[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tpg/ - Twin Peaks general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 427
Thread images: 62

Peak Americana Edition

Meanwhile: >>87293601
>>
>no set design, feels empty and lifeless
>no interesting ideas for storylines and generally bad writing
>relies on gimmicks only instead
>those are unoriginal or just bad, unfortunately ("fuck you, albert", glove, andy and lucy, coordinates, riddles, ...)
>bad acting (Bell, Lynch, Horse, Robertson, Dern, ...)
>dull characters (one-dimensional at best)
>storylines and characters are introduced for no purpose
>everything is supposed to weirdly connect and make sense
>shot in digital in a way that doesn't compensate for the technology's disadvantages (looks bad)
>roadhouse scenes (out of place, badly shot, the songs, the bands, the extras, ...)
>student-tier storytelling/editing (characters are shown walking up complete sets of stairs)
>stretched out needlessly, long takes have no particular effect
>everything above is literally cringe-tier in concept and implementation
>obviously delusional and/or inexperienced fanbase perceiving it as particularly meaningful, complex or "deep"
>can't compare to the original series that doesn't have those problems (coherent/complex and beautiful sets, costumes and make-up/well shot/well acted/well written/magnificent multi-dimensional characters and character relations, music, storylines and gimmicks/creates a unique athmosphere as a result, changing the world of television forever whereas "the return" neither manages to do something established really good nor to invent something new)
>somehow the best thing in tv history
>>
Blueballs: the tv show.
>>
utter shit.
>>
>>87294796
haha
>>
oh man what a shame
>>
season 4 is go
>>
Through the darkness of FUTURE PAST

THE MAGICIAN longs to see

One chants out BETWEEN TWO WORLDS

FIRE WALK WITH ME
>>
>>87294882
THIS WAS THE WORST PART OF TWIN PEAKS EVER

THE BULLETS SHOULD FIRE WHEN PUT INTO HOT OIL

I AM SO FUCKING ANGRY
>>
>>87294892
No, it was shit. Fuck you cunt.
>>
What was the credit music?
>>
File: what_year_is_it.jpg (59KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
what_year_is_it.jpg
59KB, 480x360px
>>
>>87294892
you really fucked up your own post by saying S1&2 were better
no memes for u
>>
So what's the best way to sort legitimate criticism about The Return vs complaints from plebs who probably didn't like Fire Walk With Me and were expecting a rehash of season 1 Twin Peaks.
>>
The shit has come out of my ass
>>
>>87295056
If they use the word 'filler', they're scum.
Only appropriate criticism of S3 is too much exposition from Albert and Gordon re: Blue Rose
>>
File: unlimitedpower.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
unlimitedpower.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Look at how many generators that had in that joint. They had enough to power a deathstar.
>>
>Why does tpg think Sarah is Judy
>Is the Experiment Judy
>Why does Sarah smash Laura's picture
>Who was the creepy Diane standing behind the pillar at the motel while Coop was checking in
>Why did Diane's pussy send Cooper to another timeline
>What year is it
>What did (Carrie Paige) scream at
>Was that leland's voice yelling "LAURA"
>What how haba who fuck
>>
https://www.alternativenation.net/twin-peaks-julee-cruise-calls-finale-slap-face-emperor-david-lynch/

BTFO
>>
>>87294952
>tells the fry cook to move away as he doesn't know if the oil is hot enough to set off the bullets
>doesn't move away himself
What did he mean by this?
>>
Why do people think the old timeline's been erased? If it got destroyed by Coop saving Laura in the past, why would he have to drive to the 430 point to access the new timeline?

If anything it just seems like Coop's in a slightly less comfy realm of his own creation
>>
File: 1504514121319.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1504514121319.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
you just know
>>
Reminder that the whole point of creating a new world is to deal with the issue of actors dying and shit. Now they don't need to address why Albert isn't in season 4.
>>
>>87295022
OH ANGELO
>>
>>87295158
See you in 25 years.
>>
This ending was awesome

You cannot escape the terror that is Judy
>>
can we talk about jowday now
>>
>>87295082
What about the final Bob climax being a fucking joke, and most of the new plot in the town of Twin Peaks being pointless?
>>
Pool's closed bitch.
>>
>>87295169
That Sonny Jim Jones kid as Special Agent Dale Cooper.
>>
>>87295158
But the point of a new season would be Richard Coop trying to get back to the original timeline so I think you're wrong
>>
File: 1504505445002.webm (738KB, 1500x842px) Image search: [Google]
1504505445002.webm
738KB, 1500x842px
>people saying Coop got a sad ending when he gets to pork this plump milf every night in his new universe
>>
>>87295158
THERE WON'T BE A SEASON 4

NO ONE IS GONNA PAY FOR IT
>>
File: 1503812635668.png (363KB, 805x808px) Image search: [Google]
1503812635668.png
363KB, 805x808px
ARRRRRRRGH I HATE IT

I CANT TAKE IT

WHY DIDNT HE JUST END IT AFTER THE SHERRIFS STATION

WHY BRING TIME TRAVELS ALTERNATE UNIVERSES INTO THIS

ALL TO SEE SHERYL LEE AGAIN

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

FUCKING KEK BETA LYNCH IT SHOULD'VE STOPPED BEING ABOUT LAURA PALMER YEARS AGO

THIS IS WORSE THAN PERMA DOUGIE

FUCK IT ALL TWIN PEAKS CAN GO TO HELL I DON'T GIVE A FUCK ANYMORE
>>
File: 1503634731314.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1503634731314.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
To the people who might have been confused by the end or think there's plot inconsistencies, while I won't go into any theories specifically or deny any criticism you might have. I do think it's important to understand several parallels drawn by David Lynch and where he took inspiration from to truly get what he was going for (or was trying to go for). I'm not going to explain any theory in and of itself, but I will try to lay a general line of thinking out on the table.

There's a clear inspiration taken by Lynch from a certain genre of anime, in particular the likes of Angel Beats (2010) and Charlotte (2015). Both heavily criticized for doing the exact same thing Twin Peaks did but it really does all fit together well if you're of an high IQ enough to understand and appreciate this type of story. I know this might come of as unbelievable but there's many similarities here and if you want a less complex version that might help you understand the Season 3 Finale of Twin Peaks I think it's best to have seen the aforementioned shows.
They might be a little rough, and things might seem odd. But that's exactly why it compares so well to Twin Peaks. You can see, going from the first to the second show the time that has passed in real time reflects within the show itself. AB (?) C (?). It's a rollercoaster ride much like Twin Peaks was (is? season 4?) and will likely help you answer many of the problems you might have had with the ending of the third season of Twin Peaks. They're diamonds in the rough. They're the crude oil running through the veins of our inner sanctum. But at the end of the day you can better understand Lynch as a person, a creator, and, most importantly, a human. What his eyes saw and what he tried to reflect. Through the works so brilliantly parodied by him that go beyond a subconscious mind.

If you've got 10 hours of free time, and want to understand Twin Peaks on a much higher plane, consume these 2 shows. Thank me later.
>>
File: 5948359.gif (3MB, 540x350px) Image search: [Google]
5948359.gif
3MB, 540x350px
>he's trapped forever in another world completely alone, knowing that he failed Laura and the rest of the world, and is probably slowly losing his identity and will forever cease to be Cooper
>all because he wanted to do the right thing and save an innocent girl's life
Thoughts? Let it all out, it's cathartic to the healing process.
>>
Did you guys notice when Albert tells Cole that he's gone "soft" in his old age, after Cole retorts "not where it counts," Tammy gives him the look? Does this confirm that Lynch has dicked Chrysta Bell? Please she is my new waifu I hoped she was pure.
>>
File: horse.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
horse.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>87295116
>>Why does tpg think Sarah is Judy
She is. Remember the bar scene?
>>Is the Experiment Judy
No.
>>Why does Sarah smash Laura's picture
She was furious that Laura had escaped her death.
>>Who was the creepy Diane standing behind the pillar at the motel while Coop was checking in
That was a vision of Linda, Diane's persona in that reality.
>>Why did Diane's pussy send Cooper to another timeline
It didn't. They both ended up in the new reality but Diane was overwritten by Linda and forgot her Diane memories.
>>What year is it
2017. Cooper had an iWatch and drove a late model car.
>>What did (Carrie Paige) scream at
She suddenly remembered some of Luara's memories from the other reality.
>>Was that leland's voice yelling "LAURA"
I think it was Leland, but most people say it was Sarah.
>>
>>87295222
>>87295156
HAHAHAHAHA
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkXMnOLrN4M

So when does this scene take place and what is he trying to tell Cooper? I'm so confused.
>>
>>87295116
>Was that leland's voice yelling "LAURA"

I totalyl missed the "Laura" yell when I watched the episode on TV, rewatching with headphones on the computer it def sounds like Sarah's voice though.
>>
>>87294952
At the right temperature it takes about 5 minutes to set off bullets in a deep fryer.

