[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone feel the hype for this. I don't at all. Idk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9

File: sw-the-last-jedi-tall-B.jpg (115KB, 1536x864px) Image search: [Google]
sw-the-last-jedi-tall-B.jpg
115KB, 1536x864px
Does anyone feel the hype for this. I don't at all.
Idk something about this feels suspicious yet I can't quite put my finger on it.
>>
File: mark-wahlberg-0010.jpg (18KB, 240x396px) Image search: [Google]
mark-wahlberg-0010.jpg
18KB, 240x396px
>>87834436
IT'S THE SJW GLOBALIST FEMINIST ILLUMINATI AGENDA YOU SICK NUMALE BETA KEK KATHLEEN FLAP FONDLING FAGGOT
>>
>>87834436
Even the normies I know aren't hyped for it, these are people that see every single marvel movie in cinemas opening day, and they say they don't really care about Star Wars anymore. Disney have fucked up bad.
>>
I haven't felt hype for any of disney's trash
>>
>>87834436
Rogue One was better than TFA y/n
>>
The setup from episode 7 is shit and the rumors seem bad
>>
>>87834548
>IT'S THE SJW GLOBALIST FEMINIST ILLUMINATI AGENDA

I'd be the first to support such an agenda and even I find it hard to be excited for Last Jedi.

Rogue One was just such an utterly dull movie...
>>
>>87834436
Because nobody really cares about jin, finn and kyle ren
>>
>>87834548
this but unironically
>>
>>87834436
I can watch the Empire Strikes Back right now, at it would be the same move.
>>
Who would be after the uninspired schlock that was TFA.
>>
>>87836166
>>87834548
+
>>
it's the worst movie ever made
>>
>>87836194
This. Since they're remaking the original trilogy and nothing more, what's the point in getting excited. I'm still going to give them a fraction of the pizza money my mom gives me and see it in theaters, but after TFA aging poorly in only a year and half, the expectations are a bit lower for this one.

But perhaps Disney is trying to lower expectations and holding off on marketing.
>>
I'm really looking forward to it, but in a kind of way where I'm going to see it at the cinemas after it's been out for 3 weeks, in a half-empty cinema, and will pick up the blu-ray when it's closer to $10 than the $30 release price. It's something I will buy - a ticket for, and a blu-ray of. Of that there is no doubt. So I am hyped in that way. But not in the way you probably mean.
>>
its going to be fucking amazing

don't believe the ant-shills
>>
>>87834436
I'm gonna see it either way so hopefully I stay this unexcited cause then I may actually be pleasantly surprised.
>>
>>87834436
I don't care. Most of the appeal of the first trilogy was Ford, Fisher, and Hamill, and the chemistry those three had. The cast of the new movies? Don't care. There's no chemistry, no charisma, and not enough backstory to make me care. The only reason I watched it was for Ford/Fisher, and now that Carrie is dead, I'm even less interested. The new cast are dull, lifeless, and offer nothing to draw an audience in. Even the bad guy, a part a good actor could have a field day with, is that dullard from Girls, and he brought nothing to the table - which is a sin, considering who came before him. The only time the movie gets interesting is when the old characters are there, or mentioned, like that part when Chewbacca is mentioned in the club. But we don't get any backstory, on how she knows him. It's just a bad movie - but JJ doesn't shoot good movies, he makes loud, ADHD action sequence with lens flare movies. Lucas may be flawed, but he tried to be a story teller. JJ didn't even try.

That's the most I'll ever write about Star Wars. The whole thing ended for me with ROTJ.
>>
>>87836130
>>
Here's a question: did Rogue One tank the hype for Episode 8? The OT and prequels didn't have JV movies in between them.
>>
>>87834548
Just a coincidence.
>>
>>87834548
>false flagging this hard
Kek, you are pathetic reddit
>>
>>87836776
Yes. 7 had huge hype. Rogue 1 had okay hype and people generally liked it. This one has a "Oh they are making another so soon? Ill see it" behind it. Han solo has negative hype. This time 2 years ago i would be see episosde 7 shit all over my fb and i remember the force friday jew merchandise push was a lot more successful .(also i work somewhere related to star wars and our numbers have dropped big time)
>>
>>87836908
The question is did the exact same thing happen for the prequels. I remember being super stoked for every new entry as a kid and wanting to know exactly what was gonna happen in the film, but only really remember "hype" for Episode I.
>>
>>87836908
>>87837045
Yeah hype dies pretty quickly when they announce a new movie every single year. It gets old fast, especially since every movie is just showing us thing we have already seen before
Disney are safe though, if anything goes wrong they just blame 'sexism' and they are set
>>
>>87836130
No
While The Force Awakens felt like a retread of the original movie, Rogue One felt like it was shiting all over it, in conclusion, 0 bothans died, fuck this shit
>>
>>87836593
Sorry I have to be the first one to reply. This is a woke post, I agree 100%
>>
>>87834436
The only thing suspicious here is that you've been making this exact thread for many months now, and it is obvious you're not even a fan of star wars and are only doing it to bitch about the movies. Do you have brain damage?
>>
>>87834436
Memes aside, people don't seriously think RotS is better than TFA, right?
>>
On one hand JJ Abrams isn't involved but on the other, the mouse is still the mouse. I'm not expecting much but I think it will be better than TFA and most likely the best of the new trilogy ala Empire.
>>
>>87837961
From a technical standpoint TFA is a better made movie but at least RotS isn't boring.
>>
>>87834436
I haven't even felt the hype when TFA was coming out and nothing I've seen so far made me change my mind.
>>
>>87838064
I don't know if unintentionally cringy makes RotS a net positive, but alright.
>>
>>87838064
I don't think it's fair to compare any film to the meme bonzanza that is RotS though
>>
>>87838209
The movie is bad but at least it's memorable. I have the high ground, noooooo, etc. The Force Awakens was forgettable.
>>
>>87838247
>>87838064
By this logic, films like Sharknado are the best of all time.

