[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Doctor "dr who" /who/ General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 326
Thread images: 53

File: 1503807564483.jpg (58KB, 600x402px) Image search: [Google]
1503807564483.jpg
58KB, 600x402px
"Who doesn't love the macra" edition

Prior >>86899411
>>
what the fuck is that title
>>
first for first
>>
File: brian.gif (996KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
brian.gif
996KB, 500x500px
the comfy era is almost here lads
>>
>>86921337
It's the Doctor /who/ General, nicknamed "dr who"
>>
>>86921359
consistency is key, anon
>>
Macra Terror is better than Tomb of the Cybermen. Only Troughton normies believe Tomb is actually one of his best stories.
>>
Thread theme: https://streamable.com/njndd
>>
>>86921421
>try to show Tomb to people
>they either get bored or wonder why there's a mute black slave
>>
>>86921381
I disagree
>>
>>86921422
I hate this so much. I'm gonna rant about it.

GOOD:
The music/instrumental itself is good.

Livy dancing with a drashig at the end is cute.

BAD:
The terrible, lazy greenscreening doesn't look like fun shlock, it just looks genuinely terrible and embarrassing.

The singer's stupid hair that he's always way too proud of, he used to always tweet about it too.

The smug, self-satisfied facial expressions of the singer.

That stupid open-mouthed expression he makes during the first chorus, like he's so amazed by his own voice and hair.

The thin guy in the white shirt doing that arrogant dorky attitude like he's too good for it and only doing stupid dance moves "ironically".

The stupid lyrics, "la la la Patrick Ness / who's your favourite Doctor, mine is Eccleston".

If there really was nothing to talk about except favorite Doctors (a massive disservice to the fandom, and acts like the wilderness era was worthless), then there's so need for this song either.

The stupid zoom in to the thin guy's screaming tongue is gross.

Smug clapping with that stupid openmouthed expression again.

Indulgent 'headbanging' with his gross, unkempt hair.

The singer has an open sore on his face

The singer obviously actively reading the lyrics off something (watch his eyes) - were they seriously that hard to memorise? Jesus.
>>
>>86921456
The Myrka
>>
>>86921648
Deleted the post cus I had an idea, but I'll try work the Myrka in if I can
>>
Someone asked about their Tenth Doctor fic? In Shit Trips 2?
>>
>>86921421
Truth. Macra Terror is kino.
>>
File: 1494209729139.jpg (124KB, 665x600px) Image search: [Google]
1494209729139.jpg
124KB, 665x600px
What do these two people have in common?
>>
>>86922247
they like to pretend they're the doctor
>>
>>86922247
People actually like Briggs sometimes?
>>
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Creator/NicholasBriggs
>>
>>86922779
>Trolling Creator: The allusions to the Last Great Time War in "Dark Eyes".

What? That wasn't trolling. How could someone take that as trolling? Fuckin TV Tropes.
>>
@Lymerence I have a photoshop request when you're around
>>
Just written 1.6k words of a shit trips entry (I'm not done yet but hopefully it's not too late) - the last sentence I wrote?
"And with that, he whipped off his trousers."
It's going well so far.
>>
Is literally anyone other than Gallifrey Immigrant going to read the majority of Shit Trips at this point?
>>
>>86923330
? I'll read them all when they're 'published', why wouldn't I?
>>
>>86923356
It's gong to be a million pages long.
>>
>>86923330
I read about 3/4s of the last one, they're mostly a few pages long and some are worth a chuckle.
>>
>>86923388
It'll be ~250 pages I'd imagine, which isn't that long, and a bunch of short stories are easier to read in sequence than something like a novel anyway. I think it's great fun to see what /who/ comes up with. Don't have to read it all at once either.
>>
>>86923431
The last edition's only 178 in my copy, and that's including illustrations
>>
>>86923532
There's more submissions for vol 2 and some are longer, so sayeth Immigrant
>>
>>86923356
>>86923403
Good to hear someone's reading.

>>86923388
Only for you. I'm gonna send you the big file.

>>86923191
Sounds wonderful.

