[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we get a list going of films that ruined entire franchises?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: Aliens-Ripley.jpg (255KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Aliens-Ripley.jpg
255KB, 1280x720px
Can we get a list going of films that ruined entire franchises?

>Completely misunderstands the premise of Alien, and turns a subdued movie about a single Alien stalking and killing a crew into a mindless action movie.
>Tries to establish the notion that female characters are only valuable as long as they have children
>Dumbed down the entire mythology of the Xenomorph, the now "perfect" organism is tied to a hivemind
>Pisses on far more cerebral ideas such as eggmorphing
>Helped give birth to the truly banal concept of the "Space Marine", leading to the team-up with prole-sludge franchise Predator to create the mind-numbingly stupid AVP series
>A shallow take on corporatism by James Cameron, with the character Burke showing up again in other movies such as avatar.
>Every film in the entire series after "Aliens" was subsequently criticized for not conforming to this mindless mold, even when the auteur of the original decides to wrest control of his franchise back from the idiots feeding his audience prole sludge

The fact that the entire supporting cast is walking one-note stereotypes doesn't help either, and the fact that Aliens fans have the gall to criticize the Alien prequels for this is baffling.
>>
File: Prometheusposterfixed.jpg (113KB, 350x519px) Image search: [Google]
Prometheusposterfixed.jpg
113KB, 350x519px
>>
>>87158681
fuck off retard
>>
>>87158681
>Dumbed down the entire mythology of the Xenomorph, the now "perfect" organism is tied to a hivemind

Literally nothing in the film implies hive minds. A hive mind is a shared mind between multiple organisms.

Incidentally, a perfect organism would have a hive mind.
>>
>>87158681
Terminator 2
>>
>>87158681

While I agree in principle, I still can't help enjoying it for what it is.

IF the series permanently ended after this one I'd have no complaints.
>>
File: 1378700947905.gif (495KB, 194x172px) Image search: [Google]
1378700947905.gif
495KB, 194x172px
>>87158681
>mfw OP actually criticized plebien II on /tv/
>mfw camerontards are assblasted
>mfw muh oscar winning directuer
>>
>>87159131
>Liking Aliens
>Calling anyone a retard
>>
>>87159166
Ants share have a hivemind. They are directed by pheromones, have a queen, and have a hierarchy. Same with the Xenomorphs in Aliens.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.