[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Film Criticism should be at least 50% Conservative

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 2

File: armond-white.jpg (79KB, 500x747px) Image search: [Google]
armond-white.jpg
79KB, 500x747px
>movies with liberal values getting artificially higher ratings because the critic is "down with the cause"
>Rotten Tomatoes is filled with critics who will give any "progressive movie" a fresh score.
>Every movie with neutral, indifferent or conservative values gets the full brunt of the critic's critical response
>Despite Liberals being the minority throughout the world, the overwhelming majority of film critics are liberal.
>If publications wanted to be objective and balanced, they would hire 1 fulltime Liberal film critic and 1 fulltime Conservative critic and make them publish their reviews simultaneously, but of course this doesn't happen.

Any Conservative film critics other than this gay black man?

We need more Conservative film critics if we are to be more objective about rating movies.
>>
God damn you sound like a huge faggot
>>
>Hollywood is ran by kikes
>news outlets are ran by kikes
>there's somehow a convergence between the two
wow
>>
>>87642794
t. Reddit
>>
>>87642794
Libertarian detected.
>>
>>87642753
There's a reason the entertainment industry and all forms of media are mostly dominated by liberals.

Liberals are far more in touch with their creative side, their ability to tap into their childlike instincts is what makes great art. Conservatives however, lack this connection, they are jaded and full of rage, unable to create anything of real value.

The only thing of worth conservatives can do is running a business, which suits them perfectly as its a world dominated by screwing people over.
>>
>>87642753
Anything that involves arts and creativity is liberal. Find a new hobby
>>
>>87642753
I don't know about mandating specific political biases, but I would support a social movement to remove
>raises important social issues
>socially relevant
>progressive
etc. as legitimate positive criticisms for a movie. I bet it would do well these days.
>>
>>87643857
>their ability to tap into their childlike instincts is what makes great art

Great art is not made by children.
>>
>>87642753
>Film Criticism should be at least 50% Conservative
Film criticism should be apolitical, except for films that take a side. Ignore faggots who make everything about their holy war
>>
>>87643941
>Film criticism should be apolitical,

This will never happen. Which is why having every publication have 1 Conservative critic and 1 Liberal critic makes more sense.
>>
>>87643978
Sounds pretty retarded to me. And it's not like there is a quota to be filled up, if you are a conservative person and want to be a critic, you sure can no one will stop you.
>>
>>87642753
>If publications wanted to be objective and balanced, they would hire 1 fulltime Liberal film critic and 1 fulltime Conservative critic and make them publish their reviews simultaneously

If they did this, most people would ignore the Liberal critic and go for the Conservative critic only.

Normal people know to avoid these liberal nutjobs.

Publications want to push liberalism onto people. They shut down anything that is remotely conservative so they can continue pushing their agenda.
>>
>>87643941
I am pretty sure there are people out there that review films on technical merits rather than political messages. Just don't give a fuck about the general consensus that is influenced by political reviewers, I know I don't
>>
>>87643978
>>87644072
Why not just develop a basic standard of objectivity so people can't pretend that "raising awareness of important progressive social issues" doesn't qualify something for an award?

People listen to critics now less than they ever have.
>>
>>87644072
>And it's not like there is a quota to be filled up

Yet the same publications have hiring quotas for race and sex.
>>
>>87644119
>When you reply to your own post
I meant to reply to you >>87643978
>>
>>87642753
It's almost like the people who review movies want insider status and advancement in their careers so they kiss the ass of Hollywood to stay in their good graces.
>>
>>87644139
>Why not just develop a basic standard of objectivity so people can't pretend that "raising awareness of important progressive social issues" doesn't qualify something for an award?

Because liberals would never allow this to happen. The industry wants to push these things onto the public, even at a profit loss.
>>
>>87644139
This whole post is fucked up, I'm not going to try to correct myself, I'm going to bed. Night.
>>
>>87643927
childlike, not literal childs
>>
Movie reviews are opinions. You should really be able to come up with your own opinion of a movie without relying on other people to tell you whether you should like it.
>>
Name some poorly made films that have been praised by critics simply for having progressive values. I don't think this is an issue at all. You're just looking for things to be outraged by.
>>
>>87643941
Films are political, even if you personally choose to believe ideology doesn't exist.
>>
Alternatively you can just start your own conservative movie review site which doesnt value liberal views like creativity and human rights
>>
>>87642753

As it's already been stated, cuckservatives can't into art.
>>
>>87643862
Yeah except you didn't used to have to believe in 986 different genders to be considered liberal.