>>86922905
Lym ignored my request... :(
>>
>>86923594
Yo Immigrant just to clarify, my Shit Trips entry is with 12/Clara. I'm telling you so it doesn't get mislabeled in the final copy, since i saw it under alternate Doctor stories in the Wiki. I think you aren't the one compiling that there but just in case.
>>
File: 1491891204091.jpg (167KB, 743x772px) Image search: [Google]
1491891204091.jpg
167KB, 743x772px
fuck tardisposting
>>
>>86923784
wtf I love tardisposting now
>>
>>86923779
he reads them all anyway, he'll know
>>
>>86923779
Which Shit Trips entry? Tell me the name, please.

>>86923784
Damnit, I laughed.
>>
>>86923843
The Marshall BTFO one
>>
>>86923784
>I let words hurt my feelings because I was told you're meant to get upset by that word
>>
File: BASED.png (48KB, 549x224px) Image search: [Google]
BASED.png
48KB, 549x224px
>>86923784
Reminder
>>
What are audios that /who/ can listen to over and over again and find new things to enjoy?
>>
>>86923879
It's hilarious to me how people like you genuinely seem unable to comprehend other people's opinions can be valid and genuine. Is it truly unthinkable to you that some peopel are offended by slurs and aren't just signalling they are because other people told them to?
>>
>>86923784
i hate them because they hate best girl
>>
>>86922733
Yeah, I might not like his audios, but Briggs seems like a charming enough guy to talk to. While Dee seems annoying.
>>
>>86923932
Pretty much everything of Shearman's (Holy Terror, Chimes of Midnight, Jubilee, Scherzo).
Seasons of Fear
Zagreus
Dark Eyes, especially Dark Eyes 2
Torchwood Archive can make more sense on later listens
...ish
>>
>>86923873
Thanks. I'll make a note.

>>86923952
Tardisposting feels like someone took too much acid after watching Who all day.
>>
>>86924018
>like someone took too much acid after watching Who all day.
So, Jim Mortimore?
>>
>>86924040
Jim Mortimore has more sense than Tardisposting.
>>
File: 1481724684008.png (299KB, 1786x560px) Image search: [Google]
1481724684008.png
299KB, 1786x560px
fuck offeroli
>>
File: 1501131450531.jpg (35KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
1501131450531.jpg
35KB, 512x288px
>Matt Jones wrote 2 GOAT episodes for NuWho and then never wrote for it again
Feel bad man
>>
I remember an anon asked who was a crazier Doctor Who writer than Mortimore, and nobody could figure out an answer.
>>
>>86924103
Ehh RTD wrote tonnes and tonnes of that 2parter, much more than he usually does for other writers.
>>
>>86924109
Dave Stone maybe
>>
File: two personalities gareth.png (408KB, 603x353px) Image search: [Google]
two personalities gareth.png
408KB, 603x353px
>>86924109
There is one
>>
>>86923947
Finding offense at anything is idiotic and purely self destructive
>>
>>86924199
Nice job dodging my question completely, and just continuing to whinge.
>>
>>86924185
I feel like the pictures should be swapped
>>
>>86924174
Besides writing Sky Pirates, has he done anything as weird as Mortimore has?

>>86924185
Gareth's not crazy. He's just dangerously homosexual.
>>
File: Timspooky.png (657KB, 905x532px) Image search: [Google]
Timspooky.png
657KB, 905x532px
>tardisodes
>>
>>86923947
>Is it truly unthinkable to you that some peopel are offended by slurs and aren't just signalling they are because other people told them to?
I don't think he was saying you, he was saying you are genuinely offended just because society told you to be upset by a word.
>>
File: alexander-mcqueen-mobile1.jpg (14KB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
alexander-mcqueen-mobile1.jpg
14KB, 320x213px
>you

>will

>never
>>
>>86924275
But I'm not offended "just because society told me to be upset by a word", unless he's doing the laughable teenage-level pseudophilosophising of "woah duuuuude what if like, people only preteeeend words have meanings....like, nothing means anything maaaaan."
>>
>>86924325
Then are you or are you not upset about the innocent use of the word "nigger" in a low quality meme image?
>>
>>86924382
>the innocent use of the word "nigger" in a low quality meme image

Using the word, even in jest, arguably exposes someone to that ideology. It starts with "just a joke, bro", but that can be used by some people as a way to insidiously spread that thought. Part of what lets some honestly malicious people get away with what they do is the "just a prank, bro" defense, or the idolization of "lol trolling", without caring about what happens.

