[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this one of the most incompetently written and amateur shows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

Is this one of the most incompetently written and amateur shows in recent memory? It's AWFUL
>>
It's shit but I like Jim Gordon so I keep watching it
>>
I enjoy it desu. It's silly.
>>
It's okay, better than most non-Netflix capeshit TV. I like that it's fun and more like a comic book. I just wish characters wouldn't be sidelined and then forgotten about or change allegiances so rapidly.
>>
It's a silly over the top cartoony show based on silly over the top cartoony comics. It's pretty enjoyable.
>>
>>87304898
I find they make Jim really really stupid for no reason sometimes, like he's been through so much shit but learns nothing from it.
>>
File: ghotamski.webm (3MB, 880x492px) Image search: [Google]
ghotamski.webm
3MB, 880x492px
>>87304847
best capeshit show on tv you pleb
>>
>>87304847
>>87304898
I do not like Gordon but as he has gotten campier it's gotten better. Bullock was fantastic from ep 1.
>>
>>87304898
Jim "I'm a hard ass do gooder by the books cop btw I'm now edgy as fuck for no reason" Gordon

Don't forget about Barbara "I'm for literally no reason insane now wtf" Keane

And the shitty awful deus machina the writers employed for Ivy, a character that had no development for two fucking seasons and in ALL scenes was literally just 'there' to be a plot hinge for Selina

These hacks don't know how to write. It's a shitshow.

This could have been a good show if they had set it during the 10 year period Bruce Wayne takes to leave Gotham and become Batman. That way the villains could be in reasonable age range for decent TV and there'd be a B story running through the show about Bruce actually becoming Batman instead of an annoying wunderkind. Also Gordon would be on the rise to Commissioner, instead of the never ending limbo the show places him.

Fuck awful show
>>
Captain "giving an impromptu speech on the dais for the 60th time" Barnes
>>
>>87305083
Why is is Gordon so OP?
>>
>>87305222
You leave Michael Chiklis alone, he's my bearfu
>>
>>87304847
it is. it only has good atmosphere. But jim gordon is miscast. they ruined bruce to make Selina seem better. Barbara is trash and so is tabitha. They are now forcing diversity
>>
>>87304847
>hating on the live action version of The Animated Series
gayfag
>>
>>87305272
There's only so many times I'm willing to go along with these speeches before they start to become an obvious formulaic crutch for these hacks

Also why are they always standing around in just the right numbers in front of the dais for these speeches? Hmmmmm
>>
>>87304847
Gotham is fantastic. It's only gotten better since the beginning. It feels like a slightly edgier prequel to Batman: The Animated Series, which is pretty much the best version of batman.
>>
>>87305308
>They are now forcing diversity
Since the beginning the had an ambiguously gay Penguin, Fish, an asian Strange, and a latino Maroni.
>>
File: 1503857234219.jpg (86KB, 1215x987px) Image search: [Google]
1503857234219.jpg
86KB, 1215x987px
>>87305356
>fantastic

inhales
>>
>>87305308
They had to get rid of Barbera, it had to be done to save Gordon. This route immediately fucked any sort of headcanon people were coming in expecting and it worked out pretty great for the whole show. They have to make due with the licenses they're given so I cut them slack on some shit. Tabitha being some Talia expy isn't even awful because <3 Butch.
>>
>>87304847
Just like all capeshit.
>>
>>87305308
I haven't really paid attention to the diversity, yeah I noticed Asian Hugo Strange but so what. Not important. He plays the role as well as he can with what he has been given.

The one thing I think the show does well is how certain villains are written and portrayed e.g. Penguin, Riddler especially, Strange. But they are rarities in an otherwise commonly trite show
>>
>>87305445
Yep, that looks funny and stupid, I can't wait to see it in context. The next season is gonna be focusing on Bruce creating the Batman persona. That looks like the 80s batman helmet. I love it.
And on top of that, I'm pretty certain that the show will acknowledge that it looks ridiculous. Can't wait.
>>
>>87305413
Penguin's been played 100% correct and he got called out and masterfully played for being a homo. Probly just obssessive homo-wannabe, but still well done.

>>87305545
Asian Strange is an improvement since they pulled in the best asian actor still living.
>>
>>87305545
Yeah I didn't care about the diversity either, the only character that I didn't like was Fish.
>>
>>87305413
Penguin being gay is consistently done, so I really don't give a fuck about it; it even has unfortunate implications.

Now, making him psuedo-Trump like Mr. Garrison on South Park and then taking it back by saying he was using the public and secretly loves freaks was dumb.
>>
>>87305308
>Barbara is trash and so is tabitha
Isn't one of them dead now?
>>
post camcam butt
>>
File: strange.jpg (116KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
strange.jpg
116KB, 1500x1000px
>>87305617
Fish is a hard one to place, I love me some Jada but obviously noncanon characters have some tough stuff ahead of them. Positioning her as one of the first supers is pretty ballsy too. Still would bang.

PS this is what a live action strange should look like. 100% nailed that iconic look.
>>
>>87305704
no shes coming back. probably going to be turned into some character from the comics like Butch is grundy
>>
>>87305727
fish was a nod to the black chick who played catwoman from the tv show
>>
>>87305756
Tigress?
>>
>>87305816
Eartha Kitt was pretty fucking hot too, I can dig that.
>>
File: Pottery.jpg (63KB, 574x431px) Image search: [Google]
Pottery.jpg
63KB, 574x431px
I love that they brought peewee back as Penguin's dad.
>>
It's a guilty pleasure. I don't even like capeshit. Just >>87304898
>>
>>87306427
It's barely even capeshit, it's capeshit logic in a capeless world and that's been really great so far and it's like the most comic fanservicey versions of the world.
>>
Now that Camren Bicondova (the actress that plays Selina Kyle) is 18, will she have a full body latex costume?
>>
File: download.jpg (4KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4KB, 260x194px
>>87304847
It's okay, lots of stuff I don't like. Also, I thought this bitch was going to be Harley Quinn.
Her name is even fucking Lee
. After she injected that shit she displayed all the traits and even had a run-in with The Joker
>>
>>87306498
Yeah, that's why I like it, it's not too "capeshitty", sometimes vilains like Nygma are over the top but it's still an enjoyable show.
>>
>>87306559
lets hope so she needs to show off more of that brapper
>>
>>87306568
But nygma is beaten by abusing his real-life plausible autism, not with magic detective skills or anything like that. Penguin being just a little runty fuck who lashes out with that sort of brutal little kid vs. bully violence is perfect. The actual crime families still being in play is great, too.
>>
>>87306568
I think it went way over the top when Penguin and Riddler starter to try and kill each other because Riddler rejected Penguin's homosexual advances.
>>
Is it confirmed Erin Richards is out, or is it just a ruse?
>>
>>87306564
her character is from the comics though
>>
>>87306677
I hope it's a ruse, why can't we ditch trashy Thomkins instead?
>>
>>87304847
Fuck off it's fun. Best capeshit on television right now.
>>
Daredevil season 1> Gotham
Gotham> daredevil season 2
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.