[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rate it from 1-10, /tv/.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 332
Thread images: 29

File: pennis.jpg (19KB, 590x350px) Image search: [Google]
pennis.jpg
19KB, 590x350px
Rate it from 1-10, /tv/.
>>
nogangbang/10
>>
7/10. jumpscares and ugly cgi moments let it down from technical point. story and acting is fine
>>
8.5/10
The first third was a bit disjointed and Richie didn't get enough character moment, but it was one hell of a fun movie
>>
Actually saw it
5.6/10
King just doesn't give them the raw materials to make something great, he never does, although this is the closest they ever got, still mediocre
>>
8/10 I enjoyed it.
>>
>>87521860
There's hardly any CGI in the film
>>
>>87521860
A+
>>
7/10

The bullies' role in the story were minimized, the movie was inconsistent at some points, but the scares were intense and the kids were great.
>>
>>87521932
This, and i personally didn't think there were too many jumpscares either.

But despite the marketing making IT as a straightforward horror film, it really isn't, IT is a horror/coming of age story, like Stand By Me, except with a a creepy horror clown monster.

Solid 8/10
>>
7/10

What Skarsgaard actually got to do was awesome. But most of Pennywise was a wiggling, almost cheap 3D looking, frantic mess. If Pennywise had as much direct interaction with the kids as he did in the opening scene or as much as Tim Curry had in his take the entire film would be a lot stronger.

What we have now is a basic horror film fused with a really good period drama about teens in the late 80's.

I wouldn't say either version of IT are so much better than the other. Hopefully Part 2 is much stronger.
>>
8.5/10

/tv/ will hate it though. Not enough existentialism or rape.
>>
>>87521932
There's CGI in practically every scene pennywise is in
>>
>>87521893
>5.6/10
That's a weirdly specific number.
>>
>>87522130
I think it was actually a good choice to potray Pennywise like this in the movie, simply because no one could top Tim Curry from the miniseries, so it really wasn't even worth a try, i think the movie would have suffered and Bill would have been compared to Curry even more than he is now.

Granted, the scene with Georgie and Pennywise was fucking magnificent, i thought it was better than the miniseries, simply because you could see the "mask" slipping on Pennywise, he knew he had a tasty morsel of food there, and he could barely restrain and control himself, it was much more menacing than how it played out in the miniseries.
>>
>>87522130
I wholeheartedly agree with this post.
>>
>>87521893
>bringing the evil clown trope to modern audiences after an absence of 100 years isn't enough material to work with
Typical pleb.
>>
>>87522280
The Georgie scene was not any better than the original.
>>
>>87521798
8/10
Really solid movie but the tonal shifts didn't always work plus some effects looked kind of weird. Still, it had great performances from the cast and all the characters were fleshed out.
>>
>>87522334
except for Mike
>>
>>87522315
That isn't what I said at all.
>>
>>87522280
>simply because no one could top Tim Curry from the miniseries

can you please fucking unlodge Curry's dick from your throat for a second and consider that maybe his performance wasn't as amazing as you remembered it to be when you saw it years ago?
>>
Damn, is opinion shifting already? That was fast. Yesterday it was the greatest horror movie in the last ten years. Now it's a 7/10.
>>
>>87521798
Unironically 10/10. Up there with The Shining.
>>
>>87522321
Well i felt it was.
In that particular scene Pennywise acts more like a circus clown, feigning injury when Georgie is being hesitant and so on, Tim Curry, while excellent didn't have the same aura on menace in that scene.
Skarsgaard on the otherhand is fucking salivating at the mouth and is barely able to keep in control, to me it was much more menacing scene than the original, but you know, different strokes.
>>
9.5/10
Loved it to bits, never bored me. The only thing that could have been done better was the ending.
>>
>>87521798
7/10
It's a slightly above average horror film. People are going to act like it's a masterpiece though since the genre has been shit for so long
>>
I want to ____ Beverly.
>>
>>87522364
Mike could've used more screentime but still he wasn't one dimensional. He's going to be the main character of the second part anyway.
>>
6/10

Movie does a fine job until they get to the house on Neibolt street, after which the movie shits itself and becomes a generic horror movie that everyone has seen 1000 times before.
>>

Best king adaptation of any book.
>>
>>87522477
save
>>
>>87521932
hardly agree, but when these small bits show up, looks VERY dated already.
>>
>>87522398
Hey i watched the miniseries roughly a week ago, out of pure nostalgia, and the fucking thing sucks, the only thing that elevates it from complete trash is Tim Curry.

I'm not saying Skarsgaard was bad at all, i thought he was fucking great, but he does potray a totally different Pennywise, which is a good fucking idea, playing the character more like Curry did would have been a bad idea in my opinion.
>>
>>87521798
>one eye stares at Georgie
>the other stares at you
Spooky

>>87522321
It was better because of the gore alone anon. Showing the kid get mangled really got to me.
>>
>>87522453
To have a decent horror film with a great coming-of-age story in the modern horror movie market is a godsend.
>>
File: 1502390760674.gif (881KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1502390760674.gif
881KB, 350x350px
CAAAAAAM RIIIIP????
>>
>>87522536
I actually thought most of the child actors in the original did a serviceable job, the most standout being Seth Green as Richie Tozier.
>>
File: beverly.jpg (90KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
beverly.jpg
90KB, 750x750px
>She'll let you do her, just ask her nicely.
what did he mean by this???
>>
8.5/10
Anyone saying the miniseries is better is absolutely lying to you
>>
>>87522547
>Showing the kid get mangled really got to me.

And then there was no more gore at all! No, the bathroom scene doesn't count. We don't even see Patrick Hockstetter die!
>>
>>87522723
They were ok, sure, i guess my oppinion is tainted by the fact that i (naturally) watched the second part after the first, and the adult actors are kind of terrible.
>>
>>87522790
>The adult actors are kind of terrible.

Understatement of the fucking century right there, dude. I don't even watch the second part.
>>
>>87522789
We see a teenage girl that has been cut in half suspended in a closet, i'd say that's pretty gory.
>>
>>87522776
Henry Bowers and Greta Keene are assholes
>>
>>87522831
I'm actually kind of worried about the second part of this new IT, because the adult part of the story simply does not have the same charm and warmth as the kid part.
>>
>>87521798
I give it a strong 5. TRAN-
>>
>>87521798
0/10
leftist propaganda made by a notorious Trump hating nobody who apparently write books no one reads but uses his political viewings as leverage to advertise himself amongst reddit cuckerinos.
>>
>>87522840
Yeah, but it might as well be a spooky skeleton in a closet because it doesn't mean anything to us the audience. It's just some girl.
>>
>>87522933
Holy hell fuck off
>>
beep beep
>>
>>87522880
Yeah, big mistake splitting the book in two like that. Honestly, there's too much story there to cram into a movie or two.

