[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

God, that was boring af I fucking can't stand Chaplin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

God, that was boring af

I fucking can't stand Chaplin or his humor.

3/10
>>
>>87104452
Understandable, it's not for everyone.

Happy painting and god bless.
>>
t. Fat yank
>>
>>87104508
Thanks

I think there is noone who really likes all the "classics"
>>
>smacks head on doorway
LOL!
>guy chasing him falls over
LMAO!
>something falls out of his pocket without him realising
ROFL!

Why was early comedy so childish and shit?
>>
>this is the generation that either spouts nonsensical Nazi rhetoric or burns down everything that is not Stalinism
>>
>>87104540
Critically acclaimed comedies today (Hot Fuzz) also got this humour.
>>
>>87104540
The real question is why Chaplin doesn't make me laugh but The Three Stooges make me laugh so hard it causes me physical pain.
>>
>>87104540
Comedy was an upper class thing and the idea of someone falling over was amusing them.
>>
>>87104452
It's a poor/stupid man's Dr.Strangelove.
>>
>>87104452
fuck off, nazi scum
>>
>>87104452
Buster Keaton is better for his stunts if nothing else.
>>
>>87104590
Chaplin would be the equivalent of one of those social media personality types that spends more protesting and sharing saccharine motivational shit, than actually doing anything of worth. You might not be able to pick up on fake shit, but your brain does.

Three Stooges were generally 3 relatable dudes doing embarrassing shit. Laughter is sympathy, and you can see yourself as one of the three.
>>
>>87104452
libcuck propaganda
>>
Chaplin was a commie stooge and this movie was made when Stalin wanted to keep America out of the war
>>
File: 1489792253870.jpg (16KB, 390x379px) Image search: [Google]
1489792253870.jpg
16KB, 390x379px
>>87104858
you just blew my fucking mind man
>>
>>87104452
The jokes were pretty good though. Especially the Mussolini character and his stupid faces. You didn't tear up at the speech at the end?
>>87104632
No, not at all. The only thing they have in common is two countries at war.
>>
File: DRUMPF.png (60KB, 655x762px) Image search: [Google]
DRUMPF.png
60KB, 655x762px
>>87104941
>You didn't tear up at the speech at the end?
>Dude, bigotry is BAD.
No
>>
>>87105090
Yeah, those fags calling Trump Hitler are fucking stupid but the same core message of the film is still applicable that bigotry and anti-semitism is wrong.
>>
>>87104941
>You didn't tear up at the speech at the end?
It's a poor man's speech of the Colonel in Metal Gear Solid 2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKl6WjfDqYA
>>
>to do away with national barriers
>to do away with greed with hatred and intolerance

He's literally advocating for one government world. No wonder the kikes push him as a genius and the best comedian. Christ, it's like a teenage hippie wrote this garbage.
>do away with hatred and greed
As long as there's two people on the world, one is going to want the other dead. It is human nature to be greedy and hateful, as it is to be giving and loving. Part of being an adult is recognizing this and balancing both. If you try to be too giving, you have nothing. If you try to be too greedy, you isolate yourself from everything. If you try to run from this issue, you're just a weak-willed weak-minded inconsistent pushover that will never be truly satisfied in life.

Jesus fucking Christ, only emotionally stunted brainlets actually think it's inspirational.
>>
>>87105145
>core message of the film is still applicable that bigotry and anti-semitism is wrong.
Sure, but it's not a profound and emotional message.
>>
>>87105323
>As long as there's two people on the world, one is going to want the other dead.
Not everyone is some bitter teenager who hates the world lmao
>>
>>87104590
Buster Keaton BTFOs both of them
>>
File: 8y9155195681.jpg (18KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
8y9155195681.jpg
18KB, 400x300px
>>87104452

Thanks pleb. Anymore shit opinions?
>>
>>87105344
I'd argue for the time period it was because actual unironic Nazism was spreading around Europe and groups were even forming in the already segregated US.
>>
>>87105323
That actually sounds more anti-government than one government.
>>
File: PHq4V2V.jpg (59KB, 586x442px) Image search: [Google]
PHq4V2V.jpg
59KB, 586x442px
>>87104508
>Happy painting and god bless.
>Happy painting

kek
>>
The scene with the coins in the food was extremely funny, but overall it's one of his weaker movies.
>>
File: pol.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pol.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
>>87105578
people always forget this.

Nazis were all over the States. Then they became 'patriotic fascists' and were bloodthirsty for war against the gooks and then the vietnamese, they hated civil rights, they hated integration, they hated communists, they hated the hippie movement, etc.

They're not celebrated but surely the angry crowds in all those civil rights pictures should tell you that hate and fascism in america was always present. It just lost as fascism always, invariably does.
>>
>>87106176
>they hated communists, they hated the hippie movement

Who doesn't?
>>
>>87104452
I really like the shaving scene. and when he dances with the globe ball.
>>
>>87106065

Those dimensions are ersatz as fuck. Any more Hitler art?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.