[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

the tarantino of serious film

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 1490567753682.jpg (28KB, 427x640px) Image search: [Google]
1490567753682.jpg
28KB, 427x640px
the tarantino of serious film
>>
>>87522552
>Best guess for this image: Tumblr
Great thread you retarded fucking faggot.
>>
>>87523045
do you think black swan was a good movie?
>>
Pi is his only good movie.Prove me wrong.
>>
>>87523089
I can't
>>
>>87523089
Pi is kind of sophomoric in many ways but it succeeds in achieving what Aronofsky set out to do so you can't really bash him too much for his effort. His other films are all much more "mature", not only in the way they tackle the thematic elements and issues, but in the material he explores as well. There is nothing wrong with Requiem for a Dream, Black Swan, Noah, or The Fountain for that matter; they are all decent and well made films. I'm guessing the only reason you think that way about his filmography is because you yourself are somewhat juvenile in thinking.
>>
>>87523229
>There is nothing wrong with Requiem for a Dream, Black Swan,
besides the glaring technical flaws in requiem it's an ok film, exploitative and exaggerated but entertaining nonetheless. black swan on the other hand is the most insulting piece of shit i've ever seen. there are objectively shit movies and then there are shit movies that masquerade as arthouse films despite lacking 100% of the subtlety and nuance.
>>
good observation but hes jewish so hes up there with lincoln
>>
>>87522552
is the wrestler really as good as everyone says it is? is it really a masterpiece?
>>
>>87523463
its comfy, let me tell you that much
>>
File: jennifer-lawrence2.jpg (691KB, 1500x2040px) Image search: [Google]
jennifer-lawrence2.jpg
691KB, 1500x2040px
first rachel weisz then jennifer lawrence.

how does he do it?
>>
>>87523358
So you're attacking these two films on nuance or their lack thereof? Aronofsky isn't one to shy away from plunging directly into what he wants to convey with his films, but I wouldn't go so far as to say these two films lack subtlety. Bold is a word i'd use to describe them. Anyway, there are a lot of subtle hints at Natalie Portman's darker side throughout Black Swan that some might not pick up on, for example. But even so, just because a film lacks subtlety and nuance doesn't necessarily make it bad by default.

It just seems like you hate his films for some unknown reason, that you don't even know or can explain. You're picking excuses rather than really coming out with the problem you him and/or with his work.
>>
>>87523679
>I wouldn't go so far as to say these two films lack subtlety.
you need to rewatch them. i can tell you havent seen them in years. if you're anything like me you watched them when you were first getting into film and they floored you. but upon rewatching them after having seen more films you realize how bad they really are.
>>
Ultra-hack
>>
File: 1496660300355.jpg (6KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
1496660300355.jpg
6KB, 183x275px
>>87523562
you think she gives good bjs
>>
>>87523562
who's next?
>>
>>87524354
whats the left from
>>
>>87525360
Perfect blue I think
>>
>>87525360
perfect blue
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.