[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>watch first five minutes of The Master >Pacific Theatre

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: locandina.jpg (108KB, 420x600px) Image search: [Google]
locandina.jpg
108KB, 420x600px
>watch first five minutes of The Master
>Pacific Theatre was just a Gay Summer Camp

The fuck is this!?
>>
I like the second processing scene where Joaquin and Mr Robot have to insult each other without blinking. I forgot what Joaquin said the second time, something like "what have you done? I fought in the war?" then he realizes how much of a failure he was. I cri everytiem
>>
if that's what you got from the first five minutes you should just stop now
>>
Reddit: the film
>>
>>87099139
I'm willing to stake money on the fact that you're either a woman or have never once played on a sports team or even really enjoyed male camaraderie.
>>
>>87099139
Should have been good. Wasn't.
Great actors wasted in a flim-flam flick of meandering quality.

Great example of a shit film that elitists like to say they think is a masterpiece to make themselves feel lofty and superior. "you just don't understand quality film" etc "get on my level"
>>
>>87099656
I have never met anyone in person who has even watched this film. I met one of the extras and he even told me that he didn't think it had a good plot.
>>
>>87099656
>only criticism is
>it's a flim flam flick of meandering quality

Do you have even a single logical reason to explain your opinion, or you just have it because because?
>>
>>87099656
It's superbly acted mediocrity that's also a commentary on cults like Scientology. I liked it, but I didn't think it was much more than that.
>>
>>87100278
its not about Scientology, it uses a fake version of Scientology as a background to explore freddie and the master, their personality, their friendship, the effects ww2 had on freddie
>>
It's about the Freudian psyche you retards.
>>
File: only god forgives feels.gif (1002KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
only god forgives feels.gif
1002KB, 500x332px
>>87099215
>Doris... She got rid of you, right? She saw you for what you are, selfish and alone. You should go into the hospital with your mother, because that's where you belong. Because you're sick, and you're tired, and you need to be alone away from people.
>How many people you kill, dummy? Huh, you drunk dummy? You blow 'em all up and burn them? Dummy, dummy, dummy...
>>
>>87099768
>an extra somehow has an opinion that invalidates any other opinion
you realize he was probably just jealous he couldn't land an actual role, right?
>>
>>87100897
Do you remember what Freddie says before his jerkass realization?
>>
>>87100463
>its not about Scientology

It is about Scientology.

> it uses a fake version of Scientology

It literally uses Scientology and auditing down to word by word copies of Hubbard's interviews.

> as a background to explore freddie
> the effects ww2 had on freddie

You're assuming the insights and breakthroughs are real?
>>
File: master freddie cry.gif (2MB, 353x228px) Image search: [Google]
master freddie cry.gif
2MB, 353x228px
>>87099656
This film is an abstract "feeling" kind of film. Freddie or the Master's plights and struggles and journey will only resonate with a certain audience. If you watched the trailer that featured Jo Stafford's rendition of No Other Love and didn't feel something very emotionally resonant from the juxtaposition of the footage and the track I could have told you then that you wouldn't like it.

The quality of this film is in emotional abstraction.

>You can't take this life straight, can you?

>>87100986
you'd have to be more specific it's been a couple years since I watched the film in full
>>
>>87100984
Yeah, ironically he at a booth trying to sell pictures of his 3 second scene in the movie. He charged $15 for a picture and autograph.
>>
>>87101157
>you'd have to be more specific it's been a couple years since I watched the film in full

The last thing Freddie says to Dodd's son in law during that processing scene you quoted.
>>
>>87099266
>male camaraderie
You posted in that Kids thread didn't you
>>
>>87099139
it's a funny movie
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.