[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Halt and Catch Fire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: hacf.png (56KB, 343x406px) Image search: [Google]
hacf.png
56KB, 343x406px
Why aren't you watching the most underrated show on TV?
>>
>>87075573
Because the first season's reviews weren't near as good, and I haven't hopped on.
>>
How are seasons 3 and 4? Haven't watched since 2. Not cause I dropped it just kinda never got around to it. Thought season 1 was 10/10 and 2 was maybe 7~8/10
>>
>>87075687
I personally thought season 1 was better too. If I had to rank them, I'd say 3 > 1 > 2. Haven't started on 4 yet.
>>
>the first season was objectively the best season

>worst reviews

>second season was worse, higher reviews
>third season was total dogshit
>highest reviews

>>
>>87075749
Idk why the second season shifted more focus on to the women. I mean, I know why they did. Pandering obviously. But Joe & Gordon's dynamic was so much more interesting that the women's
>>
>>87076031
The dynamic of dragging complacent companies kicking and screaming into the future was it's best aspect.

Don't know why they dropped that.
>>
GoT's metascore plummeted because since the S5 leaks HBO hasn't given the media critics their 4 episode allotment for review, they just review the pilot episode when it airs. This season was at least a 97/100.
>>
>>87076031
>But Joe & Gordon's dynamic was so much more interesting that the women's
This. Also why the fuck are the writers so intent on fucking over Gordon's life so hard?
>>
Joe is so sexy he could butter my buscuit
>>
>>87076031
It's funny cause rags like AV club hated Season 1 then gave S2 all A's and cited the women shit every time.
>>
started off very well, good nostalgic 80s atmosphere and i liked the main characters a lot

season 2 was not as good but i still liked it until the mediocre finale

couldn't get past only a couple of season 3 episodes, the feminist angle was ramped up to such a level it really killed everything for me, donna and gordon's characters became honestly shitty and joe and cameron stagnated heavily

a shame really, maybe i'll try again someday
>>
>>87075573
Because I totally hate it. Especially that dyke coder. It's a fictionalized version of a time in history when men utterly ruled the most important new technology field in human history. And because of some left wing propaganda bullshit we can't even take credit for our amazing accomplishment.
>>
>>87075573
What video game is Cameron's "Pilgrim" based about?
>>
>>87075804
This, I just marathoned it. Loved the first season. Midway through season 3 I decided its not a very good show.

Its like mad men without the good cinematograpy or soundtrack. Definitely quicker paced, but feels more condensed character wise.
>>
>>87077554
From the beginning of season 2, you can tell they couldn't figure out what they wanted to do with him. Umm well now he's a cocaine addict, wait, now he has brain damage, wait now he's selling computers out of his garage, no wait, now he wants to write software.
>>
>>87075804
This happens all the time, usually as a consequence of reviewers scoring a show based on the first 3-4 episodes rather than the whole season. Higher grades for season 2 are the quality of season 1 "catching up" with the reviews. BoJack and Game of Thrones also jump to mind for having this issue.
>>
Stopped watching in the second season because I hate /v/.
>>
>>87078103
In season one, you can take genderswapping the l33t coder as a sort of visual representation of how the character's ideas represented a far more attractive paradigm shift than any of the male characters.

As joe just wants FASTER BETTER and gordon is just a wirehead. As what changed computing from a utility to a ubiquity wasn't faster/smaller/cheaper, it was what could be done with it.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.