Incidentally the final duel in TFA was more exciting than any of the duels in RotS.
>>
>>87836130
This tbqh
>>
>>87836312
>TFA aging poorly
It was always garbage
>>
>>87836130
not even a question. At least R1 fucking tried something different. The fact that it was actually a decent SW movie was just a bonus when compared to the regurgitated abomination that TFA was
>>
>>87838432
I didn't say it makes RotS good, I said that it makes it more entertaining that TFA. Also the final duel in TFA stops having any tension the moment Finn gets knocked out. Not only is Kylo hurt but we also learn that Rey is more powerful than him during the interrogation scene. In fact I'd even go as far as to say that it ruins the death of Han because it doesn't leave enough time for the audience to take in the gravity on the siltation, instead almost immediately we are getting thrown into an action sequence.
>>
We're all going to see it 4 or 5 time, who are we kidding
>>
File: Bothan_Spy.png (59KB, 133x372px) Image search: [Google]
Bothan_Spy.png
59KB, 133x372px
>>87837137
>he thinks bothans died for the first death star plans
M8, that line was in Jedi and was refferring to the Second Death Star not the one in Rouge 1.
Get your fucking goat men in space lore right faggot
>>
>>87837137
The bothans died in the third one you mongoloid. It changed nothing.
>>
>>87838432
>Incidentally the final duel in TFA was more exciting than any of the duels in RotS.
objectively false
>>
>>87834436
It's like a repeat of the Prequels. The first movie (TFA) was hyped because it was the first new SW movie in a long time, but it sucked so much that when the second movie came along (TLJ) people either stopped caring or will only go watch it out of some sense of loyalty to the brand.
>>
Well these guys want to do something about 9 at least. Could be a laugh if it makes news.
www.change.org/p/kathleen-kennedy-lucasfilm-remove-j-j-abrams-as-director-of-star-wars-episode-ix

But the bulk 7 and 8 show that they have no idea what the plot and endgame of this series actually is.
>>
>>87837137
they could have identified as bothans, dont assume their species
>>
File: IMG_0879.jpg (76KB, 681x1021px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0879.jpg
76KB, 681x1021px
>>87836593

You know what, I feel the same way. I used to be such a huge Star Wars nerd, it was such an integral part of my childhood and identity growing up. But now? I don't care. It's just a cash grab. I don't care about Ray or Finn. They're boring characters. There's just no heart in it any more. No matter what anyone says about George, he tried to tell us original fun stories. Now we just get the same stories retold time and time again. We get it: Empire and Rebels were a thing. These movies are repetitive husks. I never thought Star Wars would die because it was dull.
>>
>>87834436
>>87836091
The hype machine hasn't started yet.
The moment it does you sheep are going to start to salivate from your mouth.
>>
>>87837961
you have to be mad if you think TFA it's better than even attack of the clones
>>
File: 745.png (98KB, 324x323px) Image search: [Google]
745.png
98KB, 324x323px
>"The prequels were bad, but at least they didn't touch Han Solo"
>realizing the days of saying this are numbered thanks to Disney.
At least George made Dash Rendar canon technically so they can't Katarn him as far as I know.
>>
>>87839569
Dash Rendar canon?
mate...
>>
are we forgetting the second movie tends to be good in big trilogies ?

t. my only hope
>>
File: 1423012595151.jpg (116KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1423012595151.jpg
116KB, 1024x768px
>>87836130

In my opinion, Rogue One was a thousand times better than TFA.

The main reason is because it actually made sense for the series. TFA made episodes 1-6 completely meaningless as it was all about Anakin and his son bringing balance to the force and destroying the dark side. It also further insulted fans as it reused episode 7's plot, brought in no memorable characters or designs and had the audacity to bring in a third deathstar that could destroy multiple planets, it's like a child wrote it.

They should've flipped it and made it about old foes like Jabba, old separtist forces, etc rising in power in the galaxy now that the empire has lost it's galactic control and how the Jedi were growing and making a new academy to counter it.

Rogue One had it's issues but it was still a 5/10. TFA is a solid 0/10 and my least favorite movie to have ever been released.
>>
>>87834436
it's suspicious that even normies are developing capeshit fatigue? people aren't talking about it as much as the previous two, but the mosue will shell out more than enough marketing dollars for another billion dollar box office
>>
>>87834548

Or maybe, y'know, not a great Star Wars movie.
>>
>>87839650
>They should've flipped it and made it about old foes like Jabba, old separtist forces, etc rising in power in the galaxy now that the empire has lost it's galactic control and how the Jedi were growing and making a new academy to counter it.
That would also make 1-6 meaningless, as Vader was meant to bring balance to the force. The jedi, in their own way, were just as cancerous to the galaxy as the sith were.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.