[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain? This scene made no fucking sense

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: Partyman-from-Batman-1989.jpg (343KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Partyman-from-Batman-1989.jpg
343KB, 1200x800px
Can someone explain? This scene made no fucking sense
>>
>>87508441
>Can someone explain?

Tim
Burton
>>
>>87508441

It was the 90's man. The whole decade made no fucking sense
>>
>where does he get those wonderful toys?
>>
>>87508441
The funkiest man you've ever seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zqaTU5bGx8
>>
>>87508531
>>87508531
It was the 80s you retarded redditfag.
>>
File: sheeeiiit02.AM.png (772KB, 777x680px) Image search: [Google]
sheeeiiit02.AM.png
772KB, 777x680px
>>87508612
>>
>>87508531
YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE 90'S
>>
The entire art gallery sequence had several plot point purposes.

1. Establish the Joker as a mass murderer/monster. He kills a lot of innocent people with his joker gas, shows off his soon to be ex-girlfriend's disfigured face, and threatening harm to Vicky Vale.

2. Shill Prince's music (the scene is the only part of the movie where the Prince Soundtrack is played)

3. Showcase Joker's anarchist side via him vandalizing the paintings

4. Provide exposition on Vicky's past as a photographer and an easter egg (one of the places Vicky visited as a photojournalist was the central american island where Bane came from).
>>
>>87509044
>2. Shill Prince's music (the scene is the only part of the movie where the Prince Soundtrack is played)

hummm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aL7x3ESiUw
>>
>>87508531
> Partyman-from-Batman-1989.jpg
>90's
>>
>>87508441
I think the real question is, why is Batman Forever so forgotten?

Pure kino.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qt3Ax_HYYI
>>
It's a superhero movie, just turn your brain off.
>>
>>87508441
A kids movie mixed with current pop trends, it happens in every movie, are you blind?
>>
File: joker-batman-art.gif (4MB, 400x289px) Image search: [Google]
joker-batman-art.gif
4MB, 400x289px
>>87508441
What do you mean ? It made perfect sense and it was a great scene

Besides all of these >>87509044
it was also a reference to a scene from the 66 show (which Burton was very fond of)
>>
Prince, motherfucker
>>
>>87508441
I want you to explain what didn't make sense about the scene. But I know that's never going to happen because you're just another shit poster hating on a good movie.
>>
>>87509044
>one of the places Vicky visited as a photojournalist was the central american island where Bane came from
Was that even a thing in 89? I thought Bane came along a few years later.
>>
>>87509358
It was a bad movie but I kind of liked the grimy gay nightclub vibe it had.
>>
>Where does he get those wonderful sex toys?
Jesus I thought Schumacher didn't take over until Batman Forever
>>
>>87510029
Fucking pathetic. Kill yourself.
>>
>>87510013
I always liked the look of Two-Face in that movie for some reason, Riddler also looked perfect.
>>
>>87510099
Jesus christ Raimi calm down and stay away from the synagogues
>>
>Alicia, show the lady why you wear the mask (kek)
>You see, miss Vale, Alicia has been made in line with my new philosophy, so, like me, she is now a living work of art

Literally name a scene where Heath Ledger's Joker was this fucked up.
>>
>>87508441
The only thing that didn't make sense was that there was a sit down dinner party at a museum.

Other then that it was the Joker wanting to meet Vicky Vale. So he set up a fake meeting with her, gave her a gas mask and killed the other guest with gas.
>>
>>87510179
The 89 Joker was silly, but he also loved to just kill people.

The best scene that shows this was having a parade and giving away money so people would get close to the ballons. Then he gased them to death. Then he straight up murdered his top guy cause Batman came and took his ballons away!
>>
>>87510029
>THE TIME HAS COME, TO PUNISH ALL OF THE GOYIM'S CHILDREN.
I didn't know Raimi was co-writer in Batman Returns
>>
Cocaine is a hell of a drug.
No, really, like most of the eighties and early nineties is literally explained by cocaine.
>>
File: penguin_blood.jpg (86KB, 736x964px) Image search: [Google]
penguin_blood.jpg
86KB, 736x964px
>>87510579
>https://www.counter-currents.com/2012/06/batman-returns-an-anti-semitic-allegory/
>Using “images and cultural stereotypes,” director Tim Burton “depicts the Penguin as one of the oldest cultural clichés: the Jew who is bitter, bent over and out for revenge, the Jew who is unathletic and seemingly unthreatening but who, in fact, wants to murder every firstborn child of the gentile community.”
>The Penguin feigns assimilation into society and gains the citizens’ trust for a time. But eventually even the ignorant masses understand this false prophet for what he is, a primordial beast who seeks retribution, ‘an eye for an eye.'”
>The evil, wealthy capitalist who allies himself with the Penguin against the citizens of Gotham is named “Max Shreck” after German actor Max Schreck, who portrayed Nosferatu. Metaphorically, Shreck is a blood-sucking vampire. Shreck “wants only power, but the Jew who has suffered wants to punish others for the crime that was committed against him.”
>“The Penguin’s evil plan is the enactment of a paranoid notion that Jews’ effort to preserve their heritage and culture is a guise for elitist and hostile intentions.”
>“Batman Returns takes place at Christmas time. The Christmas tree, the lights and the mistletoe serve a thematic purpose. They represent the Christian ethic, which will save Gotham City from the false ideology of the Penguin. In the final scene Batman articulates the distinctly Christian moral of this film: ‘Merry Christmas and good will toward men . . . and women.'”

What did Burton mean by this ?
>>
>>87508441
Life has no sense, my young padawan. Just grow up and accept it.
>>
>>87508441

I unironically love these scene. You just know nothing like it will ever be made again. It's right in that absurb late 80s / early 90s era.
>>
Which movie has the best soundtrack and why is it Batman Forever?

Batdance sucks btw
>>
>>87511065
>that absurb late 80s / early 90s era.
Shut the fuck up reddit.
>>
>>87511084
>best soundtrack
>composed of 90's music

kek

Either way, film scores are always better than soundtracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pexxk6tMKLQ&index=1&list=PLDF9D5DFE2ABE7282

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcCYhDu4_ZY&list=PLPSyQctAlgzUJGe-OFjy45zAsqvdSPCrn&index=1
>>
>>87510725
I never realized Burton was such a big influence on Raimi.
>>
>>87511314
It was a different time.
>>
>>87509988

Bane didn't appear till 93 but the island first appeared in 87
>>
>>87508531
>90's
THAT SAID. The defining aspect of the 90's was how X-TREME everything had to be.
>>
>>87513062
Embarrassing
>>
File: hsld.png (170KB, 696x1119px) Image search: [Google]
hsld.png
170KB, 696x1119px
>>87513082
>not X-TREMELY embarrassing
>>
>>87508441
He was vandalizing the art, which was his personal artistic expression. He's an art terrorist.
>>
>>87513062
Oh yeah, I remember, Remains of the Day, Sense and Sensibility, Fly Away Home, Nell... truly it was a time of edge.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.