[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MOTHER!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 34

File: lawrence.png (521KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
lawrence.png
521KB, 1000x562px
I am laughing so hard at all the normies that saw MOTHER! just because Jennifer Lawrence was in it. it's like a expertly crafted practical joke.
>>
>>87804887
i literally just got back from this. i was laughing too at the end. exact same reactions from normie plebs as when I saw spring breakers.

"wtf? that wasshit"
"that was pointless. whats it even about?"
and my favourite was from an old lady "you must need to be high to understand this...you know with the legalization of marijauna going on (i live in canada) theres going to be more stuff like this and the world get get worse and high kids will get in more car accidents"

I'd say the movie was made for people like her if she wasnt so retarded.

Seriously how do people not understand what the movie is about? Even if you don't pick up on ANY of the clues, especially the unsubtle ones at the end, the movie literally explains what its all about with the last few lines of dialogue. honestly i don't understand.
>>
>>87804887
>>87805511
Fuck off Darren, your movie a shit
>>
>>87805511
You dont understand how normies watch movies mate. They turn their brain off, and sit there not actually taking in information but simply watching scene after scene while they react to it.
>>
>>87804887
I can't wait to see it honestly.
>>
>>87805768
Then why do they say they like stuff like inception or fight club?
>>
>>87805786
Get out of this thread while you can
>>
looking forward to this film becoming the new rick and morty. its fans will claim you need a certain level of intelligence to understand it. arronofsky is babby's first serious filmmaker
>>
>>87806981
Those aren't intelligent movies
>>
>>87805768
simultaneously disgusted and jealous
>>
>>87805511
Spring Breakers was literal garbage for plebs though, they are both just shit movies.
>>
>>87807386
i know someone would say this. i never said they were, but they like to talk about the "meanings" of those movies, which they wouldn't be able to do if they shut their brains off and just watched scenes
>>
File: 44Gc3vI.jpg (157KB, 1280x999px) Image search: [Google]
44Gc3vI.jpg
157KB, 1280x999px
>>87807457
>this is what brainlets actually believe
>>
>>87804887
Is Jennifer Lawrence doing mommy joi now?
>>
>>87806981
It makes them feel smart, but if you actually asked them for a detailed analysis you wouldn't get anything.
>>
>In this third act, everything gets set into chaotic motion. A few paparazzi come to the house, raving about Bardem’s poem. This scene is particularly heartbreaking because Lawrence, pregnant as fuck, has made a lovely dinner for her and her husband to enjoy together but, given the option, a man will always choose a crowd of adoring fans over the woman who’s stuck by his side through it all. The crowds grow and grow until the house literally turns into a warzone. It starts off with Lawrence giving into a mother whose son has to pee and it progresses to the masses entering her house.
>When I say chaos, I mean motherfucking chaos. This 15ish minute scene could’ve served as a masterful, standalone short film. It’s impossible to describe and accurately capture the sheer madness of this growing cult. Like, don’t even bother watching this movie; fast forward to this scene and shut it off right after. Lawrence gives birth while her husband’s psychotic fans terrorize her home. Everyone is silent once the baby arrives, and Lawrence begs Bardem to kick them out, which he, of course, refuses. They need to see the baby. A day or two passes with a staring contest between Bardem and Lawrence, who won’t pass the baby over to her husband. She falls asleep and awakes to Bardem showing off her child to the ravenous crowd.
>Unsurprisingly, the baby’s neck snaps and he dies. The masses then proceed to cannibalize the dead baby. Lawrence finally loses her mind and starts stabbing the masses. This is where I decided that Aronofsky doesn’t care about women in the absolute slightest. In a moment of pure disgust, he shows Lawrence being viciously, horrendously attacked while women-specific slurs are thrown at her. Between the gratuitous, unnecessary violence, the lack of compassion in the gaze, and the length of this scene, it’s irrational to deem this film a fan of any woman.
https://letterboxd.com/isvbella/film/mother-2017/

Fucking kek this movie sounds amazing
>>
You know what's funnier?
Dumb pseuds who think Aranofsky is deep.
>>
>>87804887
it's not as bad as all the try hard pseuds who dislike the film specifically and only because Jennifer Lawrence is in it.
>>
>>87808086
He might be.
>>
>>87808086
i don't think he's deep, the movie is very on the nose. i'm confused as to how people are so stupid to not get any of it
>>
I saw it because I wanted Black Swan 2: Rosemary.

..I didn't get it.. It was fun though.
>>
Should I check this movie out? I have moviepass and the movie theater isn't that far away, I was just being a bit lazy today.
>>
>When it comes time for Mother to finally have their baby, she and the poet retreat to his upstairs office, which is basically the Garden of Eden/Heaven. She gives birth but refuses to let the poet take the baby to the throng of onlookers downstairs. Unfortunately, as sleep deprivation gets the best of her, the poet snatches the baby from her arms and gives it to the people. The baby, in this instance, is Jesus Christ. Those familiar with the New Testament knew what was coming next—the poet gives his baby to the people, who then kill it. Mother is horrified, even moreso when the people start eating the baby while crying (i.e. consuming the body of Christ as in communion, during which we remember Jesus’ sacrifice for our sins).

