[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Both version were good. Curry's version is definitely more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

Both version were good. Curry's version is definitely more likable and entertaining, but Skarsbladds version is creepier and more disturbing.
>>
ICP and IT
>>
>>87568117
Well you got to remember the original miniseries aired on ABC during primetime, the movie was rated-R
>>
POP POP POP
>>
New one was trying way to hard
>>
>>87568117
New one was better
>>
For how much longer must we put up with this shilling?
>>
File: latest-3.jpg (79KB, 716x768px) Image search: [Google]
latest-3.jpg
79KB, 716x768px
>>87568117
>Skarsbladds
>>
>>87568117
original design looks creepy
remake design looks "cool" and with style

Remake makes him less scary but more serious
original is scarier and believable in a real world.
>>
Why are there so many threads about this fucking thing?
>>
>>87568374
Because it is currently the biggest movie in the world?
>>
>>87568374
>Thing
*It
>>
>>87568200
Fuck Icp buy my cd
>>
>>87568240

This. The new one has edge written all over it and doesn't even try to make it seem like a "real" clown. Except maybe for the scene with Georgie but even then, his overacting gives it away.
Curry on the other hand had way too much fun and wasn't very threatening.
>>
>>87568681
At no point in the book, miniseries, or movie was he ever supposed to come across like a "real" clown, so that's pretty irrelevant.
>>
>>87568681
>overacting
>Curry on the other hand

Fuck off, anon.
>>
>>87568374
Biggest movie out right now and most people seem to like it
>>
File: beep beep richie.png (2MB, 1080x1332px) Image search: [Google]
beep beep richie.png
2MB, 1080x1332px
Skargard version is pretty likable too, everytime he comes on screen I just get sucked into his performance, I just wished there's more of him.
When he talked about going back to sleep and let the kids grow I really felt like he was some kind of immortal being
>>
>>87568737
Let's pretend for a moment that we're not spergs like you that dissect every bit of the source material when a translation to another media comes out, and that we're off to see a horror movie about a clown that interacts with children. That would be pretty relevant. We're not supposed to know he's an eldritch abomination from the minute he starst talking.
That's also the whole point of the design he got in the miniseries, and don't even try to prove me wrong cause you can't.,
>>
They were both pretty good in that neither played their role too seriously like some hack might have; they both acted goofy and had fun with their roles and it showed.
>>
This. The soul of this movie on one scene more than ALL soul of new edge movie!!!!!
>>
>>87569011
It's not a real clown you fucking idiot its a cosmic deity using a clown form as a PUPPET.
>>
They were both good in their respective iterations. Skarsgard didn't try be Tim Curry and that made me happy
>>
>>87569525
I KNOW, you cocksucker. What's the point of the "puppet" then? Would you dress as a sheep without bothering to hide the fangs? Speaking of which, you're the kind of guy that would have liked this movie better if the clown had his 6 rows of teeth out all the time.
>>
>>87568117
>it's a /tv/ shill episode
>>
>>87568117
Honest opinion, both movies are great. I enjoyed the small nods to the older one. This is really a case where they still both suck compared to the book, which I read twice in prison but it is hard to cram 400 pages of immersion into two hrs. I feel the replacements in the new version took a small toll on it but I give it a 78/100
>>
>>87568117
There's something so stale and unimaginative about the new clown design.
It feels very much like a costume designer said 'this is what creepy looks like.'
It's kinda hard to explain. It feels like a bland, hacky interpretation of creepy.
Everything with modern Hollywood feels like they're all working from recipe cards.
Take the safest bets possible, and let the Chinese market make up the difference.
>>
>>87568681
It's literally more faithful to the books lol, deluded contrarians everywhere
>>
>>87570325
>read twice in prison
What were you in for, anon?
>>
>>87568374
>tons of threads praising the movie by people who have actually gone and seen it with some having mixed feelings but overall good discussion
>now more threads pop pop popping up by shitposters who haven't seen the movie looking for (you's) or edgy children trying to fit in to /tv/ culture

the ride never ends
>>
>>87568818
Seeing the dead lights in his mouth makes him better by a mile
>>
>>87570594
>tons of threads of shills trying to convince us to see their shit movie they're paid to shill
>now more threads of people telling the shills to fuck themselves
Go fuck yourselves with your safe remakes and sequels.
Tired of Hollywood taking next-to-no chances anymore.
>>
File: 1478826455326.jpg (27KB, 480x443px) Image search: [Google]
1478826455326.jpg
27KB, 480x443px
>>87570673

you are fucking delusional man
>>
File: 1490731233276.jpg (38KB, 412x430px) Image search: [Google]
1490731233276.jpg
38KB, 412x430px
>new one is trying too hard
>le edgy lookin clown
>doesnt even look like a real clown ffs

Go watch a fucking movie about a killer dressed like a clown the, jesus fuck, this pennywise is way better than curry's
>>
>>87570588
No self defense law at the time so manslaughter
>>
>>87568769
>>Curry on the other hand
Curry overacts in a mime-clownish way, which gives the clown part a lot of power.
The clown isn't creepy. Curry makes it creepy.

look at this nigga.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtKWaVmiLkM

I noticed after watching some comments on youtube. Millenials post shit like "this ain't scary man xDD"
But that's the fucking point. The clown by itself isn't scary if you don't get what the clown is. It's even funny.
The scene with Ben and his dad telling him "I live here now son" by itself sounds silly and fun, but when you see him while waving in that "I'm just a memory of your father going to war" it's spooky as fuck. Maybe that's why I love it, because it gives me some skinwalker stories. vibes.
Old one>new one because the new one was less in the people's heads.
>>
>>87568117
>Skarsbladds version is creepier and more disturbing.
No. The constant tryhard "lolimsoevil" face he has all the time ruins the creepines.
>>
>>87568818
This. I like his childish and inhuman mannerism
>>
>>87568117
https://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1504948396349.webm
>>
File: theshining1997.jpg (53KB, 490x274px) Image search: [Google]
theshining1997.jpg
53KB, 490x274px
>>87570762
In terms of design, fuck no. Original played to childhood fears using friendly iconic clowns like Bozo as a basis in a movie all about childhood fears. Like Chucky being based on toys of the time.
But I'm sure the "NOT MUH IT" crowd would like it. I haven't read the book, and have no interest in the movie, just talking design.
>>
>>87568818
I liked it when he was mocking Eddie.
>>
>>87568681
the 2017 version is the more accurate portrayal of the book's pennywise
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.