I've always said you could squeeze 2-4 seasons of good television out of It, easy.
>>
>>87522933
As long as the people making horror dont interject their politics I dont care what they believe

ftfy kys
>>
It's a solid 8/10 for me. The CGI is oddly bizarre at times, but I guess you could make it a case that it's still unnerving if unintentionally. Although some scenes seem almost inexcusably bad with effects.

The kids were actually really decent actors, if a bit hammy like Georgie's actor during the flooded basement part.

I might see it again tonight.
>>
>>87522933
>that no one reads

lol.
>>
>>87522933
Nice bait, go cry and false flag in some other thread fucking faggot
>>
>>87523136
replying to bait is just as bad as taking it.
>>
>>87521798
Solid 8.
>>
>>87523021
Yeah while splitting the book like this might be a mistake, it is also a natural way to do it, because there are 2 stories, the Losers' Club as kids, and the Losers' Club returning as adults.
The biggest problem for me is that the tone of those two narratives is quite different, and when people get pulled in with the coming-of-age/horror story of part 1, they might be dissapointed by the story of part 2.

If the movies would follow the structure of the book you would get loads of flashbacks and thematic repeats.
A well made tv series would work best, would give the material time to breathe.
>>
>>87523155
Fuck off cunt
>>
File: herpity derp.jpg (32KB, 934x928px) Image search: [Google]
herpity derp.jpg
32KB, 934x928px
>>87523077
>but I guess you could make it a case that it's still unnerving if unintentionally
>>
>>87523021
IT could have really worked well as a television series, but instead we got The Mist and even that is barely based on the book aside from spooky mist.

Still, this was a nice adaptation and I hope they're careful with the sequel.
>>
>>87522959
Are you seriously this fucking retarded?
She's the same girl they mention several times, and they found one of her shoes in the sewer (and they even joke about how that means she's still alive).
>>
>>87523199
I can't tell if this is mocking or supporting my post.
>>
>>87523220
Don't waste your breath, anon is either an idiot or just trolling..

It's obvious it's not just some girl, and apparently gore is not gore unless it happens to a main character, which is a bizarre way of thinking.
>>
>>87523180
The director said he wants to make a super cute of the two films and splice them together for flashbacks and whatnot. I don't have the interview and I am at work, but I'm kinda hyped.
>>
>>87523220
Exactly. She's just some fucking girl they keep talking about. We don't know her. Was she a bitch? Was she their friend? Did she have it coming? She's had no time on screen, we only "care" because we're told we're supposed to. It's bullshit. What are we supposed to feel in that moment besides "oh, a dead body. That's scaaaaaary?"
>>
>>87521798
Strong 3/10
>>
>>87521932
the entire Georgie scene is CGI. even the rain falling down is fake, along with him getting dragged away.
>>
>>87523288
I can see that working, assuming part 2 does well enough for the studio to let him do this director's cut supercut thingy.
But yeah, would definately buy if that comes out some day.
>>
>>87523275
Not even joking, the only people I see saying this movie is bad or being nitpicky fucktards, are complete morons. I'm thinking that this movie is just too high brow for 90% of people.
>>
>>87521932
>gangam style.webm
>>
camrip where
>>
>>87523394
I get the feeling that some people, like your "Gore-Anon" were expecting a more typical slasher horror film, which just means they had no idea what kind of film IT is, i don't know if that's studio marketings fault, or anon just being an idiot.
>>
File: wut.png (265KB, 547x365px) Image search: [Google]
wut.png
265KB, 547x365px
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA JESUS CHRIST HAHAHAHAA
>>
>>87523467
I'm the gore anon, and I wasn't expecting a slasher film. Nor did I want one. Though, I felt the movie went through all the trouble of establishing itself early on as a "brutal" picture that wasn't going to shy away from violence, only to totally shy away from violence from there on out.

Funny you should mention though, the movie did completely turn into a slasher movie at the end. That confrontation was straight out of a Nightmare on Elm Street movie.

I knew they weren't going to go the book's route of metaphysical combat via the Ritual of Chüd, but I wasn't expecting the kids just beating it with blunt objects.
>>
>>87523503
Looks fine for a shot that is on screen for a fraction of a second

>Pause movie when an actor is making a dumb face
>AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Come on now, anon. I know you can come up with better criticisms than that.
>>
>>87523662
Well i can't say i agree, it had some fairly gory stuff happening to teenagers/kids.
If you know the Ritual, then i assume you were familiar with the book, so then you would also know the Losers' Club survives, so what fucking gore were you expecting? Like i can't wrap my head around your complaint, it just makes no sense to me.
The end bit is the climax of both the horror and the coming-of-age bit,the kids metaphorically grow up, get past their fears and kick the shit out of an entity that is centered solely around the concept of fear.
>>
>>87523893
How about Henry Bowers' whole gang? Eddie Corcoran? Veronica Grogan? 8 kids died that summer and only 1 is on screen.
>>
9/10

Some of the CGI could have been better, but that aside the acting was top-notch and Bill Skarsgard was tremendous as Pennywise.
>>
The clown says beep beep without establishing that Richie's friends do that to shut him up in the book.
>>
>>87524005
Surprisingly you have to cut out some stuff from 1000+ page book.
Most of those deaths are there for extra gore and establishing mood, the movie had to cut out stuff to keep most of the story beats for the Losers' Club while still maintaining decent pace and not turn into a bloated mess.
I just get the feeling your missing the forest for the trees.
>>
>>87524005
They wasted Bowers and his gang. Worst aspect of the film by far. Bowsers killing his father and being manipulated by Pennywise was so great and then they just have him thrown down a well by Mike. All of the bullies should've been present at the ending. With this film's strong R rating I was excited to see Pennywise kill off Belch and Vic
>>
File: 1412912469190.jpg (15KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1412912469190.jpg
15KB, 400x300px
Post yfw

>And now.. I'm going to have to kill this fucking clown.
>>
>>87524135
>Surprisingly you have to cut out some stuff from 1000+ page book.

So... Instead they added pointless bullshit like the kids breaking up during the 3rd act? Because I totally believed that they weren't ever gonna come back together.
>>
>>87521798
3-5
meh
>>
>>87524175
Huh, it's almost as if this was CHAPTER ONE and we'll see that little homeschool hater in the next movie.
>>
File: IMG_3481.jpg (506KB, 2500x1579px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3481.jpg
506KB, 2500x1579px
One gripe I have with this movie is when Pennywise says "beep beep, Richie", that line doesn't make sense since none of Richie's friends ever said it to him so people don't know what it means.
>>
9/10, only complaint was a few awkward scenes that felt way out of tone.