>Mother gets trampled and beaten badly, almost to the point of death, before she makes her escape. The parallel here is humanity killing the planet (i.e. Mother Nature). But as we’re experiencing right now with climate change, Mother Nature fights back. Lawrence’s character screams in terror, shaking the house (i.e. Earth), before running to the basement where she lets her wrath loose in full fury. Fittingly, she chooses an oil drum as her weapon (i.e. the fossil fuel industry) and sets the entire place on fire, killing all of humanity.
>>
>>87808410
>The poet, being God/creator and thus immortal, survives and carries the badly burned Mother upstairs. She protests, asking him to stop, but he carries on opening her chest and pulling out another crystal like the one Pfeiffer and Harris’ characters broke at the beginning of the movie. It’s here that the gloomy ending comes into full view, as we realize Lawrence’s Mother was simply one of many Earths that God has created. Lawrence’s Mother tells him to stop, warning that humanity will always do this—turn on its creator, itself, and of course the Earth. But he strives to create, and thus he takes the crystal to the upstairs room, places it on the mantle, and the house restores itself and a brand new Mother wakes up in the bed, fresh-eyed and unaware that she’s just the next iteration of the cycle.
>>
>>87808361
I'm not sure, anon... Do you think i should recomend it to you?
>>
>>87804887
When do the Razzie nominations get announced?
>>
>>87805511
Is it more complex then the Limehouse Golemn? That shit was hard to follow, other then the cuckqueen kinky bitch that got off to killing other girls.
>>
This is the sort of movie that will be considered a classic in a few decades.
>>
>>87807591
Nah that's xev
>>
Is it worse or better than Noah?
>>
>>87810495
Noah is a 7/'0, this is an least an 8.
>>
File: by fire be purged.gif (1MB, 420x226px) Image search: [Google]
by fire be purged.gif
1MB, 420x226px
>>87810495
this is literally every good scene in noah, so it seems nearly impossible to be worse. It probably is, though. Darren got lucky with a few films, rest of his stuff is drek.
>>
>>87808770
No idea, I never saw it. I wouldn't say Mother is complex though, while some parts are ambiguous, I went into the film without reading anything about it or even seeing the trailer and I started to have it pieced it together probably by the time 1 third of it was over.
>>
>ask friends if any of them want to see this
>they make plans to see IT instead
sheeeeeit
>>
>>87810827
Why not see both?
>>
Someone spoil it for me
>>
>>87810853
i don't care about horror movies and i guess they don't care about fucked up art movies
>>
>>87810906
They eat the baby.
>>
>>87807759
Wtf this sounds amazing. I'd watch it just to see Whoreance get her shit demolished
>>
>>87808165
It's like Jodorowsky, none of his literal shit is deep, it's just exaggerated symbolism and shock value and normies get confused
>>
>>87804887
Didn't want to watch it because I think she's a shit actor shoehorned everywhere these days. Friend convinced me. She's still shit but the movie was fucking great. Top tier comedy, had me laughing till the end.

Fucking absurd, over the top, in your face shit of the director wanking himself off.
>>
>>87808770

I wouldnt say its very difficult to follow if you know your shit, but if you dont pick up on its underlying structure and focus only on what happens on the screen it probably wont make any sense and be just chaos and disturbing imagery. Its very crammed up and timeline isnt completely linear so it takes some time to figure out what happened in earlier scenes.
>>
File: seth rogen 2lload3.jpg (20KB, 220x280px) Image search: [Google]
seth rogen 2lload3.jpg
20KB, 220x280px
>>87804887
>and my favourite was from an old lady "you must need to be high to understand this...you know with the legalization of marijauna going on (i live in canada) theres going to be more stuff like this and the world get get worse and high kids will get in more car accidents"
>>
>>87810603
The Creation scene was fucking fantastic too
>>
>>87804887
Fucking kek normies are retarded. This movie is literally the most basic shallow fucking allegory and it flies over their heads. Democracy was a mistake
>>
>>87807759
>This is where I decided that Aronofsky doesn’t care about women in the absolute slightest. In a moment of pure disgust, he shows Lawrence being viciously, horrendously attacked while women-specific slurs are thrown at her. Between the gratuitous, unnecessary violence, the lack of compassion in the gaze, and the length of this scene, it’s irrational to deem this film a fan of any woman.
What a stupid interpretation of that scene, jfc
>>
>>87813744
>even normies who tried to pay attention only "understand" based on what they see at face value
>>
>>87804887
What is the movie about and is it worth seeing?
>>
>>87813923
it's an allegory both for the bible and humans destroying the world

I've seen a few people that didn't like it say they're still glad they went and saw it. I say go for it, it's very well made even if the message is on the nose and played out
>>
I'm convinced this movie was a set up by Hollywood to show people Jennifer Lawrence can't act.
They've been trying to push her out for years and now they've just straight up stopped trying to hide it.
This movie is going to win a shitload of Razzies.
>>
>>87810072
That would be Noah
>>87810495
Much worse
>>
>>87810603
Wrong, the entire movie is kino
>>
>>87814204
>>87814245
nah

Watson ruined that movie sure as Lawrence did this one
>>
>>87804887
I feel like this movie is going to be endlessly defended as "you're just not smart enough to understand the symbolism!" like a fucking DC movie
>>
>>87814297

Do you think Snyder would like this movie?
>>
>>87814167
If it was then Aronofsky set it up and is based. Jlaw is a shit actress though I really want her to die or disappear.
>>
>>87814272
Nah she didn't you just meme like a woman her and crowe were the best she was better than connelly
>>
>>87813923
>is it worth seeing?
if you're interested in the director, yes
>What is the movie about
if you're interested in seeing it, it's best not to know, but it is about the relationship between mother nature (or earth), god (or "the creator"), and mankind

theres some really obvious symbols and metaphors throughout the movie to back this up especially if you have knowledge about the old testament, but the third act is more about the recent relationships between people, god, and earth, and how wars (whether they be religious, or civil, or international) and the way people abuse the earth affect the spaces we live in.
basically the film is sort of saying in thisact that we're abusing and taking advantage of what the earth has given us, and we're blowing our one chance at life and taking too much.

