[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can somebody explain The Eric Andre Show to me? I started watching

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1478037461261.jpg (47KB, 645x968px) Image search: [Google]
1478037461261.jpg
47KB, 645x968px
Can somebody explain The Eric Andre Show to me? I started watching it after having it recommended that it's actually deep and should be viewed like its an art installation or something. Apparently it has to do with surrealism and it's supposedly really smart, but I don't see it.

Please explain in a way that I can somebody (hopefully) impress girls about how much I know about art.
>>
It some black guy goofing around whule trying to keeo a straight face
>>
>>87673135
It can't really be just that right? I read the entire wikipedia page for surrealism. That shit was long too. I'm going to be pissed as fuck if I learned stupid shit for nothing.
>>
>>87673073
It's the anti talk show. Where as Carson set the gold standard for a week-nightly variety show where his job is to keep the guests happy and give them a platform to promote their careers, Andre dedicates himself to the opposite: making the guests uncomfortable and disregarding their career as a moot point. His man on the street segments aren't about finding regular people and baiting them to say something goofy to the amusement of a national audience, they're about him making himself out to be a character that's so disconcertingly absurd that regular people show genuine concern for him.
>>
File: 1505237653262.png (239KB, 340x386px) Image search: [Google]
1505237653262.png
239KB, 340x386px
>>87673073
Think about being trapped in a mild hell. One where you aren't actually in pain, just uncomfortable. How long can you stand this uncomfortable hell before you snap? Like, shoes are a bit too tight, light headache, need to pee a little bit, etc. The Eric Andre show is this hell. Comedy in this show is pure schadenfreude, but it plays with people's anxieties. All of the interviews you see are filmed over a really long time (4 or 5 hours) and the temperature is set to 90 F in the room. Everything you think you can trust or understand is eroded through non sequiturs, in a way similar to how Hot Ones does the interviews with the spicier wings. As the interviewee gets more and more uncomfortable, they express some truth about themselves and the facade falls off.
>>
>>87673346
perfectly laid out. well done anon
>>
It's just a silly show, don't listen to the pseudo intellectuals
>>
>>87673346
So are they supposed to be in a literal purgatory though? I keep seeing that a lot

I don't know if all the interactions are happening in this universe or it's all in the afterlife
>>
This is autism, its just some goofy guy who made an awkward show just like half of the other shit on adult swim, its funny, the only thing that has a deeper meaning that comes from adult swim is made by wham city comedy
>>
File: 1503729057688.jpg (162KB, 675x900px) Image search: [Google]
1503729057688.jpg
162KB, 675x900px
>>87673462
Its not a literally purgatory, just a social one. When guests first show up, things seem a little strange but nothing that causes them to outright refuse to conduct the interview. Stranger and stranger things start to happen over the course of this lengthy interview where the guests are made to experience immense discomfort. Maybe the smell of shit wafts into the room, and no one else reacts. A fully nude guy just walks through the stage. Some guy is hanging from hooks in his skin on the side of the stage. During this time, Eric asks them unexpected questions that have nearly nothing to do with their work or their life. Sometimes he asks really personal questions, or questions about recent tragedies. The show is a social purgatory for B-list celebrities who expect a plug and a paycheck.
>>
>>87673729
>The show is a social purgatory for B-list celebrities who expect a plug and a paycheck.
I'm sure there have been celebrities that he's interviewed that have walked out and refused to be shown afterwards.

What's really blowing my mind is how massive losers these "celebrities" are that did stay and sign whatever release that adult swim was allowed to show them and ruin their image

My biggest gripe so far is Hannibal Buress. I really like his stand up, but this seems like a shit stain on whatever career he couldve had.
>>
>>87673277
Thats it. He tries to act surreal and obscure with celebrity guest on his fake talk show. He basically makes a lot of incorrect references to pop culture and ask stupod questions to make the guest on his show uncomfortable. He basically does thr same shit in public but the people hes fucking with are unaware paid actors that know theyre on camera but under completely different assumptions so it makes it all legal.
The first few seasons are pretty funny but after a while it got old because i no longer get high since im in the military. You seriously, imo, have to be drunk or high to watch his show. If youre sober and you watch that shit then theres something wrong with you or youre a /v/eddit fag. Theres a reason why its only 15 minutes each episode airing Fridays at 12am.
>>
>>87673073
It's making fun of how pointless and stale celebrity talk shows are
>>
It's reddit lol-so-randumb shit with le based nigger host
>>
>>87673851
According to Eric only like 2 or 3 guests have walked off

Hannibal is a great co-host, fuck off
>>
>>87673851
obviously they sign the release beforehand
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.