[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>movie trailer >WHAT IF CTHULU WASN'T JUST A STORY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: c1.jpg (87KB, 956x358px) Image search: [Google]
c1.jpg
87KB, 956x358px
>movie trailer
>WHAT IF CTHULU WASN'T JUST A STORY
>ear shattering fart noise
>full frontal shot of Cthulu rising from the sea with water streaming off of its body
>black screen
>coming 2018

>movie
>opening shot is Cthulu rising out of the water
>movie is 2 hours and 45 minutes of Cthulu destroying a city
>ending is Cthulu standing over the leveled city roaring at the sky
>>
>>86954607
its almost fall and youre still stroking your cock alone in your room to cthulthu little fag? jesus. youre fucking pathetic. i thought you might atleast get ONE actual friend this summer and nog continue to be such a faggot cunt all winter but noooooooo...

fuck you and your spam
go back to /gay/
>>
What is the percentage of people interested in the Cthulhu mythos who have actually read Lovecraft?

I wonder how they feel about the incest and inter species horrors in his works?
>>
>>86954990
Kind of interesting question honestly.
>>
>>86954848
I actually have real friends but they are scattered across the country now. We all had to move for our own reasons and we still talk all the time.
>>
>The time would be easy to know, for then mankind would have become as the Great Old Ones; free and wild and beyond good and evil, with laws and morals thrown aside and all men shouting and killing and revelling in joy. Then the liberated Old Ones would teach them new ways to shout and kill and revel and enjoy themselves, and all the earth would flame with a holocaust of ecstasy and freedom.

Hollywood doesn't have the balls.
>>
>>86954607
Here's the problem with any Cthulhu movie: Lovecraft said time and again that to view some of these things is enough to drive anyone mad... so you've got two choices:

1) Keep all the horrifying stuff off screen and just be a tease, or
2) Show it, and either live up to the source material and drive the audience mad or fail to be true to the source material by watering it down. :)
>>
>>86954607
how the fuck do you pronounce cthululu ?
>>
>>86955337
When, long ago, the gods created Earth
In Jove's fair image Man was shaped at birth.
The beasts for lesser parts were next designed;
Yet were they too remote from humankind.
To fill the gap, and join the rest to Man,
Th'Olympian host conceiv'd a clever plan.
A beast they wrought, in semi-human figure,
Filled it with vice, and called the thing a Nigger.

hollywood doesnt have the balls
>>
>>86954607
>two hours and 45 minutes of Cthulhu destroying a city.

I am so sick of Jerry Bruckheimer style disaster movies. You've seen one cgi city destroyed, you've seen them all.

Also Cthlhu's supposed to be horror. Not Godzilla bullshit. This is pissing on the idea of what HPL was trying to pull off.
>>
>>86955961
k-foo-loo
>>
>>86955961
kuh-thoo-loo

Or however you want. Cthulhu is just a rendition of how the name sounds. It's not truly pronounceable by human tongue.
>>
>>86955919

Everyone was cumming in their pants for Del Toros Mountains of Madness. Then the script was released and was typical hollywood bullshit with Del Toros own inventions that were anything but Lovecraft.

Del Toro is too fond of his creatures and monsters to make a Lovecraft film. I wonder what director has a grasp on existential terror these days?
>>
>>86954990
I read Call and decided that I respect what he did for the medium but I can't read his shit because of how boring he is. It's not that I even need action or anything, just less third-person accounts.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.