Source: Hipster and a Walrus.
>>
>>87295220

WE WILL FUND IT THROUGH KICKSTARTER IF WE HAVE TO

YOU UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF /TPG/
>>
>>87295153
>Why do people think the old timeline's been erased?
Because Laura isn't Laura, and Twin Peaks is completely different.
>If it got destroyed by Coop saving Laura in the past
At no point does Coop save Laura. Well maybe indirectly when he's walking her through the woods, but that's not when he destroys the current world. That happens the moment he time travels. Also, time isn't linear in the lodge. So if Coop really did go back in time (we don't know) he didn't do so linearly.
>>
>>87295257
>She is. Remember the bar scene?
Yeah, I remember that in the bar scene you can see the jumping mans nose come from her 'behind' her face.
>>
Making a fourth season would completely undermine the emotional impact of S3's finale. I'm fucking crushed by Cooper's fate but goddamn if it isn't a great ending.
>>
>>87295266
>what is he trying to tell Cooper?
He's either telling Cooper to go to the alternate dimension, or warning him about it. I haven't decided which.
>>
>>87295191
If a hypothetical season 4 has a happy, restored ending it'll be brief so they don't have to get everyone.
>>
>>87295241
also freddie was frost's pathetic OPM reference

the whole season is a battle of lynch and frost's anime tastes, the cerebral vs typical shounen
>>
>>87295220
Showtime just made over a hundred million off the Mayweather/McGregor fight, they've got some extra money to throw around.
>>
>>87295098
enough power to ... create a nuclear blast?
>>
>>87295244
The best part is, if Season 4 happens, it will probably be a lot about Coop suffering from what you described.
>>
Is Evangelion worth watching? Always see people compare it to Twin Peaks here. Is End of Evangelion on a whole different level compared to the main series?
>>
>>87295266
I think this is taking place as Bad Cooper is inside the cage in the White Lodge. The giant is giving Cooper instructions (430 miles, Richard and Linda, sounds which mean that the Fireman/Giant is the one who took away Laura in the forest). Cooper got here right after the Iron Fist fight in the Sheriff's station, after he yells "GORDON!"
>>
File: 1500053912999.jpg (114KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1500053912999.jpg
114KB, 960x960px
>>87294882
Why was Jerry Horne even included throughout the series?

What happened to Audrey?

What year was it?
>>
>>87295257

Okay, so who/what is the Experiment? Mother? Judy? Sorry buddy I'm a brainlet.
>>
>>87295222
This tbqh. I just wanted a reasonably satisfying ending. Didn't need all of the questions answered, but don't end it on a fucking cliffhanger after bringing it back decades later.
>>
>>87295266
jesus christ
>>
>>87294892
That pasta has evolved pretty good. On point. Could use some improvements by a native speaker.
>>
File: ifit.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ifit.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>If it isn't the great good-cop Andy, come to save the day
>>
>>87295257
>Is the Experiment Judy
>No.
Imagine being this dumb.
>>
>>87295294
FWWM at least had closure for Coop and Laura. They had each other for comfort. This is just a complete kick in the balls to them and everyone who loved them, so I can see why people would want a happier ending.

Like shit, Laura was raped for years by her demonically possessed father and self destructed before being murdered by him and trapped in a hell dimension. Hasn't she suffered enough? Hasn't Cooper?
>>
>>87295340

Because she was created to stop Jow-Deuh.
>>
There obviously will be a season 4. There's no doubt in my mind.
>>
>>87295382
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-bbYH_akHg
>>
>>87295220
For anyone who wants to see a season 4, what are you hoping to see exactly? Everything that could have been shown was shown.
>>
>>87295316
Oh yeah I keep forgetting the OPM self-insert
>>
File: 1500043645250.jpg (24KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
1500043645250.jpg
24KB, 540x405px
>>87295244
The Woody Wood Peckers say he still hasn't suffered enough.
>>
>>87295340
Laura was created after the Fireman and the Opera lady witnessed her create BOB, so there's a good chance Laura could be a threat.

We don't know the full extent of Judy's power, Laura may have some dangerous White Lodge mojo we don't know about, or just be "the chosen one"
>>
>>87295270
>Laura being horrified by Sarah's voice

GUYS, what if Judy was torturing Laura all those years while possessing Sarah? We assumed it was just Bob in that house. Maybe both of her parents were possessed and the audience is just never privy to it. If Laura is the one thing that can defeat Judy, maybe Bob and Judy conspired to possess both of her parents at a young age.
>>
>>87295098
ELECTRICITY
>>
>>87295340
Judy... Judy... Jud... Jude.... hmmmmmmmmmm, Jude in German means...
>>
>>87295403

Coop and Briggs entire plan was to confront and stop Jow-Deuh. She's been an incredibly powerful force for evil on earth for eons. That's what happens in season 4.
>>
>Judy
>(((judy)))
>(((judaism))
>>
>>87295413
THE BOYS!
>>
>>87295348
Yes, but you should watch the series first, else you won't understand shit in EoE.
>>
>>87295257
Wait, so Laura is the creation of BOB and Judy? If this is the case why would they want to destroy her?
>>
>>87295417
>Twin Peaks goes from a focused story about a detective investigating the supernatural murder of an abused young woman to a story about the chosen one who is destined to defeat an eldritch horror
Great writing
>>
File: hmm.jpg (15KB, 532x320px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.jpg
15KB, 532x320px
What was Booper's endgame? WHy did he even need the coordinates? Just to show up up in TP and get killed immediately?
>>
>>87295116
>Who was the creepy Diane standing behind the pillar at the motel while Coop was checking in
I took it as a vision of her tulpa/her trauma, which is why she had to cover Coop's face during sex and seemed in pain, she couldn't get over her trauma after all.

>>87295222
because you really shouldn't expect happy conventional endings with Lynch
>>
>>87295450
I don't think so, we specifically saw the giant with the laura palmer dragonball
>>
>>87295147
>Julee Cruise and Michael J. Anderson BTFO they weren't invited after clearly losing it even when the original show was airing
>>
What happened to Chet Desmond?
>>
>>87295374
I interpreted Judy as an ancient spirit possibly older than human civilisation itself.
>>
>>87295471
trapped in the lodge forever
>>
>>87295450

Laura was created by the Fireman and Senorita Dido (the fat lady in the purple fortress) to fight BOB after they say Jow-Deuh create BOB and send him to earth in an egg after the Trinity test.
>>
>>87295471
Who fucking cares? I can't believe you guys like him so much.
>>
>>87295457
This t/b/h Not liking this part of where things are heading so much. Like Cooper when he's just a guy doing stuff and not part of some large supernatural master plan to save reality.
>>
>>87295461
Really makes you ponder....
>>
>>87295461
I'm pretty sure the implication is that he was being set up by Major Briggs to be killed. He thought Briggs' coordinates would lead him to Judy, instead they only led him to britbong fist.
>>
>>87295429
>>87295439
except for the whole fact that cole already said it was from some ancient term 'jiao dai,' which conveniently means 交代 "explain" in Chinese

but continue being retarded I guess
>>
>>87295403
I'm hoping to see how far Lynch apologists are willing to go. The season 4 finale could be Laura Dern reading Mark Frost's tweets while she's on the toilet and they'd still praise it.
>>
>>87295466
I suppose so, from what we know Sarah and Leland Palmer were both possessed at a young age by BOB and Judy. It almost has a fatalist theme to it, it was fate that Sarah and Leland would meet and have a child (Laura) that the Giant had planned. But BOB and Judy wanted her dead for some reason.
>>
>>87295471

Trapped in one of those hotel rooms in that black lodge hell dimension.
>>
>>87295475
There are like 50 different characters you can ask that about
>>
>>87295461
I thought he was looking for Judy.
>>
within a month's time one of the following will happen:

>Frost does a series of tweets explaining the ending

or

>a "We left some things unresolved and hanging for a reason.. stay tuned.." type statement from Frost
>>
File: BadCoop.jpg (165KB, 724x800px) Image search: [Google]
BadCoop.jpg
165KB, 724x800px
>evil as fuck super villain with super strength and adamantium plot armor
>killed by an actually retard
>>
They blew it. Wonderful setup from episode 16 but they fucking blew it.
>>
File: 2.png (170KB, 486x386px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
170KB, 486x386px
Leo is still hanging in there right?
>>
File: AgentDesmondBendsSteel.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
AgentDesmondBendsSteel.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>87295490
>>
>>87295505
On the other hand. It might actually be really solid and redeem everything and be literally perfect.

