[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bojack Horseman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 6

File: Bo.jpg (64KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Bo.jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
Bojack has Season 1 Xavier levels of clever wordplay
>>
>>87709737
Incorrect.
>>
>governor woodcuck
>his wife calls him woodCHARLES!
>>
reddit tier trash
>>
>>87709737
Episode 10 is the only one up to par with prior seasons. Otherwise it's mostly filker. I thought most of the jokes fell flat.

Ep 10 was real good though, basically worth watchong the rest for.
>>
No it doesn't, and I don't even like XRA
>>
>>87711378
I think the problem is that the core characters now are in such different storylines that is impossible for them to coexist in the same show, so there is a lot of information but no real closure because of the lack of time
>>
>>87711378
I thought episode 10 and 11 were better than any episode from any other season.
>>
>>87711689
That's exactly how I feel. Bojack isn't a show that's fit for a ton of seasons. It needs to wrap up its character arcs and then be done. There's only enough times I can see Bojack ruin everything for himself, or Diane and mr. Peanutbutter have a dumb fight and still feel sorry for them, it gets old.
>>
>>87711378
Episodes 6, 11 were also really good. The whole season is definitely worth it though. Easily the best animated comedy for 4 years straight.
>>
File: 1421113368249.gif (3KB, 148x132px) Image search: [Google]
1421113368249.gif
3KB, 148x132px
>>87711378
"stupid piece of shit" is the best depiction of chronic depression i've ever seen
>>
>"Would you, could you with a mouse?"
I smiled.
And then the flashback episodes happened and I stopped smiling.
>>
>>87712485
i don't understand people who say this season wasn't dark. Those flashback episodes were nightmares
>>
>>87709737
>DUDE PARENTS LMAO
>>
>>87712704
dude dementia is terrible and it affects the lives of millions of people lmao
>>
The wordplay is the worst thing about the show. Seriously, I love Bojack Horseman, but all of the stupid tongue twisters and shallow puns have never been funny or clever.
>>
>>87712284
I think it has maybe one season left. Notice how everyone who blamed Bojack for their lives being crappy has continued to have crappy lives without him while Bojack, for all intents and purposes, came out a little better at the end of season 4?
I think the last season will be 5, and Bojack is going to pick his half sister over the rest of them.
>>
>>87712765
I dunno, Todd is doing pretty well with no Bojack in his life, actually

When is Diane going to realize that she needs Bojack's horse cock instead of that puny dog bone
>>
Any other Animated Dark Comedies?

TV or Movie, doesn't matter
>>
>>87712831
They're either getting divorced at the beginning of next season or spend the whole seasons doing a wacky marriage counseling arc that ends in their divorce anyway
>>
I can't stand this nonstop assault of le randumb humour.

This and Rick + Morty. It's all absolute shit. No one believes in pacing anymore.
>>
>>87712865
F is for family is pretty good, although not nearly as dark as bojack
>>
>>87712949
ugh, i don't think i could stomach a wacky marriage counseling arc
>>
>>87712865
The Venture Bros.
The Life and Times of Tim
>>
>>87712974

The humor isn't really that random though. The wackiest thing in this season is Todd's clown dentist thing, but that has a pretty straight progression of events. Yeah there are silly moments, but this is ostensibly a comedy show.

When its not being as really real as it gets about depression. Or delving into the horrors of everyone's backstories.

And what the hell do people mean when they say pacing anymore? What problem do you have with the pacing? Is it going along too fast, too slow? Maybe "no one believes in pacing anymore" because pacing is subjective. Some things are better slower, some things are better fast, there is no ideal pacing for anything. Its all personal taste. How many times are we going to see someone say "pacing" in a thread without any commentary on what the fuck they mean?