Now, I laughed at that image. I think it was slightly more clever than normal jokes that use the n-word. But I also understand that constant uses of racist humor can be used to make racist thoughts as "not so bad." It's a complex topic, but not everyone who criticizes about an offensive joke is a over-defensive pansy.
>>
File: human dalek.jpg (34KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
human dalek.jpg
34KB, 800x600px
/who/ okay'd this?
>>
>>86924382
>innocent use
You're acting like nothing means anything, like words having connotations is lunacy. It's how language works mate. You don't get to decide if a a slur is, or can be, used innocently. You can't use words in a vacuum. Your personal experience of the world isn't universal.
>>
File: 1496625316124.jpg (17KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1496625316124.jpg
17KB, 225x225px
>>86924382
>innocent use of the word "nigger"
You have to go back
>>
>>86924606
do you honestly believe /pol/ isn't majority crossboarders
>>
>>86924630
Either way, /pol/ talk belongs in /pol/, /tv/ talk belongs in /tv/, /who/ talk belongs in /who/. 'innocent use of the word "nigger"' is not /who/ talk.
>>
>>86924550
Helen Raynor apparently
>>
Anyone know if the BBC plans to animate any new missing serials yet for DVD release?

Or go about reissuing the classic series (many of which are OOP on DVD right now and going for huge bucks) in season or doctor-centric mega sets?
>>
What's the best track that's played durring a regeneration?
>>
>>86924742
vale decem
>>
>>86924742
https://youtu.be/0GCmwkLygcg
>>
>>86924659
>>86924382
I just ant to make a disntinction clear: I'm quite sure the person who made that image isn't racist, and made it quite innocently. For all I know, an black person made it. I'm also quite certain someone could be non-racist and laugh at it.

But that doesn't mean that image is promoting racist thought by accident, and it's is just another small piece of using an actual slur.

Also, it's not that funny.
>>
>>86924532
>>86924769
The thing is, it's not like the joke even has any racist implications in this case, it's just "lol nigger."

>>86924578
What are you even trying to say? That if something is a slur then you have no choice but to be triggered by hearing it, regardless of context? That's silly.
>>
Is Vincient and the Doctor pure kino?
>>
>>86924815
only if you have tumblr-tier superficial depression
>>
>>86924801
>lol nigger

Which slowly makes it more acceptable to say. It also trivializes the fact that the word is still used to denigrate blacks today (I actually saw it used on here unironically around 2 weeks ago). Yes, the context is definitely different, and I found the joke funny, but trivializing such a horrible history can at least be considered inappropriate. And an environment where such jokes are used can encourage actual racists.
>>
What if the Daleks are all pears?
>>
>>86924801
There is no isolated context. The word has meaning. It has connotations behind it. There is no setting where the word means nothing. If you want to use a word that fits your conception of the word "nigger" but has no racist connotations, you can use a different word. You cannot magically strip the word of all its connotations, there is no vacuum where you can say the word without its history or meaning accounting for anything. There is no "regardless of context", because you cannot remove the context from the word. All words are are conveyors of meaning, and you're suggesting you can somehow selectively strip the meaning from them as you please. You, an individual, cannot. Society can, over long periods of time, but no one person can arbitrate that, least of all one unable to wrap their heads around a racist slur having racist connotations.
>>
>>86924815
yes

>>86924848
end this meme
>>
>>86924701
Animating the lost serials costs a ton of money and the BBC has stated they don't consider it cost effective to actively go about releasing said animated reconstructions, given past DVD sales (IIRC The Invasion, the first DVD to feature animated reconstructions of lost episodes, did not sell well).

As it stands, we are lucky to get one every couple of years released with animation replacing the lost footage.

Also, we will never get season sets of classic Who because they make more money selling the serials individually.
>>
>>86924946
Vincent and the doctor only resonates with people in an "oh I'm so sad" phase, not people with actual deep depression
>>
>>86924989
>depression
>real
>>
>>86924989
You don't have to be sad or depressed at all to appreciate it, it's just a good episode.
>>
>>86925045
? It's in the DSM, it's an observable neural state.

