[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fire Walk With Me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 9

Now that Twin Peaks: The Return has finished, where do you see FWWM in the scheme of things? To me it's always been an interesting movie in that it acts as both a preface and a postscript to the original series and links both the beginning and the end of the series whilst flipping everything upside down in a strange mobius loop type effect so that now you're seeing the other side whilst travelling the same path. With TP: The Return, the loop has now been broken and twisted even further without ever rejoining itself and eveything is fucked.
>>
>>87363069
I think fire walk with me acted as a bridge to the return, introducing new concepts to old characters and helping expand the universe stylistically from a who-done-it in a tight knit community with some supernatural twists to a bizarre experience that leaves you with something to think about by the end of it.
>>
>>87363069
>>87364577
It is funny how it worked out like that. I mean I wonder if the show had run for six seasons, if they would have done a flashback arc to who killed Laura. But because the execs pushed the killer reveal, which in turn killed the show, we ended up getting a hard R crazy last seven days of Laura Palmer.
>>
I'm not a huge fan of the original Twin Peaks, but Fire Walk With Me is one of my favorite movies.

When Season 3 started, I was sure it was on the right track to surpass it, which would probably have made it my favorite thing ever. However, the finale thoroughly soiled that.

Looks like Fire Walk With Me will stay the best piece of Twin Peaks media!
>>
File: sam-stanley-chet-desmond.jpg (93KB, 1200x645px) Image search: [Google]
sam-stanley-chet-desmond.jpg
93KB, 1200x645px
>ywn see another mystery starring these two
all of fire walk with me is strong, but i often think back to the first forty minutes the most. something about the chemistry between these two, having recently seen the missing pieces, ll of their scenes are 10/10
kiefer sutherland is GOAT
>>
>>87365663
Lol pleb
>>
>>87365663
weak bait
>>
>>87366249
I still haven't seen the Missing Pieces, does it really add a lot to the movie?
>>
I never much cared for Lynch trying to push his degenerate waifu as some kind of tragic savior figure, but I love all the stuff at the beginning. Watching The Return cement the crazy Jeffries scene as one of the most important moments in Twin Peaks lore was pretty great.
>>
File: 1504641872551.jpg (253KB, 700x715px) Image search: [Google]
1504641872551.jpg
253KB, 700x715px
>>87366298
I'm serious though. I'm not looking to argue at all, I'm just a bit disappointed that things had to turn out like this. I wish more than anything that Lynch had just been allowed to make more movies to continue the story.
>>
File: sam.jpg (97KB, 852x474px) Image search: [Google]
sam.jpg
97KB, 852x474px
>>87366488
ye
you can actually see some scenes emulating more of the surreal humor seen on the show, as well as a few extended scenes (jeffries, laura's father being blackmailed) there's also a few scenes that takes place after cooper smashes his head into the mirror.
we all know the best scenes are desmond and sam's.
>>
>>87366488
It's probably one of the best cut scenes compilations ever.
>>
File: Twin Peaks - hungry.jpg (294KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Twin Peaks - hungry.jpg
294KB, 1280x720px
>>87366488
It has some great scenes.
>>
>>87366535

What is the main thing you're disappointed about?
>>
>>87366697
The main thing?

I guess that Cooper (despite being set up as a hero who gets the theme song played to accompany his appearance, like the second coming of Christ) turned out to be a moron.

His plan all along was to un-murder Laura? The whole point of Fire Walk With Me is that death was Laura's only escape! The show presents it all as some revelation, like "oh, guess it was a bad plan," but the second I saw where it was going I knew Cooper was fucking up. Didn't feel like some clever sleight of hand or anything, more like the resolution of a character arc about naivety which never had a set up to resolve.

TL;DR Wow, sure pulled the rug out from under me... by making a character seem confident in an unspoken plan, then revealing the plan and it was just a bad plan all along.
>>
>>87366648
Does anyone know if Lynch's preferred version is the original script? Or if he always knew that a lot was going to be cut out? I can't decide whether to watch the final cut + the missing pieces, or that assembled fan edit from here on out.
>>
Has anyone done a fan edit to splice the missing scenes back into the movie?
>>
>>87368401
yeah
>>
>>87368401
lol should have read this >>87367819 before posting. Where can I find the fan edit?
>>
Remember when Lynch movies had proper endings?

Inland Empire literally made him shit.
>>
File: 1504633412045.png (690KB, 614x614px) Image search: [Google]
1504633412045.png
690KB, 614x614px
>>87365663
>the finale thoroughly soiled that
>>
File: 1491654081176.jpg (21KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1491654081176.jpg
21KB, 400x400px
>>87363069
Who cares, it's been retconned along with the original two seasons. Lynch is a hack.
>>
>>87368508
>he didn't understand The Return
it was practically spoonfed to you lmao
>>
>>87368732
enlighten me then ya stupid Lynch dicksucker
>>
>>87368445
internet
>>
>>87368786
Lynch hates you.
>>
>>87368801
But what's it called?
>>
>>87368889
firewalkwithmefanedit
>>
>>87369857
>I thought Laura was made to counteract BOB not Judy?
Why? Because her face appeared in an orb held by that fat lady?
>Everyone just assumes Laura can destroy Judy or something but that makes no sense to me.
Why would she be able to? This isn't Marvel comics or some shit.
>Wouldn't the giant be the one who could destroy Judy?
You mean the fireman?
>He is basically the good equivalent to Judy.
What makes you say that?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.