Its like when people say "tone" when what they really mean is that they don't like that a show has wacky clowns infiltrating a movie studio one moment while in the next a teenage girl is overdosing on amphetamines. Even though that can work if people stop trying to settle into what they think a show should be and just go along with what the creators of the show are trying to do.
>>
>>87712831
Todd is only doing well because he's a possibly accidental meta commentary on people not maturing once they hit a certain point in their lives. He's a self insert for Aaron Paul, which tells you everything you need to know about how little the character will grow in coming seasons.
>>
>>87713668
Nahhhh Todd's character is just there for asexual awareness now
>>
>>87713782
No, he's there for manchild awareness.
>>
>>87711378
6 and 11 in particular both floored me. 2 and 12 were also really good. On the whole might be the best season of the series, but at least the best since S1.

>Why, I've got half a mind-
>>
>>87709737
those alliteration tongue twisters? hardly

bojack's wordplay isn't even good. the show is only funny when the characters are mean and selfish

which is often

which is why the show is good

Xavier's pun hurricanes wind? more like LOSE-d were godly and didn't care whether viewers could even discern them. bojack's tongue twisters 1) are neither funny nor aesthetically pleasing and 2) draw attention to themselves and seem desperate to impress the audience.
>>
>>87714167
Season 2 was more consistently good than 4, in my opinion. It didn't hit quite as hard but I felt that it had stronger themes overall and a lot better humor to provide contrast.
>>
>>87709737
every one of my liberal friends love this show. is this the next rick & morty?
>>
>>87714630
No, and kill yourself.
>>
File: 1503706169228.jpg (7KB, 250x214px) Image search: [Google]
1503706169228.jpg
7KB, 250x214px
who /ep6/ here
>>
>>87714925
I love the artstyle shift
>>
Can someone explain why the microwave at bojacks and the sink at Mr. Peanutbutters kitchens have fire/black/idk stains? I have a hunch its related to a small running joke or issue but i think i missed it
>>
>>87715195

Bojacks "daughter" made food that had foil in it and the microwave caught fire. Peanutbutter fracked under his house and fire came out of the faucet. Were you high when you watched the episodes or are you just retarded?
>>
>>87712974
>I can't stand this nonstop assault of le randumb humour.

Aren't most of the jokes simply applying different types of animals to typical LA daily lives? That's hardly randumb.
>>
>>87712865
It's Such a Beautiful Day
World of Tomorrow

Both by Don Hertzfeldt, "two times oscar loser" as he describes himself. You're welcome.
>>
>>87712761
I fucking love them. And it's even funnier when they make it a running gag like PC's tongue twisters in every episode.
>>
File: working for ma sheeeeeet.png (222KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
working for ma sheeeeeet.png
222KB, 500x380px
>that Princess Carolyne episode

why does this show want to hurt me
>>
File: 1417766428654.png (344KB, 504x627px) Image search: [Google]
1417766428654.png
344KB, 504x627px
>>87719312
>But then it's all... a lie?
>Yeah but it works for me

Mfw
>>
>>87715256
I binged while laying for bed. I have a habit of forgetting where i left off between nights
>>
>>87712742
Dementia seems scary as fuck to me, that's why I wouldn't want to live past 60
>>
> Try to remember what the fuck happened the on previous season
> After a while conclude that S1 only included Bojack partying and getting into hijinks because of it + him falling for Diane
>>
>you like foreign movies right? remember Amèlie?
>I said I like foreign FILMS

what did he mean by this
>>
> It's a Princess Catelyn episode
> Includes her breaking up with her boyfriend
>>
Is bojack the rick and morty of our generation ?
>>
File: 1498184465787.png (296KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1498184465787.png
296KB, 500x500px
>>87719853
>tfw I do the same thing but in my fantasy I am invited to a tv talk show and I am describing how I fixed my life and achieved all the amazing I have ever wished of accomplishing. People applaud me and respect me, and I have no more regrets. I then realise another day has gone by while I was living in my fantasies and all my problems have only gotten worse.

This show has made me realise I am seriously ill and I should seek help
>>
>>87721357
Reminded me of 2013 era /tv/
>>
>>87712974

I think the worst thing about the first episodes is you think they're just bombing you will of this "le randumb memes!" jokes and then every single one of them has a payoff by the end of the season or the next one. The continuity in this show is amazing.
>>
Honestly season 4 felt very adult, asexual stuff, dementia, depression, miscarriage, family matters and parent/child relationships etc. They did a great job with flashbacks and showing why Bojack's mom the way she is. Especially dementia episode was very well done.

