[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did the Simpsons go downhill? Inb4 Sneed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: 235px-The_Simpsons_4F23.png (69KB, 235x176px) Image search: [Google]
235px-The_Simpsons_4F23.png
69KB, 235x176px
When did the Simpsons go downhill? Inb4 Sneed
>>
>>
>>87056116
>Inb4 Sneed
>I don't want silly the meme but I want to ask the same questions and mantain my simpsons circlejerk intact
>>
Chuck
>>
season 2
>>
When the 90's ended the cultural zeitgeist changes, but the characters were stuck in stagnant roles built around caricatures of 90's culture.

As culture further changed, the jokes became lazier because writers realized the heart of the show was gone but continued to cash in on the legacy created by the original 12 seasons.

13th season on doesn't count. The exact episode where the show became complete trash was arguably either when Maude Flanders died or the 300th episode, featuring Blink 182.
>>
frank grimes should have been the series finale. it encapsulated everything Homer was.
>>
when celebrities stopped becoming the joke and became integral to the plot
but honestly I stopped watching when every resident of Springfield got their own stories
>>
Principal Skinner (formerly Armin Tamzarian)
>>
File: sneed posting.png (2MB, 3834x1726px) Image search: [Google]
sneed posting.png
2MB, 3834x1726px
>>87056116

reminder, sneed poster is an underage spammer
>>
>>87056280
this is your legacy, take a step back and look at yourself
>>
Sometime around season 5. They even admitted Homer was getting dumber and whatnot in their self aware special.
>>
> Golden Age of Simpsons writers left the show

> Removal of grounded family comedy and the people of Springfield to outrageous storylines

> Over exaggeration of characters aka Flanders for example

> Ruining Seymour Skinner's character with him being a imposter

> Just throwing in celebrities into every episode than actually have celebrities voice other characters

> Ruining the core family character traits: Homer becomes a huge jerk, Lisa becomes a liberal mouth piece, etc.
>>
>>87056519
lisa was always an annoying liberal mouthpiece
>>
>>87056280
reminder, "sneed poster is an underage spammer" poster is an underage spammer
>>
>>87056519
>> Just throwing in celebrities into every episode than actually have celebrities voice other characters
>> Ruining the core family character traits: Homer becomes a huge jerk, Lisa becomes a liberal mouth piece, etc.
lisa the vegetarian to both points
>>
>>87056280

Based
>>
The movie should have ended it
>>
>>87056519
>Ruining Seymour Skinner's character with him being a imposter
I never got why this bothered people so much. He's still the same character. And like continuity matters in the fucking Simpsons.
>>
File: sneed.jpg (23KB, 165x279px) Image search: [Google]
sneed.jpg
23KB, 165x279px
>>87056280
imagine being this mad at a meme. I wonder if this man dreams of sneed?
>>
>>87059003
that's sneed jr you fuck tard
>>
>HAVE NO FEAR WE'VE GOT STORIES FOR YEARS

Insane when I think about how long ago this episode was. They were already getting flak for the shit writing 15 years ago and they just kept going. It's actually quite impressive in it's own way.
>>
Season 10
>>
>>87056519
Thinking about it, how many characters had retcons?

>Ned Flanders = repressed anger and hatred for parents
>Jebediah Springfield = evil pirate
>Roger Meyers Sr = plagiarist
>Bumblebee Man = Norwegian ?
>>
>>87059376
It's actually been almost 20 years at this point.
>>
>>87056519
>Just throwing in celebrities into every episode than actually have celebrities voice other characters

I see this complaint a lot but they always did it. Homer at the Bat was great, James Woods was kino - they weren't playing characters.
>>
>>87059286
Says you scientists are still debating which is which.
>>
When Futurama was greenlight and the good writers jumped ship with Groening.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.