[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

Explain this
>>
>>87001984
Sorry Annabell but I'm afraid a woman just wouldn't ever understand this scene
>>
>>87001984
Why did the USA thought that a 20-projectile mag was fine for a squad light machine gun?
>>
>>87001984
You do know that's actually possible and has been done in war before, right?
>>
File: 63209828_p3_master1200.jpg (20KB, 291x228px) Image search: [Google]
63209828_p3_master1200.jpg
20KB, 291x228px
>Mel had to actually cut out a lot of little sequences from veterans' stories because he thought that audiences wouldn't believe them because of how weird and crazy they were
>>
>>87002736
still looked ridiculous and took people completely out of the movie
>>
>>87002701
It was a holdover from the first world war where it made for a decent light machine gun for the standards of the time. The arms, equipment and tactics of a military usually tend to stagnate in between conflicts and rapidly change during them.
>>
>>87001984

When they say men were made of stronger stuff, they really weren't kidding. That man is literally steel.
>>
>>87002736

Proof it you gigantic faggot
>>
>>87002736
I doubt it happened often
>>
File: 1492318464116.gif (3MB, 435x316px) Image search: [Google]
1492318464116.gif
3MB, 435x316px
>>87002804
>it's completely possible and has been done before
>b-b-but it's ridiculous!
Legendary
>>
>>87002701
Are you seriously complaining that your arms are too weak?
>>
>>87002989
he's saying 20 rounds is not enough for substantial cover fire or suppression you moron.
>>
>>87002736
Yeah, it's physically possible to hold a blown up torso of your war buddy in front of you with one hand. Won't save from a bullet tho. And sniper accuracy when hipfiring BAR with one fucking hand is questionable at the very least.
>>
>>87001984
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlaGhihG3pc
it's that kind of schlock that made the second half entertaining.
>>
If this works then why don't they just give everyone armor made out of meat
>>
File: nade.webm (3MB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
nade.webm
3MB, 1920x800px
what about this
>>
white boy war propaganda
>>
It looks really cool
>>
>>87003555
Also when he kicks the grenade near the ends
>>
>>87002701
if video game balance is any indication of real life, then each shot from a BAR does more damage than any Thompson or Garand bullet so everything evens out.
>>
>>87002757
who knows if they're making shit up. hall of cost survivors still swear the nazis had penis milking machines.
>>
>>87003593
you're right, we need more zulu war propaganda in our movies
>>
this was based on true events. most people don't realize how gruesome war is. go read a fucking book on stalingrad or something. i remember reading a german soldiers story of how he wasn't allowed to save evacuated women and children who were being burned alive after their boat was hit by a white phosphorus tank round (they were mistaken for soviet reinforcements). they had to close the tank hatches at night so they couldn't hear the screams. by the next morning they were all frozen corpses. that's one of the easier stories.
>>
File: 1458887236399.png (75KB, 198x198px) Image search: [Google]
1458887236399.png
75KB, 198x198px
>>87001984
this is just like my animays, they're even fighting japs
>>
>>87004037
See >>87003157
>>
>>87004037
>bullets rip through a man killing him
>pick up the remains of that man
>remains act like a shield against same bullets

I don't think we're questioning if mad shit happened, just whether this would actually work. And regardless of accuracy, it looked fucking ridiculous in the context of this serious war movie.
>>
>>87002757

>always the same quote
Also the guy in the picture isn't the person who was the medic.
>>
>>87002896
>>87002736

Could you post a source that supports your claim?
>>
>>87002880

And happens only once in the movie.
>>
>>87002736
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
>>
>>87004354
Ask to be spoonfed and i'll post a source.
>>
>>87004529
lol no you won't
>>
>>87004529
end your pathetic life
>>
>>87002757

Well what do you expect? Life is more amazing than movies.

