[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck did I just watch?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1.jpg (80KB, 1280x546px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
80KB, 1280x546px
What the fuck did I just watch?
>>
>>87512255
lost highway, directed by david lynch
>>
Yeah, that's the general reaction by anything directed by David Lynch.
>>
>>87512255
It literally has the same narrative mechanics as Mullholland Drive. Guy does something bad, sleeps, panics then die.
>>
File: kyle_explains_lynch_filmography.png (523KB, 683x384px) Image search: [Google]
kyle_explains_lynch_filmography.png
523KB, 683x384px
>>
>>87512431
I watched everything except inland empire and mulholland drive and only eraserhead and this got this reaction
>>
>>87512760
HAHAHAHA
You're 100 years too early to understand Lynchdom. You've barely gotten your toes wet!
>>
>>87512760
>I watched everything except half his shit

Ok
>>
>>87512795
more like 5/7 of his work that people give a shit
>>
This is very likely not what Lynch intended, but I really like this explanation. I've never heard anything like it:
https://youtu.be/o0038R4DBlw
>>
>>87512956
I think the insane man theory fits better but that is pretty interesting desudesu.
>>
I think it's clearly about a midlife crisis. I mean, I don't know what happened in the actual story, but to me, it's clearly about being an aging man, wanting to be younger, wanting to be daring, suspicious of wife, etc. You can compare it to Mulholland Drive stylistically all you want, but they are two very different movies.
>>
>>87512255
A very good film.
>>
>>87512255
L Y N C H E D
Y
N
C
H
E
D
>>
>>87512956
Cool theory, but he ignores like 50% of the film.

But now I'm more interested in how this connects to Lynch's ideas in the finale of Twin Peaks, which arguably has some ties to the real world.
>>
>>87512542

It's vastly inferior to Mulholland Drive in my opinion. Yes the whole device is more subtle from a narrative perspective, but aesthetically inferior : in Mulholland Drive the amosphere is incredible, you can feel something is off/eerie in this reality and yet Lynch just films reality but gives it an oniric feeling. The music is better, the cinematography is better, the acting is league better, the Hollywood themes are an adequate subject to mesh with the rest of the story, the neo-noir feel is conveyed with more confidence and beauty.
I like Lost Highway but I do think the first half is not that great from a visual perspective and I found most of the performances to be quite dull.
It's basically a stepstone towards Mulholland Drive.
>>
>>87512255
th best Lynch movie
>>
>>87512255
Only lynch film I've seen
>>
Is Lynch the biggest meme director around?
He could film himself shitting into a bucket whilst some goblin man walks around asking 'Got air freshener? Got air freshener?" whilst gouging out some innocent bystanders eyes and you faggots would lap it up
>>
>>87514794
Art takes perspective. If Lynch is able to put us in a perspective where we can gain some real enjoyment and thought from something, who are you to criticize?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.