The burning hands coming out of the door and Pennywise fucking a goat or whatever behind the curtain was probably my favorite scene.
>>
>>87523319
It's a shame because that scene had some neat elements to it and could've been genuinely horrifying if it didn't look like a fucking video game cutscene
>>
File: what doth life.jpg (66KB, 949x678px) Image search: [Google]
what doth life.jpg
66KB, 949x678px
>>87524186
Shit was cringey as fuck.
>>
>>87521798
>>
>>87524216
Now you're just nitpicking, even if you would take that scene and the montage after it out, you wouldn't have enough minutes to kill all the people you wanted to see die.

Seriously, your complaint seems to be "not enough people died!" When those scenes were replaced with scenes that build up the story and relationships between the Losers' Club.
Also, that clearly hit a story beat and gave us a little break from the action for pacing reasons.

Do you even kino?
>>
>>87524254
It's almost entirely likely there was a cut scene showing the gang using *beep**beep*.
I really get the feeling this movie was originally like close to 5 hours long before they cut out a ton of scenes.
>>
>>87524289
No it wasn't
>>
>>87524397
That's your opinion.
>>
>>87524396
This movie was running well over two hours so it's believable they had to cut a few scenes for time. I hope there's an extended cut on the home release.
>>
>>87523697
It looks pretty fucking dumb in motion too, don't bullshit
>>
It looked like a color corrected to hell Blum House generic horror film with light hearted comedy elements and a villain that can taunt and act with the children giving the audience something to enjoy more than your average movie. The pacing and tone was more like a horror movie than a high fantasy adventure, like the book.

It, felt like it was trying to appeal to what they thought horror movie fans like, and I guess that's what they got, it's not my cup of tea. 7/10
>>
>>87524368
The movie did fine as a coming of age story. I liked the characters enough, I guess; and they pretty much felt like friends.

But the movie fell flat as a horror movie for me; and what I wanted was a good horror movie.
>>
It was dark and cool !
But who gives a shit, real horror kino next week, Mother.
>>
File: tfw1501527804534.jpg (217KB, 960x925px) Image search: [Google]
tfw1501527804534.jpg
217KB, 960x925px
>fat man kisses the qt
>the magical evil spell is lifted while she telepathically finds out about the poem
>she smiles to the fat man as if there is a chance

Like, ehat is going on there? Too much DUDE BEE YOUARE SELF and You ll get a 10/10" 4me.
>>
>>87524679
The reason why many people are praising the movie is because it went heavy for the Coming-of-age with horror elements, it set this movie apart from the mediocre mass of horror films.
And even if there was not that much horror stuff, i personally felt that what all the horror elements and scenes that were there were all well done and effective. Quality over quantity.
>>
>>87521798
8/10. Maybe 8.5
>>
>>87521813
What's this about I keep hearing?
>>
>>87524845
Well, the movie replaces the book's emphasis on "It" being weak to kid stuff, like silver bullets and "battery acid" inhalers.

The book posits a theory about the power of belief, as evidenced by Pennywise telling Bowers that he can only get them if they believe, but he can get them if they believe, half-believe, or don't believe at all.

The movie incorrectly states that It prays on fear; and almost exclusively children, because adults wouldn't be afraid of it, and I guess this is to service the film's almost literal coming of age theme. The "It" from the book, however says that it has occasionally eaten adults, like the klansman that it carries away when it's a giant bird at the Black Spot fire; but prefers children because their fears are usually easier.
>>
>>87523404
That wasn't CGI
>>
>>87524902
I disagree. I thought the horror elements of the movie were pedestrian. Though, I'll admit I am a very jaded horror film fan.
>>
>>87524992
In the book there's a child orgy. It's not present in the movie
>>
8.5, good Pennywise, good atmosphere, good traditional effects, only let down by a pretty forgettable score and some poor CGI in spots.
>>
>>87524539
His mouth opening looked great, it's a shame they immediately followed it with that awful bite animation.
>>
I'd give it a solid 8.
>>
>>87525149
We will just have to agree to disagree then. I thought the scares worked and where well crafted.
>>
8.5/10

There were a few spots where the CGI was bad but I liked it overall
>>
>>87523346
Considering how good this one has done in like a day, I expect the second will do great too, even if it isn't as good as Part I.
>>
10/10

As good as the horror genre will ever get. You CANNOT name a better horror film.
>>
>>87524175
>and being manipulated by Pennywise was so great
Anybody else catch Pennywise trying to lure Bev in to do this with her father?

When she gets home with the post card, that scene with the woman singing with the kids was on her dad's tv but she ignored it.
>>
>>87525545
Yeah here's hoping, it's just i'm skeptical by nature and the second part will most likely lack some of the charm and warmth of part 1 simply by the fact that the heroes will be adults, but yeah i'm hoping it will do well enough so Muschietti can make his super-cut version.
>>
>>87525554
Mother next week anon, by the dude that did fucking Black Swan.
Get ready for psychospooks.
>>
>>87525554
Nightmare on Elm Street
>>
>>87525226
Why did they even CGI it? My eyes glowed with excitement when his teeth grew and then there was that shitty animation. Just have the actor bite a fucking fake arm
>>
>>87525094
The fat one did say that adults die at 6 times the national rate, without factoring kids into that.

The movie never says he preys on just children's fears. Hell, it's only at the end that they realize that he feeds on fear and they just tell him they're not afraid of him.
>>
>>87525734
I'm waiting for that one too, looks like an interesting film.
>>
>>87525554
The Thing.
>>
>>87523404
Why do you people keep saying this? Are you actually that stupid or just pretending?
>>
>>87524992
the girl in the movie lets the other 5 guys take turns fucking her at the end (also she orgasms when the 2 guys she likes fuck her)
>>
>>87525170
Why doesn't anyone know what an orgy is?
>>
>>87525953
>>87525170

Stephen King is such a fucking weirdo.

anyone notice the Pharmacist looked like him
>>
File: king-stephen-image.jpg (17KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
king-stephen-image.jpg
17KB, 300x300px
>>87525953
he probably stroked his dick as he wrote this
>>
>>87526175
I know I did when I read it
>>
File: IMG_3710.jpg (23KB, 640x314px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3710.jpg
23KB, 640x314px
Who else noticed the creepy lady in the librarian leering at Ben?
>>
>>87524845
why does everything have to bee about your insecurity
>>
>>87526297
Yes. Everyone in my theater made sure I noticed it. They were all talking openly about it and pointing at the screen.
>>
8/10
>>
>>87527341
Stop going to terrible theaters then
>>
>>87527388
I had never had a bad experience at that theater until that night.
>>
>>87526297
Fucking everyone. It was right there on the screen. It made me feel embarrassed because it was obviously a poor attempt by the filmmakers to have normies point it out so they can feel "smart". Terrible.
>>
>>87521798