>>86924989
You don't get to decide other people's reactions or experiences.
>>
>>86925057
>magical invisible giant chicken monster
>good
>>
>>86925071
I disagree
>>
https://youtu.be/MafsgqApk0E
>>
So, do 8's novels tie in to pre-McGann Doctor Who continuity much? A little? Heaps?
>>
>>86925262
Depends entirely on the writer. John Peel set out on a bizarre quest to retcon all Dalek stories since Destiny, but most of them played with Miles' War in Heaven ideas instead of old stuff iirc
>>
File: eight.gif (925KB, 500x336px) Image search: [Google]
eight.gif
925KB, 500x336px
>>86925262
Yes, a fair bit. Some stories hearken back to things that happened with past Doctors, there are references here and there to things that happened in pre-McGann stuff, and there are even references to the VNAs (though nothing too extreme, in case you haven't read those.) Basically, the novels don't feel disjointed or out of place, they fit quite comfortably into the continuity, as much as it's possible for Doctor Who to have any sort of continuity.
>>
>>86925101
DSM4 is credible, DSM5 is not
>>
>>86924883
>an environment where such jokes are used can encourage actual racists.
I guess I can't argue with that considering the transformation of this website over the last decade or so, but it seems like too small a thing to make a fuss about before it gets to the point of actual racists being actually racist.

>>86924938
You're just putting me to sleep here with these rationalizations. You can make all the appeals you want to muh society and muh history, but there is no reason why you have to be offended by such a relatively tame meme.
>>
>>86925262
All I know is the first one is nothing but continuity.
>>
>>86925353
You can deride my points as rationalisations all you want, you can reductively breeze by them all you like, it doesn't change the fact they're true and that you continually refuse to engage with the actual points I bring up. Racism doesn't exist in a vacuum, and you can't strip away the connotations and meaning of a word just because it might appear meaningless to you and your lived experiences.
>>
>>86925353
Yeah, I think you got it. Those jokes, in context, are more dumb than harmful, but I've seen convincing arguments that the "lol troll it's just a funny joke, bro" attitude is part of what fueled the transformation of this site. Many, even most people, can seperate the difference between a joke and being a racist a--hole, but some people use the "I'm just trolling" excuse t not only justify their vile acts, but also slowly move some people to more racist attitudes. It's a gradual transformation.
>>
>>86925353
>but there is no reason why you have to be offended

>meme calls a black person a nigger
>LOL HOW IS THAT RACIST HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY SEE THAT AS RACIST NOTHING MEANS ANYTHING NIHILISM FTW!
You have to go back.
>>
http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Sneed_and_Company
>>
>>86925520
http://doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Sneed_and_Company
>>
>>86925447
If I may say, as someone who agrees that the joke contributes to racism, that your explanation isn't helping him. You're just saying "raism doesn't exist in a vaccuum" without showing how that joke actually relates to that racism. He's got a legitimate argument which I disagree with (what is the harm of a low quality joke?), and you're not explaining why it's wrong. You're talking at him about connotations, but not answering his question.

His question seems to be: what is the harm of a low quality joke using slurs, in an environment where no one is explicitly saying "black people are niggers lol", on a generally liberal platform. What is the harm, considering the context?

(I personally agree the joke can be considered racist. But you're blowing him or her off without actually answering his concern)

>>86925490
You're not helping him with the snide joke. He or she seems to be asking an honest question.
>>
>>86925591
>But you're blowing him or her off without actually answering his concern
And he's steadfastly refused to actually engage with any points I've actually made. He's blowing me off, I'm reiterating what I've said and rephrasing it, and he blows me off again. You're having a separate conversation with him than I am. You're arguing about how jokes can normalise racism, I'm pointing out that the idea that words can exist without context is nonsense. He's hardly engaging earnestly or honestly when posting comments like "You're just putting me to sleep here with these rationalizations. You can make all the appeals you want to muh society and muh history".
>>
File: 11 smile.gif (478KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
11 smile.gif
478KB, 500x250px
ah, i've been writing my shit trips entry continuously for about two hours now. i've written about 4.2k words so far, and it was going to be funny and maybe with a bit of adventure, but it's just ended up comfy instead. still with some funny bits, though. oh well. it's still not finished, but i'm getting there
>>
What's the worst special?
>>
>>86925775
Of NewWho, or including stuff like A Fix for Sontarans and Dimensions in Time too?
>>
>>86925796
NuWho I guess because otherwise people would just say shit like those two.
>>
>>86925772
>4.2k
whoa
>>
>>86925811
Then I'll say The Doctor, the Widow, and the Wardrobe. What about you?
>>
>>86925653
Beause he's not saying these words have no context.

