[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gonna watch this classic tonight so I was wondering what's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: Lotr.jpg (106KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
Lotr.jpg
106KB, 400x600px
Gonna watch this classic tonight so I was wondering what's /tv/'s consensus on the lord of the rings films

I've always thought 2>3>1
>>
>2>3>1
Literally the worst possible opinion
>>
>>87146012
How so

2 is pure T kino

I watched 1 last night and it was great but not near as good as 2.

Then 3 has all the special effects and shit but Just isn't as good as 2 imo
>>
>>87145896
They can't be ranked pleb
>>
When I was a kid RoTK was my favorite. Now it's Fellowship.

1 > 3 > 2
>>
Imo its literally the opposite
1>>3>>>2
>>
>>87145896
1>3>2
>>
1>3>2

objectively
>>
>>87146063
1 is by far the best in structure, atmosphere, world building and emotion. It escalates pretty flawlessly from each act to the next, the soundtrack is literally perfect, and the movie is split into three well paced segments. Everything in the Shire is god tier comfiness, and when they leave, the film creates an amazing sense of adventure into the wider world and the unknown. The entire film is brimming with a sense of history - of a world far older and bigger than the setting and characters we're observing. In my opinion, none of the other films achieved this quite like Fellowship. TTT to me is a bridging point from 1 to 3. Yes, it has a self contained conflict and resolution, but to me it doesn't feel like a complete film, as the other two do. It also doesn't quite reach the emotional peaks of 1 and 3, in my opinion. It feels colder than the others.
>>
>>87146205
>>87146235
>>87146253
So I take 1>3>2 is the consensus then

I guess I gotta rewatch the Fellowship with the extended edition to fully get it.
>>
>>87146308
Imo i dont really like extended editions at all, does that make me a fake fan? Added on scenes ruin the atmosphere and flow of the films and sometimes are outright cheesy or have bad acting
>>
>>87146436
The added scenes in Fellowship are essential imo. For the other two, I don't consider them necessary.
>>
>>87145896
Is two the one where he skateboards on his shield?

I stopped watching and asked for a refund at that point.
>>
>>87145896
1>2>3 for the films, and probably for the books too, now that I think of it, though here it's a bit harder to choose.
>>
File: 1496676378960.jpg (58KB, 900x635px) Image search: [Google]
1496676378960.jpg
58KB, 900x635px
1=2=3, any other opinion is shit
>>
>>87145896
Rate my Remake Casting:
Aragorn - Idris Elba
Elijah Wood - Kevin Hart
Samwise Gamgee - Anthony Mackie
Perrigin Took - Tyler James Williams
Meriadoc Brandybuck - Common
Legolas - Chadwick Bozeman
Gimli - Donald Glover
Boromir - Michael B Jordan
Gandalf - Morgan Freeman
Sauroman - Forrest Whittaker
Elrond - Denzel Washington
Arwen - Taylor Swift
Galandriel - Beyonce
Gollum - Jamie Foxx
Theoden - Danny Glover
Eomer - Mekhi Pfhifer
Eowyn - Jennifer Laurence
Faramir - Chris Brown
>>
>>87146950
eric simply eric
>>
>>87146950
Thatll show dem white supermacists my fellow nog
>>
1 is the only good movie, even when I was a kid I found 2 so boring I stopped watching it halfway through and never finished it.
>>
I genuinely like Fellowship the best, comfy as fuck, great fantasy, great moments.

I'd probably say 1 > 2 = 3
>>
Unless you are under 15 its going to lose a lot of its magic.
>>
Post your favourite track
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldEM3h93Mfg
>>
>>87147115
There are too many amazing ones.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYS5W4jnAt8
>0:45
>>
>>87147115
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUIZvAe3RBg
>>
1>2>>>> 3

3 is just bad. big dumb cgi crapfest battles
>>
>>87146534
this. Fellowship is a 10/10.
>>
There's a new youtube channel, it's actually pretty good considering. You guys should check out this video
https://youtu.be/3FpISu2q1KM
>>
They're all equally great for the most part imo
>>
>>87146950
>Arwen - Taylor Swift
Lel
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.