No matter what happens. We always win
>>
The worst part about all of this is that I knew this ending was coming but i stuck around for the ride anyway just to see how it'll end.
God dammit, I got LYNCH'D.
>>
>>87295461
Where did the coordinates even lead to?
>>
>>87295490
he has his own M.O
MODUS OPERANDI
>>
>>87295522
Not going to happen, Lynch and Frost are going to leave us blue balled.
>>
So people saying that Sarah Palmer is possessed by Judy. We have clearly seen that she is possessed by the Jumping Man.

Do you guys think Jumping Man = Judy?
>>
>>87295493
Yeah and when we see Cooper come to Twin Peaks in season 1 he's just a regular FBI guy with some quirks and an interest in Zen stuff. Now he was apparently already a part of some secret group investigating supernatural phenomena.
>>
>>87295541
A portal to the white lodge.
>>
>>87295541
They led him to that vortex that sent him to the fireman, who sent him to the sheriffs station.

I really don't understand.
>>
>>87295557
doesn't matter, we'll never know for sure anyway
>>
>>87295541
To jack rabbits palace, AKA the giant's domain, AKA the white Lodge
So the giant just poofed him into the worst possible location where he knew good coop was headed.
Bad coop is a fucking moron for being baited so easily.
>>
>>87295309
>>87295349
So the Fireman wants Coop to go back (not really caring about the world being re-written) and find 'Laura'? If that's the case, then why save her in the forest (if it was even him)? Also Judy is furious that Laura escapes her death. So why have Coop go back to find Laura when it's essentially the only way Judy can find her again, this entity you've created to combat her? The lack of time in the lodge further complicates this. It seems more like a plan the Fireman had initially, but things changed when Coop was walking Laura through the woods, and MIKE and Jeffries fucked things up by helping Coop continue the Fireman's initial plan.
>>
>>87295348
Evangelion was a Mecha show that got really weird when the director, Annoying, got all depressed. It wasn't popular during its running time, only getting popular later on, and the budget blew out before the show could end, so the last episodes of the series are rushed stills of the finale that take a more psychological and personal view towards the main character's thoughts of the end. End of Evangelion is the big movie they put out way later that is the actual de facto ending that the series was originally supposed to have. Now Anno is still a depressed but rich Jap, and he currently puts out movies in a reboot project of Evangelion, the Rebuild series. Watch the original series, the End of Eva. If you don't mind CGI anime, you can watch the Rebuild movies, though they received mixed reactions from fans and don't really start doing their own thing until the end of the second Rebuild movie. I think it's worth watching as a classic at the very least, and End of Eva has some really neat scenes that are worth watching the series for. Just keep in mind that there's a lot of "artsy" scenes where nothing happens for a really long time in some of the episodes towards the middle and end when the budget was running out. I wouldn't really compare it to Twin Peaks aside from some artsy stuff, psychological focus, and general depressing themes though.
>>
>>87295557
I doubt it, in the scene in the store BOB appeared to have control over the Jumping Man, when BOB clapped his hands Jumping Man stopped jumping around.

I highly doubt BOB is higher in the hierarchy than Judy.
>>
>>87295147

>https://www.alternativenation.net/twin-peaks-julee-cruise-calls-finale-slap-face-emperor-david-lynch/

>Triggered midget
>Triggered Julee
>Triggered Sherilyn

The amount of self importance from some of these people is nuts. Julee's a relatively iconic part of Twin Peaks but these people were paid to be part of a show and they aren't entitled to be major parts of the revival.
>>
>>87295475
why can't that be the experiment?
"the experiment" doesn't necessarily imply some manhatten project type thing
though if she was born in the trinity test don't forget all these characters keep jumping around in time, meaning she could be born then and still be known to ancient civilisations
>>
This house scares the shit out of me. Even before the lights blew it just carries this palbable evil.
>>
>>87295524
Not retarded anymore. She knows how cellphones work.
>>
>>87295348
Ah whoops, meant Anno, not Annoying. Sorry, phone posting.
>>
>>87295623

Yeah it has 25 years of bad juju. All those up angle shots of it and knowing the terrible things that happened in there.
>>
i'm gonna be thinking about the line, "What year is it?" for a while
>>
File: chet.jpg (113KB, 1024x554px) Image search: [Google]
chet.jpg
113KB, 1024x554px
>>87295566
He had already taken over the case Chet Desmond had been on.

That's why he brought the Laura Palmer murder under FBI investigation when he found the clue under her fingernail.
>>
>>87295541
to naido obviously
why he wanted her is anyone's guess though
imo she was the dreamer and he wanted to kill her to end the dream and existence itself
>>
>>87295598
I forgot that Ray was an informant. So Jeffries, Gordon and Briggs were all working together to lure DoppleCoop into a trap.
>>
webrip where?
>>
File: 1504425419240.jpg (154KB, 1280x824px) Image search: [Google]
1504425419240.jpg
154KB, 1280x824px
My only complaint is that the Twin Peaks sequence felt rushed. We barely got Coop back at all and didn't get to see any good interaction with the old characters. Even Boop got more interaction with the police force
>>
I'm so mad at how they handled good Coop finally arriving in Twin Peaks in episode 17
>>
>>87295348
Also, original series, THEN End of Eva, fuck.
>>
Why did Cooper begin to feel off as soon as they drove into the 430 zone or whatever? It's like DoppleCoop and normal Coop merged together.

He was practically lifeless when he fucked Diane.
>>
>We will have to reconcile with the question that if someone from outside our familiar world gains access to our plane of existence, what ramifications will that entail? There might be forces at work from deep dimensional space, or from the future…or are these one in the same? Think of the events that could have splintered time? The things that could have laid the seed for a starting point for this development? Perhaps technological innovations or the assassination of President Kennedy?
>>
>>87295348
Its alright, nothing to do with Twin Peaks. People like comparing everything to everything.
>>
>>87295656
>first two locations are a trap
>HMM BETTER INVESTIGATE THIS THIRD ONE ON MY OWN WITH NO SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
>>
>>87295675
all his jolliness was gone. he was acting like a robot
>>
>>87295608
The thing is that End of Evangelion, while being weird as fuck, at least gave us a definitive, satisfying ending.
It had a ton of artistic integrity while also giving the audience what they wanted, which is great.
>>
>>87295675

He kept his memories as Cooper but obviously didn't completely erase Richard.
>>
I feel bad for the Japanese actress. She deserved more than 5 minutes of chicken noises.
>>
File: DEa4mhvWAAEiN-n.jpg (270KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DEa4mhvWAAEiN-n.jpg
270KB, 1200x1200px
>>87295471
He's trapped inside cheetos.
>>
File: boy.png (281KB, 629x684px) Image search: [Google]
boy.png
281KB, 629x684px
what was his deal?
>>
>>87295707
>chicken noises

That was JAPANESE you racist scum.
>>
>>87295727
what was literally everyone's deal
>>
File: 1467748390692.jpg (47KB, 608x676px) Image search: [Google]
1467748390692.jpg
47KB, 608x676px
>>87295156
Does Coop really had so much hero complex that HE FUCKIN' HAD to travel back in time and save Laura?? His heroic autism reminds me of certain someone with similar hero complex autist.

