[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: quotes that hit too close to home

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 11

File: rick redpill.png (447KB, 798x483px) Image search: [Google]
rick redpill.png
447KB, 798x483px
ITT: quotes that hit too close to home
>>
Jerry has done nothing wrong. Rick is a sociopath.
>>
Why is everyone so mean to jerry, every episode treats him like garbage and how it's always solely his fault. I don't get it none of these characters are likable
>>
It's bullshit if someone is really pathetic they are treated terribly unless someone like Beth does it to get back at daddy.

the only reason jerry gets anywhere isn't because of him being pathetic evoking sympathy it's just people using him for their own reasons.
>>
>>87373162
Rick is literally the wet dream of every euphoric fat fedora in the world.
>>
File: 1455967379572.jpg (69KB, 340x372px) Image search: [Google]
1455967379572.jpg
69KB, 340x372px
>It's another psychoanalisys episode
>>
>>87373205
You're almost right. Jerry for the most part *has* done nothing wrong. Despite being both stupid and weak-willed, if you look purely at his actions, he more or less just follows the path of least resistance. If he had lived a normal unchallenged suburban life he would have accomplished no great evil, but no great good either.

But see, when something chaotic happened, say something like an alien invasion and occupation... well then following the path of least resistance means literally SELLING OUT YOUR OWN SPECIES AND COLLABORATING WITH THE OCCUPYING REGIME. This guy was like the fucking Vichy in Nazi-occupied France. The most reprehensible atrocity-enabling surrender monkeys in the history of surrender monkeys.

The character Jerry exists to make a point about the banality of evil. The people who cause the most destruction on this planet aren't the ambitious Machiavellians, the conquerors or the dictators or the conspirators, or the dumb animal petty criminals.

The most dangerous fuckers are the banal cowardly mid-level managers who enable those people to form into regimes and run concentration camps for nothing more than a promotion to upper-mid-level management.
>>
>>87373870
Because he has no work ethic and no job
>>
>>87373870
Well if you run down the list:

>Rick: A genuinely bad guy who's guilty about being an absent father/failed husband so he projects that anger onto Jerry.
>Beth: Will blame literally anyone but Rick for Rick abandoning her, so she blames Jerry. She'll do anything for Rick.
>Summer and Morty: Follow mom's lead.

It's an entire family that exists for the glory of Rick. Jerry even points this out when they're homeless and on the run:

>Jerry: We're just going to let Rick do whatever he wants to us, when he wants, forever, no matter what the consequences are?
>Whole family: Yes
>>
>>87374079
True and I can't relate to him in that way but I feel like he doesn't deserve all the hate he gets by his own family.
>>
>>87374077
>But see, when something chaotic happened, say something like an alien invasion and occupation... well then following the path of least resistance means literally SELLING OUT YOUR OWN SPECIES AND COLLABORATING WITH THE OCCUPYING REGIME. This guy was like the fucking Vichy in Nazi-occupied France.

Oh come on. What the fuck is Jerry supposed to do? The aliens have technology that humans can't even hope to compete with. This isn't Nazis occupying France. This is 21st century America occupying bronze age Britain. You have a point about the banality of evil and mid-level cowards enabling atrocities, but it doesn't really apply here. This is really a case of "there's literally no way of winning, let's just make the best of it".
>>
>>87374113
And when rick gets in trouble and jerry gloats for once he's treated as the bad guy, not the ammoral sociopath paying for his actions
>>
>>87374079
They hated him when he had a job, but yes Jerry is pathetic.

