[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tv/ what did you think of "The Grey"? I think there's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 174229[1].jpg (116KB, 980x561px) Image search: [Google]
174229[1].jpg
116KB, 980x561px
/tv/ what did you think of "The Grey"? I think there's a lot of overt Christian symbolism and it's a story about a man re-discovering his will to live despite his trials and discovering what he actually lived *for*.
>>
>>87241748
very underrated film. Came into it open minded and left an existential mess.
>>
Boring as fuck, even if it was trying symbolize something it was a medicore attempt
>>
>>87241748
>evil wolves
>good movie

pick one
>>
>>87242010

The wolves weren't even necessarily real. They might have been a symbol in Ottway's purgatory or just a manifestation of his demons.

The other men seemed like they were just props or aspects of Ottway's personality and the wolves were a demonic existential terror that perused him like demons pursuing the damned.
>>
>>87241748
On the first viewing I hated it because advertisement for the movie had painted it as "Taken: With Wolves, Bitch" but it wasn't that at all. I gave it another shot attempting to appreciate it for it's own goals and I was moderately impressed.
>>
actually fairly impressed, very enjoyable movie
>>
>>87241748
Didn't he call God a fuck face?
>>
>>87241748
my favorite film.
>>
File: grey[1].jpg (264KB, 676x450px) Image search: [Google]
grey[1].jpg
264KB, 676x450px
>>87242537

No, he says "Fuck FAITH! EARN IT!" And calls upon God to "show him something real"

Everyone sins. Everyone loses faith. Everyone gets angry and scared.

A desperate, suicidal man placed in an impossible, hopeless situation calls to God to "show him something" and says he "needs it now, not later" - sensing his own end. God responds by miraculously leading him directly to the wolfs den - to face his climactic struggle head on. Ottway reflects on what the other men lived and died for and then finally through prayerful reflection came to terms with what he actually had lived for. Only then does Ottway gain the courage and strength to face his climactic penultimate challenge with bravery.

Ottway called out to God with a pure heart in his moment of need, and in return received *exactly* the guidance and strength that he needed.

https://youtu.be/krLdQ7MhBBQ

The final battle features the villain of the movie: a "wolf among sheep" - the deception of the devil vs a man armored in sheep's wool: A sheep among wolves, Just as Neeson is depicted in the bar scene and the way God describes his flock.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.