[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Let me through! >That's my son! >MY BOI!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

>Let me through!
>That's my son!
>MY BOI!
>>
That's My Boy is kino
>>
>>87375828
Calm down men it was the dark lord lol
>>
>>87375828
SQUADALA
>>
>>87375828
hit me in the feels tbqh
>>
>>87375828
This part was surprisingly well acted desu.
>>
>>87375828
fuck this part always gets me.
>>
Only good part of that movie
>>
>>87376582
>best book
>second worst movie
How did they fuck up GoF so bad?
>>
>>87378464
>best book
That's not how you say Order of the Phoenix
>>
>>87379485
>>87378464

Goblet was an incredible book. All of the decisions they made for the film were dreadful. At least order of the Phoenix was a good film too.
>>
File: IMG_5713.jpg (1MB, 1623x2886px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5713.jpg
1MB, 1623x2886px
It really is sad isn't it. Not what's going on in the story mind you, but rather the fact that this poor old codger is trying so hard in vain to bring a level of depth and emotion to one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises, seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though r-right
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.
>>
WAAALT
>>
>>87375828
Yes, yes well done Mr. Diggory, well done HOWEVER!....
>>
File: Riker Red Alert.gif (1MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
Riker Red Alert.gif
1MB, 360x270px
>>87380013
>>
>>87379920
>good film
WRONG
GoF was among the better books, but it still wasn't the best. 5>3>4>2>1>7>6
As for movies 3>2>1>7>4>8>5>6
>>
>>87380013
god finally a first good sentence or two. Those really make or break the copypasta. I still get pleasure when the lead-in is good enough to make you almost forget the pasta is coming up
>>
>>87375828
>Ced Thundercock gets killed by some autistic rat fuck

beta pandering
>>
File: 1419133079830.jpg (356KB, 1264x1818px) Image search: [Google]
1419133079830.jpg
356KB, 1264x1818px
>>87375828
>mfw everyone is clapping and cheering before they realize
>>
>>87380191
>Chad
>Hufflepuff

they should've just euthanized everyone going into this house. The British wizarding community sounds so bleak where you're immediately separated from other personality types at eleven. I guess it's a metaphor for their highly-stratified schooling system
>>
>>87380283
Not to mention they have a house dedicated to saturday morning villains.
>>
>>87380283
Truth is though throughout the series you find characters that act in a way that seems contrary to their house designations.
>>
>>87380283

First saw this meme half a decade ago on Facebook.
>>
>>87380551
Cedric wasn't in Gryffindor and I think that says a lot about him off the bat. At least what the sorting hat saw in him. """Loyalty""" is like how they tell left-handed people they're more creative instead of being attention deficit-ladened mental aberrations
>>
>>87380446
>ask a guy literally named mr Filth to drag a bunch of children and teenagers and chain them deep in the dungeons with the trolls

now I get where shit like hagrid comes from
>>
>>87380670
>chain a group of wizard; the majority of whose loyalties are openly known and apparent
>send a squib without any sort of guards or disarming them at the least
>they're wandering through the castle now, with an army outside

they're basically just counting on them being cucks
>>
>>87380446

>take the sorting quiz on the website
>get sorted into Slytherin
>"lots of people have the wrong idea about Slytherin, we're actually a bunch of A-type go-getting lads who stick together!"

You can't fool me website, you just think I'm an asshole.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.