[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>While Stone has fond memories of the early days (see: &#

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 8

File: cartman-gets-anal-probe_610.jpg (122KB, 610x458px) Image search: [Google]
cartman-gets-anal-probe_610.jpg
122KB, 610x458px
>While Stone has fond memories of the early days (see: ''Best'' list), his co-creator says he wouldn't cry too hard if the show's first 48 episodes, starting with ''Cartman Gets an Anal Probe,'' were wiped from history.
>Parker: If I had to permanently erase anything from the library, it would basically be anything before season 4. It's just embarrassing to watch. Okay, we were, like, 26, 27. But it's like, ''Really? We thought that was funny? We thought that was well-written? Oh my God, this is terrible.''

http://ew.com/gallery/south-park-matt-stone-and-trey-parker-name-their-15-best-episodes-and-53-worst/worst-1-48-every-episode-from-the-first-three-seasons/

What did he mean by this?
>>
He's actually pretty easy on himself, as someone in the creative business, I hate everything I ever made.
>>
>>87245577
>dub dubs
checked

also that logic is dumb, as comedy changes. some comedy is timeless but as a kid me and my m8s thought South Park was funny af desu
>>
>>87245599
That's the curse of the artist, when you start something it's a good idea but after you finish it you've already learned everything about it so it seems bad in hindsight even though it's not

Or your work is just shit I dunno
>>
>>87245577
The earlier episodes have some charm to them
>>
>>87245577
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAh1WLxjUHM

He's fucking crazy
>>
Chinpokomon is a great episode. I watched it with a Japanese guy who found it hilarious too.
>>
yeah sure some of the older episodes haven't aged the best, but they're still funnier than any of the garbage made in the last 10 seasons at least.
>>
He's not wrong; the first three seasons are objectively bad. The show starts picking up steam in the fourth season with the fifth season the first great season.

The golden age of South Park was from season 5 to 10.

The noticeable decline in quality begins with the abhorrent Imaginationland three-parter.
>>
>>87245623
Nah, great artists who possess amazing skill like Bernini, Rodin, Michelangelo, Rembrandt, Monet etc... knew their work was one of a kind masterpieces that nobody else could do. Pretty sure it's only insecure dilettantes who obsess over not being good enough.
>>
>>87245599
Honestly this. There isn't a creator alive that doesn't just see their previous work as a big list of flaws
>>
>>87245703
>calls his opinions objective
>flagrant reddit spacing
>thinks SP was good after 1999
loling @ this kiddo
>>
The earlier ones were the only good ones
>>
>>87245660

I forgot how many guest stars they used to have in the early days. I wonder if Parker hated that aspect, as well.
>>
>>87245824
Yeah, no. Seasons 5 through 8 were better.
>>
>>87245577
>>87245599
>>87245744
>>87245988
check em
>>
>>87245703
What do you dislike about Imaginationland?
>>
>>87245577
Seasons 1-3 were literally the best episodes though, or at least the most charming.

The last 9 seasons have been terrible. Talk about a case of George Lucas syndrome.
>>
That'd wipe out the movie, the hack.
>>
>>87246121
different anon, but there was no need for a 3 parter

they got in the habit of making multi part shows so they could release them on dvd before christmas
>>
>>87245988
Yeah, no.
>>
>>87246121
Not that retard, but that whole subplot about Kyle having to suck Cartman's balls was so stupid and forced. Aside from that, most of the appeal was just referential humor, a type of humor they ironically criticized in the Family Guy episode.

The first South Park movie was far better (IE: the one that was made during season 3).
>>
>>87245974
You now remember the Radiohead appearance
>>
>>87246179
I hated the 3 parter with the guinea pigs and coon and friends
>>
File: laugh1_24055.jpg (53KB, 970x450px) Image search: [Google]
laugh1_24055.jpg
53KB, 970x450px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_6Pjjsao_0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwW2nyLnmSw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAh1WLxjUHM
>>
>>87246121
>Pop-culture reference are not substitutes for jokes.
This was a Big Bang Theory episode
>>
>>87246164

Exactly, a part of South Parks likability early on was how little they actually tried. It's like they were just two young potheads writing the first thing that came to their mind and making a shitty cartoon out of it.