there are also other interpretations, such as it just being about relationships and patriarchy vs. matriarchy

there's also the /pol/ interpretation where it's a film about nationalism, and the beautiful home the white woman built herself is being ruined by the influx of uninvited people the hispanic man keeps on letting into the house in order to feel good about himself and "help them" until he loses control and the uninvited guests destroy the house and everything she was trying to build for herself and her child to grow in.
>>
>>87814540
the environmental theme makes her previous comments about the hurricanes really fucking hilarious
>>
>>87814659
enlighten me
>>
>>87814540
>There's also the /pol/ interpretation

lol
>>
>>87814700
It's payback for voting for trump-Jlaw
>>
>>87814082
Can it be viewed as a, dark, comedy?
>>
>>87814700
in an interview she said something along the lines of mother nature was angry at us for polluting and that's why the hurricanes were so bad
like it was more than her saying the hurricanes were caused or worsened by global warming. she personified the earth and said "mother nature was mad at us, we brought this destruction on ourselves, we deserve it"
it was like she made climate change her religion
>>
>>87815017
No it's just unintentionally hilarious towards the end.
>>
>>87804887
Jlaw can't act
>>
>>87814801
honestly, if you see the film it doesn't seem that far-fetched. half of the movie is her getting mad at minorities for destroying her "home" and yelling at her husband that "they need to go back" and her telling them personally that they "need to leave". then there are shots of swarms of people walking towards the house and entering uninvited and destroying shit and stealing shit, and asking for handouts, and then cops busting in, and antifa fighting the cops, and cops trying to protect her, etc. some shots look like they came from that "with open borders" or whatever it was called youtube video they kept trying to spread a year ago.
>>
>>87805511
Agreed, but what exactly did he say, i wasnt sure?

I am I, you are home?
>>
>>87814801
perfectly valid
>>
>>87814936
>>87815032
jesus christ, what an idiot

>>87815017
no but there are genuinely funny parts where you can laugh and not seem like an autist
>>
File: 18WHITE-videoSixteenByNine1050.jpg (113KB, 1050x591px) Image search: [Google]
18WHITE-videoSixteenByNine1050.jpg
113KB, 1050x591px
>>87804887
>After destroying the prelapsarian world in Noah, indie director Darren Aronofsky has returned to his formula. In his sensationalized allegory Mother! Aronofsky sends a nameless woman (Jennifer Lawrence) through a gauntlet of masochistic paranoia, blames modern male chauvinism, and then demolishes Millennial society. By casting Jennifer Lawrence as a put-upon hausfrau whose husband (Javier Bardem, playing Man) subjects her to endless impositions and disrespect, Aronofsky hopes to match the surprise box-office success of Black Swan (his rip-off of Roman Polanski’s Repulsion). It’s possible to read pro-choice madness in the film’s pregnancy subplot — in which Lawrence suffers the most horrendous postpartum depression since Polanski’s Rosemary’s Baby.
>>
>>87815099
"i am life, you are hope"

basically he is god he creates life
>>
>>87808361

its pretentious garbage
>>
File: 1491842056647.jpg (202KB, 800x798px) Image search: [Google]
1491842056647.jpg
202KB, 800x798px
>>87815142
>Aronofsky longs to be thought of as an artiste like Polanski, so Mother! includes cynical sentiments about male indifference (far less subtly than Polanski did). But an obsessive filmmaker doesn’t necessarily rise above schlockmeister status. Aronofsky’s mania for various tribulations never finds a higher meaning, and his emphasis on female discomfort (Lawrence looks zombified, both clueless and hypersensitive) makes him the perfect filmmaker for the Hillary Clinton era. When Woman (as the script names Lawrence’s character) apologizes for objecting to Man’s rowdy houseguests and embarks on a cleaning-up spree, she begs, “I don’t want to interrupt, I’ll get started on the apocalypse.” The line could well have come from Hillary Clinton’s recent campy memoir, What Happened.
>>
>>87815142
>>87815181

>BTFO Aronhacksky, JLaw, AND hillary clinton in the same review

based armond
>>
>>87815181
>Woman (as the script names Lawrence’s character)
Fake news, Armond.
>>
>>87808361
Yes, it's easily worth watching, even if you come out of it hating it, you'll still appreciate aspects.
>>
>>87804887
Everybody has seen her pussy lips. Why would anyone care about her anymore?
>>
>>87815181

His reviews are fucking awful, i hope nobody takes this meme seriously
>>
File: 1453237203110.jpg (17KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1453237203110.jpg
17KB, 250x250px
>It's a Michelle Pfeiffer scene
>>
>>87815443

t. pleb
>>
>>87807759

seems like kino
>>
>>87815443
hillary please
>>
>>87815084
Based
>>
>>87813193
>>>87804887(OP)
>>and my favourite was from an old lady "you must need to be high to understand this...you know with the legalization of marijauna going on (i live in canada) theres going to be more stuff like this and the world get get worse and high kids will get in more car accidents"
old people are so wise.
>>
>>87815142
Isnt blavk swan a rip off of Perfect Blue? Its basically same, except character professions are switched
>>
>>87804887
Do we see tits?
>>
>>87817704
ye
>>
File: 524176252.jpg (88KB, 1109x771px) Image search: [Google]
524176252.jpg
88KB, 1109x771px
This movie sounds like utter kinography
>>
>>87817745
do we see pusy?
>>
>>87817819
nope
>>
>>87817819
based pusyposter
>>
>>87817771
I can see normies calling it shit etc. I think I overheard one guy after seanse calling it shit. But oh wrllz who cares. Theres fucked up shit towards end which will probably trigger some.
>>
>>87815084
>>87815107
Aronofsky and Jlaw already outright confirmed that mother earth/environmental/global warming interpretation is correct.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/09/darren-aronofsky-explains-mother
>>
>>87818002
the baby crowdsurfing and pissing on everyone scene sounds hilarious