What do the men to in war? They try to survive and kill. So doing something crazy in that mind is not "but muh realism" kind of situation. Why do you think some of these peoples don't want to talk about war? Or why some can't do shit after? They had to do something that is not human.
>>
>>87004444
QUAD QUADS LAUGHS AT YOU
>>
>>87004549
>>87004572
Then don't ask for a source if you won't comply.
>>
File: BravoGibson.webm (928KB, 720x304px) Image search: [Google]
BravoGibson.webm
928KB, 720x304px
>>87004529
Lmao
>>
>heading into battle in ww2
>hear story about man in OP pic
>stop off at butchers and buy some pig carcass
>strap it to your chest
>congrats you are now invincible
>>
>>87004575
It's a ridiculous over the top action movie scene that's completely out of place. Mel is retarded for leaving it in.
>>
>>87004714

Well if you think it that way.

But is it ridiculous in real? Maybe. But this shit happened. How to we can say when our war is not happened yet...
>>
>>87005007
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that it never happened once ever. Especially head shotting enemy soldiers while hip firing and running.
>>
>>87005007
you're missing the point

even if it did really happen that someone picked up as torso as a shield, it wouldn't work as a shield.

the picking up part might well have happened, but they would still have got shot to shit through the torso
>>
>>87005131
FYI I'm not saying no one in war has ever used a corpse as a shield or something. I'm saying this scenario as shown in the movie never ever happened.
>>
File: 1467580440178.png (334KB, 512x556px) Image search: [Google]
1467580440178.png
334KB, 512x556px
This movie was great, even all this "unrealistic scenes" were cool and well done
>>
>>87001984
Can I ask why there are so many threads about this movie lately? It leaked like six months ago.
>>
>>87005209

Yeah. There is that. But not every situation does bullets goes through for body. In war there is no time to aim or make great shots.

Not saying that it's out of mind kind of thing to happen, but I don't believe most of the veterans have lied about these things.

Also maybe the bullets did go through, but never hit the one using the shield. But how to we know?

>>87005131
>>87005234

Yeah. It's most likely "movie thing" to run with the human torso shield in fire. But I'm not gonna say I would be plown away if that kind of thing happened like in the movie.

But nitpicking about it seems kind of weird. Maybe it's /tv/ and hating thinks in movies just because, but I don't see it too ridiculous to lose my shit about the movie.
>>
>>87005631
Hacksaw Ridge was overall well made but very cliche and the goofy out of place action scenes didn't help. I wish Mel had picked something else as his comeback project.
>>
Gotta love the people saying this actually happened when the corpse he's carrying is literally shown stopping bullets
>>
what the hell is wrong with the Japs?
>>
>>87004714
nah faggot
>>
>>87005782

Well to me this movie is very powerful. It helps that I'm man of faith so this movie was best come back for Mel.

But can't say that I would like to see that Viking movie Mel has talk about before shit hit the fan... It would been great come back movie.

But Hacksaw Ridge might be movie you can't make in the future... So this was the time.
>>
>>87005631
I'm guessing you don't know very much about firearms because the rifle rounds used during WWII were able to pass through *multiple* people if they stood right next to each other. That's why they fell out of favor with the military, they just went right through people without fracturing. Compare it to the 5.56 NATO developed later on which becomes very unstable in tissue, resulting in the round doing a 180 degree turn with the intent of causing the bullet to break up from the stress and cause a huge permanent cavity inside the target.
>>
>>87006128

How about the Japs guns? Also in that war scene was it not hard to take a aim? Ridge was one of the bloodies scenes in The Pacific war and it had to count on something.

Not saying I know much about rifles. But Japs did not have same guns as US.
>>
Lets list the things wrong with this scene
>Guy smiles at the thought of picking up his dead buddies corpse and using it as a shield
>BAR he's using fires way more than 20 rounds
>Does this with one hand, experiences zero recoil and fires with perfect accuracy from the hip, mowing down a bunch of Japs who are perfectly lined up for him
>Corpse he's carrying stops bullets
Anything else?
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.