[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>can't fuck with free will >controls what Steve Carrell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: almightys.jpg (30KB, 450x225px) Image search: [Google]
almightys.jpg
30KB, 450x225px
>can't fuck with free will
>controls what Steve Carrell says

Also, anyone else ever annoyed that the downside of having the powers of God was the aftermath from unforeseen consequences? Shouldn't the powers of God allow you to foresee all consequences.
>>
'dude its just a movie shut off ur brain'- Reddit
>>
>>87100590
I'd argue he was merely given God powers, he didn't actually become God. Which would make sense considering he still lived on earth and like had six and stuff. If anything he's some weird Jesus type (christ is Lord after all etc etc)
>>
>>
>>87100590
If you look at it from a Gnostic view point, God only let Jim Carry think he had all the powers God had.

It was all a ploy to teach him a lesson.
>>
>>87100590

He never learned how to control his God powers.
>>
>>87100590
What the fuck does God care about our free will? It was Satan that gave us free will.
>>
>>87100785
Does anyone remember if God ever warns Bruce that the shit he does will have consequences?

I always hate those lessons that come from not knowing how the powers work. It's the same with Click. Adam Sandler is never told that the clicker will auto skip everything he's previously fast forwarded. And even if they're not warned, these characters never stop to wonder why they're just given these things willy nilly.
>>
>>87100977
True.

t. The Lightbringer
>>
>>87100590
Evan was just having a stroke
>>
>>87100590
Can God foresee all consequences? At least, in the context of this movie?

I thought that was the lesson that was being taught to him here. He blames God for not coming in and fixing all his shit, and he learns that fixes have unintended consequences so God is better off sitting back and letting humanity do whatever.

Or is it that you're more fulfilled and better off fixing your own problems with work and effort rather than getting the easy fix handed to you and not being satisfied with it?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.