He's saying "in the context of a Doctor Who subboard in Mongolian kayaking board, how the heck does a low quality joke that doesn't say anything about black people being bad, be considered offensive against black people?"

You're saying: "You can't use a slur against black people without considering all the historically violent ways it has been used."

He's saying: "The word literally isn't being used to hurt anyone." If someone else called a black person in front of his face "nigger", he'd probably tell them off. But in this specific situation, he's saying no one in this context is getting hurt.

Actually, this gets to the two different definitions of racism.

He's saying: racism is decided by situational context. The n-word isn't always necessarily racist, based on the contextual usage.

You're saying: racist slurs are always racist, beause of they are systemically racist. You can't decide whether or not a word is a slur in some cases, and not the other. Whenever a slur is used, it carries that societal connotation. You don't get to decide when or when it isn't a slur.

I'll continue, but first: is this an accurate representation of your opinion?
>>
>>86925796
>>86925811
Dimensions in Time did nothing wrong.
>>
>>86925833
Is that the one where the Doctor watches those kids and there's tree people or something? Because I agree if that's the case.
>>
File: paul27.gif (2MB, 250x280px) Image search: [Google]
paul27.gif
2MB, 250x280px
>>86925823
I think I've gone a little bit overboard. It doesn't feel quite as much as it is, I think. Maybe. I don't know, I always write too much. I just hope it's good, anyways.
>>
>>86925857
It's canonically a nightmare by 7.
>>
>>86925833
The only saving grace of that episode was this little exchange:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxZlLnTcQNY
>>
>>86925855
>Beause he's not saying these words have no context.
>He's saying "in the context of a Doctor Who subboard in Mongolian kayaking board, how the heck does a low quality joke that doesn't say anything about black people being bad, be considered offensive against black people?"
Yes, thank you for explaining, that is what I meant. I feel like we should move on at this point though. It's derailing the thread too much.
>>
>>86925900
Was it? Or was all of Classic Who just a dream of one of the Eastenders characters?
>>
>>86925855
You're displacing my conversation into yours.

>>86924578
>>86924801
>>86924938
>>86925353
>>86925447

I'm not discussing how saying "nigger" in a meme can normalise racism, I'm discussing how that anon's experience of words isn't universal and that you can't take the context out from a word. Your conversation with him is fine and valid and all that, but it's not the one I'm having.

>I'll continue, but first: is this an accurate representation of your opinion?
It's irrelevant because it's not the opinion I'm expressing in this thread, the opinion I'm expressing in this thread isn't specific to racism. It's that words have meanings, connotations, and it's nonsense to suggest there's some kind of setting where words can't transfer those meanings, because that's literally all that words are. Words are memetic. There is no way to decouple words from their meanings selectively. People can fool themselves into thinking so, but that doesn't make it true. Again, don't misconstrue what I'm saying as purely an indicator to systemic racism. That's just one arena this applies to.

>>86925935
Because neither you, nor anyone else, get to decide other people's experiences or reactions.
>>
>>86925935
>I feel like we should move on at this point though. It's derailing the thread too much.

So you're happy to start these conversations and laugh off racism, but when people confront you about your views and your derailing of the thread, it becomes "woah we should move on". Right. That's really convenient, that you can handwave away the need to actually consider other people's opinions and engage with them when they disagree with you. I see now how you manage to keep such nonsensical opinions for so long - you just dismiss and move on whenever they're challenged.
>>
>>86926019
>there is no way to decouple words from their meanings selectively

But...that's ignoring context. A woman who calls her friend "bitch" is not the same thing as an abusive husband calling his batterred wife "bitch." You can argue one feeds the other on a systemic level, but to say they are the same is to ignore context.

> Because neither you, nor anyone else, get to decide other people's experiences or reactions.

He's not deciding other people's experience. He's saying he doesn't see how it's racist.

>>86926075
I think y'all are antagonizing this guy's conversation too much. I don't see a Cletus when talking to this guy; I see someone who is honestly confused.

