[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RIP C. Martin Croker (Clay) Adult Swim Animator, Director, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0195.jpg (59KB, 436x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0195.jpg
59KB, 436x600px
One year ago, I woke up to missed calls, and text-messages ranging anywhere from "Call me now" to "I'm sorry about Clay." (BY THE WAY. NEVER TEXT ANYBODY THAT!!! Never text condolences. EVER. I deduced he was gone by texts from THOTS. Never do that.)

Clay died one year ago today. Please, press F or share funny memes. Or just whatever. Make it a party up in here if you want. He was a good guy with a deranged sense of humor.

Without that lovable slacker Clay, there would have never been the Space Ghost Coast to Coast we all love. The influence of that show on early Adult Swim programming is undeniable.

His wikipedia: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/C._Martin_Croker
>>
File: IMG_0189.jpg (26KB, 300x220px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0189.jpg
26KB, 300x220px
You peobably know Zoeak. He was rhe animator and the voice.
>>
press sneed to pay chucks very lovecraftian
>>
>>87827053
I press sneed
>>
Wow I can't believe it's already a year. Will have to watch some Space Ghost. Love Zorak and Moltar
>>
>>87827148
I make it com
>>
>>87827163
Same. Time flies...
>>
>>87827031
Nice blog, faggot.
>>
>>87827237
Lol thanx 4 reedin. Subscrive plz
>>
Based Croker
>>
>>87827031
Who the fuck are you? HP Lovecraft?
>>
>>87827308
Im ur mum!!
>>
>>87827031
Fuck clay & fuck you I hope everyone you care about dies & you find out via text you crying bag of testicle skin
>>
>>87827278
Lol! In some ways.
>>
>>87827381
Whale, that's not very nice...
>>
>>87827421
Nice, who is talking about nice?
>>
>>87827470
Uhhhhhh.... ur mum? :3
>>
I like that episode with his nephew Raymond
>>
>>87827633
Poor Raymond.
>>
Was just thinking about him and Space Ghost last night and today watched some adult swim toons for the first time in ages. Coincidence huh? Can't believe it's been a year.

Do you remember what his involvement with Aqua Teen was? That's my favourite adult swim show.
>>
>>87827031
>>87827051
He is my favorite animated character. The episode with Stiller and kevin smith was...just watch this
https://youtu.be/LhBnEa0hKUc
>>
>>87827785
He voiced Dr. Weird snd Steve, and also did animation until they went digital.
>>
>>87827796
I still wonder how that voice came out of his face, lol. He eventually enbraced Zorak as his fav because everybody else did.
>>
>>87827837

Wait, I thought it was always digital from season one? When did it switch etc.?
>>
>>87827053
Not here, faggot. This is not the time.

RIP Dr. Weird. And if you were someone who actually knew him, OP, I'm sorry for however idiots treated his passing.

I was well aware of his influence and work and was sad to hear the news myself. There's plenty of others just like me out there.

At least he got to see the finale.
>>
>>87827947
The characters themselves were traditionally animated and then they threw those animations together on a computer. They did recycle the same cels constantly, though.
>>
>>87827947
Nope. Wish you could hear him bitch about animating that Japanese-speaking tentacle thing, lol.
>>
>>87827967
Knew him well. Thank you. I don't mind the shitposting. Clay would roll his eyes at it, too. Lol.
>>
>>87828122
I'm from the south myself, and watching all the behind the scenes/home footage of Dave and Clay and Andy/all those guys was always comfy as fuck. They always seemed like regular dudes. They knew how silly what they were doing was, but they just went balls out with it and ended up making some stuff that was really special.
>>
>bumps own thread (one bump!)

Ahhhh
>>
You probably aren't a regular, but we did have a couple threads here, but, of course, no sticky.

C. Martin Croker has joined the same ranks as Peter O'Toole.
>>
>>87828471
Really? That's actually pretty amazing.
>>
>George Lowe will die in your lifetime

I don't know what I'm gonna do guys.
>>
>>87828349
I only knew Clay, but none of this surprises me. Those gosh-darned hippies he hung with at work. Lol.
>>
>>87828581
How old are you?
>>
>>87828721
lol he's the most hippie looking one of the bunch. The rest look basically like my dad.
>>
>>87828789
His hair got away from him later in life, lol.
>>
>>87828773
>>87828892
26. And mine's already getting away, so sounds like he did alright.

I first caught space ghost when I was 8. My dad let me stay up with him one night. I remember Zorak singing "(Don't) Send In The Clowns" to this day.
>>
>>87829166
Oh!!! Well, you saw Cartoon Planet!! Very nice. :)
>>
>>87829166
Found a link fer ya! https://youtu.be/AxGvRxYMQHU
>>
>>87829318
Errr... this one. (Cartoon Planet.[p.s. GOOGLE SUXXXXX])

https://youtu.be/AxGvRxYMQHU
>>
>>87829220
Oh yeah. That was way before the the white text.
A couple years later I rediscovered as when they had shit like Baby Blues. It didn't work for Dilbert. Let's try it again anyway!
Then came the salad days, when they had Futurama, Family Guy was still cancelled, and ATHF always came on right after every night.

>>87829318
This is honestly the first time I've heard this since. Definitely made me giggle. Thank you, OP.

Adult Swim...it's whatever now. At least Squidbillies is still good and somehow not cancelled. Do you like Dave's live action Hell show?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDUxc6MLXoM
>>
>>87827031
I'm assuming "no cause of death released" means suicide. It's always the funny fuckers that go through with it.
>>
I still have my copy of Space Ghost's Musical Barbeque.

F
>>
>>87829680
Eh...drugs/lifestyle are just as plausible.
>>
>>87829680
He was killed by Sam Hyde. Clear cut case of self defense.
>>
File: hello darkness my old friend.jpg (11KB, 212x212px) Image search: [Google]
hello darkness my old friend.jpg
11KB, 212x212px
It's already been a year? FUCK
>>
>>87830718
I could have sworn I only heard the news a couple weeks ago.
>>
What the fuck? He died?
>>
>>87830736
Time is the enemy, my friend
>>
>>87830896
Year ago today. <3
>>
>>87827031
I'm sorry about Clay
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.