[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Terminator thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: why.jpg (91KB, 1340x811px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
91KB, 1340x811px
why is this scene so hard to watch?

also terminator thread

>why did John and his mother and the T800 forgot to destroy the arm that was left behind in the machinery
>how sentient was the T1000 actually?
>why was it so important to mention that Michael jackson turned 40 at the end?
>>
>>87100483
lol fuck off reddit
>>
>>87100529
I'm not reddit you homo
>>
>>87100483
can trust man to kill himself
cant trust woman to destroy his arm

>mfw she trained to be a badass and still needed protecting from who she trained to be ready for.

liquid metal dude had to ask around town, and still found sarah conner
>>
>>87100921
why didn't the T1000 kill Sarah when he pierced her shoulder?
why didn't the T1000 kill the Helicopter pilot?

was he self aware?
>>
>>87100483
>why is this scene so hard to watch?
Because you have a somewhat difficult relationship with your father. That's why it hits so hard for me.
>>
File: 1312536581728.jpg (51KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
1312536581728.jpg
51KB, 396x385px
>>87101150
but I have a good relationship with my dad.
I just feel bad for John connor losing his father figure I guess.
>>
>>87101299
Hmmm, never thought that might be an explanation. Seems like you're a good guy with empathy. Congrats om your dad btw, must feel good
>>
>>87101055
>why didn't the T1000 kill Sarah when he pierced her shoulder?
He was using her as an aid to get john, john is the prime target, did you watch the kino?
>why didn't the T1000 kill the Helicopter pilot?
A)because he's knew there's a chance of him dying by falling out of the helicopter, hence he would have terminated him without having to do anything himself b)the chopper would have slowed him down anyway with another body onboard it was easier to manouvre now c)for kino standards and gives death a bit of a character because essentially that's what t-1000 is
>>
>>87100483
i remember wanting to be metal man as a kid
>>
>>87103010
>did you watch the kino?
T1000 could easily imitate her and a scene later he does it even, so why not kill her and keep her alive?
>>
File: No_fate_but_what_we_ate.jpg (41KB, 640x359px) Image search: [Google]
No_fate_but_what_we_ate.jpg
41KB, 640x359px
>>
>Near perfect infiltration unit
>Goes with direct confrontation almost the whole time
>Shows as a cop to a conflictive kid

If the T1000 showed a bit of logic John would have been killed.
>>
>>87100483
>why is this scene so hard to watch?

Because you're watching a machine that's become a surrogate father to a young boy sacrifice itself for him at the very moment it becomes human.

>why did John and his mother and the T800 forgot to destroy the arm that was left behind in the machinery

Presumably because they didn't know it was there. All the arm would do is advance material science anyway, the chip was the big deal.

According to the novelisation of the film, written by Cameron's scripting partner, very. It didn't actually have to follow any of Skynet's directives and could actively have chosen to disobey if it had enough time to form its own interests.

Michael Jackson was literally the biggest star on the planet in the 80's and 90's. Him turning 40 without incident would have been a clear, understandable touchstone for any audience anywhere in the world in 1991.
>>
The Terminator is so much better than T2.
>>
>>87101055
>why didn't the T1000 kill Sarah when he pierced her shoulder?

Presumably wanted to sample her speech patterns to try and trick John with later.

>why didn't the T1000 kill the Helicopter pilot?

Terminators don't just kill every human in sight in the first two films. In T1 the T800 only kills the one punk who directly attacks him in the opening LA scene. It only kills the gun shop owner for the sakes of expedience. The T1000 in T2 only typically kills people it wants to impersonate, or people who get directly in its way at critical moments like the truck driver during the highway chase or the janitor at the mall.
>>
>>87100483
the arm in T1 was intact, that one is completely crushed and useless, that's why Bob didn't give a fuck about it
so advanced that Skynet was apparently afraid of it
only in teh special edition ending, which was scrapped in favor of the much superior theatrical ending, anyway a movie used a pop culture reference in order to give the audience a tangible idea, news at 11
>>
>>87105904
They're both equally good. It's just a matter of personal taste - do you prefer the lean, vicious mix of slasher horror and proto-cyberpunk/"tech-noir" high concept sci-fi of the first, or the paradigm-shifting unrelenting action and spectacle of the second?

Personally T1 edges it for me, but I'm not going to claim someone is wrong for preferring T2.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.