when they kill it, does it make a loud CRUNCH?
>>
>>87807759
Why are feminazis so fucking stupid? This scene is literally on their side, showing the horrors of humanity, specifically towards women here.
>>
I need some webms of the baby eating
>>
>>87817771
After I come across a bit of money I can't wait to make a no-women policy theatre
>>
>>87817771
I just hate how they don't even give reasons as to what made them so mad.
>>
File: Motherreview.jpg (19KB, 1043x243px) Image search: [Google]
Motherreview.jpg
19KB, 1043x243px
Kek
>>
>>87805694
t. Mainstream """""film""""" critic
>>
>>87804887
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Mother!. The writing is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the themes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Aronofsky's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterizations- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these films, to realise that they’re not just inspiring- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Mother! truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humor in Jennifer Lawrence's existential catchphrase “I'm quirky and relatable!”, which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Aronofsky's’s genius unfolds itself on their movie screens. What fools.. how I pity them.
>>
>>87818136
>when they kill it, does it make a loud CRUNCH?
Actually yes
>>
>>87807502
You do understand that, nowadays, normies get the plot to any recent movie explained to them by a Nu-male in plaid on YouTube, right? The very same guy will then also tell them whether they liked the movie or not.
>>
>>87818327
Isn't this a Rick and Morty pasta?
>>
File: flop of the century.jpg (246KB, 1420x702px) Image search: [Google]
flop of the century.jpg
246KB, 1420x702px
HOW do you fuck THIS badly?
>>
>>87807759
This shit drives me crazy. I'm seeing this as a critique all the time now. A movie or book shows a sickening scene with the full intention of it being interpreted as a vile, horrific thing, and people act like because it happened, the director endorses it. So stupid.
>>
>>87806981
>Then why do they say they like stuff like inception or fight club?

Because those are actually good movies that work on multiple levels rather than pandering to failed art students.
>>
>>87818439
If it kills JLaw's career I don't see how it's a fuck up
>>
>>87818463
>Because those are actually good movies that work on multiple levels
fucking lol
>>
/tv/ hated Aronnofsky When Black Swan and Noah came out. People called him a pretentious hack. But now that feminists hate mother! he's suddenly /ourguy/?
>>
File: perfectblue1.jpg (802KB, 1580x890px) Image search: [Google]
perfectblue1.jpg
802KB, 1580x890px
>>87815142

Black Swan was a very pedestrian rip-off of Perfect Blue though.
>>
File: 1494632167487.png (126KB, 800x769px) Image search: [Google]
1494632167487.png
126KB, 800x769px
>>87810603
>being this pleb
>>
Is it true I have to read the bible to understand this movie?
>>
>>87810495
Noah was fucking shit
>>
>>87818471
>film is a commentary on how women and nature are destroyed by creators and society
>Aronofsky will destroy JLaw's career

It's like poetry then.
>>
>>87818619

It's Baby's First allegorical movie, it uses very basic understanding of the bible.
>>
File: 2fj734234234fg.jpg (225KB, 682x600px) Image search: [Google]
2fj734234234fg.jpg
225KB, 682x600px
>>87818088
/pol/tards confirmed to be mouth breathing retards that can't understand the world past their delusions
Yet again
>>
File: 5642bj.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
5642bj.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
>>87818278
>>
File: IMG_4113.png (25KB, 312x295px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4113.png
25KB, 312x295px
>>87818518
/tv/ is full of contrarians? When did that happen!?
>>
>>87818518
Black swan was great though
Noah was pure trash
>>
>>87818518

Black Swan was great, Noah was ok
Quit thinking /tv/ is some kind of uniforce hivehind, this isnt reddit
>>
File: 1502144019915.jpg (14KB, 306x299px) Image search: [Google]
1502144019915.jpg
14KB, 306x299px
>Mother!
budget: $30 million
>IT
budget: $35 million

How much of Mother's budget went to JLaw? This shit cannot cost almost as much as IT.
>>
All I want to know is if I will at least be in the mood to eat after seeing this
>>
>>87818880
>How much of Mother's budget went to JLaw? This shit cannot cost almost as much as IT.

15 million. That's probably covers most of the CGI budget for It.
>>
>>87818887
Yeah you'll crave baby meat
>>
>>87818880
She cost at least $20 million. So the movie itself only cost $10 million to make. And this will need to make $60 million worldwide to break even. It's a flop.
>>
>>87814540
So there's no Satan in the film?
>>
>>87818880

You are forgetting the other actors, Javier and especially Michelle Pfiefer would not have come cheap.
IT is full of no names
>>
>>87818471
JLaw is simply going to crawl back to David O Russell to shit out another piece of oscarbait like Joy.
>>87818937
IT also had a ton lof ocations and sets built like the house and sewers, it wasn't all just CG.
>>
File: 1475756104063.jpg (122KB, 1280x714px) Image search: [Google]
1475756104063.jpg
122KB, 1280x714px
>Ameriburgers think this is the first time someone has compared the eucharist with cannibalism
>>
I laughed when the colored boy started painting her house
>>
>>87819011
And yet none of them gave a performance as good or memorable as the kids or Bill Skarsgard.
>>
For what it's worth, I really enjoyed the scenes of J.Law trying fruitlessly to kick everyone out of her house while shit just kept getting crazier and crazier. Like...one moment she's getting pepper-sprayed by the police, the next there are chicken wire cages full of screaming women in her living room, Kristen Wiig is executing tied up people with a revolver, the military is storming the house and...it just keeps going like that.