Apparently it is not enough to come back after 25 years, defeat BOB soundly and rejoin the gang for one last cup of joe. But why though? Why travel back in time and save Laura specifically? Why not travel further back in time, and save Leland and save Laura from being abused (we know before her death Laura's been abused by Leland). Why stop there? Why don't he travel back in time to save literally everyone from everything bad that had ever happened.
>>
What the hell have i just watched... i just got Lynched hard.
>>
>>87295727
he is a lodge spirit that creates twins of sounds
>>
>>87295727
He represented season 1 and 2fags, who had been left in a state of drooling madness after the severe LYNCHING they had received.
>>
>>87295727

WHAT WAS HIS DEAL!
>>
>>87295727
I felt pure disgust whenever they showed his face.
>>
>>87295727
this guy was injured so badly, he probably needed to go to a hospital
>>
>>87295675
He felt off the moment he left the red room and met Diane in the woods. He didn't seem particularly thrilled that he was finally out and seeing her for the first time in a quarter century.
>>
>>87295746
>Apparently it is not enough to come back after 25 years, defeat BOB soundly and rejoin the gang for one last cup of joe.

Would have been bland as fuck. You'd be more at home on reddit.
>>
>>87295667
Yeah, it was way too serious with no breathing time at all.
>>
File: myufpnn3lsjz.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
myufpnn3lsjz.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>87295746
We know Laura is a big deal and not just some murdered chick. After spending all that time in the lodge, I'm sure Cooper is privy to that knowledge as well. He's essentially Samurai Jack right now, trying to travel back into the past to defeat the evil that is Judy, but keeps getting roadblocked.
>>
So what was the deal with Naido?
>>
>>87295783
>Coop has known these people for like a month
>>
>>87295783
Why is Cooper such a cunt? He promised he would return. In stead he sends another fucking body double.
>>
>>87295358
>>87295377
>>87295664
"only complaint" posters don't seem to get that what they're refering to is not the problem. all that stuff could work really well if it wasnt for the problems already listed in fp.
>>
>>87295817
That was a tulpa you nigger.
>>
>>87295702
Oh for sure, End of Eva is great. People still bitch about the ending line despite the ending pretty much concluding every major plot line in the series, but those are the people that think everything needs an explanation. Some things work better as mysteries, but I can honestly say that End of Eva is a very conclusive and decisive ending for the series.
>>
>>87295783
>Lynch gives us a semblance of a happy ending before taking it all away towards the end
Quite literally poetic. It sets the tone in such a way that you think things are going to be okay, but they aren't. Far fucking from it. Things turned out so bad that besides three fucking people, the entire world got overwritten.
>>
File: reddit.png (10KB, 882x113px) Image search: [Google]
reddit.png
10KB, 882x113px
>>
>>87295783
This is the happy ending that everyone wants. No matter how bleak things get for Cooper, there will be one version of him out there thriving.
>>
Even though the finale was undoubtedly tight, I really wish we got an Albert and Cooper scene
>>
How does this ending fit with the ending of FWWM at all? When does Laura and the angel happen?
>>
>>87295860
Watching TV at all is a waste of time.
>>
>>87295675
I'm convinced we actually saw Dopplecoop or maybe as you say, a merger. When he walked into the office of the motel I figured Dopplecoop was going to come out of it again. The way he said 'come here' to Diane was cold as fuck. Good Cooper never would have been so weird about the whole scene at Judy's.

My theory is that what we witnessed at least in some way Dopplecoop (or the dark side of a merged Cooper) trying to bring Carry/Laura back to Twin Peaks to MOTHER/Judy/ Sarah but because Cooper managed to 'change' reality MOTHER/Judy/Sarah probably moved out of the house long ago (if she even ever lived there anymore).
>>
>>87295583
It was a trap. Hence him in a cage being sent to his death. He even said, "what's this?"
>>
>>87295837
>escapes from the mirror dimension back to his own
>can only do this by merging his consciousness into the new body
>abandons the family again
It wasn't out of charity, he created the body for safety.
>>
>>87295505
This. I wouldn't watch a season 4, I could barely make it through this garbage. I'd rather have Lynch make Inland Empire 2, if only for the fact it'd be 16 hours shorter
>>
File: 1501680570423.jpg (101KB, 1108x831px) Image search: [Google]
1501680570423.jpg
101KB, 1108x831px
>>87295783

>yfw that is the real coop

I'd pick naomi watts over dern's grandma pussy any day
>>
>>87295322
Who made that much off a fight where the outcome was all but preordained?
>>
>>87295783
Is the Doug tulpa still retarded or not??
>>
File: DI2I054WAAAUGVm.jpg (37KB, 640x479px) Image search: [Google]
DI2I054WAAAUGVm.jpg
37KB, 640x479px
>>87295860
>>
>>87294892
first post best post. Fuck Lynchfags who claim this is high art. This was just a 78 year old farting around with his own ego
>>
So, black lodge, white lodge...woodsman inn where jeffries is renting a room??
>>
>>87295694
>Uses two complete hicks that get themselves killed in the most retarded way as his most trusted assassins

Him falling into the trap wasn't the 1st clue.
>>
>>87295837
He planned to continue working for the FBI and doing good in the world or maybe he expect to die against evil Coop, he did want to be stuck as an insurance agent in a boring middle class life with a generic family that didn't even belong to him.
>>
>>87295906
Mayweather made over 350 million by himself.
>>
>>87295899
>mirror dimension

The fuck?
>>
>>87295893
That's a good theory, anon.
>>
File: yrev.webm (3MB, 850x480px) Image search: [Google]
yrev.webm
3MB, 850x480px
Was there more to Harry being sick in the end? Was there lodge or timeline fuckery that sidelined him?

>>87295915
You sound like Tarantino after FWWM
>>
>>87295944
The richard and linda dimension you mong.
>>
>>87295505
Why do you even bother posting? You aren't going to convert anyone who appreciates lynch's work. Why don't you go back to your got threads. Its safer there for you.
>>
>>87295860
I feel the same way but I'm not that bitter, I'd still watch it again if I knew the ending from day one. It was enjoyable until the very last episode.
>>
>>87295860

How can something be a waste of time if you enjoyed 16 of the 18 hours? Do people think an ending they disagree with invalidates their emotional responses before it?
>>
>>87295955
Tarantino was right about Lynch being up his own ass.
>>
>>87295912
I think the way he spoke was meant to leave it ambiguous, but I feel like it was Dougie, and will keep happily repeating stuff forever.
>>
File: 1353053887862.jpg (17KB, 397x262px) Image search: [Google]
1353053887862.jpg
17KB, 397x262px
Who /depressedbycoopsfate/ here

He keeps trying to solve Laura's mystery and save her, but it's just not possible. Poor lad.
>>
>>87295966
>don't like Twin Peaks so you automatically have to like got

I only consume the highest standard of art. Sight and Sound poll stuff. Nothing your pea brain could handle.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-09-04-19h57m28s37.png (949KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-09-04-19h57m28s37.png
949KB, 1280x720px
*tips fedora*
>>
>>87295955
>Was there more to Harry being sick in the end? Was there lodge or timeline fuckery that sidelined him?

The actor didn't want to return. I didn't care for them adding Frank though. Hawk should have been made sheriff while Harry just went quietly into retirement. Just say he's living in Utah now or some shit.
>>
>>87295860
Yeah yeah, LYNCHED and whathaveyou but it's inexcusable to introduce plotlines that don't have any sort of attempt at resolution. I'm pretty sure Lynch is planning a season 4 because that's not part of his usual MO - Modus Operandi
>>
>>87295998
yah, wtf was that?
>>
>>87295982
Tarantino is a hack who has the same gimmick in every movie.
>>
>>87295783
>creates a tulpa to stay with family
>real self ventures into another dimension to fight evil spirits
Characters women will NEVER understand
>>
>>87296002
Wasn't the story that the actor was happy to come back but Lynch didn't want him?
>>
Imagine being this lynched

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8GwraMiK1E
>>
>>87295997
Do shut the fuck up.
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comments/6xw50h/no_spoilers_heres_a_picture_of_the_roadhouse_mc/

WE DID IT /TV/REDDIT
>>
>>87295882

Laura was never murdered, so never.
>>
>>87295998
Top kek, if that had happened earlier in the season it would have been prime meme material for /tpg/
>>
>>87296018
And Lynch doesn't use the same gimmicks? I don't like Tarantino's work but he was right about Lynch when he said that.
>>
>>87296024
No, the actor was super happy to return then just 180'd and wanted nothing to do with it. Couldn't even get his ass for a cameo on the final episode.
>>
File: reddit3.png (48KB, 1025x679px) Image search: [Google]
reddit3.png
48KB, 1025x679px
>>
File: DIRCvKBV4AAVT6B.jpg (48KB, 1024x968px) Image search: [Google]
DIRCvKBV4AAVT6B.jpg
48KB, 1024x968px
>>87295997
>I unironically like GoT because you think it's trash

