[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why isn't anyone talking about this show? I just started

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 9

File: Netflix_Ozark.jpg (16KB, 600x302px) Image search: [Google]
Netflix_Ozark.jpg
16KB, 600x302px
why isn't anyone talking about this show? I just started watching and it seems bretty good

no spoiler pls
inb4 netflix hate
>>
>>87822859
I watched two episodes and it was completely mediocre. No memorable characters besides Del and a completely derivative plot.
>>
ozark gets pushed into a locker
>>
its neither hyped like got nor hilariously bad like twd so there is no meat on the bones to pick for /tv/
>>
Because it's shit. There are no likeable characters, the writing is boring, the acting is vanillas.
>>
Let's talk about Rick and Morty
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily fromNarodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.
>>
>Mexicans, Mafia, Muslims, we all want to believe these people are more than what they are but they're not. If they weren't dealing drugs, extorting busineses, flying planes into buildings they'd be cleaning toilets. They're not criminal geniuses, they're pathological liars on the path of least resistance.

Is this the most red-pilled show out right now?
>>
Dropped it after the redneck decided to suck the gay guys penor.
>>
>>87823289
Reminded you of your childhood, Cletus Jr. ?
>>
i like it a lot. I don't think it's perfect but it kept my attention throughout and it had a very complex plot. Bateman is a very talented lead dramatic actor, and I can't believe I'm saying this because I never cared too much about him.
>>
>>87822859
it's breaking bad with far less interesting characters
>>
>>87822859
How Lovecraftian is it?
>>
Fucking generic af.
>>
Jason Bateman is a shitter and has a punchable face.
>>
File: implying.jpg (91KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
implying.jpg
91KB, 1200x800px
>>87822889
>>87823054
>>87824158

implying this isn't a memorable character
>>
File: philip.webm (524KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
philip.webm
524KB, 1280x720px
>>87824439
She was better in The Americans
>>
Everything is too contrived. Lucky out of a bad situation, and any ray of hope is crushed by something else equally random.

I would have been more likely to accept it had the show been a comedy.
>>
>>87824439
I would say "yeah you're right" but I literally did forget about her when making that post.
>>
>>87822859
Because it's painfully mediocre. Every aspect of the show has been done better by other shows. I swear the only people who could think this show is any more than "fine" are people who haven't watched tv since 2008.
>>
>>87824501
she was hotter in The Americans but she's a better actress in Ozark
>>
>>87822859
The daughter is that kid from Junior Masterchef who cried because her cake mix was wrong.

She was a cute kid, but she's grown up all weird and supermodel faced. But also exactly like a girl I used to be in love with when I was 18, so it works for me.

The show is solid, btw. Looking forward to S2.
>>
>>87822859
I got bored and couldn't finish the season, I'll force myself to just finish it one of these days.
>>
Just watch it, it's good. The criticism for it is valid but it's still entertaining.
>>
>>87824787
Well that's fine because TV hasn't been very good since 2008.
>>
File: Ozark S01E03 - vultures.webm (3MB, 900x450px) Image search: [Google]
Ozark S01E03 - vultures.webm
3MB, 900x450px
>>
>>87825098
Why did qt Charlotte give her virginity to that asshole Chad instead of this nice guy?
>>
>>87825385
nigger that was the same guy
>>
>>87823208
Who are you quoting
>>
>>87822859
People already finished talking about it because they put out the whole season all at once. That's the downside to Netflix shows, but if it makes you feel better people do really seem to like it and this will probably be a good thread, you should wait until you're done to create a thread though because there will inevitably be spoilers. That's the other problem with getting the whole season at once, you can't speculate about what the next episode will be, you have to discuss the whole season or nothing at all.
>>
dropped after the wife sleeps with the only black guy in the town
>>
>>87825451
>nigger that was the same guy

No it wasn't. Did you even watch the show?
>>
File: Ozark S01E05 - shorts.webm (3MB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
Ozark S01E05 - shorts.webm
3MB, 1200x600px
>>87826010
lmao yeah I'm an idiot. I thought I posted this webm
>>
I binged watched the whole thing and I was entertained. Then it was over and the whole thing was really stupid.
>>
File: IMG_2495.jpg (29KB, 563x337px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2495.jpg
29KB, 563x337px
Is she /ourgirl/ or is charlotte?
>>
>>87826117
those legs and asscheeks, please post more
>>
>>87826420
She's too good for /tv/
>>
>>87824501
is that david koresh
>>
File: the-americans-2-02-philip.png (165KB, 490x287px) Image search: [Google]
the-americans-2-02-philip.png
165KB, 490x287px
>>87827092
Just based phillip in another disguise
>>
I got very bored around three episodes in and haven't picked it up since, which is unfortunate because I think it started out pretty good.

There's just been so many "audience confirmed!" tropes in these three episodes that I don't think I'd ever pick it up again desu. Leftovers did the same thing, and I'd sooner be caught dead than watching yet another American teenage girl be moody and dumb.
>>
>>87824439
would you?
>>
I hope someone re-edits the show with narration by Ron Howard and AD music.
>>
>>87826117
She has a very odd face.
>>
>>87822859
Does this have lovecraftian elements?
>>
Too much fag shit for the average viewer.
>>
>>87826595
>>87827911
she a cute!
>>
villains are too dark for me

what happened with the preacher's wife was too much for me. I dropped GoT for the same reason, it's too brutal. Makes me feel bad.
>>
>>87827433
Mid-season get's a little slow.

First 1/3 is great, last 1/3 is great, middle 1/3 is slow.
>>
Why did Bateman let his daughter dress like a slut? No wonder Chad fucker her on his boat
>>
>>87828591
ugh it's 2017 and it's not ok to slut shame!
>>
>>87829109
I don't get it, why not? People are shamed for lots of things, what's so special and off limits about beign a slut
>>
>>87828049
She's not ugly at all, just odd. Very hard features.
>>
>>87829181
it's a female empowerment thing
>>
>>87829373
>"Loving the Ozarks"
>clearly isn't
Why
>>
>>87829373
Nothing says "empowered" like a facial
>>
I couldn't finish the first episode. A well-off family man has the perfect life. Oh wait turns out it's not as great as it seems. Watch as he does wacky things. Meh.
>>
>>87829547
You're a fuckin idiot
>>
first episode is kino
later it gets dull and stupid
>>
>>87829547
>wacky
DUDE SO WACKY MOMS GONNA FREAK LMAO
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.