There was an older couple next to me in the theater that looked genuinely shell-shocked. I'm not sure if they knew what they were walking into.
>>
i'm about to watch this and there's a bunch of black people in the theater. are they going to like it?
>>
>>87819104
haha best part of the film right there!!
>>
>>87819140
I saw it in a coon theater and the blacks kept laughing at the stupidest shit
>>
Tfw like 5 people walked during the baby killing/eating the baby (Who was Jesus I assume) scene. Also someone stood up and yelled "WHAT THE FUCK" and left after Kristen Wiig's execution scene

I fucking loved it. Now that I know what it was supposed to be an allegory of I kinda wanna see it again
>>
>>87819104

This sounds amazing, webms when?
>>
>>87810949
>art
wew
>>
>>87819086

Because of these famous Hollywood hacks cannot act for shit, they are just pretty faces with good connections. And the few celebs that can act tend to be given minor roles.
>>
Aronofsky is a hack fraud.
>>
>>87819211
>I saw it in a coon theater and the blacks kept laughing at the stupidest shit

This is the only right way to watch this film.
>>
>>87818088
Have I missed something? There's a "correct" interpretation to a film now? Whatever the Director/Star says is the meaning is the one and only meaning?
>>
Like that another anon said, only Zack Snyder would've been able to pull of Mother.
>>
>>87819104
I knew the movie was going to be a clusterfuck but that whole sequence had me transfixed. It was like watching a nightmare
>>
>>87818088
Going full-/pol/ on vanityfair would be a bit much.
>>
>>87807457
>Spring Breakers was literal garbage

It's one of the greatest heist movies of the 21st century.
>>
>>87819579
It was shit
>>
>>87819449
the general theme is so universal you can really apply it to whatever you want. But it is clearly intentionally using biblical stories as the framework.

I see it less as 'anti-religion' and more 'anti-humanity' with a focus on the environment on one end and the tension of the relationship between god and mother nature on the other.

Its not great, its not bad, its definitely worth seeing, /tv/ just (understandably) hates jlaw and I guess are all conservative christians now who go batshit at milquetoast religious themes
>>
>>87804887
Even when conveying shock or horror or surprise, Jlaw is the absolute queen of the Resting Bitch Face
>>
>>87818088

Aronofsky can't help how his film is perceived, it's done now he can't take it back.

I thought the movie was about 3rd world low IQ immigrants destroying civilisation, and you know what, that interpretation has as much validity as any other.
>>
My only question is, what the fuck is the medicine she keeps taking in the first act supposed to be?

I am guessing it is supposed to be "The Light of Creation" or something to that effect, since she sees the decaying house (Which is what was before God created) before she has to take it. Once her and Him fug she doesn't need it anymore since his creation is complete.
>>
>>87819798
Actually, "god" doesn't exist desu. U missed the entire point of the movie
>>
>>87804887
>>87805511
Why do i feel like someone is trying to sell me this craporama appealing to localized slangs to fake being an user?
>>
This movie was just the book of Genesis
>>
>>87807759
You one of the douchers looking around with a shitesting smile looking for shocked/offened people?
>>
>>87815084
But Ed Harris and Michelle Pheiffer were the original shit guests
>>
>>87807372
Complete opposite will happen
>>
>>87818456
This happens all the time, people confuse the actions of the character for the beliefs and opinions of the creator.
>>
>>87807593
Dude it's fucking SHOCKING how surface the average persons reading of entertainment is. Probably why it's so easy to plug all sorts of social engineering into it. It really is just "wow, that was good, I liked that scene... I liked, the colors, ha ha, it was soooo goood."
>>
>>87820929

>we should let Ed Harris in, he's a doctor
>it's only fair we let in his wife as well, even though she has loose morals
>their family brought death and violence into our home, but we need to show tolerance and compassion
>it's our duty to let more of these savages in to wreck what we have built

It's pretty obvious
>>
>>87819222
Kind of want to see it again just for can see all the chaos happening and their baby getting eaten
>>
>>87821136
If you're a facist
>>
>>87817771
why do people assume negative emotions = bad movie
>>
>>87821136
she was made from his rib right?
>>
File: 1505505606873.jpg (30KB, 530x495px) Image search: [Google]
1505505606873.jpg
30KB, 530x495px
Her performance was terrible. Anyone praising this movie is an idiot.Anyone praising this tell me, do you actually watch her acting? Its the same tired performance film after film. Shes getting beaten and raped and the only thing that's cringeworthy is her face. It makes me want to beat her to death. She's acting the same and it pisses me off there's no character its just fucking jlaw doing nothing.

Pseudo plebs all over letterboxd praising this film because they are so pleb they can't see her acting is shit.
>>
>>87819222
>Kristen Wiig's execution scene
best scene i've seen this year
>>
>>87821285
she's supposed to be a pushover woman. Seems fine to me
>>
>>87821226
BEcause theyre retarded, but truth be told, I've never felt an inclination to leave a movie before so badly, not because it was shit, but how I allowed it to make me feel.
>>
>>87807759
That scene gave me half a stiffy it was dope
>>
>>87821472
Kill yourself
>>
>>87821196