Fuck off hipster
>>
>>87296041
What the fuck is reddit gold
>>
Look, fellas, we all knew we were going to get blue-balled in the end. It was always just a matter of how. When things seemed to resolve so well in 17 with a whole hour plus left it just confirmed it for me so I was ready the credits to roll right after a major LYNCHING. If you didn't expect this the you didn't know what you were getting yourselves into.
>>
>>87296048
Truly the worst timeline
>>
File: 1451435895902.jpg (23KB, 400x343px) Image search: [Google]
1451435895902.jpg
23KB, 400x343px
>>87296027
>click random time
>"BIG MIDDLEFINGER TO THE AUDIENCE"
Top fucking kek
>>
>>87295998
Reminds me of some shit out of a Hanna Barbera cartoon.
>>
File: 1495714990742.jpg (353KB, 1126x1125px) Image search: [Google]
1495714990742.jpg
353KB, 1126x1125px
>mfw Twin Peaks is over
>mfw the past few months have been the most wonderful time to be in a /tv/ general
>mfw these threads will slow and then cease completely
>mfw a brief surge in popularity will occur when the home media release arrives
>mfw after that it will erode slowly into nothingness
>>
File: 1499669411643.jpg (215KB, 1127x779px) Image search: [Google]
1499669411643.jpg
215KB, 1127x779px
>>87296073
>>
>>87296101
Lynch has said if people like it he would do season 4.
>>
>>87296041
>that's the top post on /r/twinpeaks after the finale

Reddit was an absolute mistake.
>>
>>87296101
Oh yeah, I'm going to miss this. Now we have to go back to talking about normie shit
>>
>>87296027
Reddit/NeoGaf fag has been L Y N C H E D hard.
>>
>>87296122

I know but I'll be amazed if it happens. I'm fine with the ending we got, even if it does mean Audrey's trapped in the Matrix loading area forever.
>>
File: happy-cooperfag.jpg (657KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
happy-cooperfag.jpg
657KB, 2000x1000px
FINALLY
THIS
SHIT
IS
OVER
>>
>>87296101
/tv/ is awful tbqhwy, I was only here for twin peaks
back to a lonely life of board hopping now
>>
File: 1493287795039.jpg (38KB, 486x427px) Image search: [Google]
1493287795039.jpg
38KB, 486x427px
>>87296041
uh oh spaghettio kkk dindu nuffin fuck niggers u guise shadilay praise kek
>>
The entire reason anyone watched this stupid series was to see Cooper rescued from purgatory and saved from corruption. Anyone who blamed the way season 2 ended on the networks was a foolish cunt, look at what happens when the network gives a sociopath like Lynch free reign, all he does is repeat the exact things that made people unhappy

Lynch is a faggot I will not mourn his death
>>
>>87296101
I'd get upset had I not been lynched terribly
>>
>>87296122
Well not a lot of people liked it, the show didn't attract new audiences at all, he had big snaffu with Showtime producers and probably got blacklisted as primma donna directors that are pain in the ass to work with.

This is not to mention Albert's actor has passed away. The chances for S4 are incredibly slim. Hell depending on who owned the actual franchise the chance of a complete reboot with brand new actors and actresses are more likely because Twin peaks is a household name.
>>
>>87295860
>Buildup

Have they ever seen a film by lunch or what
>>
File: lefeels.png (57KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
lefeels.png
57KB, 500x382px
>>87296101
Twin Peaks never truly ends, time doesn't really flow like it does in reality.
>>
HAHAHAHHA YOU GOT LYNCHED GUYS XD
>>
>>87296073
>I didn't get the french lady scene
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
>>
>>87296187
>This is not to mention Albert's actor has passed away.
shit, i must have missed this
>>
WHAT YEAR IS THIS?
>>
>>87296048
Actually the world got rewritten, so everyones story beside Coops, Gordons and Dianes (excluding Lauras) has ultimately been rendered irrelevant. This actually explains why he left them so open ended or without conclusion.
>>
File: 1481893872039.jpg (20KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
1481893872039.jpg
20KB, 400x266px
>>87296101
/tv/ hasn't been this fun since the lost days

it was an honor shitposting with you m8s
>>
File: 1504111191304.jpg (88KB, 570x686px) Image search: [Google]
1504111191304.jpg
88KB, 570x686px
I'm conflicted as fuck.
>>
>>87296140
Sorry to break it to you but Twin Peaks is normie shit. Also, this season is complete trash. I know this might be hard to accept for you because you had a good time watching it together with your online pleb friends but there are good arguments posted in this thread by kind anons helping you to develop some taste. Why not try to appreciate this?
>>
File: lynched.png (287KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
lynched.png
287KB, 500x380px
>>87296182
>Being this L Y N C H E D
>>
How long until this general fizzles out? 2 weeks?
>>
>>87295893
It was Richard.
>>
I'm so glad this shit ended

S02 > S03
>>
>>87296222
>Taste

Go back to your GoT threads on NeoGaf faggot.
>>
>>87296187
We need a 1950s Twin Peaks, showing weird stuff happening in the town with redneck woodmen and BOB and MIKE murdering and raping people all over the place.
>>
File: 1297185887002.gif (524KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1297185887002.gif
524KB, 200x200px
>>87296182
> look at what happens when the network gives a sociopath like Lynch free reign, all he does is repeat the exact things that made people unhappy
get fatalism'd bitch
>>
>>87296187
>Well not a lot of people liked it
Every episode was trending on twitter
>he had big snaffu with Showtime producers
They most likely changed their minds after the ratings boost that lynch gave them
>and probably got blacklisted as primma donna directors that are pain in the ass to work with.
That's not how that works. At all.

Season 4 is happening. Screen cap this.
>>
>>87295997
well only GOT fags would come and shit post in a TP thread.

kys my dude
>>
S2 part 1 > S1 > S3 > FWWM >>>> S2 part 2
>>
>>87296226
This actor looks exactly the same as David Lynch
>>
>>87296256
I dont think you know what that word means
>>
>>87296251
>NeoGaf
I didn't want to know what this is and feel sorry for anyone that does. I also feel sorry for anyone insulting people giving good and well intended advice.
>>
I got LYNCHED really hard, but what a ride it was, all the theories, all the expectations, felt like the good old days.
>>
Between the shitty roadhouse scenes, lack of Badalamenti, awful CGI, and unsatisfying cliffhanger ending, I'm beginning to think S3 was a mistake.

Oh well, we always have the original series + FWWM.
>>
Id much rather have a movie in the same vein as FWWM than a whole new season.
>>
>>87295727
wasnt the thing on his face what open sore thing in the lodge
>>
>>87296260
Not to mention only three people from the old cast would be required, one of which being Lynch himself.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-09-04-20h09m57s97.png (996KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-09-04-20h09m57s97.png
996KB, 1280x720px
>red hair (curtains) and black and white fingernails (floor) of the red room
>wears a dressing gown/ slippers as naido as if going to bed
>as soon as coop see her in the sheriffs station the superimposed head pops up (later saying we are in a dream)
>only person to stay with coop after he goes through the door

diane is the dreamer, no question
>>
>>87296287
you're a faggot
>>
>>87296295
FWWM was a bigger mistake than S3. At least there are couple good kino moments in S3, like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQqomJw3_3s
>>
>>87296295
>lack of Badalamenti
Yeah what was up with that? We all assumed once Coop came back the music would return to, but outside of a few instances, it didn't.

I thought Lynch loved Angelo?
>>
>>87296265
>>87296074
>>87296029
>defending this shitshow

Lynch has lost his ability to make art. Sorry but its true.
>>
can any /o/tists tell us what period the cars are from?
>>
Fringe did a whole season of the 'lost in another dimension' bullshit and it was garbage.

