[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RIP movie theaters. >Apple is still in talks with major

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: apple.png (34KB, 1000x1215px) Image search: [Google]
apple.png
34KB, 1000x1215px
RIP movie theaters.

>Apple is still in talks with major movie studios alongside Comcast for a service that would make digital movie rentals available for new releases just weeks after hitting theaters, according to a new report from Bloomberg detailing the negotiations.

>The studios involved in the talks with Apple and Comcast include Warner Bros. and Universal Pictures, but so far the companies have been “unable to arrive at a mutually beneficial way to create a $30 to $50 premium movie-download product,”

https://9to5mac.com/2017/08/18/apple-comcast-movie-rental-theaters-universal-warner-bros/
>>
>apple
>movies specifically targeted to their customers
Even more gay faggotry in the movies.
>>
>50 bucks to watch the latest capeshit at home a little early

No
>>
>10 buck at most to see a movie in a cinema
>apple thinks people will pay 30-50

for $30 i can sit in a leather recliner and be served food and beer.. fuck apple
>>
>alongside Comcast
No, fuck that.
>>
Only way this plan works is if they can market in a way to convince buyers to invite their friends over like they're watching GoT or something.
>>
>>87120001
never happen, most people don't pirate cam vids, if they release this shit digital first it will be pirated in good quality before it hits theaters.

That will absolutely impact ticket sales
>>
>>87120582
>people start making reaction videos to star wars and avengers movies
>>
>>87120001
So we can have a decent torrent within days?
Neat.
>>
Movie theaters are the only reason I even leave the house
>>
>comcast

just fuck my shit up
they gonna throttle the shit out of other streaming website in favor for their service, im calling it now
>>
Other articles are saying the movies would be available within TWO WEEKS.

The theaters are going to fight that so hard.
>>
>>87120001
fuck that at $30 and $50. I like going out to theatres. that shit won't die. someone will always provide the service. also they will cannabilize their sales, that shit will be ripped day one.
>>
>>87120001
this has been an option for studios for years, the reason they don't do it is because of piracy. Everyone on /tv/ would have an HD copy of the film
>>
>>87120624
Unless piracy isn't nearly as bad as studios are claiming.
>>
>>87120783
It already happens in Korea.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.