Negative 4

Cliched af
>>
>>87521798
It fucking sucked
the first ten minutes makes you think it's going to be good but it's just johnny depp willy wonka in a bagool configuration.
it sucked. steal it
>>
>>87522415
you are stupid.
>>
File: 1502306126_faAf.jpg (124KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1502306126_faAf.jpg
124KB, 600x600px
Can someone post the projector scene? I wanna watch it in motion.
>>
>>87525953
Do they actually show that in the movie?
>>
>>87527639
You're an idiot.
>>
>>87525883
maybe you're just blind
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtDEgsRzoZo
head barely moves when he begins dancing and the reason why there's the moving cam is to cover the CGI of his head
>>
I liked how pennywise was fleshed out and wasn't just some stock movie monster. He seemed like an actual villain. There were some issues with the pacing, but with so many characters it's to be expected. I think they did a pretty good job adapting the book to a 2.5 hour movie.
>>
File: 123121.jpg (38KB, 667x720px) Image search: [Google]
123121.jpg
38KB, 667x720px
8/10 objectively
>>
File: pennywise the DANCING clown.gif (1MB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
pennywise the DANCING clown.gif
1MB, 600x337px
8.5/10
great movie, better then the miniseries in all but the costume design for IT (I find tim curry's look much more unnerving desu), biggest complaint was the choice not to include all the nazi/racisim stuff with Henry and Mike, in fact the remove of it made Mike an almost nonexistent character to the point where you could literally take him out of the film and not much would change
>>
>>87528175
I'm really hoping the opening scene of chapter 2 is what happens to Henry.
>>
>>87525635
I'm pretty sure this was on every tv in the movie
>>
>>87528329
It was. They weren't even really subtle about it, I'm surprised it got missed.
>>
Saw it last night. Not a fan of horror movies, never seen the original or read the books. That being said, I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed it (so much so that i'm shitposting about it on a malaysian knitting forum).

I'm still a little confused though as to why no one gives a fuck about all the disappearances in the town? I mean the neighbor sees Georgie, and then sees him missing with a pile of blood. The dad works in the sewers, Bev's dad works in the sewers, the bully's dad is a cop etc... seems like plenty of people that would have a real interest in finding out whatever is happening to these kids, but no one seems to give a fuck.
>>
>>87528662
>no one seems to give a fuck
Long story short Pennywise basically controls the whole town.
>>
>>87528719
So hes using some spoopy intradimensional being thing to mind control the town?
>>
>>87528662
Remember the adults driving past, with the balloon in the backseat? Or how bev's dad couldn't see the blood?

Pennywise essentially has the whole town under its influence. This will be touched upon in the sequel more, because when the kids leave the town they start to forget what happened.
>>
>>87525170
>>87525953
Why do they all fuck? How many pages does it last?
>>
>>87528949
Bev initiates it to basically renounce their childhood innocence and to bring them all together. It lasts many pages.
>>
File: 1475386703456.jpg (289KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1475386703456.jpg
289KB, 1200x1800px
When they were in the house, was Pennywise turning into a werewolf or half werewolf when the fangs showed?
>>
>>87528876
Oh shit that makes a lot more sense.

>>87528719
>>87528876
thanks brehs
>>
>>87523503
what movies do you like so i can reply and laugh at your taste tell me please
>>
>>87521891
>was one hell of a fun movie

Barely, only 2 kids died.
>>
>>87528662
>>87528719
>>87528876
In addition to this, did it seem like Henry's mom knew? I think that was his name, the one with the cast.

And that was the reason she didn't want him going out and shit.
>>
>>87523319
FAKE NEWS
>>
>>87522547
The eyes are off because Skarsgaard has a lazy eye.
>>
>>87529138
That was my initial thought too. I'm surprised agoraphobia isn't more prominent in that town
>>
>>87529138
Maybe she had some knowledge that something was going on, just like black kid's dad, but she doesn't actually know about IT. I just think she's an overprotective mom is all though.
>>
>>87528991
What the fuck reason is that. Slut.
Near the ending of the book?
>>
the acting and script is fucking terrible. the characters are also extremely rushed, with two of the characters literally being nothing more than "the kid who can say fuck too" and "token black kid who isn't a token black kid because they say he's a token black kid". the actors definitely get better throughout the movie, but the script remains retarded the whole way to the end.
however, the film looks fantastic, and some of the shots would even be memorable if the script wasn't such shit. unfortunately, a lot of the great shots (which there are indeed many of) feel completely out of place, like when they did the New Kids on the Block jumpscare, and then proceeded to fill the movie with a shit ton of actual jumpscares. well, more like the whole fucking movie feels like a bunch of shots randomly strung together, as if it were a 2 hour trailer. one scene that i laughed at in particular was when Richie smashed a bottle for absolutely no reason. whoever wrote the screenplay seriously needed to actually read whatever the mess is they wrote.
the action scenes are also of varying quality. i rather liked the ending where they all worked together, however the one immediately before that where the camera basically has a seizure brings a tear to my already sat-in-the-front-of-the-theater-strained eyes.
they obviously wanted to mix a "teen coming-of-age story" with a horror movie, and while it does work in some places, they clearly had no idea what they were doing in others.
what really bothers me the most though is the "IT Chapter One" at the end of the movie. the movie was fine, but a fucking sequel? and then the director defends this with a bullshit statement of "it's not a sequel, it's a second part, like in the book!" what a fucking moron.
>>
>>87529318
Learn how to use your shift key, goddamn.
>>
>>87529280
Yeah. Right after they beat IT in the sewer.
>>
>>87529318
I'm not reading this.
>>
>>87528175
That scene was so great. Not usually one to go to horror movies but I really enjoyed this flick. The opening with Georgie and his fridge scene with Eddie were also grand, hope we get more banter like that in the sequel
>>
>>87529340
Does the movie cover the whole book?
>>
>>87526175
Big dick Ben broke Beth. Sucks that Bill got to be last. sloppy 6ths
>>
>>87529464
Yes. In great detail.
>>
>>87529464
Movie only covers first part. They beat IT twice once has kids second as adults. Beth has sex with them at the conclusion of the first fight.

Also there is also pages about Patrick giving Henry a handjob and when Patrick offers to suck him off, Henry beats the shit out of him.
>>
>>87525953
Friendly reminder that Ben had the biggest wangdoodle of the group
>>
>>87529519
So what's this chapter 2 sequel? Did King write another book after the first?
>>
>>87529542
Goddamn, King.
So is the 2nd half another book?
>>
>>87529622
No it's all one book. Sure as shit I wouldn't have wanted Hollywood to squeeze to sections of the book into a less than 2 hour movie.