I hope lynch doesn't make part of the whole season 4
>>
Naido
Diano
>>
>>87296380
Time travel/alternate reality shit never improves a TV series. Always a mistake to introduce that stuff.
>>
>>87296365
>He defends his terrible taste in TV shows by attacking others so it seems like GoT isn't such a bad show
>>
File: Untitled.png (655KB, 863x441px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
655KB, 863x441px
I wish I could smell their hair. These girls must've smelled good
>>
You know why its called Twin Peaks?

Because you'll get a good glimpse into two similar but slightly different timelines then turn 360 and walk away screaming
>>
>>87295266
Notice how Cooper doesn't have the pink on his jacket in that scene. While he usually always has the pin the other scenes he is in.

I think this is the very last thing, 'remember Linda and Richard?' 'Two birds with one stone?'
He's reminding Coop about something that was.

The next scene is the 'is it future? is it past?' one. With Coop having his pin on his jacket again.
>>
>>87296403
It was one of you that brought up GoT. I only watch high art like Bresson, Tarkovsky etc
>>
>>87296365
>Defending GoT

It is literal normiecore trash, it is the pumpkin spice latte of TV shows.

If that's your thing then good for you but don't lash out at Twin Peaks because you're so insecure.
>>
>>87296427
lol
>>
>>87296359
I was just hoping "Falling" would play at the E18 credits since the series are over and it would be a good tearjerkers even though we hear it during the intro of every episode. Instead we get some generic WOOBWOOB OST.
>>
>>87296427
Do you enjoy the films of Wes Anderson?
>>
So who is Judy? BOB?
>>
As much as I want a season 4, I fully acknowledge that my reason is entirely selfish because I'm a huge Coopfag and I just want him and Laura to have a happy ending or at least something resembling one.

But let's be real, Lynch just repeated the same unhappy twist from season 2. What makes you think he wouldn't do the same in a season 4? I really doubt he would make one just to appease the people who want to see Coop and Laura finally saved when he had FWWM and 25 years to do that, and I really, REALLY doubt that whatever we would end up getting would be satisfying in any way shape or form.

Face it, bros. Instead of HOW'S ANNIE, we're going to be wondering what year it is and if Cooper and Carrie/Laura will ever find their way back to the real reality.
>>
>>87296451
The Monster in the box that eats people's faces
>>
Rate this season
1-------10
>>
>>87296447
They are aesthetically pleasing but lack any further meaning
>>
I am genuinely frustrated but I think I'd handle the sadness of getting a proper ending worse.

Lynch has spared us all from a bittersweet goodbye by going full hack. BRAVO LYNCH
>>
>>87296464
>>
Anyone found the end credits song yet?
>>
>>87296464
>>
File: IMG_4571.jpg (97KB, 868x624px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4571.jpg
97KB, 868x624px
what the fuck kyle
>>
>>87296463
Right so now it is in that old woman's face? Where is she now?
>>
>>87296479
that's a big number
>>
>>87296464
>>
>>87296464
>>
>>87296487
What doesn't make sense?
>>
>>87296485
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggXF8p9CvLk
>>
File: sarah.jpg (77KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
sarah.jpg
77KB, 1366x768px
At night I'm driving in your car
Pretending that we'll leave this town
We're watching all the street lights fade
And now you're just a stranger's dream
I took your picture from the frame
And now you're nothing like you seem
Your shadow fell like last night's rain

>And now you're just some stranger's dream
>I took your picture from the frame
>And now you're nothing like you seem
>>
>>87296464
>>
>>87296505
who was the dreamer
>>
File: Buella.png (631KB, 595x760px) Image search: [Google]
Buella.png
631KB, 595x760px
>>87295116
>>Who was the creepy Diane standing behind the pillar at the motel while Coop was checking in
Anyone else feel like Buella has something to do with Diane / Linda?
>>
>there are people who, after tonight's finale, would have preferred an alternate history where Showtime doesn't fork over the extra cash to get David Lynch involved just so they can have their neatly wrapped and make senses ending

I won't deny The Return had it's downs but, they were all worth it for episode 8. Some of you would have David Lynch's best directing work since Mulholland Drive sacrificed in the name of a 'comfy' Cooper and pals having coffee & pie ending. What the fuck
>>
For a few moments I thought Cooper had killed Laura and was on the way to kill Teresa Banks or another victim of Bob
>>
>>87296515
Vedder. He was coked out of his mind.
>>
>>87296487
K Y L E D
Y
L
E
D
>>
>>87296487
>Kyle was sucking Lynch's dick this whole time because he was saved from obscurity and has a shot at winning an Emmy for the first time in years
Makes sense. Everything about his interviews and public persona screamed of PR. The moment he started going back on statements he made very publicly in the past like how he didn't like FWWM and was mad at Lynch for abandoning everyone mid season 2 and started praising the guy up and down was the moment I realized he was trying to save face and earn his way back into Papa Lynch's good graces.
>>
>>87295617
There's a reason back in the day men used to act out the roles of women
>>
>>87296464

It lacks a soul and purpose. Everything is just too convenient and it's all over the place.
>>
>>87295439
fuck off stormfront
>>
>>87296464
>>
>>87296515
That wasn't a literal question in the show. I don't know why people treat it like it was a central mystery
>>
File: 1503297456201.jpg (96KB, 805x779px) Image search: [Google]
1503297456201.jpg
96KB, 805x779px
>>87296517
I'm baffled too. There are people that saw the ending of S2, and went into this expecting coffee&pie&comfiness. And when they didn't get that, those that kept watching, were expecting Coop&Gordon to sit down for 2 hours at the end over a cup of joe, and just... explain everything?
>>
File: qt.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
qt.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>tfw no judy's diner gf
>>
What was Booper trying to accomplish at the sheriffs office?
>>
>>87296517
>in the name of a 'comfy' Cooper and pals having coffee & pie ending
Different taste for different people. Original twin peaks was 80% small town shenanigans without magical stuff.
>>
>>87296557
Was anyone else thinking the other waitress was going to be Annie? Or am I just retarded?
>>
>IT WAS ALL A DREAM LOL
What a fucking hack. Fuck you, Lynch
>>
>>87296546
Ever seen a dream, buddy? Things tend to be bit incoherent.
>>
can't wait to sleep and visit my own black lodge
>>
>>87295617
Also
>Triggered Heather
>Triggered Josie
>Triggered Piper Laurie
>Triggered entire old fanbase
>>
>>87296565
We don't even know what was Booper's plan or what he was doing the entire show. He was just following coordinates and getting revived by his redneck shadow army. Dude is supposed to a billionaire and can't get anything done.
>>
>>87296073
i really really unironically love this driving scene very much
>>
>>87296517
Lynch dicksuckers keep making this fucking argument without understanding WHY people are mad.

Everything about this season was specially tailored for it to be the first and last time we will ever see this characters in a long, long time. It's the highlight of the fucking Chromantics song in the very first episode. Maybe ending it on a cliffhanger was the artistic way to go, but from a storytelling standpoint, it's unsatisfying. It's taking a show that was infamous for its previously unsolvable cliffhanger and ending it on yet another one. It just feels meanspirited, especially when you end it with your virtuous hero making a stupid decision with absolutely no build up or justification and getting punished for it in the worst way possible.
>>
>>87296464
>>
>>87295147
Why do so many people involved in this show die or go crazy?
>>
>>87296556
Where is this strawman that wanted a season full of coffee & pie? Most of the people I see complaining wanted a mixture of darkness and light that was more similar to the older seasons.
>>
>>87296589
>Being retarded enough to believe the dream theory

Its an alternate timeline. End of.
>>
>>87296556
>I'm baffled too. There are people that saw the ending of S2, and went into this expecting coffee&pie&comfiness. And when they didn't get that, those that kept watching, were expecting Coop&Gordon to sit down for 2 hours at the end over a cup of joe, and just... explain everything?
And yet episodes 16 and 17 had that tone amped up to the extreme. People were totally justified in thinking it would have a bittersweet ending at least.
>>
A little boy
went out to play.
When he opened his door...
...he saw...
the world.
As he passed through the doorway...
...he caused, a reflection.
Evil was born
Evil was born,
and followed the boy.