Everyone has a right to be a fascist in their own home anon
>>
>>87821325
No I mean her situational acting is always the same. Literally when she was acting shitty in the hunger games when she's supposed to be emotional its the same here
>>
File: 31 - 5dhef6Z.png (302KB, 691x470px) Image search: [Google]
31 - 5dhef6Z.png
302KB, 691x470px
>>87821472
>>
>Another problem with Mother! is that Lawrence is playing against type as a frightened woman versus the heroic kickass we know her for in Hunger Games, Joy and American Hustle. Her fans, who turned out at 38%, didn’t appreciate that and gave her an F last night.
HAHAHAAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHH
>>
>>87821508
>>>/r/safespace
>>
>>87821545
Yeah fuck that
>>
File: 97065873 (1).jpg (40KB, 510x525px) Image search: [Google]
97065873 (1).jpg
40KB, 510x525px
>>87821599
>>
>>87821643
Cha, bruh. Wachhau!
>>
>>87821472
or nahhh bihh lmaoooooo
>>
File: swole left.webm (2MB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
swole left.webm
2MB, 640x800px
>>87821643
Watch out anon
>>
>>87821136
Wow, just like the rapefugee crisis
>>
>>87821698
Those legs are incredible. Wow.
>>
File: topkek.png (14KB, 592x138px) Image search: [Google]
topkek.png
14KB, 592x138px
TOP KEK NORMIE THINK THE MOVIE TOO HARD TO UNDERSTAND
>>
>>87807372
it's more like something rick and morty would do an episode of, just with rick in bardem's part and morty as mother
>>
>>87821698
LMAO the absolute state of the alt"""left"""
>>
>>87821776
He did say he was a fan of the show his ama....
>>
>>87821736
omg that's hilarious pls post more innocuous twitter posts from literally who's
>>
>>87821553
Her tits never looked better tho
>>
>>87815142
his reviews are films themselves.
>>
>>87815142
>>87815181
why does this fag force politics into literally every one of his reviews? just talk about the film and fuck off
>>
>>87815181
LMAO libtards on suicide watch
>>
>>87818221
its not what you think
it just cuts to the dead baby
then cuts to a bloody dismembered baby corpse
then it cuts to people eating bloody meat
its not like someone outright grabbing the baby's body and eating its thigh like a chicken wing
>>
>>87821934
Probably because we all belong to society and nothing is done is a vacuum, nothing done without influence and without influencing, you fucking idiot?
>>
>>87815181
HOLY KEK
>>
File: p0rDLGs.png (385KB, 579x651px) Image search: [Google]
p0rDLGs.png
385KB, 579x651px
>>87821934
Keep crying libbie
>>
>>87819449
>Have I missed something? There's a "correct" interpretation to a film now? Whatever the Director/Star says is the meaning is the one and only meaning?

Death of the Author doesn't apply when the message is so blatant and obvious that a child could pick it.
>>
>>87821472
Damn son dey good!
>>
>>87818880
the budget matches the film, however it was apparently filmed over one long weekend which is pretty impressive when you consider all of the different costumes, and set decoration changes and characters and events that happen for the last bit of the movie. That alone would have taken the whole weekend. Perhaps that's why people feel the performances are bad though, they probably just rushed through each shot and only did 1 or 2 takes in order to wrap up filming at such an incredibly unrealistic speed.
>>
>>87821809
fuck me I just called the season 4 premiere episode didn't I
>>
>>87822146
You don't sound nearly as savvy as you imagine.
>>
>>87819000
i don't think so, unless that was what the basement was supposed to represent
>>
>>87822037
Truly, Boss Baby is the political commentary that defines our time.
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/446310/alec-baldwin-boss-baby-strident-politics-mar-movie

>>87822070
Wow, you fucking got me.
>>
>>87819000
Humans were Satan
>>
>>87820754
i dont know, you tell me.
also to add onto what the old lady said, my friend told me he overheard her saying something like "maybe you need to go to university and get a psychology degree to understand whatever that was"
>>
>>87822194

This is pleb-tier knowledge. If you think it's meant to sound insightful then you must be partially retarded.
>>
>>87822252
I wouldnt shit on someone for making s political commentary on it, but youre being an ignorant asshole if youre putting these two movies in the same leauge.
>>
>>87806981
Because the characters say the meaning of the movie outloud in a non-confusing manor.
>>
>>87822366
Films aren't math problems to be simply solved and that's that. They are literally art, Poindexter.
>>
>>87822372
Um, excuse me, I'm trying to write my essay on how Spongebob Squarepants is a show created by the Jews that is brainwashing our kids into supporting communism and throwing away the good Christian values we taught them.
>>
Theater manager here
Had an old lady come out swearing up and down that this was the worst movie she had ever seen and that we should burn it.
Being in the Bible Belt, that's no surprise
>>
>>87822445

Go read a book and then kys you're self.
>>
>>87822445
Films are about as artistic (or autistic as we say) as vidya games. Which is to say, not at all.
>>
>>87822426
but that literally happens right at the end of the mother
>>
File: SpongeBobJihadPants1.jpg (72KB, 674x1024px) Image search: [Google]
SpongeBobJihadPants1.jpg
72KB, 674x1024px
>>87822447
>Um, excuse me, I'm trying to write my essay on how Spongebob Squarepants is a show created by the Jews that is brainwashing our kids into supporting communism and throwing away the good Christian values we taught them.
>>
File: SpongeBobJihadPants2.jpg (63KB, 612x932px) Image search: [Google]
SpongeBobJihadPants2.jpg
63KB, 612x932px
>>87822540
>>
>>87805511
>>87804887
I haven't seen the movie but I guess ots for homosexuals
>>
File: 24grains.png (111KB, 360x640px) Image search: [Google]
24grains.png
111KB, 360x640px
>>87822470
That's pretty funny. I'm not being facetious when i say share more of these stories as they happen, because i'm certain they will. A guy at my screening got up and left and made a little scene.
>>
>>87822445
Oh give me a break, do you see people eating popcorn at a art show, people want to have a good time after working all week.
>>
>>87822619
I think people have such a strong reaction because it's all the more striking when none of the advertisments made it out to be this kind of movie, and going soley on that, neither did the first half of the movie. I see why people feel kinda tricked/cheated/shocked.
I mean, had I known what was going to happen I may have seen if another time. Was going to go out to bars ir whatever after but it really tanked my mood.
>>
>>87805511
This never happened you fucking weirdo, give me a break.
>>
>>87822426
>>87822519
>Because the characters say the meaning of the movie outloud in a non-confusing manor.

