[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Movies you consider masterpieces that AREN'T flawless

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: hot-fuzz.jpg (189KB, 620x375px) Image search: [Google]
hot-fuzz.jpg
189KB, 620x375px
>>
How the fuck is Hot Fuzz a masterpiece? In what way does it display a mastery of filmmaking?
>>
>>87482089
Typical American. You will never TRULY understand this movie.
>>
>>87482421
No I understand it just fine. It's not even particularly British humour; I can think of plenty of films that epitomise british humour far better than this one. It doesn't display a mastery of filmmaking in any capacity. I'm not American, by the way.
>>
>>87481994
Name one falw
>>
Pretty tight script but I didn't find this movie or particularly entertaining

I'm probably either dumb or don't understand british humor
>>
>>87482421
the thing is these movies are considered unfunny trash in britain
you, the american, only find them funny because of the zany accents and lingo
spaced/shaun of dead/hot fuzz/worlds end are to britain what big mama's house is to america and viced-versa
>>
>>87483058
Came here to post this
>>
>>87483058
>considered unfunny trash in britain
why tho? hot fuzz is comfy as fuck and pretty funny too

t. swede
>>
>>87482861

outdated fast-paced meme editing
>>
OP here - this genuienly was a thread for any movie, not just Hot Fuzz. Feel free to psot others.
>>87483136
That's a copy pasta. It is considered funny here in Britain - the only movies played on TV more than Hot Fuzz are Shaun of the Dead, and The Shawshank Redemption.
>>
File: images.jpg (70KB, 694x1042px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
70KB, 694x1042px
>>87481994
Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

>Wooden ish acting from Kurt and the rest of the gang
>Shots linger on the puppets for too long, revealing their artificial nature
>Kurt is clearly never in the same shot as the final form of the ayy
>The flamethrower malfunctioning once and only once, when the ayy is going apeshit and killing everyone for like three minutes
>Wilford Brimley makes a fucking UFO in his basement
>>
>>87482421
Fuck you nigger. I'm American and this is in my top 10.
>come into the thread to appreciate good taste
>Eurocuck shitting on Amerifats
You better make sure the muzzies aren't running off with your women, f-f-f-faggot.
>>
File: edXMTECoAxOoU5CFBBj89pHHemU.jpg (127KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
edXMTECoAxOoU5CFBBj89pHHemU.jpg
127KB, 1000x1500px
>>
File: lord-of-the-rings-trilogy.jpg (260KB, 1452x701px) Image search: [Google]
lord-of-the-rings-trilogy.jpg
260KB, 1452x701px
>>87483224
Terminator 2 and Jurassic Park 2 are played quite often too. Thanks ITV2.
>>
File: snatch.jpg (48KB, 339x500px) Image search: [Google]
snatch.jpg
48KB, 339x500px
Do you know what nemesis means?
>>
>>87483402
>Hack the planet
Just remembering it gives me the cringe.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.