[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why does jerry bauman keep tricking me in to watching his

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: Lake_Mungo_Official_Poster.jpg (17KB, 220x316px) Image search: [Google]
Lake_Mungo_Official_Poster.jpg
17KB, 220x316px
why does jerry bauman keep tricking me in to watching his boring horror flicks?
>>
>>87634001
the move had one scare and it wasn't even scary
>>
>>87635201
I got scared
>>
Maybe he's testing if anybody is paying attention. Lake Mungo was fucking bad.
>>
>>87634001
wasn't super scary had 2 scenes that spooked me a bit. But it was an interesting watch and one of the better fake documentary movies.
>>
>>87634001
>>87635201
Contender for best horror flick of the decade no joke.
>>87635201
>>87636732
It's eerie as FUCK and keeps you thinking about it long after the movie is over. Compared to 90% of other 'horror' movies where the premise doesn't go beyond "it was a ghost lol".
>>
not enough jumpscares?
>>
this movie doesn't make sense
>>
>>87638185
Why
>>
>>87638350
How does she see get a video of herself dead while she's still alive
>>
>>87638600
time isn't linear when you're a ghost
>>
>>87638600
ghosts aren't real
>>
Savagelands and The Bay were good fauxmentaries
>>
>>87638600

Are you full-blown retarded or am I being trolled? I'm just going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume I'm the retarded one.
>>
>>87634001
lmao I watched it last night
Yeah I thought that having the son fake the pictures was a decent way of avoiding being a total cliche, but then there was zero tension for like the middle 45 minutes of the movie. As meditation on grief or whatever it pretty shallow, and while the last twenty minutes or say scared me, it definitely won't stick with me as anything particularly special
>>87636801
>It's eerie as FUCK and keeps you thinking about it long after the movie is over. Compared to 90% of other 'horror' movies where the premise doesn't go beyond "it was a ghost lol".
I mean sure the premise isn't totally unoriginal but it's more sad than scary. It won't stick with me anyway
>>87638059
I don't really see how zooming in on a shadowy figure on a shoddy video and then holding the shot for like 20 second while having spoopy music get more and more intense is less cheap than jump scares. A creepy image will scare me more than any jumpscare, it's just that the ones in this film weren't that good
>>
>>87638600
That's the crux of the movie.
It could have simply been an artifact of the video, someone she really saw walking out there in the dunes at night that bore a resemblance to her, or it actually WAS a premonition of her own death.
If what was contained in the video was really a premonition of her death, then it serves as hard evidence that proves there is something 'more' than what we know about life and death.

Sometimes you get the feeling someone is watching you. Sometimes you get the feeling something bad is about to happen. And in some cases rarer still you can even anticipate your own death.
In any case what makes the movie so eerie and creepy is the imagery of her looming future racing to meet her in a predestined place, an inevitable fate with no chance of escape.

It's basically The Appointment at Samarra and The Signalman rolled into with a modern twist.
>>
>>87638659
Doesn't she drown at the start of an movie in the different place to where they find the phone?
>>
>>87638776
>sad than scary
It's sad for a about half an hour until you start thinking about the implications. If she really saw and captured a premonition of her own death it opens a door to an entire realm of possibility of the unknown.
This is fear of the unknown done right.
>>
>>87638904
This is the most sensible explanation I've seen so far. But if you're looking at it as a premonition why the fuck would she see a drowned version of herself and still decide to go swimming however long later that leads to her dying? Seems dumb as fuck to me
>>
>>87638987
eh I guess
I scare easily and can be left thinking about horror films for years after seeing them, but this did nothing for me. I thought it was an engaging film, just not that scary
>>
>It's a Jay recommends some boring shit movie episode

I've been there before lad.
>>
>>87638962
How can anyone be this much of a logic fag
It's like arguing with dogfucker
>>
>>87639018
Because of the idea that you can't escape your fate, which is the moral of The Appointment at Samarra.

So you see a premonition of yourself drown so you never go to a swimming pool or beach. One day you're taking a bath, slip and fall and land face first unconscious and drown. You can maybe avoid your fate for several decades but it's going to get you eventually in an unexpected way.
>>
>it's a brainlet pinheads hate Lake Mungo thread

psychological horror is 100x more scary than cosmetic horror
>>
>>87639756
I agree, I just don't think Lake Mungo is a very good psychological horror movie
No need to call me a brainless pinhead
>>
>>87639935
>psychological horror

AKA nothing happens
>>
Had some interesting bits, the neighbor hiding in the house was creepy and the final shot of the deformed face was good, but overall the pacing was such that I couldn't get into it.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.