And a variation:
A little girl...
...went out to play.
...lost in the marketplace...
...as if half born.
Then, not through the marketplace,
you see that, don't you?
But through the alley
behind the marketplace.
This is the way
to the Palace.
But it isn't something you remember.
Forgetfulness, it happens to us all.
And me?... why, I'm the worst one!
>>
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within.
>>
>>87296640
It's fucking same in terms of payoff, retard
>>
>People didn't feel the overwhelming tension during the driving scenes in Part 18

This was by far the most uncomfortable, nightmarish things I've ever seen on TV and maybe from anything Lynch has ever did. Part 18 was fucking terrifying beginning to end.
>>
>>87296441
falling played at the end of episode 17 because that was the end to Twin Peaks The Return, episode 18 is the start of something new and different that we may or may not explore in the future
>>
Guys I think the midget might've been right.

I think Lynch really did rape his own daughter and make a TV show about it.

There's no other explanation. The only proper resolution to Twin Peaks is Lynch going to prison but he'll NEVER EVER admit to it, trapping the entire cast and fanbase both in-universe and IRL in an unending search for meaning.
>>
Wait so why is being stuck in an alternate reality a bad thing? Coop accomplished what he wanted, he saved 'Laura' and now she's alive as Carrie. It's a hell of a sacrifice but he did what he always wanted to do.
>>
>>87296678
It was a reference to Lolita
>>
>>87296661
It was bittersweet. Cooper got out, his Doppleganger was killed and sent back to the lodge, Bob was seemingly destroyed, he was reunited with Diane, Dougie came home to his family, he even saved Laura from dying in the past. But it all had consequences, of which we may never see resolved.
>>
>>87296678
>this post
Wow. Is this how placebo effect looks like?
>>
>>87296617
>Expecting lynch to follow the archaic and stagnated dogma of contemporary film and television

Lynch lives to make sure his works always go against the grain, sacrificing contendedness and satisfaction in tropes that release endorphins in retards minds like yours
>>
File: twinpeaks5.jpg (113KB, 799x532px) Image search: [Google]
twinpeaks5.jpg
113KB, 799x532px
So they're making a movie, right?
>>
>>87296691
Not an alternate reality. Same world, only overwritten.
>>
So why did saving Laura mean that she now lives in Texas under a different name? Shouldn't the universe have just split in 89?
>>
>>87295471
He's in the number 6 pole, trapped in wood.
>>
>>87296691
muh coffee and truman bromance
>>
Can't wait for the next chapter of 60 year old FBI Agent and his 60 year old girlfriend!
>>
>>87296678
it was unnerving but it wasn't nightmarish
>>
>>87296715
keep telling yourself that. lynch has always longed for good ideas. and he has delivered for years. there are no good ideas in s3 though.
>>
just did a big black lodge on the toilet
>>
>>87295623
Feel like we've entered Lovecraft territory with this episode.
>>
>>87296715
So just an edgy contrarian, gotcha.
>>
How did they edit Old Coop into the FWWM footage so well, and vice versa with Young Laura being led away by Old Coop? Was Young Laura in that part just Sheryl Lee with lots of make-up and dark lighting to hide the wrinkles?
>>
>>87296715
>Lynch lives to make sure his works always go against the grain, sacrificing contendedness and satisfaction in tropes
Yeah, especially when he using "it's all dream/illusion/imagination/whatever fuckery" meme for fourth time
>>
>>87296614
I liked it too. They were in Texas and had to drive to Washington, it was going to be a long journey and they had to depict it a little bit. Unlike GoT where they travel half a continent 3 times in one episode with no display of time.
>>
>>87296758
there's nothing lovecraftian about judy
>>
>Bob killed by some British literal who
>>
>>87296617
Well, the real problem is that some normiefaggets - like, say, yourself - saw "cliffhangers" where hasn't been any.
>>
>>87296733
She lost her mind just like Cooper.

Cooper acted retarded for a short amount of time, but after awhile he would've developed his own specific personality just like Laura had become Texan.
>>
Things I think;

>Dougie was a normal person (with occasional episodes) before Coop inhabited him, and will continue to be so
>Dougie's behavior is mimicked by the guy in the cell because he is also inhabited by someone
>>
>>87296691
>Laura has a new life that is possibly just as bad as her old one seeing as how she's on the run for killing someone
>everything Cooper has ever done, everyone he's ever loved, is erased from existence
>he's completely alone now
>Laura/Carrie now has two conflicting sets of memories (probably) and will likely suffer a horrific identity crisis because from the way she reacted, remembering the old world and her real life wasn't a pleasant experience
>Cooper possibly isn't Cooper anymore and only has his memories keeping him from losing his identity completely, and who knows for how long
>all the while the Lodge spirits are up to something sinister going by who's living in Laura's old house
Yeah, real happy ending.
>>
>Coop fails to save Caroline
>Coop fails to save Maddy
>Coop fails to save Annie
>Coop fails to save Laura

can we agree Coop has his heart in the right place but ultimately is a failure?
>>
File: Deadly-Premonition.png (1019KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Deadly-Premonition.png
1019KB, 1366x768px
DEADLY PREMONITION >> TP S3

DP TV show adaptation when
>>
File: 1495651559772.jpg (202KB, 1002x583px) Image search: [Google]
1495651559772.jpg
202KB, 1002x583px
>>87296758
>Lovecraftian
>Lynchian
>>
>>87296793
by being punched, as an orb

couldn't you think of a more exciting way to show that? that was goofy as fuck
>>
File: 1474864653579.jpg (61KB, 750x725px) Image search: [Google]
1474864653579.jpg
61KB, 750x725px
>>87296803
I'm loving all the normies being mad at Lynch because he didn't end it on the 'muh coffee muh pie' meme.

What were they expecting?
>>
>>87296775
>Was Young Laura in that part just Sheryl Lee with lots of make-up and dark lighting to hide the wrinkles?
Looks like it.

Shit blew my mind though, it was seamless. The scene being in black and white and in the dark probably helped, but it was still cool.
>>
>>87296295
I also wondered why the CGI was so awful. I feel like I've seen better in 90s movies
>>
>>87296617
Ending it on a cliffhanger is not the artistic way to go, none of the other Lynch movies end on cliffhangers, not even the most esoteric ones (Inland Empire literally started out as random scenes filmed with no context and has a more satisfying and conclusive ending than 50 hours of Twin Peaks), a cliffhanger is an artificial way to gauge interest and try to get a show renewed and I thought this show was above that, I wouldn't have minded if it ended with evil prevailing and Cooper dying or whatever else, but I expected it to end. Trying to keep this going when most of the cast is in their 70s is a bad idea, and Grace Zabriskie is going to be instrumental to this show continuing, not to mention Al Strobel and the Fireman (I forgot the actor's name), who are also both old men. I know everyone keeps hinting at Twin Peaks continuing but I doubt they can do it within the year, Miguel Ferrer is also dead already and he didn't even share any words with Cooper as Albert, it's just a shame
>>
>>87295915
>i really lurv DL, that's what we call David Lynch
>because he's so random just like me lol <3
>people are always telling me how random and
>crazy i am one time i made a cherry pie and got
>an old coffee cup and a walked around all day
>smiling at people and saying "ACES!" and gave
>them a big thumbs up which is really hard to do
>while holding cherry pie and coffee lol so anyway
>the old twin peaks is so random and funny and
>i just love it even if i didn't like the scary parts or
>that weird Fire Walker movie but i just luuuuuuv
>DL and i don't see why he'd make a new TP
>that isn't really in Twin Peaks i guess he just
>got all old and stuff.
>>
File: ss.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ss.png
1MB, 1280x720px
what's this actor's name?
>>
>>87296809
Caroline doesn't exist anymore, she was retconned just like windom and annie

I prefered Annie over Diane tho desu
>>
>>87296839
No way. Young Laura is skinny and attractive. Sheryl Lee is thicc milf, unless of course they had stunt double for the faraway shots
>>
>>87296857
Roger Morton
>>
>>87296846
Because Lynch doesn't care about shit looking realistic, he wants it to be unsettling. They clearly had the talent and budget to make some amazing stuff as evidenced by episode 3 and 8, he just likes wacky animation aside from that.
>>
>>87296857
Coffee and cherry pie fags
>>
>>87296775
Young laura was a different actress
>>
Be real with me, how many of you faggots are gloating about the normies getting LYNCHED just because you either
>don't want to seem nonintellectual for daring to criticize Lynch
>are trying to cope with your own negative feelings about the finale by trying to force yourself that it was perfect
Because the way I remember it, you all were sure raving about how awesome episode 16 was from start to finish even though it was muh cherry pie and coffee from start to finish.
>>
>>87296041
imagine being mad at this
>>
>>87296217
Actually, you're completely full of shit.
>>
>>87296839
The only difference I could make was her voice definitely sounded much coarse and older. Still very impressive.
>>
previous thread still going strong
>>
>>87296874
Realistic looking cgi goes hand in hand with unsettling. Hell. Had they used dolls it would have looked more unsettling than cgi
>>
>>87296515
Literally everyone. Do you Surrealism?
>>
>>87296835
I don't give a shit about cherry pie