In media and people that have read it just like to call it as two parts but it's all one book.
>>
>>87522933
there is no political bs in it so why do u care
>>
What's the difference between this IT vs the miniseries?
>>
>>87529622
IT Part 2.
Derry Buggaloo
>>
>>87521798
6-7

it was good but nothing special. I'd watch it again if it's on netflix. I didn't care for some of the changes they made but that's just my autism.
>>
Objective 7/10
Personal enjoyment 9/10

If you like entry horror like Gremlins or Stand by me coming of age stories go see it. It probably wont scare you but it's tense and as a character story it works well.
>>
>>87529720
This one's good.
>>
>>87529720
The kids in the mini series weren't sexualized pedophile b8
>>
What were the three lights in IT's mouth when he made Beverly float? Fear from his victims manifest as energy?
>>
>>87522547
The kid getting mangled wasn't gory enough. I kept thinking of how I wish I was watching The Thing. Gimme that melting plastic arm pulling off effect.
>>
>>87529865
The Deadlights, google it.
>>
File: start.jpg (1003KB, 1440x5391px) Image search: [Google]
start.jpg
1003KB, 1440x5391px
>>87529720
>Not wanting to have sex with miniseries Bill
>>
>>87529915
RIP Miniseries Bill though
;_;7
>>
>>87527639
dO ThEY ACTuaLly ShOW THaT iN tHe mOvIE?
>>
>>87529915
Miniseries Bev was so good too. Can't read the book without picturing her as Bev.

The horror in the mini series was 0/10 but the coming of age and friendship parts were 10/10.
>>
I am a massive coward and a huge pussy who watches horror movies through half-shut eyes and sometimes while even hiding behind my hands. This movie did not scare me. Unfortunately, that makes it pretty weak.
>>
>>87529915
What a fucking slut.
>>
>>87523077
Georgie was being hammy because he was a puppet made by Pennywise and he's a wacky clown.
>>
>>87521798
8/10

Wasn't that scary, but the cast and story made up for it.
>>
>>87529882
>>87529865

>The Deadlights
http://darktower.wikia.com/wiki/Deadlights
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_(character)
pretty vague

In the books it deadlights is a realm outside the physical, some sort of unfathomable lovecraftian concept that renders people insane upon seeing it.
But in this movie Ben snaps Beverly out of it and she's fine, instead she suddenly knows whats happens in the future.
>>
>>87524254
I never read the book. But i assume the Beep Beep has to do with his watch alarm set for his pills, no? Still works.
>>
File: 1437980891775.jpg (145KB, 1060x832px) Image search: [Google]
1437980891775.jpg
145KB, 1060x832px
>there is actually a fucking gangbang in the book with a bunch of 11 year olds

What the fuck King
>>
>>87522501
Forest Gump?
>>
>>87521893
>he never does
So you've never seen the Shining or Misery?
>>
>>87529318
> one scene that i laughed at in particular was when Richie smashed a bottle for absolutely no reason

Are you dense? They were looking for weapons outside the spoopy house and he clearly hoped that the bottle would break into a makeshift shiv.
>>
>>87524254
Squeaky clown noses, maybe a reference to clown cars? Richie's fears were simply clowns and he was the least explored Loser in the film by far so I imagine Pennywise was phoning it in for him.
>>
>>87530527
You're replying to bait kid.
>>
>>87530462
I loved the Shining as a kid, it was one of the few horror movies my retarded fundy parents would let me watch.
Rewatching it now it's meh on the horror bits.
>>
>>87530442
So you'd rather see the kids all die?
What the hell is wrong with you, you morbid ghoul?
>>
>>87530442
Is it a ganbang if they take turns?
>>
>>87530814
No, everybody misses the part where King writes that they cum over her face so it effectively becomes a bukkake scene
>>
>>87530814
Single female in the party. Are you suggesting there should be some male on male for official gangbang qualification?
>>
>>87524992
It's a psyop adopted by marxists who want to ban king books for wrongthink
>>
>>87530869
>they cum over her face
He explicitly says they cum in her and on her thighs.
>>
>>87530928
>cum on her thighs
Oh. Oh my.
>>
>>87521798
8.5/10. Honestly, I wasn't expecting to enjoy this movie as much as I did. It's definitely one of my favorites of the year. The 80s setting was very well done and complemented by a nice cinematography work, the casting was superb, with every kid delivering a good performance and having near perfect chemistry with each other. The way each of them is introduced and how they find one another and develop friendship based on their experiences with IT feels very natural and progresses nicely. Nothing regarding the character work feels hamfisted or unearned. Personally I also thought the bit of backstory we got for each kid was appropriate, although I must say I've never read the book so I really can't say if anything significant was left out or badly written.

But I think the thing that made me like this movie so much was how hard the dramatic parts hit me. I have a younger brother and everything involving Bill and Georgie was really touching and I just couldn't help but put myself in Bill's place the whole movie. That little moment they (well, Bill and IT pretending to be Georgie) share before Bill shoots IT in the head made me tear up. I think what I'm trying to say is that this movie just felt like it had a lot of heart.
I know fans of the book will probably have issues with it and I definitely respect that, but I just loved IT to bits. It pretty much sums up why I loved horror movies growing up and feels like a breath of fresh air in the middle of this seemingly unending wave of The Conjurings, Annabelles, Insidiuses and other generic and souless "spooky house" horror movies.
>>
>>87530884
Not male on male but to me gangbang implies double penetration and chinese fingercuffing, you know everyone having a go at the same time.
>>
>>87524254
in the movie, its because of his beeping watch.
>>
So is it just a good movie or also a good horror movie (ie actually scary)?
>>
>>87531572
Neither.
It's just OK.
>>
>>87531572
A little of both. Mostly good movie. Great well-acted characters that you really care for at the end.
>>
File: trump.png (686KB, 842x772px) Image search: [Google]
trump.png
686KB, 842x772px
>>87524254
its from his watch but doesn't seem much of a set up (like another kid didnt make fun of him for his beeping watch)
seems like a lot of film got cut
>kids all get back together to save Bev
they just show up again. Would Black Kid really care? he is just there
Bully just falls down well after a decent set up
Pennywise turns into a mummy to attack fat kid
(was it set up that he was afraid of 1930s universal horror movies??? I dont recall)
>>
>>87531068
She gets two in her ass, two in her vag and one in her mouth and bill starts biting mikes ass
>>
>>87521798
9/10 best blockbuster of the year, Logan, Meme Driver and Sunkirk BTFO
>>
>>87528207
Which is what?
>>
>Lazy eye
>random drool
>buck teeth
>fraiser hair
>ye Olde Clown Costume
>dumb clown make up
where did it all go wrong?
>>
>>87531838
Why would there need to be a setup for the mummy form? There wasn't really a setup for any of the forms, either. It was explicitly stated that IT take the form of what you fear, so it can be easily inferred that whatever you're being attacked by is what you have a great fear of.
>>
>>87532696
If you think for a second that Curry's clown was a good design, you're hardcore contrarianfagging.

