[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

17 MCU movies later, is the genre in better or worse shape after them?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10

File: 1497745579754.jpg (267KB, 1050x704px) Image search: [Google]
1497745579754.jpg
267KB, 1050x704px
17 MCU movies later, is the genre in better or worse shape after them?
>>
>>87671649
We have more quips and sequel bait and less morals and actual stories. Take a guess.
>>
>>87671722
And we've actually regressed in the actual technical aspects vastly. These new MCU movies look like garbage compared to Raimi.
>>
>>87671817
That too. So objectively worse off.
>>
>>87671817
>>87671722
>>87671900
DCucks on suicide alert. Yaaaas Queen is the only one who can save you now.
>>
>>87672076
Imagine eating this much Disney shit this is your immediate response? No wonder Feige keeps fucking you in the ass when all you can scream is d-dcuck.
>>
File: homecumming.png (18KB, 599x253px) Image search: [Google]
homecumming.png
18KB, 599x253px
>>87671817
>raimifags on suicide watch
>>
>>87672132
I'm glad you've moved past the denial phase and are experiencing anger. It's okay, grief is a long process, but you'll get there buddy.
>>
>>87672178
Good goy, good. Keep obsess over box office numbers as we rape your series harder and harder. How can it be bad when it makes money for us the Disney executives???

Doubt mouseshills have any free independent thinking at all at this rate.
>>
I rewatched CA:TFA then civil war and the level of storytelling has dropped to 0. It's all manufactured conflicts that have already existed in the other films with nothing new to add. I'm sure the next films will dismiss this by just adding more characters but regurgitating the same tired plots
>>
>>87672227
See this is exactly the fanboy attitude to why Feige gets away rehashing Iron Man for the 15th time but with more kid friendly quips. Fucktards like you enable him to fuck you over.
>>
>>87672255
>as we rape your series harder and harder
wat

>How can it be bad when it makes money for us the Disney executives?
It's a Sony movie.
>>
>>87671649
>barely distinguishable

>mocks 'fanboy' attention spans

ironic
>>
>>87671649
I disagree with the premise in the OP that the Marvel films are barely distinguishable; on the contrary I find that there is a pretty diverse docket of films within the MCU. Whether or not those films are good is a separate question; it's undeniable, however, that many of the films are quite different to one another. Compare GotG 2 and Spider-Man: Homecoming - those are two distinct films, no two ways about it.

>Is the genre in better or worse shape after them?
I would say all in all it's in better shape. While I still contend that the top 3 superhero movies of all time are all non-MCU films that all predated the MCU (Spider-Man 2, The Dark Knight, Watchmen in no particular order), the consistency at which Marvel has been able to deliver pretty good to great movies (I'd say the MCU in general averages out to a B or B+ grade with only maybe two movies dropping to a C or C+) far outpaces the rest of the genre pre-MCU. Just think about all the shit superhero movies that came out in the early 2000s. That basically every superhero movie of the last 9 years has been good in large part because of the MCU's success is a miracle in comparison to where the genre was before.
>>
>>87672295
>people who consume media they enjoy are being fucked over
>>
>>87672295
What are you talking about? Winter Soldier was a political thriller, GotG was a space opera, Ant-Man was a heist movie, Thor was high fantasy, Doctor Strange was a supernatural thriller, and The First Avenger was a WWII period piece.

Dear God, it's like you know nothing about kino.
>>
>>87672369
You don't get it anon. If the movie has a quippy protagonist who overcomes a villain in the third act then that means it's an Iron Man rip-off.
>>
File: feige.jpg (57KB, 521x733px) Image search: [Google]
feige.jpg
57KB, 521x733px
>>87671649
He looks like a serial rapist
>>
File: 1497939946257.jpg (423KB, 1860x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1497939946257.jpg
423KB, 1860x1400px
>>87672415
>Winter Soldier was a political thriller
Oh God

>Doctor Strange was a supernatural thriller,
OH GOD

>The First Avenger was a WWII period piece.
**inhales*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>87672415
Yeah, and that the single thing that differes the movies from each other, other than that they are totally bland and look a like.
>>
Superhero movies as a whole are nothing more than mindless blockbuster entertainment and that includes Raimi's spidey movies. They've gotten worse but they weren't great to begin with.
>>
>>87672293
The whole premise was so weak and stupid it just reeked of "ok we need something to compete with BvS" all over the place.

In the airport scene, there's simply no way any of these superheroes intended any of their rockets and death punches to land. Because none of them were killing to kill the other yet they fought like they wanted to hoping entirely on their enemy doing a last second dodge.

Reminds me of when Spidey and Bucky try to kill each other (despite barely knowing each other) but of course both do last second dodges as the other guy wanted and nobody has to get hurt. I wonder what would've happened if they didn't dodge every death trap. Would Spidey have been ok with smashing Bucky's skull in with a metal piece?
>>
File: mister doctor.webm (3MB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
mister doctor.webm
3MB, 1920x800px
>>87672369
Marvel is consistent alright, consistently shit. It has become so formualic and predictable I sometimes wonder I why I even watched Dr Strange where I could just rewatch Iron Man 1 instead and save myself the shit CGI and quips.

There is no variety at Marvel anymore. Fox is doing way better Marvel than actual Marvel.
>>
File: doctor strange christine.webm (3MB, 576x240px) Image search: [Google]
doctor strange christine.webm
3MB, 576x240px
>>
>>87672525

The entire premise of Civil War is idiotic to begin with.

Cap apparently wants free sanction to go wherever he wants globally and engage in firefights over intelligence only he is privy to.
And when confronted with that he makes some kind of hurt bitch face and vows not to stop (?!)

