[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Godzilla 2 is being written and directed by Michael Dougherty,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (47KB, 506x759px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
47KB, 506x759px
>Godzilla 2 is being written and directed by Michael Dougherty, the visionary behind classic films such as
>Super Man Returns
>Krampus
>X-Men Apocalypse
Why the fuck did they hand the reigns of the most important movie in this rising franchise over to this fucking nobody? I know /tv/ didn't like Godzilla(2014) and and Skull Island, but Kaijushit is ten times better than Capeshit in my book. I can't be the only one.
>God
>Help
>Us
>All
>>
People will watch it no matter who they cast or who directs it. So go the cheapest route and make the most money back. Maybe the movie will actually be about Godzilla
>>
>>87607230
>Why the fuck did they hand the reigns of the most important movie in this rising franchise over to this fucking nobody?
lol are you new to this? studios want project managers they can steer, yes men.
Don't expect this movie to be a display of a singular and cohesive artistic vision, just accounting put on screen.
>>
>>87607294
>>87607331
This is unfortunately completely true, no one's out to make some kind fun, timeless piece of entertainment out of the good of their hearts, some fuckers got movie rights and are milking nostalgia/nerd culture hype while the cinematic universe fad is still alive. None of the people involved actually care apart from maybe the puppet director who is merely placated by being able to 'work' on the project at all. I really hate being so cynical, but I feel like I'm given no choice anymore, because Skull Island only existed for its after-credits scene.
>>
>>87607230
>caring about an American Kaiju movie

There's your problem, OP.
>>
>>87607294
>People will watch it no matter who they cast or who directs it
Literally me
>>
does it really matter, it's just a monster movie
>>
>>87607230
He was the writer for X-men 2, and wrote and directed Trick r' Treat. Guy has a good track record with only a few blunders. Writing a good Godzilla movie really shouldn't be that hard.
>>
>>87608172
monster kino don't just make themselves
>>
Michael Dougherty is a fine director and I'm excited to see what he does with my dude Godzilla. Did he write X-Men Apocalypse and Superman Returns? Sure, but he also wrote X-2 and directed Trick 'r' Treat and Krampus.

It'll be okay, man. Relax. If anything you should be more worried about the Godzilla VS Kong film being helmed by Wingard.
>>
>>87607230
>nobody liked skull island
speak for yourself faggot
>>
>leaving out Trick R Treat

hello plebbit
>>
>>87607230
What's wrong with Krampus? Please don't use the word Reddit to try and describe why the movie is bad.
>>
>>87608330
>nobody with an IQ above 80 or standards for entertainment liked skull island
there, that should make you a bit less angry
>>
>>87608330
this. Definitely better than Godzilla 2014
>>
should have been michael bay, that way the movie would atleast be watchable.
>>
They should have got based Kino God Snyder to direct
>>
>>87608521
What's it like having such shit taste?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.