Also he is a ye old clown because he's an ancient-ass creature and just kept the look after adopting it however many centuries ago.
>>
>>87521798
>>
>>87522547
>Showing the kid get mangled really got to me.
This. I'd completely forgotten this movie was rated R going into it, that shit caught me off guard
>>
>>87532696
The lazy eye thing was apparently a talent of the actor being able to independently move his eyeballs and the director worked it into the character.

I dunno, just giving a fun fact.
>>
>>87530424
No, Richie is the motormouth kid with the glasses, not Eddie the sickly kid.

The beep beep is used by his friends when they need him to shut up for five seconds.
>>
>>87532696
>Has never even looked at the source material
>>
>>87531838
>>87530559
>>87530424

He says it to Richie, not to Eddie. Eddie is the one with the pills and the asthma (but his meds are really placebos, this is supposed to be a commentary on how shitty and evil the adults in town are), Richie is the comedian.

The Losers got used to saying, "beep beep, Richie" when he wasn't being funny and they wanted him to stop. It was like a safe word. Eventually It says this to him a lot.
>>
>>87532952
No the director was gonna do it cg then actor said he could just do it irl. I've seen the interview.
>>
>>87532830
Horror movies rarely show kids being brutally killed.
>>
>>87524396
I feel like they probably cut the stranger things kid's individual encounter with penny-wise. Man says he's afraid of close so you think his encounter is gonna be the scariest but then the first time he sees it is in the slide show scene.
>>
for a horror movie, anything above a 7/10 is kino
>>
File: gettyimages-126589357.jpg (42KB, 635x423px) Image search: [Google]
gettyimages-126589357.jpg
42KB, 635x423px
>>87524186
>>
File: vfDosxX.jpg (235KB, 1031x599px) Image search: [Google]
vfDosxX.jpg
235KB, 1031x599px
>>87522933
>leftist propaganda
>literally has a damsel-in-distress who gets revived by a kiss
Am I the only one who realized how risky that is these days? Having a girl needing help in a movie is a good way to have your film trashed on twitter.
>>
>>87524902
>>87525333
I agree with this. The scares weren't really innovative but worked in context and didn't really feel cheap, at last to me. I'm glad they went for coming of age with horror bits instead of the other way around

>>87533066
True
>>
>>87533053
I've seen ur interview
>>
>>87533021
i saw the original miniseries
>>
>>87533293
The original is the novel. The TV show was an adaptation, as is this.

Novel Pennywise looks like Ronald and Bozo did the fusion dance, which neither Pennywise looks like.
>>
>>87521798
Just got done seeing it. 7/10, relied on jumps a bit too much, but when it had atmosphere, my god did it have atmosphere.
>>
>>87533245
Thanks always nice to talk to a fan.
>>
>>87527639
Yes
>>
>>87532757
Just saying that It took on a form that would scare the kid (like the leper would scare the kid who hates getting lepersy and burning hands to scare black kid who hates being burnt alive)
And a universal era Mummy. Just saying it would easy enough to set up that he liked horror movies (like put a poster up in his room or he wears some Monster tee shirts)
just seemed like something was cut out thats all.

I wouldn't be surprised that the directors cut is another 30 minutes of material.
>>
>>87533342
Shut the fuck up. Novel Pennywise doesn't look like anything. He has a short description, but is largely left up to your imagination. Either Pennywise could fit the bill.
>>
>>87529131
It is not like any of the main gang dies anyway in the book. Sure, they could have showed the deaths of a few other kids than what was shown, but that would probably be pushing it into "too far" territory.

King's novels are too edgy to faithfully adapt 100% without earning an 18+ adults only rating, anyway.
>>
>Lazy eye
>random drool
>buck teeth
>fraiser hair
>ye Olde Clown Costume
>dumb clown make up
where did it all go wrong?
>>
>>87522501
Agreed.
>>
Honestly this felt really weird because I actually loved the movie for what it was (the book just can't be 100% faithfully adapted), but one change stood out as one of the worst for me.

Why the fuck does It drag Georgie into the sewer? In the book he shows fucked up teeth and tears his arm off, but he doesn't then drag him backwards into the drain like the biggest horror movie cliche ever.

One of the main problems with It, and a modern interpretation, is that it's riddled with what are now known as cliches, likely because it influenced fiction so much. The concept of a spooky clown was nearly born from It. So I'm just thinking of millenials watching this for the first time. Okay, spooky clown, eats kids, yawn, what else does it do? One of the most fucked up things about that scene is that Georgie is just mutilated and left to die alone in the gutter. It turns Pennywise from a hungry monster (we've all seen that before) into a psychopath with no clear motives. Then he spends 500 pages taunting and stalking the losers while making it clear through murdering Patrick that he can do whatever he wants and could probably kill them anytime. Then It later has trouble when they are together, believe in themselves, and use horror troupes against It and it panics and uses other humans to try and disrupt them.

Now Georgie is technically missing, even his blood washed away so there wasn't even a scene of violence. Bill even later hints that he secretly holds onto the idea that Georgie is somehow alive down there. This turns It's Georgie form from horrible taunting to cliche monster angler fish shit. It's more like it's constantly luring Bill with Georgie. It turns Bill from wanting to go down and hunt It because it's fucking with them all the time, half for revenge and half to protect the world from this evil, into a dumb kid constantly splitting off from his friends without a word to get locked in a room by himself because he saw his little brother.
>>
>>87525953
>They all fucked her but it wasn't until Ben inserted his big cock that she lost her virginity for good
>Reminder that despite being a kid he had an adult dick
>>
>>87533411
Wasn't he a mix between Bozo and Clarabelle?
>>
>>87522776
That little smile and wink she gives Ben while the kids are trying to patch him up melted me. God, she's just gorgeous.

Also, she mentions having only kissed one boy in her life. Is it Henry? Or was he just messing with her during the rock fight scene?
>>
>>87521798
Mike, Stan, and Ben didn't get enough screentime.
The pacing was weird between the spooks and the fun scenes.
Henry being abruptly killed off sucked.
Still, 8/10
>>
>>87533444
>One of the most fucked up things about that scene is that Georgie is just mutilated and left to die alone in the gutter.
Completely disagree.