Nowadays you can actually see that they try too much, and I don't like it.
>>
>>87246254
Dude stop posting clips from the rain forest episode, yes it was funny but you're just being cringe right now
>>
File: 1498553338815.jpg (26KB, 513x513px) Image search: [Google]
1498553338815.jpg
26KB, 513x513px
They're fucking arseholes, their work peaked long before episode 48. Fuck them and their preachy libertarian muh garrison is trump memba berry horseshittery
>>
>>87246271
>they were better back when they smoked weed lmao
Dude, no.
>>
>>87245577
Well, he can suck on my chocolate salty balls, or did he come up with a single gag even remotely as funny on the last incredibly shitty season of South Park?
>>
Fuck you guys. Best season was season 6.
>>
The early stuff has aged better than most of the post-S10 stuff, the ones that are centered around news stories that people don't even remember anymore
>>
File: SouthParkisGay03.jpg (8KB, 250x193px) Image search: [Google]
SouthParkisGay03.jpg
8KB, 250x193px
>>87245703
I agree, the first four are pretty unwatchable
>>
I will defend 15 Seasons of South Park being good (and even the latter seasons having a great episode or two) but Parker is getting fucked in the head if he's serious with that.

Season 1 was lovably rough just like Season 1 of the Simpsons. Season 2 of South Park is fucking GOLD though and quite possibly the best season of the show. How can he not love Underpants Gnomes? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zc4bGkU05o
>>
He has bad taste and jewish sense of shame.

The first three seasons were better than any of the continuing plot episodes
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg55R3-V674
>>
>>87246278
That was literally the first post I made in the thread you idiot.

>cringe
So you're also from reddit. Explains your stupidity.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUqDHW0jmkw
>>
>>87246385
>jewish sense of shame.
That's some bullshit kikes made up to keep pushing the "we are the victims! So weak and filled with shame!" Jews may be evil but they are incredible smart, the big overlord bit does not work if you want to reign (just look what happened to hitler) the masses are more comfortable if they think you are that weak harmless guy
>>
>>87245744
>comparing commercial creatives to artistic one-in-a-billion inhuman outliers
duh
>>
>>87246431
If that's your first post then read the thread then, someone already posted a clip from that episode and they were courteous enough to use one clip to make a point instead of splurging like you
>>
lol I *only* rewatch the first 3 seasons. they got progressively worse after that.

the episodes from the first 3 seasons are iconic and the source of 99% of south park's fame and source of most of its most beloved memes.

south park is literally family guy tier garbage these days
>>
>>87245577
I agree. Funny, you see so many people criticizing "new" South Park (seasons 9-18, I've heard this argument for like 10 years now) for being too topical, relying too much on celebrities and hamfisting messages, but when you look at the earlier seasons, especially seasons 1-4 or so they're largely based around celebrities that haven't been relevant for over a decade, making fun of important topics of the time and literally every episode ended with the kids saying "You see, I learned something today...". Also Chef, his shtick got old by the second season and I didn't miss him as he appeared less and less with each season until his death.
>>
someone post the ending credits joke from Chickenlovers
>>
>>87246489
The celebrities referenced in early south park weren't even relevant at the time or they were entirely used for a joke like Korn--in neither case were they 'topical'
>>
>>87246471
>Missing what he's saying about Jewish shame
What a goy you are. This video illustrates the way Jews act, no point in you watching it though since it'll go over your head. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HoSGPQ80Vc
>>
>>87246478
>crying about someone posting multiple clips of a funny episode
Yeah you really are a moron. Go back to the forum you came from.
>>
>>87246450
kek
>>
File: 1504061024491.jpg (37KB, 400x443px) Image search: [Google]
1504061024491.jpg
37KB, 400x443px
>>87246210
>he couldnt stop thinking about sucking his best friends balls the entire episode

kek
>>
>>87246513
>he doesn't think Barbra Streisand was topical back in the 90s
>>
it's not the artist's place to judge the value of his own work. that's the job of his patrons. the first few seasons are the best. now we have all these underage redditors trying to pretend the later seasons are good. they aren't
>>
>>87246527
Why don't you just post the whole episode then, or better yet a pic of yourself because you're the biggest joke itt
>>
The NAMBLA episode was pretty great
>>
>>87246585
Keep digging yourself deeper, you're still an idiot at the end of the day.
>>
Trey just seems like he may have emotional/mental issues.
He had anxiety issues and considered killing himself (or at least claims to have thought about it) in the lead up to the first airing of the World of Warcraft ep, because he thought it was so bad and that everyone would hate it and that it would kill the series.
>>
>>87245703
IMAGINAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Fun fact: the Imaginationland song was ripped off from a song that Chauncey dies in Wonder Showzen, a show done by Vernon Chatman who is a colleague of Matt and Trey.
>>
>>87246687
>hurr derr call him a redditor
>hurr derr type keep digging yourself deeper
You're the scum of this board, you're posts are low quality just like your contribution to society
>>
>>87246513
>>87246578
as far as i remember they just personally hated barbera streisshand because she was talking shit about their town like a stuck up cunt. she is a cunt. i mean she's a kike that makes and sells christmas music
>>
>>87246599
My Dad was an old conservative type, he thought The Simpsons was crude and stupid. He HATED Bart Simpson and was annoyed that I thought he was cool and funny. And don't get me started on how my Dad protested me watching MTV specifically Tom Green Show and then Jackass. If it wasn't Sports or News he had no interest.

