[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this set to be one of the greatest shows of all time? Season

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

Is this set to be one of the greatest shows of all time?

Season 1 was the best first season I've ever seen.
>>
It's has great worldbuilding but they need to come up with an interesting plot that people won't guess two episodes in.
>>
>dude this robot lady isn't getting her memory wiped and literally threatening to kill us if we don't help her escape
>let's not tell anyone lmao

still the best 10 episodes of TV I've ever watched
>>
>>87155415
>>87155454
True. But it's easy to build worlds when you have a shrink ray.
>>
Really? I completely lost interest by the end.
>>
The show was shit and people who unironically love it are mentally retarded teenagers
>>
File: 1480007291982.png (513KB, 638x400px) Image search: [Google]
1480007291982.png
513KB, 638x400px
>>87155494
>>
I love how there's two levels to the show. The le plot twists for the normies and the deep philosophical questions for the patricians.
>>
oh look something written by jonathan nolan that has twists and time line fuckery, how exciting

the show is for idiots and season 2 will be more of the same crap because jonathan nolan can't write anything without inserting stupid twists
>>
>GoT has completely shit the bed

>H-HEY GUISE!
>WESTWORLD!
>WE M-MADE WESTWORLD AND IT HAD, LIKE REAL ACTORS IN IT!!
>>
Yeah, watching that blonde bimbo's character "arc" turn into a giant hamster wheel of asking herself the same dumbass questions every episode and never getting an answer or any progression is a microcosm of the show.

"What doth life?" but unironically.

Also the reveals were shit.

"There's this evil badass leading the robot revolution.... Aaand its someone we've already met who is decidedly un-badass"

"There's this true forefather of robotics who is a genius that has been masterminding everything in Westworld.... Aaand its someone we've already met who is extremely bland and uninteresting."
>>
File: 1498096229706.jpg (81KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1498096229706.jpg
81KB, 2048x1536px
What the fuck is this?
>>
>>87156018
elon musks ex wife
>>
>>87156018
William's real world fiance. He drops it when he turns black hat. Dolores finds it buried later on.
>>
>>87156018
A stock photo
>>
>>87156018
doesn't look like anything to me
>>
File: 1461473846799.jpg (138KB, 980x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1461473846799.jpg
138KB, 980x1040px
>>87156018
doesnt look like anything to me XXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXD
>>
first couple episodes were good then it shit the bed hard. I was so god damn bored by the end I'm actually mad I watched all the way through
>>
>>87156441
I waited till it was finished airing and I'd forgotten all the shitposting and watched it all in a couple days. Its pretty good that way.
>>
>>87156018
Doesn't look like anything to me.
>>
>>87155649
Why be angry and insulting? Life is no fun as a toxic person.
>>
File: 1504233306722.jpg (3KB, 141x34px) Image search: [Google]
1504233306722.jpg
3KB, 141x34px
>>87155415
>Is this set to be one of the greatest shows of all time?
top jerj
>>
I find it extremely overrated and not that good. Big budget, but that's it.

I know that just makes me look like a contrarian, but I never see anyone talk about what was good about this show. It's like they just say it's good because they're supposed too, because their friends get HBO.

It was predictable as fuck, really stupid at points, nonsensical at others, tedius, repetitive and unoriginal most of the time.
>>
>>87156718
It would have made 1 really good long episode of black mirror, was kind of like it fell into the Heroes/Fringe camp somewhere after episode 4 or 5 imo
>>
No, it was actually pretty shit.
>>
>>87156602
/thread
>>
>>87155489
Felix wanted her to be free. That's why there was that scene of him with the robot bird.
>>
>>87156018
robots were programmed to automatically ignore everything that conflicts with westworld (usually by saying doesnt look like meme to meme)
for some reason, the robot glitched when he picked up the picture. it did look like something to him. he couldnt figure out what.
>>
>>87156572
Why be upset and nagging? Life is no fun as a toxic person.
>>
After Game of Thrones ends, Westworld will be the new cash cow. You'll be seeing people watching it in bars and shit.
>>
>>87156951
Imagine what it would feel like to hold "nothing" in your hand. You know its there, as you can tell you have something in your hand, but its still nothing.
>>
>>87157040
Hosts can't see what it's programmed not to see. It's like asking you to imagine a new color or something 4 dimensional.
>>
>>87157019
it makes me so sad, HBO is gonna milk westworld till its dry. I'm talking Man in Black spin-off milking.
>>
>>87157019
We can only hope GoT dies soon then. And have been hoping.
>>
>>87157100
Pretty soon there will be a theory that every HBO show is just a theme park. Westworld will be St Elsewhere. It'll be going places and I'm saying this now while normies aren't talking about it.
>>
>>87156602
But Fringe was good, even a jewish broken clock can be right twice a day
>>
>>87157019
>After Game of Thrones ends, the 5 confirmed Game of Thrones spin-offs will be the new cash cow
ftfy
>>
>>87155415
This show is straight up hot garbage, and any idiot that continued to watch it after the second episode should be culled.
>>
>>87157148
>From the creators of westworld [executive producer]
>random show with easter eggs
>BUT THERES A TWIST
the twist is it's a prequel
the twist is that it's all VR in hypersleep
>>
The last episode of season 1 was trash