Completely

Completely

I can't disagree enough. I HATED the fact that Pennywise left bodies behind in the book. I hated it so fucking much. That's not scary. It's not 5% scary. It's not 1% scary. Mutilated corpses are garbage. Fear comes from the unknown and being consumed. A clown that abducts and eats children is scary. A clown that maims children then leaves them to die is not.
>>
>>87533517
kissing billy when they were acting in a play
>>
File: bob-bell-bozo-tribune.jpg (113KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
bob-bell-bozo-tribune.jpg
113KB, 480x600px
>>87533495
Bozo was the quintessential clown. He doesn't look that different from Tim Curry's Pennywise.
>>
>>87533550
I disagree, you die either way but one (especially to newer audiences) is shit we've seen a thousand times.
>>
>>87529542
Was there a handjob scene with Patrick?
>>
>>87521798
the jewish kid should learn to act
>>
>>87533527
>implying Henry is dead
>>
>>87533527
Henry's not dead. He plays a big part in Part 2, there's no way he's dead. Injured and it's right off to that mental asylum.
>>
>>87533626
>>87533655
He smashed his head all over that well and probably broke his damn neck. He's gone
>>
>>87533605
>you die either way
Which scares you more:
1. Being taken back to the dark lair of a monster and slowly eaten.
2. Having a monster rip your arm off, then leave you alone, giving you a chance to call for help.
>>
>>87533209
Bev wasn't really a damsel-in-distress. Yes, she does get captured but she's the first one of the group to actually face IT and fuck him up with that rebar in the house scene and straight up tells him that she's not scared at all. Plus she knocks her abusive father on his ass.
>>
File: 1299827572337.jpg (575KB, 4688x4688px) Image search: [Google]
1299827572337.jpg
575KB, 4688x4688px
>>87522933
>trump hating nobody
>Stephen fuckin king
>the man who's books have gone on to get kino adaptions like the shining the mist and children of the corn.
just because he hates your shitty god emperor doesn't make him a nobody. you maga hat wearing autist
>>
>>87533694
>>87533655
>>87533626
Speaking of logical consequences, why isn't Bev in jail for murdering her father?
>>
>>87533605
>>87533550
Wouldnt it make more sense for a monster to take the entire body? If he literally feeds off children, it's kind of a waste to leave most of a good dinner behind.
>>
>>87521798
anti-pedophilia propaganda garbage
>>
>>87533758
He didn't die. When Bill walked in, he was groaning while on the floor
>>
>>87533704
And Black Widow wasn't really the damsel-in-distress in Age of Ultron, but feminists still got mad that she was captured and fell in love. Female characters even needing a little help from men is highly controversial in the current year.
>>
>>87533758
Self-defense. Also, it was already established that Derry is a fucking hellhole that ignores deaths in the neighborhood.
>>
>>87533698
Yeah I'm sure Georgie was thinking "Man, I'm sure glad that clown left me here. I'm safe!" as he was screaming and bleeding out? He died anyway.
>>
Non book reader here. Why did Pennywise brainwash Henry into killing his dad?
>>
>>87533765
That's my point. Leaving corpses just makes it more of a mystery. It doesn't even need to eat them, it just wants them afraid and dead.
>>
>>87533836
I'd rather bleed out on the street than be eaten alive in a dark cave.
>>
How does a gangbang actually help you find your way of the sewer tho?
>>
>>87533864
To create a bloodlust in him and attack/terrorize the Losers, who is keeps failing to kill on his own.
>>
>>87533619
This he was fucking awful
>>
>>87524186
That was pretty hype.
>>
>>87529542
>Beth has sex with them at the conclusion of the first fight.
what the fuck? talk about wasted years jfc
>>
>>87533892
Mutilated corpses indicates that the killer is killing for fun. Meanwhile, disappearances are ambiguous.
>Are the victims dead?
>Why are they being captured?
>To rape?
>To eat?
>To skin and make clothes from?
>>
if IT just takes kids then why is the disappearance of adults 6 times the average? never explained that
>>
>>87533913
It doesn't, but the "moral" was that it brought the gang back together and could think rationally again to get out.
>>
>>87533411
>doesn't look like anything
>In fact, he looked like a cross between Bozo and Clarabell
From the novel when he's talking to Georgie.
>>
>>87529915
Damn, They all share Bev?
>>
>>87521798
>>
>>87534000
IT takes bot, as he kills a fair number of adults in the book, but kids are more fun to abuse and consume.
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 1280x720px
>Yfw It was eating Stan's face
>>
>>87534064
I just meant that neither Pennywise nor novel characters in general have descriptions detailed on the level of a visual image. You're given a few guidelines, then your brain has to fill in the rest.
>>
>>87521798

This sounds like the dumbest fucking shit I ever heard. Of course, I haven't seen the movie yet, but that's because it sounds really fucking boring and not scary.

First of all you have this clown character as the main villain. Seriously, a fucking clown? Clowns haven't been scary since I was about 3 years old. I get that It's supposed to be this weird demon thing that lives in sewers and can take the form of the scariest thing to whoever observes it, but why is a fucking CLOWN someone's deepest darkest fear? What about your family dying, or finding out your entire life is meaningless and there is no god or afterlife, you know something with a little meat to it?

Clowns with big teeth that eat people aren't fucking scary. Even if it was scary, you could easily just shoot it in the face making It about as scary as your average Lion or big cat from the zoo. And even if you can't kill It, you can always just kill yourself to get away from It, so I don't see the point in being afraid of It. Suppose he's going to eat you alive? Just shoot yourself and you won't be eaten. Yeah you won't live anymore but we're all going to die anyway, so what's the threat? What's the real purpose in being afraid of this "It" character?

If anything I'm glad a demon of that caliber can survive and exist. The sheer ludicrousness of such a being being able to exist in the sewers and shape-shift using magic would be amazing to me, as that would mean in the "It" universe mythical creatures and magic exist. In a way it's kind of comforting for It to be a demon rather than just a normal guy in a clown costume and takes away the last shred of scariness by making him less real. After all, if It can exist who's to say God or Jesus can't be real then too?

But I suppose the main thing I hate about It is the cringeworthy catchphrase. "Does it float?" What the fuck is that supposed to mean? Why is that scary? Every time I hear someone say that I just chuckle to myself. It is not scary.
>>
>>87534009
>but the "moral" was that it brought the gang back together and could think rationally again to get out.