I liked the series more when it was a focused story about a supernatural small town murder

The way they heavy handedly expanded the scope in the return really annoys me
>>
File: IMG_0361.jpg (119KB, 1160x629px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0361.jpg
119KB, 1160x629px
>>87296566
>>
>>87296890
>>87296890
>>87296890
NEW
>>
>>87296874
it wasn't unsettling though

like everyone else who has ever remarked on it since episode 3 or whenever, "wow that's some shitty CGI" is the reaction he got, not "that's unsettling"
>>
>>87296889
I have a high IQ and watch complex anime all the time. I'm used to these type of complex stories. The ending itself was great. It was just not a great ending. I preferred everything before that though.
>>
>>87296849
I don't think he's gauging interest for another season. I genuinely believe that Lynch thought this was the best way to wrap the series up.

Make of that what you will.
>>
>>87296889
Holy shit, you are really butthurt.

I'm not secretly angry at the ending at all, i quite enjoyed it. that's just you projecting your petty tantrums.
>>
Did they need the sex scene.
>>
File: twin-peaks-3x01-review-3.jpg (66KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
twin-peaks-3x01-review-3.jpg
66KB, 1000x562px
WHAT WAS THE FUCKING POINT OF THIS DUMB CONTRAPTION????
>>
>>87296678
I really loved it. Not so much the Diane driving scene but Cooper and Carrie had me at the edge of my seat, and the sound was so disturbing.
>>
>>87296858
They didn't retcon shit.
>>
File: 1503939359502.jpg (312KB, 1440x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1503939359502.jpg
312KB, 1440x2160px
>>87296889
It's neither of those things. I mentioned expectations in the previous thread. The normies are mad now because they imposed their own expectations upon the show and upon Lynch. By the end, these people wanted a rapid fire episode where everyone would be drawn together and everything would be "explained" step by step.

Coop coming back was awesome. But it would have no impact if the entire show had been like that.
>>
>>87296927
>like everyone else who has ever remarked on it
I didn't realize you spoke for everyone, faggot.
>>
>>87296960
why are you still asking questions nigger
>>
>>87296960
To capture Cooper should he escape. How are people still fucking asking this question?
>>
>>87296556
Nobody was expecting to be spoonfed everything, but I think a lot of people were expecting an ending. We got an ending to the main(?) plot, but then the show kept going. The ending of S2 wasn't supposed to be THE end, but this was.
>>
>>87296942
Yeah that's why they introduced new villains that get barely mentioned and a new plan by Cooper which is set into motion but never brought to fruition
Watch more Lynch movies and name one that ends on a cliffhanger dropping every plotline halfway through for "artistic reasons" please, everyone involved in the production keeps hinting at season 4 at every turn
>>
>>87296817

Well, Silva is dead and Lynch seems pretty bent on not recasting major characters.
>>
>>87296464
9/11
>>
>>87296793
>some british Dr. Who?
>>
>>87296889
How big of a faggot do you have to be to give a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut if someone else thinks your "nonintellectual". The reason you aren't hearing anything from anyone who isn't fucking stupid is that the thing was an 18 part saga that ended just hours ago. It was stupid to release this in pieces. Trying to decide if the whole damned thing was worth the effort is going to take re-watching the whole fucking thing a few times.

If you make all your artistic opinions that quickly you don't have any artistic opinions.
>>
Not gonna lie lads I feel pretty lynched right now
>>
>>87297060
>Lynch seems pretty bent on not recasting major characters.

Donna, lol
>>
File: lynched.webm (1MB, 1280x692px) Image search: [Google]
lynched.webm
1MB, 1280x692px
>>87297124
We all do.
>>
Why did Ed & Norma get the happy ending but Bobby and Sherry doesn't REEEE
>>
Lads-are we only a bit lynched right now or could it be lynch blew it a bit after ep 15?
>>
>high IQ
>complex anime
autism ?
>>
>>87297038
>hasn't watched any Lynch films
>goes for the all-in bluff on a busted flush
>>
Could have been great. Was hoping that Cooper and Laura would have a showdown with Sarah Palmer aka Judy at the Palmer house. Consider me lynched
>>
>>87296432
>it is the pumpkin spice latte of TV shows.

Fucking hell, you talk like an absolute twat.
>>
>>87297223
Not only that, but Shelly had another affair with sketchy drug dealer as if she learnt nothing from the Leo ordeal while Bobby is now an upstanding straight citizen and Deputy Sheriff. What gives
>>
>>87297275
Retards.

Somebody new someone smart once that was bad with people and got it into their head that acting like an asshole alien means that they must be really intelligent and good a pattern recognition.

>it's not true
>>
Lynch said the original Laura mystery was to be open and never solved, in turn blue balling us all but had to change it due to suits/contracts.

He gave us a blue balling not solved open ending like he wanted to and plebs are still crying, and acting like they didnt know he would do something like this. Fucking christ.
>>
>>87297300
Sounds like The Ninth Gate might be the most you could handle. If that.
>>
>>87296614
Kept waiting for Windomination the entire time....but it never happened. :(
>>
>>87297417
The Ninth Gate is actually far superior in quality to the third season of Twin Peaks.
>>
>>87297159

And even she was left out of this season entirely. They only one they recast was Johnny Horne. The other returning characters whose actors couldn't or didn't return were only depicted as nonhuman entities.
>>
i feel betrayed
>>
>>87297444
If you've formed that opinion already, it's irrelevant.
>>
>>87297444
trips confirm. massively underrated movie. cute but a bit cheesy. beautiful escapism. ugly poster.
>>
i just want a comfy spin-off with dale and the bookhouse boys solving supernatural crime in twin peaks
>>
>>87297477
could say the same about you, I think. there's a pasta around you might be interested in reading. explains the problems of s3
>>
>>87297487
It's not bad...better than the book and Roman Polanski's wife is pretty hot in it.
>>
>>87297525
loved her in bitter moon and frantic, too. kind of a crush back then.
>>
>>87297514
Go fuck youself with that bullshit pasta. There has not been enough time, literally, to have rewatched the whole thing together. Bitching about it now means your taste sucks.
>>
I just wanted good ol Coop from season 1 and 2 back. And after 25 years we only see him return for 5 minutes of screen time before we see a different version of Cooper again. Fuck you David Lynch
>>
>>87295222
Nice trips, /biz/.
>>
>>87297590
>implying it's problems aren't obvious enough to notice them the first time around
go fuck YOUR self, I guess. and all the best. just trying to help.
>>
>>87297605
Fuck you for thinking you'd get something like that.What's worse is if you *had* gotten that now you'd be bitching that he just tried to cash in on nostalgia instead of doing something new.
>>
>>87297672
If I wanted to read hackneyed fan theory bullshit I'd be at dugpa or reddit.
>>
>>87295475
They exist beyond the time and space, they might have been summoned by the nuke detonation but infest any place in past and future alike.
>>
>>87297703
you must confuse me with someone else. i don't engage in the theory stuff. i am the guy who just told you I think there are some problems with the new season.
>>
File: 1472843287896.gif (557KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1472843287896.gif
557KB, 400x400px
WHAT ABOUT THE BOX IN BUENOS AIRES

EPISODE 18 WAS SOME EOE SHIT
>>
>EP16
>I am the FBI!
>oh shit Cooper is back! Finally someone can stop his doppleganger
>EP17
>doppleganger is killed by a retard
>Bob is killed by some random britbong
>EP18
>Cooper is gone again

Everything was pointless
>>
Who was the repeating man that was constantly bleeding from his mouth?
>>
>>87296041
Kys
>>
>>87297363
>what gives
That's been her character since the fucking start

when bobby asked her to marry her at the end of s2 she said no probably because he'd started to turn his life around and she's only interested in bad boys this is extremely on the nose
Thread posts: 427
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.