>>87374206
Did he really gloat? I don't remember it too well. I just thought he didn't really mind because again, Rick is awful.
>>
>>87374077
What exactly did the alien government do that was so bad again? Put Beth out of a job with their medical technology was too miraculous?
>>
>>87374166
The fat, poop eating principal joined the resistance there's no reason more people couldn't have. The same was true in Vichy France too. Some people, often the ones you would least suspect, turned out to have the courage to fight for what's right. Most people didn't have it in them. Our goal should always be to be the first kind of person, and to help make a world where more people are too.
>>
>>87374650
You missed the part where they put government robots in every household watching your every move and force-feeding you mind-altering drugs to keep you docile and compliant?
>>
>>87374806
Well said.
>>
me and my reddit friends love this show
>>
>>87373205
purposefully got a flat to trap beth
>>
>>87374077
To be fair, rick set jerry up with that opportunity to sell out to the one-galaxy-government. Most people would not have had that opportunity, hence the fact most the people who lived on earth under galactic rule were aliens and most humans were pushed to the sewers.
>>
>>87374806
>The same was true in Vichy France too. Some people, often the ones you would least suspect, turned out to have the courage to fight for what's right.
No, that's a myth made up by Charles de Gaulles. French resistance basically didn't exist
>>
>>87377222
... yea that's kinda how resistance movements always work. Despite all the MSM bitching, ISIS basically doesn't exist either.
>>
>>87377222
IF the french resistance didn't exist then why did the French govt have so much trouble disarming them after the war?
>>
That never works tho. Pity sex isn't a thing
>>
File: latest.jpg (165KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
165KB, 1920x1080px
>>87373162
I just wanted to enjoy a silly cartoon, and no one will let me. Not the fans, not the haters but especially not the creators with their forced drama.
>>
>>87377732
As a new watcher (only finished season 1), the drama feels astoundingly forced. I can't take it seriously at all when the rest of the show is irreverent. Putting on some soft rock in the background out of nowhere and having the characters cry doesn't = drama
>>
>>87374806
>>87377222
>>87377480
Vichy France is still the wrong comparison. The alien federation was wildly ahead of humans. Literally centuries ahead.
>>
>>87377906
THey also hunted the humans to death and drove them into the fucking sewers.
>>
File: rick intellectual form.png (76KB, 595x719px) Image search: [Google]
rick intellectual form.png
76KB, 595x719px
tfw burdened by my own intellect
>>
File: rick intellectuals.jpg (70KB, 826x767px) Image search: [Google]
rick intellectuals.jpg
70KB, 826x767px
>>
File: rick and morty writer.jpg (35KB, 297x479px) Image search: [Google]
rick and morty writer.jpg
35KB, 297x479px
>>87378143
>>
File: white privilege.png (194KB, 608x379px) Image search: [Google]
white privilege.png
194KB, 608x379px
>>87378174
>>
File: harmon is insane.png (165KB, 822x737px) Image search: [Google]
harmon is insane.png
165KB, 822x737px
>>87378194
>>
File: 1502121199127.png (552KB, 799x661px) Image search: [Google]
1502121199127.png
552KB, 799x661px
>>87378219
>>
>>87373162
me on the right
>>
File: 1502163974685.png (142KB, 722x481px) Image search: [Google]
1502163974685.png
142KB, 722x481px
>>87378262
>>
>>87378219
>>87378262
is Jerry the self insert? Or does he think he's rick
>>
File: beth and rick one true pairing.jpg (175KB, 781x765px) Image search: [Google]
beth and rick one true pairing.jpg
175KB, 781x765px
BETH AND RICK ONE TRUE PAIRING

PLEASE DO IT RICK AND MORTY CREATORS

JUST LIKE THIS
>>
>at least I stayed there for her
>>
>>87378194
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_NeqMAAsBk
>>
>>87377501
>Pity sex isn't a thing
It absolutely fucking is. Lost my virginity at 14 to pity sex. God bless you Becky, and your weird fetish for undersized black boys.
>>
>>87374077
Jerry viciously slaughtered cronenbergs in Rick Potion #9 and became the hero of his wife and daughter. He also brutally killed a monster boss in Big Trouble in Little Sanchez.
>>
>>87378219

Harmon is Pathetic.
>>
>>87377732
Then just ignore the bullshit? It's not hard.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.