[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know we often joke about "movies women will never understand"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: boyhood.jpg (353KB, 675x1000px) Image search: [Google]
boyhood.jpg
353KB, 675x1000px
I know we often joke about "movies women will never understand" and stuff like that but i think for pic related its actually true. This movie portays growing up as a boy so extremely well its incredible.

I have never felt so connected with a movie before.
>>
>>86949599
>I have never felt so connected with a movie before.

i feel you Anon. btw did you know it took 12 YEARS TO MAKE IT?
>>
>>86949599
I feel sorry for you if this is a movie that speaks to you. It's the blandest, dullest thing in the world and if that's all that's to your life you're really missing out. It's like if your favorite drink would be McDonald's orange juice.

Also, I think it's more of a thing that people, boys and girls, who grew up during that time might connect with because they think "hey I also stood in line to pick up Harry Potter at midnight" or whatever.
>>
>>86949654
>>86949691
>le contrarian meme xd
>>
Linklater went super specific with the experience in this movie, and that's really a double edged sword. I'm a few years older than the main character and I couldn't relate to it at all. It was a weird watch, because I could tell the movie was trying to nostalgia trip me, and I wasn't working because my childhood was just too different.
>>
>>86949654
Check my 12.
>>
>>86949599
You failed a year at school, man? Your stepdad was an alchoolic? You were an emo stoner?

Anyway, better than that piece of shit birdman, I guess
>>
I have never been more drawn to a movie that coincidentally took twelve years to make.
>>
>>86950137
could have atleast waited for it
>>
Moonlight>Boyhood
>>
>>86949599
It's definitely one of the best coming-of-age films from this time. Moonrise Kingdom only shows meeting your first real love. Furthermore, 400 Blows is only applies to baby boomers. Hence why it's regarded as one of the best movies, because old fucks like it.
>>
12 YEARS! 12 YEARS!
>>
>>86949599
My friends gf cried during this movie, she loved it
>>
>>86950350
shes a fucking pleb. The tears were probably produced when she remembered it took 12 years to make, so therefore it must be good.

Coincidentally, the movie is shit
>>
>>86950113
yeah it was probably just coincidence that my childhood was so similar. Movie is probably way less emotional if your life was entirely different.

>>86950191
>You failed a year at school, man?
yeah but i bounced back thankfully and finished with very good grades

>Your stepdad was an alchoolic?
yes. also very loud and aggresive when drunk.

>You were an emo stoner?
i even had the same haircut lmao

also the father character even looks like my dad. The only big difference really is that i grew up in europe.
>>
>>86950445
>>yes. also very loud and aggresive when drunk.
>tfw your dad was an alcoholic too

Not funny at all. He did so many hurtful things to me, my mom and sister. I remember one night he beat my mom and I had to call the cops while crying my eyes out
>>
>>86950445
Damn, son!

I'd suggest you suicide, my man!

You're a fucking cliche!

Buy a farm in Kansas or something like that to avoid being a stereotype
>>
>>86950524
yeah i know exactly what you mean. The last few years before he finally moved out were the worst years of my life.

hearing my mother cry through the wall was the shittiest feeling i ever had
>>
File: 1462440351639.png (78KB, 291x343px) Image search: [Google]
1462440351639.png
78KB, 291x343px
>>86950734
We must not look at the past my friend. We need to look to the future and make sure we wont make the same mistakes.
>>
>>86950647
at least im not black
>>
>>86950734
>>86950901

lol you a couple bitch asses
>>
>>86950999
>this guy cried because his dad wouldn't buy that 3,000 paintball gun for him off amazon
>>
File: 1443207450659.jpg (52KB, 388x388px) Image search: [Google]
1443207450659.jpg
52KB, 388x388px
>>86950901
we will make it
>>
>>86950445
No one is going to relate with all of it, but I think it covered enough general experiences that you could relate if you had a semi-normal childhood and your parents were divorced. That was my experience anyway.
>>
File: IMG_0336.gif (282KB, 284x160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0336.gif
282KB, 284x160px
>>86949599
>>
File: IMG_0846.gif (978KB, 500x260px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0846.gif
978KB, 500x260px
>>86950999
>>
>>86951045
The only experience of the film I lived was meeting the foreign guy my mother advised to back to school and then got successful

She said that to about 286 people, so it was bound to happen
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2yHfLeUpqk&
>>
>>86949599
>mentally ill millennial felt "connected" to a mediocre film about an uneventful childhood

Don't pour it all on me, now, take it slowly.
>>
>>86950113
I don't understand you. I'm not from an English speaking country. I still enjoyed this film, as its the movie about a kid's life. It was pure kino.

If you immerse yourself in movies you are a fucking nigger.
>>
>Tfw not homeschooled like the actor irl
>Tfw didn't have the chance to develop a stress-free, strong and self sufficient personality
>Tfw girls don't mire my coolness
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.