How is everyone fucking the same girl going to bring boys together? Stephen King doesn't understand human psychology
>>
File: 39.png (132KB, 891x1300px) Image search: [Google]
39.png
132KB, 891x1300px
>>87534091
It reminded me of something out of horror manga.
>>
>everyone confusing Eddie with Richie
Pay attention you brainlets. Eddie's the small hypochondriac kid, Richie's the loud mouth with the glasses
>>
>>87526101
Lol this. I unironically thought that was him in a cameo at first
>>
>>87533913
It was for two reasons: to solidify their bond together (losing their virginity to Bev), and to leave their childhood behind. Even though they had fought It off, it had a weird lingering evil in the sewers that was preventing them from leaving. It's not like they fucked a map out of Beverly.

My headcanon is that anything would have worked as long as they believed in it, and the gangbang was kinda pointless
>>
>>87534214
Beep beep
>>
File: 1497549139488.jpg (29KB, 926x694px) Image search: [Google]
1497549139488.jpg
29KB, 926x694px
>>87534159
>>
>>87529565
Based fucking Ben.
>>
Was part 2 confirmed before release? I had heard nothing so seeing Chapter One at the end actually surprised and pleased me.
>>
>>87534172
Look, he just wanted an ethically fucked up gangbang, Anon.
>>
>>87534172

you literally never convinced a girl to let you and your bros gangbang her using some bullshit excuse?

seriously you missed out on an important part of growing up if something similar didn't happen in your childhood
>>
>>87534091
That was pretty terrifying.
No wonder Stan commits suicide as an adult, he's only member to be afraid and up close with IT for an extended period of time.
>>
>>87534159
>I didn't read the book

See here's your problem, millenial. The movie was made as a love letter to the book first and a spooky clown movie second. "Beep beep, Richie" is proof of this. The director's not afraid to include lines that make zero sense to normies if it please the bookfags. They All Float, and the promotional material's focus on that, is a nod to the fans. It's not meant to be the scariest thing ever.

Though I would argue that no horror movie ever has a "good tagline" on the poster. Most of them are complete transparent shit, lots also have awful puns.
>>
i found several things that put me off

>Pennywises clearly fake as shit cgi eyes.
>overdramatic music to let you know that they see something "sp00ky" in some scenes silence would fucking scare the shit out of you, but with music you see it coming miles away

>pennywise is not as creepy as he was, honestly, i felt like i'm watching a drugged Johnny Depp playing the mad hatter again.

the child actors were SUPERB, i have not seen good child acting like that in a while

at some points it felt rushed...pennywise could be a bit better if he was not 100% cgi, his overall look was off..not creepy or scary just weird

a solid 6,5/10
>>
>>87534355
I loved the hints to that, Stan is the first one to leave at the end, and he's the only one who wants to lookout outside the house on Neibold street.
>>
>>87534353
>you literally never convinced a girl to let you and your bros gangbang her using some bullshit excuse?

N-no
>>
>>87534379
not fake eyes

I rate this post 6.5/10, do your research next time

don't post in this thread again
>>
>>87534445
make me bitch
>>
Pennywise is not supossed to be scary, atlhough he did spook the shit out of me whenever he appeared, but that's because I could tell he wasn't human and instead was something PRETENDING to be from this world. Uncanny valley in all its splendour.
The wonky movements, the accent, the lazy eye, dude. That's the best part of it.
>>
>>87534445
i think your autism is showing
>>
Pennywise was awesome. I wasn't scared of him because he was so wacky and funny
>>
>>87533612
i was disappointed with what they did with Patrick, hes just a by the numbers goon. In the book he was his own side story of creepy, slightly autistic, complete sociopath, believes he is the only real person in the world, murders his brother, suffocates animals in a junk yard fridge...dude was fucked up.
>>
>>87534507

so why didn't someone just tell Pennywise he was doing a shitty job imitating a real clown? Just tell him he's shitty and not scary and to fuck off just to see how he'd react. He'd probably start crying lmao or go autistic rage-mode. I just wish someone would have called him out on his bullshit just to see what he'd do
>>
>>87534725
in the book its mentioned he has some personal attachment to the pennywise form, its his favorite form for some reason
>>
>>87533550
>I HATED the fact that Pennywise left bodies behind in the book.

The ones he dragged into the sewers (Patrick / gay bridge guy) have their souls eaten. Georgie didn't succumb to his fears (getting the parafin in the dark basement) and so Pennywise just snagged a snack but couldn't devour his soul.
>>
File: leaked_twin_peaks.jpg (66KB, 750x535px) Image search: [Google]
leaked_twin_peaks.jpg
66KB, 750x535px
>>87523288
That sounds fucking great desu.
>>
>>87530442
This happend in my gang when we where around that age. I was to chicken tho so I left only to be told the full story at a party many years later.
>>
>>87534783
Does Pennywise wake up in the morning, turn into a clown, and start posing for himself in the mirror or something
>>
>>87533823
I see your point
>>
>>87525094
Nope, it preys on adults too, it killed all the founding members of the city, it also kills any adults it needs when its hungry
>>
>>87521798
7/10. Tone was inconsistent, cgi was abhorrent, but I had a decent enough time.
>>
>>87535093
Yeah in the books there is a chapter where he is in town one day walking by a costume shop and sees it in the window and literally says "I have an idea" and it smash cuts to him walking out of the costume shop in the suit and the owner runs or after him and is like "sir you have to pay for that or I'll call the cops" and he's like winking at the camera like "this guy has no idea lmao"
>>
>>87534725
He'd probably deadlight them like I assume he did with beverly.
>>
>>87533593
Oh yeah, i now remember that. Thanks, anon
>>
>>87530360
The deadlights are the true form of Pennywise, she also isn't the only one who manages to see it and not go catastrophically insane, though I don't remember if she sees it in the book
>>
>>87534431

I remember it happened to me at a slumber party. We were all sitting around talking at night (this was before cell-phones and internet so this is what young boys did). Eventually the conversation went to jerking off and we all decided to jerk off together. Then one of my friends pulled out his penis and told me to suck on it (I did because I didn't want everyone getting mad). Then my other friend got mad I wasn't sucking his dick so he made me suck on him too. Then out of the blue as I was bent over sucking my two friends off my 3rd friend pulled my pants down from behind started rubbing his penis on my butthole. Eventually one thing led to another and they all got a turn fucking my raw asshole.

This was my 10th birthday and I'll never forget it. It's weird because half the people I talk to act like this is some strange thing, and the other half have similar stories and see it as normal. Must be a cultural thing
>>
>>87534401
Yeah, he's just paralized with fear before they go inside the house. I think they'll have him kill himself in Chapter II
>>
>>87524186

>Being this Reddit

Get out
>>
>>87522130
Yeah nice post, you are one of the few non-faggots on this board lol, the only reason I come here.
Thread posts: 332
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.