Inception is about the philosophy of Borges, Fight Club is about capitalism corroding traditional masculinity. They never state this in either movie.
>>
>>87822749
Dont be so sure. I definetly saw people at the sold out weekend show that seemed to come because of JLaw, because they thought it was a conventional horror movie, or both.
>>
>>87822742
>it's all the more striking when none of the advertisments made it out to be this kind of movie

It's deceptive advertising, they wanted people to trick people into watching an Anti-Christian movie thinking it was another horror flick.
>>
>>87822742
>Was going to go out to bars ir whatever after but it really tanked my mood.
This me and my friends were supposed to meet up and see it to go out but we all wound up just going home after.
>>
>>87822908
How is it anti-christian?
>>
>>87822855
Yeah but old ladies ranting about marijuana? That's obviously bullshit
>>
>>87822931
I mean, that's not a bad thing, but I think it's the minority of people who go enjoy getting something other than what they singed up for.
>>
>>87819104
>Kristen Wiig is executing tied up people with a revolver
this actually happens?
>>
>>87822971

The entire film is allegory about the bible.
>>
>>87821472
This is true degeneracy.
>>
>>87823037
Literally. She isnt given a ton to do on screen so it turns out fine.
>>
>>87804887
Is this movie at least an interesting experience? All people wanna talk about is the message of the movie, but I want to know if its a good movie.
>>
>>87823037
>Kristen Wiig is executing tied up people with a revolver

Protip: Kristen Wiig represents the Catholic church.
>>
>>87819579
It was an open bag of garbage reeking of ass.
>>
>>87818456
some people think that villains in movies are played by IRL bad people so i wouldn't get too worked up about this
>>
Aronofsky has killed his career with this, and probably Lawrence's too for a good while. But that may have been their intentions.
>>
File: 1504407683972.webm (868KB, 272x480px) Image search: [Google]
1504407683972.webm
868KB, 272x480px
>my boobs are blind
what did she mean by this?
>>
>>87823100
First bit is a little tedious, I think but overall it's very enjoyable.
>>
>>87822770
Fight Club is how pandering hard into a bullshit idea of "traditional masculinity" is ultimately as cult-like, identity-consuming, and meaningless as a more corporate lifestyle.
>>
>>87823188
>thinks it's possible for a Jew in Hollywood to kill his own career

The shiksa might be done for though.
>>
>>87808361
As I told my friends, it's worth experiencing at least once.
>>
>>87823262
>Fight Club is how pandering hard into a bullshit idea of "traditional masculinity" is ultimately as cult-like, identity-consuming, and meaningless as a more corporate lifestyle.

There are many ways to read it, but the point is that the film themes of masculinity are never spelled out loud, they are intertwined into the film itself and so it's obvious if you analyse it, but most people might not notice it and have fun watching a psychological thriller.
>>
File: Based Armond.png (413KB, 868x804px) Image search: [Google]
Based Armond.png
413KB, 868x804px
>>87815181
>>
>>87822971
Did you watch the movie? It's pretty much calling the Christian God an asshole for creating mankind. God's an asshole for creating aronofsky.
>>
It flopped. Good
>>
>>87823188
He's gonna be fine. Jlaw's one that needs to go back to sucking Harvey's jew schlong if she wants to stick around
>>
>>87823374
Find the lie
>>
>>87823100
I found it boring and stupid. It's the thinking man's film for stupid people
>>
>>87823410
God doesn't exist, that sure was easy
>>
File: armond.jpg (19KB, 300x279px) Image search: [Google]
armond.jpg
19KB, 300x279px
only people that like it are the ones that think they are in on the joke (they aren't)
>>87815142
>>87815181
>>
>>87821370

i have depression. and I hate JLaw. should I see it or not?
>>
>>87823188
Lawrence has had a string of flops, Serena, both the Mockingjay films, Passengers, Joy, Xmen Apocalypse, and now mother!

Technically, her career is already over.
>>
>>87823468
It won't make you more depressed, just make you mad aronofsky stole your money as usual
>>
this movie is part of an agenda 21 conspiracy to demonize christians and favor UN santioned carbon taxes and land appropriation and distribution
>>
>>87819104
An older couple walked out in my theater before any of that shit even went down. I saw it with my grandmother, she was laughing.
>>
>>87823468
I dont think so, no. I meam, if you hate her like a neckbeard, you might like seeing her fucked with, but the whole thing just RAN with my anxiety and shit and I really wasnt in the right mind to see it and it made me feel liek shit. So safe spaces aside, from one depressed person to another, really, maybe dont see it or at lewst wait until you have a good day.
>>
JLaw looks better with cum on her face.
>>
>>87823593
Laughing isnt a good indicator in public, though. People really do laugh when theyre unconfortable.
>>
>>87823597
Suicide is always an option for you.
>>
>>87823649
Scares me now and then, I agree. I didnt ask to have a chemical imbalance, friend. I just dont want someone to feel shitty unnessasarloy and hate the movie because of it.
>>
>>87823645
It was uncomfortable.
My grandmother laughs even when I had her play VR horror games though.
>>
>>87823070
no u
>>
>>87823498
The greatest sin in Hollywood is losing other people's money.
>>
>>87823597

cheers mate.
>>
>>87819449
Aronofsky probably just noticed that it fit and started saying it now since climate change is being massively denied under the Trump administration.

Aronofsky has also said that he wishes everyone to come out with their own interpretation, and that the only interpretation that he doesn't approve of is that the film is "pro-violence".
>>
>>87820505
what was the point of the movie then?
>>
>>87820505
Then why is Javier Bardem's character credited as "Him" (Which is what the bible refers to God as)
>>
>>87823753

>The greatest sin in Hollywood is losing other people's money.