He caught me in the den watching "Cartman Joins Nambla" and sat in to watch the "garbage" I enjoyed and ended up laughing hysterically at the absurdity of it all. The only other cartoon I can remember him enjoying is King of the Hill. If that's not high praise of how good classic South Park was I don't know what is. Parker is retarded for talking bad about it.
>>
>>87246394
Still awesome. Even the throwaway jokes are funny. It's strange how that in reflection the kids swearing is still funny. Maybe because it's so casual and you kind of know it was edgy for the time, but now these big long emotional tirades and mature themes sort of take away from that type of humour.
>>
>>87246702
i always thought maybe there was some sort of bad memories associated with the earlier seasons because mary kay bergman blew her brains out all over the christmas presents. it's got to be hard remembering her every time you see an old episode on
>>
I think it's hard to shove aside the early seasons if you got to watch them as an actual kid, which I did. But they're completely right, the show starts a visible incline in writing in season 4 and continues to climb each season til season 7, where it manages to plateau for a good few more seasons. Imaginationland was clearly them giving up on writing a season's worth of material but since normies liked it they made it a trend to include two/three patters in every run of episodes after that. Then they had the Book of Mormon going on and basically handed the show off to other writers, which is why the show became so tonally uneven. And the three serialized seasons they did were an obvious mistake, thank fucking god they see that now. South Park is still a cash grab at this point but I really really hope we get a couple good episodes for once.

I'm still mad about how little they try though - seasons 7-8 are fucking gold and they made those doing Team America at the same time. They're talented as fuck when they really go for it
>>
>>87246786
I always thought it was really shocking that they had Mayor McDaniels (who was formerly VA'd by Bergman) attempt suicide in Die Hippy Die by shooting herself. I mean yes that's just a fictional character she voiced but it'd be like if The Simpsons had Troy McClure get shot by his cokehead wife.
>>
>>87246702
>Parker wanted to kill himself over what would be the most critically and popularly lauded episode of the series
What a gigantic faggot
>>
>>87246888
That episode was straight garbage.
>>
>>87245703
I am kino Patrician and this anon is absolutely correct
>>
File: 201[1].jpg (32KB, 401x300px) Image search: [Google]
201[1].jpg
32KB, 401x300px
Objectively the best episode.
>>
>>87245577
But those episodes are better than anything they've done in the last 5 years.
>>
>>87245660
they had jokes back then,
is that what he doesn't like?
>>
real reason is the "message" doesn't sync up with the modern one.
>>
>>87246928
nah that was the best episode followed by the south park movie
>>
>>87247048
k dude
>>
>>87246870
>it'd be like if The Simpsons had Troy McClure get shot by his cokehead wife.

Yeah, instead they just made a joke about Andy Dick's drug use
>>
>>87247048
t. WoW faggot
>>
>>87245577
Gnomes is genius.
Fuck Trey Parker.
>>
Just imagine how mr wubba lubba dubdub is going to feel in a few years
>>
>it only got good from season 5

What are you talking about, season 4 was great
>>
>>87247077
>>87247147
I have standards and taste unlike you faggots. I haven't watched south park in three years and don't post on this shit board more than twice a month
>>
>>87247201
wow...3 whole years since you turned 15?
>>
File: wake me up inside.jpg (12KB, 221x228px) Image search: [Google]
wake me up inside.jpg
12KB, 221x228px
it's the JUST talking
>>
>>87246992
Holy fuck dude don't post shit like that outside of "rekt" threads in /b/, I just feel sad for the parents who birthed that horrific deformity
>>
Hes completely right. South park was retarded garbage for its initial seasons, and experienced a golden age between season 4 and 9. I wouldn't want it erased from history though
>>
>>87245599

As someone in the creative business (I make white nationalists propaganda and frog memes) I'm generally happy with all of my work and look back on it fondly. Often with surprised admiration.
>>
first seasons were the best desu
>>
>>87246290
>libertarian