Not only that but he then apparently goes off the grid in order to protect a serial assassin who can manhandle literally whatever you throw at him and can be triggered to kill anyone with a random word.

And Cap is supposed to be the canon good guy in this entire equation.

Also we know Tony is a decent guy from his own movies but then in these crossover situations he turns into a massive dick literally talking shit to anyone within hearing range, again for no particular reason.
>>
>>87672747
And yet while I side more with Tony too, the majority of the audience seems to side with Cap.
>>
>>87671649
The comics are worse off (from a quality standpoint, idk about money situation).
>>
>>87672747
>Cap apparently wants free sanction to go wherever he wants globally and engage in firefights over intelligence only he is privy to.
>And when confronted with that he makes some kind of hurt bitch face and vows not to stop (?!)
Ironically, in the Marvel Renaissance era, that's what Iron Man used to do.
>>
>>87672747
Steve's rationale - informed by his experiences with SHIELD - are that no governmental agency can be trusted to make his ethical decisions for him.
>>
>>87672415
That's like saying every m&m tastes different based the color of it's shell.
>>
>>87673064
How are they the same?
>>
>>87673064
Please explain how Winter Solider and Guardians of the Galaxy are the same movie.
>>
File: 280px-Plain-M&Ms-Pile.jpg (33KB, 280x212px) Image search: [Google]
280px-Plain-M&Ms-Pile.jpg
33KB, 280x212px
>>87673120
lol?
>>
>>87673166
Not M&Ms you fucking stastic.
>>
>>87672747
This is the hilarious part. Cap America is using fucking ISIS rhetoric to pull his shit and we're supposed to believe Tony is the bad guy. Hold on here, Tony wants to make Avengers abide by rules. Not just some rogue nation doing whatever the fuck it pleases, including almost destroying Earth in Age of Ultron.

Cap America is a huge cunt who always thinks he's right because he is Cap America and he doesnt' seem to be able to think longer than two seconds to consider the mere possibility that his right might very well be someone else's wrong.

Like I said, fucking ISIS rhetoric right there, thinking himself inherently righteous and above laws of the world.
>>
https://archive.4plebs.org/_/search/filename/1497745579754/

I don't get why some foreigner who likes repeating the same posts/threads doesn't like movies that do the same
>>
>>87673203
>and we're supposed to believe Tony is the bad guy
Well you're not, it's just that most people seem to.
>>
File: united nations-skull.jpg (31KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
united nations-skull.jpg
31KB, 500x330px
>>87672747

What kind of faggot would side with the (((United Nations))) against Captain America?
>>
>>87673203
Ironman enters middle east using his advanced cyber tech to exterminate a group of foreign "terrorists" an unsanctioned military action resulting in a body count of upwards of 20 men

CAP WE HAVE TO BE PUT IN CHECK...no excuse me while I tinker with this alien artifact and it's property secrets for my own, OH FUCK I CREATED A WORLD ENDING AI OOOOOPS.

Tony would already be in jail if actually followed through with any of that shit he says.
>>
>>87673320
Steven should've thrown Tony in jail after Ultron but since they're buddies, crimes don't matter and they can go on quip about that time they almost killed all of mankind.
>>
>>87672132
t. actual dcuck

kek
>>
File: Mutant X #031 - 14.jpg (180KB, 977x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Mutant X #031 - 14.jpg
180KB, 977x1500px
>>87673203

The one thing people tend to forget is that the super soldier serum not only amplifies the physical body, but it also amplifies a person's mental beliefs. It affects their MIND. Cap went from being a guy with a generally good moral foundation to FANATICALLY uncompromising in his beliefs. We're just lucky he's on the good guy's team.

The government said the serum affects the mind in the 1st Incredible Hulk movie so they shut down the program. In the Hulk movie, Abomination went from a guy who loves a good fight to someone who would sacrifice everything for a chance to kill the Hulk. He went insane.

In the 1st Captain America Movie the creator of the serum was hesitant to give the serum to anyone who had any negative traits. "It makes good men great, and bad men terrible". In Winter Soldier/Civil War, Hydra used the serum on their elite Death Squad and created super soldiers so dangerous they could barely control them so they put them on ice.

Hell, in the comics, it's been stated plenty times that the mental side-effects of the super soldier serum make it too dangerous for mass production. It's too unpredictable. Everytime they try it, they mess it up and create a psycho. The government got somewhat lucky with Steve as the first and only (somewhat) stable super soldier.

Yet, every time I bring this fact up, Cap fans argue that Steve is too virtuous to be affected by the serum so his mental judgement is perfect.
>>
>>87673203
god you are stupid
>>
>>87673741

Did anyone else pay attention to the Ultron movie? The evil mind of Ultron was ALREADY in Loki's staff from the beginning. Hydra then messed with the staff for a few years some more making it worse, and unstable. Tony and Banner just studied the staff hoping to learn more about what was inside it.

When Tony and Banner weren't looking, it's evil mind jumped from the staff into the Avenger's computers. Even Tony said they weren't even remotely close to copying it. But Captain America was like "NO. it's your fault Tony. You totally created it. You are da father."

I have no idea why everyone blames only Tony.
>>
>>87672178
>Spider Man 3 was the highest worldwide
But why
>>
>>87672747
>>87672805
>>87673203

can no one empathise with Cap in terms of this >>87672993
?
>>
>>87675512
Inflation + success and quality of prior two films.
>>
>>87675606
He's reckless if he believes no government agency can be trusted.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.