[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the poor man's Mad Men.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

This is the poor man's Mad Men.
>>
>>87610078
>Yes.
Didn't showtime have an offer to host mad men but turn it down?
>>
File: 1497904402147.jpg (148KB, 1919x1079px) Image search: [Google]
1497904402147.jpg
148KB, 1919x1079px
>>87610078
Californication is the more enjoyable watch and has more heart than Made Men. People may have watched it for the TnA, but there was something underneath it all.
>>
>>87610207
I'm happy that never happened
The last thing mad men needed was 5 minute sex scenes every single episode
>>
They don't have anything in common. Having a "cool" protagonist doesn't make them the same.
>>
Californication was god tier for first 2 seasons then it became worse and worse with each season
>>
>>87610863
This. The arc with him and his ex wife just needed to fucking end. "I'm a fuckup that's going to chat on you but I love you" shtick only goes so fucking far. Bald guys wife voiced bobby hill which was kind of cool though
>>
>>87610078
OP is the poor man's good thread starter.
>>
>>87610078
Wrong.

>Hank Moody was nothing like Don Draper. >Hank Moody was a man child.
>Who avoided work and responsibility like he avoided sobriety and celibacy.
>Throughout the entire series, "celebrities" who have it all, $, women, fame, show up and he slowly realizes how fake it all is.
>Series had some great music in it.
>Should have ended after 4 seasons.
>Season rankings 1,3,2,4,6,5, and 7.

>1,3, and 2 are very well written.
>4 was him mostly on trial, but still had decent writing.
>6 - Faith is the only thing good about this season
>5,7 - shit tier.
>>
>>87611882
What? Despite several serious issues with the writing 5 was okay and 7 at least tried. even if everything about Hank's son was terrible. 6 was awful, awful, bottom of the barrel tier shit and Faith is a huge part of that
>>
>>87610078
>mad men airs on a network anyone with a basic cable subscription can watch
>californication airs on a premium network that requires an additional expensive cable subscription
>californication is the poor man's mad men

??? Do words just not have any meaning anymore?
>>
>>87612594
I agree with you, but in my opinion it should of ended season 6 with him knocking on the door. I really wish they ran with David Duchovny idea to kill hank in the end though. Would of been a real send off to the show and character.
>>
>>87613451
>would of
It's "have", anon. "Would have".
>>
>>87610078
It was a fantastic show until after the 3rd or 4th season then it took a sharp nose dive into almost unwatchable territories
>>
>>87610356
>there was something underneath it all.
A zombified corpse of a show that should have ended 3 seasons earlier than it actually did?
>>
>>87612763
He's talking about the quality of the show autismo.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.