>hmm I don't know, those antifa guys seem about as bad as those neonazis
>holy shit you're alt right!
>>
>>87644341
Ghostbusters, Elysium, that one gay black movie
>>
>>87644357
Films can be political. Not every movie is political.
>>
>>87644357
ideology exists, it's just not always black and white to divide them into liberal and conservative. On that matter, OP's idea is dumb to begin with.
>>
>>87644357
How can an artform be entirely political? If I take a guitar, strum some random 4 chord pattern and whistle over it, what's my political agenda behind it? Sure it's a shit generic song, but it still is entirely apolitical.
Yes you can argue that everyone "subconsciously" pushes their views in their work, but I doubt you can find any political view in for example most surrealist films.
>>
>>87644441
That never happened so what are you even going on about
>>
>>87644449
Both Elysium and Ghostbusters have an average critic rating of 6.5/10 on RT and even lower rating if you take only the Top Critic ratings. I would hardly call those films "praised" by the critics
>>
>>87644341

This. /pol/= the new SJWs
>>
>>87642753
The only movie that i can think of that got away with being shitty because it had the right politics is Ghostbusters.
Critics gave that pile of dogshit a pass because of muh harassment and muh feminism.
>>
>>87644449
You'd think that liberals wouldn't like Elysium because it's a communist movie where the villains are liberals.
>>
>>87644543
They briefly tried to "praise" Ghostbusters right when it came up and then pussed out at the last minute. Probably because people were starting to realize that critics' opinions and the public's opinions were diverging.

Oh, also, anything televised or filmed involving Amy Schumer.
>>
>>87644472
>If I take a guitar, strum some random 4 chord pattern and whistle over it
That's not comparable to film, not even to a short film.
>>
>>87644341
>Name some poorly made films that have been praised by critics simply for having progressive values.

Ghostbusters, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, anything with explicit liberal messaging has a grossly exaggerated score on RT.
>>
>Film Criticism before: Weigh the pros and cons of each film and give a balanced opinion for general film going audience.
>Film Criticism now: BEST MOVIE EVAR! EVERYONE AGREES WITH ME! LOGAN IS A CLASSIC LIKE GODFATHER!
>>
>>87644587
Libs see Elysium as a story of a working man trying to get medicine, not whatever politics you're peddling
>>
>>87644619
A short film can be someone filming picturesque meadows for 10 minutes and that's it. What's the political agenda behind that?
>>
>>87644427
"Human rights" is a metaphysical, religious concept.
>>
>>87644627
I think the TFA praise had more to do with hype than politics.
Even RLM gave that shit a free pass.
>>
>>87644647
>Libs see Elysium as a story of a working man trying to get medicine

Libs were upset that Matt Damon was cast instead of a Latino you deluded fag. And that the message wasn't subtle enough.
>>
>>87644627
As I've said, Ghostbusters has a 6.5/10 rating on RT and an even lower rating if you take only the Top Critics into account.
TFA has a grossly exaggerated score on RT yes, but that's mainly because of Disney, the film could've been a shit on screen for 2 hours and ratings wouldn't change at all.
>>
>>87644671
Idealisation of the countryside? That's a hypothetical example, though. People tend to put more content into real short films unless they're being pretentious asshats and being a pretentious asshat is most definitely a political thing.
>>
File: 91bzhA+OgaL._RI_.jpg (519KB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
91bzhA+OgaL._RI_.jpg
519KB, 1920x2560px
Remember when Liberals creamed themselves all over this movie and called it a modern masterpiece while every normal person called it masturbatory feminist propaganda disguised as art?
>>
>>87644745
You are using "political" way too loosely, it has nothing to do with the matter that is being discussed rn and you are trying to make an argument out of a wordplay to be honest.
>>
>>87644647
>as a story of a working man trying to get medicine
He briefly considered preventing a full scale revolution by the poor workers, so that he could cure his radiation poisoning and get his job back at the plant that manufactures those robot guards that beat him up earlier.
>>
>>87644700
Can you even prove people believe this or are you going to link some clickbait article? Who's the delusional one here
>>
>>87644700
But in the movie the casting meant that a white guy had to die so the brown people could be saved. Don't liberals celebrate the death of whites?
>>
>>87644782
People outside of the internet thought it was okay
>>
>>87643927
It's not made by old white men either, sweetie.
>>
>>87644947
Not until a full mayocide is in effect.
>>
>>87644554
>/pol/= the new SJWs

this is such a pathetic meme
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.