[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who is unironically the best actor working right now? Serious

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: 20170912_175550.jpg (573KB, 1035x733px) Image search: [Google]
20170912_175550.jpg
573KB, 1035x733px
Who is unironically the best actor working right now? Serious question.
>>
does tommy lee jones still make movies? tommy lee jones.
>>
kill yourself fucking pedophile retard
>>
>>87659930
Patrick Wilson
>>
>>87659930
I dunno if hes the best but denzel washington is great. hes black tho so people will probably disagree
>>
>>87659930
Probably Joaquin Phoenix.

>>87659995
I've liked him in everything I've seen him in, but I feel like he plays very similar characters.
>>
File: icon.jpg (4KB, 289x174px) Image search: [Google]
icon.jpg
4KB, 289x174px
For me, it's Joaquin Phoenix.

Generational talent let down by the unambitious lack of creative scripts in this era. Should win a couple of Academy Awards before his time is up. Still fairly young.
>>
>>87659930
Ryan Reynolds
>>
File: kino.jpg (88KB, 701x468px) Image search: [Google]
kino.jpg
88KB, 701x468px
>>87659930
Bring PSH back, please.
>>
If we're talking about living English-language actors under the age of 70, I always go back to the same five people:

Viola Davis
Michael Fassbender
Mark Rylance
Michael Shannon
Kristen Stewart
>>
>>87659930

After seeing Nightcrawler recently, both Jake Gyllenhall and Riz Ahmed.
>>
>>87660237
that almost guarantees you have a bad memory to say that. it implies that you only remember the film you last saw and the actors who were in it
>>
Eva Green could be the best actress alive be she was fucked (literally) by Tim Burton.
>>
>>87660237

Riz is surprisingly an excellent actor. I could easily see him being the first brown person to win an Oscar, probably for Best Supporting. He's got that truly rare chameleonesque ability, that he can transition into a role, and play anyone anywhere on the sanity scale. He's a poorfag who got into Oxford and Drama School, a great classical training, and a urban edge. I'm a big fan of this guy, one of the best British actors to come out in recent years no doubt.

>>87660146
i haven't seen anything K-Stew's in, but the other 4 are top tier, no doubt. is this bait ? are you a twilight fan ?
>>
>>87659930
Michael Shannon
>>
Jake Gyllenhaal
>>
>>87659930
Unironically, Brett Dalton in Agents of SHIELD. He got the shittiest role(s) possible and still managed to make it work.

It's too bad he ended up in a show with godawful writing.
>>
>>87660371
She is one role actress.
>>
>>87660391
He's brilliant in The Night Of too.
>>
>>87660431
Literally the only thing that kept me watching the show was the chance of him being brought back into the plot proper.
>>
>>87659930
Michael Fassbender

Daniel Day Lewis retired
>>
Christian Bale is in nothing but kino
>>
>>87660391
It isn't bait. Watch Clouds of Sils Maria, Personal Shopper or Certain Women if you want to see a masterclass in nuanced, internalised acting.
>>
Cillian Murphy is good
>>
>>87660391
Also
>first brown person to win an Oscar
Ben Kingsley would like a word...
>>
Jake Gyllenhaal
>>
>>87660146
>Kristen Stewart

She is legit terrible
>>
File: wew.gif (2MB, 245x320px) Image search: [Google]
wew.gif
2MB, 245x320px
>>87660391
>>87660956
Imagine having this much shit taste. She's the best 20-something year old actress out right now.
>>
>>87660751
>personal shopper
>nuanced, internalised acting
just no
>>
>>87661056
Why can't you just call her your waifu like everyone else, pretending she's an amazing actor is just embarrassing.
>>
File: gosling.jpg (25KB, 250x372px) Image search: [Google]
gosling.jpg
25KB, 250x372px
The Goose
>>
>>87660803
>Ben Kingsley
>Brown

thought he was 1/4 brown, riz is full blood
>>
Cillian, I wish he was in more leading roles where he can really show his ability.

Like Peaky Blinders
>>
>>87661058
But that's exactly what it is, Anon.
>>
>>87661125
I'm so frustrated with the Gooseman.
He hardly ever takes on films that are challenging for him.
Lars... was great, sure Drive was great,
The Place Beyond The Pines, was great with his part in mind.
He just needs better screenplays.
>>
What is your endgame OP? Always David Mazouz as the pic with an unrelated topic accompanying it. For two years now.
>>
Tilda Swinton
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.