Shirley you jest
>>
>>87245744
>Bernini, Rodin, Michelangelo, Rembrandt, Monet

All fretted over evey piece they ever made and often destroyed their earliest works.
>>
>>87247443
No they didn't.
>>
>>87247549
Yes, they did.
>>
>>87246290
Did you just get libertarian and liberal mixed up?
>>
>>87246450
>I'll use my credit card
every fucking time
>>
>>87247618
ok
>>
>>87245577
South Park has always been fundamentally reactionary; those pushing for change are wrong no matter what change they push for. Nothing is a bigger crime to Matt and Trey than Giving a Shit. Their ideology is apathetic-libertarian; whether you’re on the left or the right, if you’re asking me to change my behavior, you suck. As it stands, the political left tends to push for more change than the political right does; as it stands, Matt and Trey admit they dislike conservatives and “really fucking hate” liberals. It isn’t about left or right; it’s about change versus comfort. If you’re trying to change something, they think you’re annoying. And they think you’re lame, because caring about stuff is lame. It’s the same attitude that establishes “u mad” and “butthurt” as the ultimate trump cards in internet arguments: caring is for losers, and if you become personally invested in politics you’re part of the problem. Uncritical, detached acceptance of the status quo is the only morally upright posture, and those who draw a distinction between is and ought are all smug bullies, outlandish freaks, and/or closed-minded zealots. It’s a show that teaches its audience to become lazy and self-satisfied, that praises them for being uncritically accepting of their own biases, and that provides them with an endless buffet of thought-terminating cliches suitable for shutting down all manner of challenges to their comfort zones. South Park is a place where you never have to have your assumptions challenged. It’s a place where you’re always right, you shouldn’t bother to think, and the people asking you to change your mind are annoying busybodies and prigs who should just shut up and leave you alone.
>>
>>87247201
well then it looks like you've already filled your quota, you can leave now
>>
I remember the bits with stone and parker introducing the episodes on the old VHS just those bits alone were so unique and funny unlike anything at the time
>>
>>87246356

dat DivX watermark
>>
>>87246431
Cringe is a 4chan word
>>
>>87246471
>Jews may be evil
Yes,an entire religion is made of cartoonesque rabbi rubbing their hand and cackling like witches asking in a Pinky-esque voice "Gee,David,what are we going to do tonight ?"
>>
>>87247829
Copyspasta is still ture even if it's a copypasta that come from a website that isnt 4chan
>>
>>87248565
4Chan word that channer dont like anymore automatically became "Reddit", "Tumblr" or whatever buzzwords for "i dont like it" is popular nowadays
>>
>>87248565
>the tripidiot defends the use of "cringe"
Thanks for providing evidence to support my case, moron.
>>
Listen to the way Parker talks about the movie on its commentary track. Right off the bat he's pissed off with how basic the animation looks and can't help but think of how he'd do it now. Same goes for the Cannibal commentary track.

He said that's why he can understand why George Lucas fucks around Star Wars just he can stop from doing the same thing himself
>>
>>87246768
Speaking of edgy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGYNuoCigGY
>>
season 3 is a really good season

>tweek vs craig
>rainforest shmainforest
>chinpokomon
>red badge of gayness
>>
Thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM2T7-annUI
>>
Hooked on Monkey Phonics is my favourite episode and season 4-5 the best.
>>
>>87249083

It still kills me when kitty hisses at him
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRwLYoUoJ1E

This commentary is more relevant than ever.
>>
>>87249256

>Oh my God, phonics monkey killed Kenny!
>Damn straight he did
>>
>>87247829
>literally from Reddit
>>
>>87245577
>Okay, we were, like, 26, 27. But it's like, ''Really? We thought that was funny? We thought that was well-written? Oh my God, this is terrible.
Ah yes, as opposed to your hilarious latest seasons, you fucking hack fraud
>>
>>87248183
Making bacon with Macon
>>
You know why they hate the earlier seasons right? It's because the kids acted like kids back then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHX9_q45zVE
>>
>>87250101
But those are the best not these "kids as mouth pieces" bullshit
>>
>>87250101
>>87251281

People want it to confirm their political beliefs and they hate any season that didn't focus on politics. That's why so many people hate the early seasons.

The early seasons were the best BECAUSE they didn't focus on shit. It was a cartoon for fuck sakes.
>>
>>87245599
This. I end up deleting everything I ever write because it just starts seeming like a huge pile of shit no matter what everyone around me is telling me.
>>
>>87246271
They were never potheads and would be offended at the assertion that their creativity comes from drugs and not a lot of hard work.
Thread posts: 117
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.