[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay guys, give it to me straight. When is the REAL Guardians

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

File: 5851401_sa.jpg (83KB, 398x500px) Image search: [Google]
5851401_sa.jpg
83KB, 398x500px
Okay guys, give it to me straight. When is the REAL Guardians of the galaxy 2 coming out?

I watched pic related but it was a joke right? It felt like i was watching a spoof movie of the GOTG1.
>>
I loved GOTG, I thought GOTG 2 was meh at best.
Maybe I'm just resistant to the idea fathers are evil, since I had a good father.
>>
>>87384640

Whole movie felt pointless other than goldfu making Adam Warlock.
>>
>>87384675
The villain was meh at best, and the ending was effective, but the joke were so bad! Made the film borderline unwatchable for me
>>
I think Suicide Squad is more your speed
>>
>>87384817
SS is trash too. Don't get all defensive MCU faggot
>>
File: PodA.gif (2MB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
PodA.gif
2MB, 500x200px
>>87384640
GOTG 1 was a fun space adventure chase after a McGuffin, GOTG 2 was about forgiving or cutting ties with family members that wrongs you or that you wronged. They aren't quite the same movie but they are both strong, 2 sacrificed some fun for character development.
>>
Why the fuck is Drax such a meme these days? This guy went toe to toe with Thanos.
>>
>>87384849
If it's trash why did it win an Oscar faggot
>>
>>87384859

The problem with 2 is all the development goes to side characters. Drax and Gamora might as well not exist. Quill suddenly has father issues and Rocket isn't going to stop being a sarcastic asshole.

They might as well have just made a Nebula and Yondu movie.
>>
File: PodB.gif (2MB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
PodB.gif
2MB, 500x200px
>>87384931
Every member of the Guardians is significantly different than their comic counterpart. Deal with it.
>>
>>87384936
It won an Oscar for make up. Every hooker can get an Oscar for that faggot
>>
File: PodC.gif (2MB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
PodC.gif
2MB, 500x200px
>>87384937
If you didn't see Rocket's heart break and his realization that his friends forgave him for being a little shit then you weren't watching very carefully. Yeah, he's still going to be an angry little weasel, but he's not going to be as much of a jerk to the Guardians next time we see him because he realizes they accept him and that he wants to belong to the family.
>>
>>87385040

Except like Quill's daddy issues, that was constructed wholly for this film.
>>
>>87385040
>he's still going to be an angry little weasel
he's a dog, dumbass
>>
File: Mantis5.gif (1MB, 268x161px) Image search: [Google]
Mantis5.gif
1MB, 268x161px
>>87385089
It's called character development, dummy. The mystery of who Quill's father was had to be addressed at some point and was a natural progression from the end of the last film. And likewise, Rocket's development is in line with his established emotional issues due to a lifetime of abuse and losing Groot last movie.
>>
GOTG2 took everything that GOTG did and cranked it up to 11. As a result I think the film lost a lot of its tonal balance.

GOTG did a great job of melding humour and character-driven stories in a meaningful way, everyone had a backstory that drove their characters. Peter Quill is a loner, Drax is vengeful, Rocket has a chip on his shoulder about being an experiment. They were individuals, and it was their differences that made them coming together such a satisfying dynamic of conflicting personalities that generated humour. Not to mention it had a great villain for the heroes to bounce off.

GOTG.2 just went from tongue in cheek to pie in face. Drax's dry literal humour turned into just saying inappropriate things at the wrong time. Rocket became grating, Peter became pissy. Stupid shit like the whole taser-face scene got added in to generate laughs, whereas in the first film the humour flowed from organic interactions. Not to mention the retardedly two-dimensional villain who existed simply to be evil.

GOTG isn't a perfect film and GOTG 2 isn't an awful film, but I really feel like the second outing completely misunderstood on how to build off the offbeat charm of the first movie. Less is more in a lot of these cases, but instead we got a half-hearted plot and a heavyhanded dose of gags that replaced any dramatic purpose with whacky situations.
>>
>>87385196
Thanks Chris!
>>
>>87385174

>comes out of nowhere
>development

The mystery of who Quill's dad was, yes. Him suddenly becoming muh daddy who plays catch with me just so he can realize Yondu was his dad is dumb. It's an arc that did nothing to further the character.

Same with Rocket. He behaves the same in this flick as the last one.

The only character that got over established issues from the first was Nebula.
>>
GOTG2 was objectively the best GOTG movie ever made.
>>
File: Okay.gif (2MB, 268x180px) Image search: [Google]
Okay.gif
2MB, 268x180px
>>87385334
What did you think was going to happen when he met his real dad? It could have been anything. Gunn chose to have Pete long after a real dad and that's a perfectly reasonable track to take.

