[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong with Arrested Development season 4?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

What went wrong with Arrested Development season 4?
>>
Netflix
>>
Separating all the characters
>>
scheduling conflicts that didn't allow them to film it like the first 3 seasons
>>
the short answer - the entire cast was never on screen together after the first episode. Character focused episodes were the fix to the scheduling conflicts but very few of the characters can carry an ep solo. Nobody wants to watch an entire episode of Buster
>>
Nothing, it's just one of those things that takes a little bit longer to receive the acclaim it so rightly deserves. Like Citizen Kane or It's a Wonderful Life.

>Is there a ltitle girl here all by herself? Daddy needs to get his rocks off!
>>
It was identical to all the other seasons.

As the show was never anything more than a sitcom.
>>
>>86981037
This.
>>
also, on rewatching the series it becomes apparent that season 3 shows cracks and season 4 opens them even further. Season 3 marks the start of the show leaving the realm of believably (George Sr. trying to escape using balloons). Makes it tough to describe the show as intelligent when stuff like that happens
>>
>>86981037
Netflix allowing shows to go over the 22 min mark hurt them as well - the show is less tight because of it, instead of leaving in the really good scenes/jokes they put everything in and hope something lands, which hurts the pace of the show
>>
it also seemed like the writes had a fundamental misunderstanding of some of the characters - like Lindsey and Tobias actually cheating on each other in s4, when the previous seasons showed they couldn't go through with it and loved each other. i could talk about how s4 let me down for hours.
>>
>>86981037
to be fair, the tobias episode was really funny. but yeah, generally the AD cast doesn't work solo.
>>
>>86980765
OP chime in, I'm talking to myself here
>>
>>86980826
FUCKKKDK it all makes unbelievable sense now
>>
>>86981131
I didn't like season 3 either but that balloon gag was referencing balloon boy in the media at the time.
>>
>>86981355
oh ya, there are funny moments for sure. I thought the wood block story was pretty great, but the show is at it's best when characters are together
>>
I enjoyed The Office (until Micheal left), and enjoyed a fair amount of Parks and Rec until I got bored, do you think that I will enjoy Arrested Development, is it a similar sort of comedy? From what I've seen from a few short clips, it seems like a similar show
>>
Lindsey's skellator
>>
>>86981396
I don't think it was, AD ran from 03-06, balloon boy happened in 09.
>>
>>86981496
ya you probably will, it's a great show for 2 seasons, an ok show in s3, and a disappointing show in s4.
>>
>>86981037
the writing in general sucked

there were plenty of times that the characters were alone in scenes in the first 3 seasons where funny stuff happened, yet the new seasons went whole episodes without funny stuff happening

also the number of jokes that fell flat on their face shot up
>>
>>86981131
>Makes it tough to describe the show as intelligent when stuff like that happens
I don't know why you wanted to do this in a first place for a show where one of the characters feeds a roomba.
>>
>>86981655
I agree with you
>>86981238
>>86981325
>>
Needed more interaction between the family.
>>
>>86981584
is it in a similar style to The Office and Parks and Rec? Also was I right in assuming that it is a comedy for the most part?

are there any other good shows in the style of comedy that I am talking about?
>>
>>86980765
>muh family dynamic
We had 3 years of it, something new was fun desu.
>>
>>86981941
>is it in a similar style to The Office and Parks and Rec?
Not exactly, it's a documentary-type show but it has a narrator. Who is awesome, by the way. But it'll be close enough for your tastes, I think. Maybe look into 30 Rock as well? I dunno.
>>
>>86981941
It's different, no interviews. Ya very little serious drama, almost all comedy.
>>
>>86982013
I'll check it out soon, thanks anon
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.