You mean other jews money, (((Sony Pictures))) is happily wasting every yen Sony earns
>>
>>87823498
Lawrence is just the latest in the revolving door of Middle American shiksas that Hollywood plucks to be "America's Sweetheart". It's a temporary position by nature and eventually the holder is always discarded for someone younger.
>>
>>87807537
>that pic
fucking kek.

do you think celebrities feel like prostitutes when they have to do these paid photoshoot thing? if i were one i would do everything i could to avoid the people willing to shill out like $60 just to be sweaty and stand next to me.
>>
>>87808440
This is why we don't let Jewish atheists do biblical allegory.
>>
>>87824295
Protip: if you want to avoid that shit, don't star in or be involved in any way with genre film.
>>
>>87808440
they should have cut this desu. would have been better if it just ended on the complete destruction.
>>
>>87823498
and now she's "taking a break" for two years.

>“I’m taking [a break]. I don’t have anything set for two years,” Lawrence, 27, revealed to Savannah Guthrie.
http://pagesix.com/2017/09/14/jennifer-lawerence-is-taking-a-two-year-break-from-acting/

wonder if there will be roles left for her when she comes back.
>>
>>87817650
>>87818564
The type of plot isn't exactly new it goes way back to Italian Giallo novels but Aronofsky did indeed buy the rights to perfect blue and rips off shots on promo designs wholesale
>>
>>87824953
>wonder if there will be roles left for her when she comes back.
At 30? Unfortunately not.
>>
>>87824953

>wonder if there will be roles left for her when she comes back.

Depends on how much (((dick))) she will be sucking during those two years
>>
File: 1474228378181.jpg (26KB, 213x314px) Image search: [Google]
1474228378181.jpg
26KB, 213x314px
>>87825190
>"at 30"
>taking a break for two years
>shes 27 right now
>27+2=30
>>
>>87813396
I'm sorry, I haven't heard anything about this movie other then Jlaw and hurricanes, what is the overall story here? what's the point of the "crazy third act"? Thanks
>>
>>87804887
reminder that this was directed by the man that brought us ass 2 ass

its just a sex thing
>>
>>87825433

Jew made a movie with Bardem playing as the God of the Bible and JLaw being mother nature, and the extras playing as humanity who destroy the house. JLaw then gives birth to baby Jesus who is cannibalized by the Christians.
>>
>>87825554
Well i never!
>>
>>87825554
sounds like an edgy short story I would've written in grade 5
>>
>>87825373
Lighten up, aspie. Movies take close to a year to make, you know. So it'll be 3 years before it's released.
>>
>/poltv/ can only discuss films in terms of trump and anti-trump
>>
>>87825554
Do they actually eat the babby?
>>
>>87807759
>depicting violence against women is misogynist
>>
>>87826092
oh yes
>>
>>87826246
Well goddamn, now I want to see it.
>>
>>87826092
Yep. They're sobbing too. Like penitents at church.
>>
>>87826233
I never understood that argument. I mean, it's one thing if a movie treats all of its female characters as objects to be kicked around and disposed, but J.Law is clearly sympathetic and her beating in the movie is objectively a bad thing.

The last movie I saw where a woman got the shit kicked out of her was Atomic Blonde, and it was sorta the same thing; Charlize Theron was the hero and the people punching and kicking her were clearly bad (and ended up dying in the end as well).

Hell, I figure that it heightens a person's character regardless of gender if they're able to take a punch and keep going.
>>
>>87826092
You see the baby being carried, its neck snaps, the next thing you see guts on a table, then you see everyone eating while crying
>>
>>87826505
Sweet. More graphic than the baby murder in the VVitch
>>
>>87804887
i'm staying away from this movie BECAUSE of jennifer lawrence. seriously she looks like a child trying to act like an adult in every movie she's in. plus she's a total cunt. get fucked jenn
>>
>>87815032
The worst bit was where she alluded to Trump being the next Hitler and her being particular woke to this fact.

https://youtu.be/RH7wMFrWYoA
>>
>>87823203
>we will never get the bj vid that was teased during the fappening
we all saw the thumbnail, it's out there somewhere in the ether
>>
This thread makes me want to see this movie 2bqhfam. It sounds like some modern-day Bunuel/Jodorowsky shit.
>>
What the fuck is this movie even about
>>
>>87804887
Look... she's acting really hard!!!! Give her the Oscar!!!!
>>
>>87826803
Aronofsky >>> Jodorowsky
>>
>>87821776
Would unironically enjoy that desu
>>
>>87805511
wow
such culture
>>
>>87826898

Tarkovsky>>Jodorowsky>>Aronofsky
>>
>>87819000
No JLaw is really in it
>>
>>87826829
Too young to use search engines, or not smart enough?
>>
>>87827086
No i just wanted some (you)'s to explain it to me
>>
>>87826650
He's certaintly facist
>>
>>87827147
He does love his own face, yes.
>>
>>87826803
If you are willing to put up with Jlaw's terrible acting go right ahead.
>>
>>87814204
>Noah
>good

It was shit. Aronofsky's only good films are The Fountain (a lot of bad scenes rescued by the few good ones) and Black Swan (actually great film). He always tries to go deeper than his abilities permit and shits it all up.
>>
>>87806981
those films bombed with maintream audiences. i dont think old ladies or average j law films would like those either do you?
>>
>>87818088
Death of the author m8 look it up
>>
>>87827320
Pi and The Wrestler are decent, at least better than Mother!
>>
>>87827147

He's about as centrist as you can get - actual fascists would laugh at everyone who says Trump is anything remotely fascist.
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.