Literally had the character narrating how they thought and felt.
>>
>>87156951
it was all intentional. the bugs were programed in to produce the army of kill bots who could fight humans and make the park more realistic

it wasnt done for any noble reason either thats just how its framed in the show. the entire theme park and all technology that made it work was under constant threat of trade secrets being stolen.

he just wanted to end on a high note and screw every one else so nobody can have super happy happy fun time with some random fuck bot they juts shot in the head because if 1 guy getting shot before the park was officially opened was so bad the investors covered up his entire existence than the investors getting shot is like instant its illegal nobody gets fuck bots
>>
>>87157177
>letting Dabid make shows from the ground up after seeing the state of GoT without book material to adapt

The first spinoff they try will probably get Romed and that will be the end of it.
>>
>>87157271
D&D aren't doing the spin-offs
>>
>>87157164
fringe was sub-par at best
>>
>>87157368
Yeah, that's very generous.
>>
>>87157085
Exactly nigga. He can't see it, but its there, in his hand, and he knows its something.

Shit wasn't so much a bug as a legitimate existential crisis trigger.
>>
>>87155415
For what possible reasons?

>Slow and drawn out story
>Hardly any interesting characters
>Twists for the twists sake
>More predictable than desert weather
>>
>>87157019
got has upcoming spinoffs. the got will never end
>>
>>87156441
It definitely played too much of its hand. I would have really liked for a lot of the reveals to be fleshed out later on. It feels like, going in to season 2, there isn't much mystery left to disect.
>>
>>87156506
Definitely. I binged it excluding the last episode (got on board late) and I found it really fun and interesting to watch back-to-back. Wouldn't have been as good if I waited.
>>
File: 1479652932486.jpg (213KB, 1503x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1479652932486.jpg
213KB, 1503x1000px
>>87157796
His ruse cruise isn't even halfway over.
>>
>>87157842
Ah, the good Affleck in a theme appropriate role.
>>
>>87157177
See, I have no doubt the spinoffs will be successful as first, but at least GoT had the first three seasons to pull in people who would be critical of it now. It won't be the same with the spinoffs
>>
>>87155415
>WAAAH WESTWORLD SUCKS BECAUSE JJ ABRAHAMS DA JOO
>LE BLACK WOMAN OUTSMARTED THE WHITE KEK
>MUH WHITEWASHING WAAAAAH
>I DON'T GET THE TWO TIMELINES WAAAAH
>RACHEL IS A SJW SO I DONT LIKE HER
>>
>>87157950
you forget about reddit
>>
>>87158058
Literally who?
>>
>>87158058
I don't think it matters. People aren't actually that stupid. If GoT pandered too much in the beginning the HBO crowd wouldn't have liked it as much, meaning it would eventually get dropped. You need that base.

The spinoffs will try to piggyback off the original series but they face two problems:
1.) If they stay too similar to the original you could see a lot of burnouts from the original fan base
2.) If it strays too far from the original they'll risk alienating the large crowds that loved the original

It's possible the spinoffs strike that line between the two, but considering they are cash grabs based on a show who has decreased it's production quality every season since it got uber popular, I have my doubts.
>>
>>87155415
>Season 1 was the best first season I've ever seen.

Then you should watch Fargo.
>>
File: 1479762680699.jpg (42KB, 566x570px) Image search: [Google]
1479762680699.jpg
42KB, 566x570px
>>
>>87158225
A lot changed since GoT started airing. There are now three huge streaming services that'll pay a rather ridiculous amount of money for distribution rights to "premium" channel content and cableTV is just about fucking dead. Not to mention buzz can be generated artificially and catch on with enough people that it doesn't really matter how good or bad content is, people will watch it and pay to watch it.
>>
>>87158897
How can brainlets even compete?
>>
>>87156947
I believe anon is referring to the two workers and the robot Maeve.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.