Rocket was not quite the same in this movie. He was a lot angrier toward the Guardians. Last time he teamed up with them to make money and then to save the galaxy, this time he's having second thoughts about the whole deal and it shows up pretty early. The psychology of why he does what he does it based on abandonment issues, which can cause abused or neglected kids to chase away potential friends because they are sure the friends are going to bail on them anyway. And that's pretty much what Rocket is: a horribly abused little kid who grew up with no family, no love, no human comfort, nothing. It's a marvel he's as functional as he is, in the real world this is how you get psychopaths.
>>
File: groob.jpg (168KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
groob.jpg
168KB, 1280x720px
I just watched GotG2 today. It was so shitty. I mean GotG1 wasn't a diamond in the rough or anything but 2 really did feel like a parody of 1, where the writing copied 1 but was weaker all around. The characters were bitches, the dialogue was uninteresting, unfunny, and felt like we were just going through the motions. Oh the evil sister gets along after a fight scene. Oh the powerful dad who means well is actually evil, oh the blue guy who no one likes sacrifices himself to save the main character. It felt so generic and lacking creativity.
>>
>>87384961
Why is the CGI so much more convincing in the first GOTG vs Vol 2?
>>
>>87385499

>it could have been anything

Yes, but only some things make sense. Hell, Gamorra calls him out that he supposedly already found his family in the first.

Rocket was buddies with Groot in the first and was all weepy when he sacrificed himself. They clearly were bonded. In this movie he's an asshole for the sake of being an asshole just to get over it.

There was no organic arc in this movie from the last at all.
>>
GOTG2 almost mad eme hate Rocket why was he such a dick?
Also the dude just put some dynamite on the planet core lmao resolution was bullshit
>>
>>87385727
Recon it would have to do with paying the actors and director more.
>>
Guardians of the Galaxy pales in comparison to 2 in pretty much every way but the soundtrack. But Brandy is a much better song than anything on the first's soundtrack except maybe Come and Get Your Love.
>>
>>87385196
This is exactly how I felt. Glad I'm not taking crazy pills and "One of the greatest superhero movie/sequels of all time" narrative is liberal media bullshit.
>>
>he fell for the "GotG1 isn't a piece of shit it's actually good!" shill meme
LMAO
>>
>>87385499
>It's a marvel
Get your bought opinions out of here you shilly shill shit.
>>
File: 1504057002221.gif (1MB, 200x235px) Image search: [Google]
1504057002221.gif
1MB, 200x235px
>>87384640
>"11 out of 10"
>>
I feel bad for great artists whos music has been brought down to this capeshit nonetheless to use it in the most reddit type scenes imaginable
>>
>>87385900
> I feel bad that artists music gets appreciated as a result of being featured in a film.

> Gunn took an obscure song (Brandy) and made people appreciate it.

It's terrible, anon.
>>
>>87384640
le dance man and company
>>
>>87385991
You disgust me, i bet you loved the Time in the Bottle quicksilver scene.
>>
It's pretty simple in my eyes. GOTG was good. GOTG 2 was meh because it amped up the dumb fucking jokes to 11. They turned it into a bonafide kids movie.
>>
>Nebula:As a child, my father would have Gamora and me battle one another in training.
Every time my sister prevailed...my father would replace a piece of me with machinery...claiming he wanted me to be her equal.But she won...again and again, and again, never once refraining.So after I murder my sister...I will buy a warship with every conceivable instrument of death.I will hunt my father like a dog, and I will tear him apart slowly...piece by piece...until he knows some semblance of the profound and unceasing pain...I know every single day.
>Kraglin: I was talking about, like, a pretty necklace.Or a nice hat.Something to make the other girls go, "Ooh, that's nice!"
>>
The movie was good, /tv/s just full of contrarians
>>
>>87385772
He grew up wondering who his dad was. His mother was always going on about him. And with him being immature being his signature move it's no real surprise Ego wad able to win him over.

Rocket losing Groot in the first movie is one reason he lashed out in this one. His best friend died and he's sure the other will, or abandon him, so he pushes them away so he can at least feel in control of the situation. He's not being rational, it's all an emotional product if his incredibly shitty upbringing.
>>
I watched it on a bad disassociative trip and it's probably the scariest movie I've ever seen and caused a lot of exstistential thoughts. I don't even remember much, I couldn't hear the words and scenes just happened with no discernable story.
I remember the movie being about accepting death and how Ego is supposed to be THE GOD or whatever but I'm pretty sure I imagined that
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-08-20-03h11m47s697.jpg (336KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-08-20-03h11m47s697.jpg
336KB, 1920x1080px
Guardians Vol 2 was a far better film with stronger character and one of the better comic book superhero villains. I'm going to file away your opinion as a pleb, if you preferred the first. Ronan was no one. This movie deepened the relationships between Quill and Gamora, Rocket and Yondu, Gamora and Nebula, and Quill and Yondu. It took its time building to its climax, every action set piece is based off of character and not just for the sake of having action. Yes the human does undercut the drama at times, but it is not a quip fest like the memers on here say. I would love to hear a valid criticism and a reason to prefer the first over the second. Even in terms of shot construction and pacing, the second is much better. I cannot think of a single thing the first one has over this.
>>
>>87384640
Yeah it wasn't as good as the first one. Had way too many quips
>>
>>87386326
>one of the better comic book superhero villains
It was literally the exact same as the Tron movie. At least tron didn't have a giant cgi packman flying across the screen. Worse thing I think I've ever seen in a movie
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.