[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Patrician reacts only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

>childhood is idolizing godard
>adulthood is realizing truffaut was the superior auteur all along
>>
Real patricians know that both are entry level film course 101
>>
>autism is ever liking Goddard at all
>>
This is pure kino.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrYB8hgyq4s
>>
>>87355502
Fact: Only 400 Blows and Jules et Jim are entry-level.

Most so-called patricians haven't even seen any of his other films, let alone realize that 400 Blows had 4 sequels.
>>
>>87355560
But that's Tati, doofus
>>
Someone make that intelligence/enlightenment tiers image with
>Godard
>Truffaut
>Rivette
>Varda
>>
Breathless and Pierrot le fu are fun, interesting films. Yes, they are entry level (whatever that means) but nobody could make films the same way as Godard. He has his own unique style which you recognise immediately and this is something to admire.
Truffaut never really had his very own voice, the Hitchcock influence was obvious so to speak... Not saying he is a bad director, in fact Truffaut was a much better storyteller than Godard.

They are both good directors but you can replicate Truffaut while you just can't do that with Godard.
>>
>>87355885
Rohmer should be last.

Varda was Left Bank, she wasn't officially part of the club.
>>
>>87356023
That's the joke
>>
>>87355983
Godard's style ossified almost immediately though
>>
Bresson was the best french director of the 60's.
>>
>>87356111
>muh hands
>>
>>87356084
I disagree. I think he evolved from "Breathless" to "Pierrot" while still maintained his typical editing techniques. Of instance he started experimeting a lot with color which he never did before.
>>
>>87356250
*for instance
>>
>>87356250
t. muh 60's Godard

An incredibly immature slew of flicks that only appeal to radical-chic, intellectually bankrupt, sophistic, narcissistic, misanthropic adolescents.

I blame Criterion for perpetuating the myth that Breathless-Week End was his most artistcally fecund period.
>>
>>87355502
No those are only pseud tier """"""patricians"""""". After you watch enough film and rewatch french new wave you can finally understand just how patrish they were.
>>
>>87356377
The 60's were by far his most influental period.
>>
>>87356587
>most influential equals best
Oh, you poor little pleb.
I bet Citizen Kane is your favorite movie, too ;)
>>
File: On the Silver Globe.jpg (110KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
On the Silver Globe.jpg
110KB, 1600x900px
>childhood is idolizing Lynch
>adulthood is realizing Żuławski was the superior auteur all along
>>
>>87356709
I've never said anything about quality. I was answering to you because you said that you blame Criterion for making Godard's 60's era the most famous. The meaning of my answer is that early Godard is not only the most famous because of Criterion but because of the large influence that he had at the time to other directors.
I've never sad that I enjoy these films personally. In fact I'm not much of a fan. But I do admire him because he was a unique director in his heyday. (And still is.)
>>
>>87356709
Sidenote: I do love citizen kane but if I had to pick a favorite movie it would be "Daisies". (1966)
>>
>>87356872
I'm only saying Criterion is perpetuating the myth, not that they started it.

They need to release more of his post-DVG flicks
>>
>>87356974
>daisies
Interesting choice. Czech cinema is underrated. Check out Valerie and Her Week of Wonders if you haven't yet.
>>
>>87356377
Absolutely wrong.
>>
>>87356994
Okay then.
>>87357023
Thanks for the recs. I'm very much into eastern-european modernist cinema (especially polish and hungarian) so I'll check them out.
>>
File: Closely_watched_trains.jpg (69KB, 300x424px) Image search: [Google]
Closely_watched_trains.jpg
69KB, 300x424px
Czech New Wave > French New Wave
>>
>>87357245
It's one movie.
Valerie And Her Week Of Wonders
>>
>>87356767
o shit when did a blu-ray come out
>>
>>87357318
So was he autistic?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.