the Wei would be White Supremacists/ Biker gang. Story would start at the coalition against Dong Zhuo which allows for most of the back story to be interwoven throughout the series. Cao Cao would be the new leader of the white supremacy whose main goal is power/money not racial purity. Him employing other ethnicities allows for the audience to like him. Yuan Shao could be a splinter group that disproves of this. Liu Bei would start out as a local street gang from Compton trying protect his people. Zhuge Liang would be a nerd who sees the goodness in Liu Bei. Sun Quan's story is basically the same forced into power because of father's & brother's death and trying to establish his family's name. Lu Bu being Tony fuckin' Montana. The story just writes itself aside the short timescale and maybe have the police be the Emperor.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.