That being said season 5 should be the last season, maybe just a maybe a season 6 but that'd require a lot of creative stuff, they may need to make peanutbutter different, show his other side etc. Diane and his arc this season wasnt so amazing.(first half was better for them)
I feel bad i finished all season in 3 days.
>>
>>87721475
more like 2011~2012 senpai
>>
>>87721514
I love the PB and Diane Arc this Season because it was a very realistic take on romance.
You can clearly tell that they are very much in love with each other, however love alone isn't enough to keep a relationship, let alone a marriage running.

Her Breakdown in Episode 12 really hit close to home, because I used to be in a similar relationship were we loved each other very much, but we were just to different as people to really make each other happy.
>>
>>87721514
I agree about the mature themes. This is the first season I would feel uncomfortable letting a 13-16 year old watch. Even the sexual stuff, which up until this season has been pretty tame, is way more explicit.

I think the lobotomy stuff felt like it took it just a smidge too far. It felt unnatural and like the writers were looking for a way to make Bojacks mother's backstory as dark as they possibly could. That being said, it was still well written. (Up until the flashback where the father specifically spells out "this is what a lobodomy is and what it does and how it works". It felt like I was suddenly being talked down to despite the rest of the season treating the audience like they should understand the subject matter from the start, which they should.)
>>
>>87721593
Was pre-bane /tv/ really that long ago? It feels like just yesterday

>The genuine arguments over who is more patritian and who is pleb
>The film/movie/flick debates
Take me back.
>>
>>87721645
You have to keep in mind that before the discovery of antipsychotics lobotomies and Insulin Shock Therpay were the go-to treatment options for psych patietns.
According to wikipedia close to 20.000 lobotomies were performed annualy, the inventor of the lobotomy even got a nobel price for it.
>>
>>87721645
>I think the lobotomy stuff felt like it took it just a smidge too far.

I thought the same until I read in /co/ that Bojack's grandfather is based on the Kennedy patriarch who did the same thing to his daughter, had her lobotomized. It's pretty dark but it happened.
>>
>>87721674
Those days we had some very patrician people around. Now they left because trolling plebs lost its appeal. This board now is retard central and I come here once in a while to waste time
>>
>>87721710
>>87721721
>20,000 annually
Wow, that is way more than I thought.

Yea, I guess that plot point makes a lot more sense with those kind of statistics.

>Received a Nobel prize for it
That's super unnerving.
>>
>>87721721
It was not that uncommon back then.
>>
>>87721818
I have been coming every day since then, but It's just a meme board now. Genuine discussion of good movies shows up every once and a while, but is now few and far between. And the new users see the memes as the standard. Golden age /tv/ is over.

I blame bane.
>>
Oh yes, also about lobotomy. That was good too, along with Bojack's dad being very afraid of showing emotions at first, then becoming an emotionless guy. Honestly, maybe in future they'll look at antidepressants the same too. Psych still isnt developed at all.
>>
>>87721862
This place has always been shit, anon. Don't fool yourself. Back then we tried to have some threads about some good filmmakers, but it would never ammount to actually good discussions. I would say that the best thing that came around those days was the irc channel on rizon. Besides that, it was at least funny to troll people because they weren't as pleb as they are now. I would agree that things got worse with baneposting, but they were never good to being with.
>>
>Don't blame yourself dear. If anyones to blame it's the jews for making Hitler so angry!
>>
>>87709737
why are you shilling this reddit-core
>>
Episode 7 gave me some heavy feels
>>
>>87712865
Moral Orel. It's actually why the show was cancelled and the last season cut shorter.
>>
>>87717783
It's Such a Beautiful Day is one of my all-time favorite movies
>>
>>87721823

You think that unnerving, look up the medical career of one Walter Freeman II, who directly or indirectly responsible for a large number of that 20,000. At one point he was dual wielding ice picks, two patients at the same time. Another time he killed a patient by pausing mid operation to pose for a photo.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.