If us liberals are ever gonna help teach more people about racism, we need to learn the difference between honest racism, and someone who is asking an honest question.
>>
>>86926075
Sometimes you gotta known when to quit, f@m. I'm not that interested in defending myself in an ebin internet battle that doesn't seem to be going anywhere. So basically: don't ever fucking reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread.
>>
>>86926200
>>86926019
And in my example, it's when a woman friend calls her friend "bitch" lovingly, perhaps to celebrate empowerment.

And your post is ignoring that he's already counted that impact and meaning. Edgy humor is based on that meaning.

>>86926226
Calm down. I know you're not a bad person, but saying " don't ever fucking reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread" is the least helpful thing yu can do right now. Just end it at "doesn't seem to be going anywhere." Antagonizing people by cursing just pisses them off, even if you have a good point.
>>
File: teacup 10.gif (564KB, 245x150px) Image search: [Google]
teacup 10.gif
564KB, 245x150px
so... h-how about that doctor who, huh?
>>
>>86926200
Again, you're sidestepping what I'm saying and trying to contextualise it into a political stance I'm not making. I'm not even a liberal.

>A woman who calls her friend "bitch" is not the same thing as an abusive husband calling his batterred wife "bitch." You can argue one feeds the other on a systemic level, but to say they are the same is to ignore context.
I'm not saying anything like this. I'm saying words are memetic carriers of information, and you can't divorce them from their varied contexts and meanings. A woman calling her friend a "bitch" as a term of endearment doesn't have to be an insult, yes. Of course. But it doesn't magically mindwipe the other woman's awareness that the word has multiple meanings. I'm not saying either woman is offended in that scenario or using the word negatively, I'm saying both have learned what that word means and they can't magically "reclaim" it or forget those alternate meanings. They can add meanings, but they can't take meanings away.

Again, your use of "Cletus" - I'm not making your argument about racism. I'm making the point that this anon has a tremendously silly, juvenile, sheltered opinion on language that has no basis in reality. I wish you all the luck in the world in your conversation about racism, but it's not the conversation I'm having.

>>86926226
Very mature friend, glad to see you needed to get that last word in. May your ridiculous opinions continue unchallenged.
>>
>>86924236
>Besides writing Sky Pirates, has he done anything as weird as Mortimore has?
Does that Bernice Summerfield audio where she sings a disgustingly cheerful song to a bunch of zombies count?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXsuA2liSIo

‘Well I really have to say, as I wembed my weary way, through the world I find the going really hard…’
‘And that's the truth!’
‘All the people that I meet, filled with lies hate and deceit are forever trying to cheat with a marked card…’
‘Say it ain't so!’
‘But whenever I'm low and despair were to go, there's just one thing sure to pull me through…’
‘What's that then?’
‘With a little bit of luck and not a little perseverance there is something that anyone can dooo-ooooo’
‘Yes we're putting our face, in a happy place filled with butterflies and cake!’
‘(And cake!)’
‘Yes we're putting our face, in a happy place filled with butterflies and cake!’
‘(Yes Sir!)’
‘Faced with diseased rats and people puking in their hats... it's really not the kind of place to be! (No! No!)’
‘My advice, if you want to keep things nice and fill the world with jollity and glee!’
‘And if we're obliterous and just well kind of fluffy just think of the fun that we could make?’
‘And we're never gonna kill some poor sod with a big hammer 'cause you know just what we'll do’
‘HIT IT!’
(Instrumental)
‘Yes we're putting our face, in a happy, happy place!’
‘Yes we're putting our face, in a happy, happy, happy place!’
‘Yes we're putting our faaaa-aaaace, in a happy, happy, happy place!’
‘Yes we're putting our face, in a happy, happy, happy, happy plaaaaaaaacccccceeeeee!’
>>
>>86926340
>Calm down. I know you're not a bad person, but saying " don't ever fucking reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread" is the least helpful thing yu can do right now.
It's a meme.
>>
>>86926226
>don't ever fucking reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread
who the fuck are you? you dont own /who/ and we're not your personal army, dont fucking rope us into your stupid offtopic argument. get the fuck out or at least stop replying to get babbys last word
>>
>>86926226
>I'm not that interested in defending myself in an ebin internet battle that doesn't seem to be going anywhere

aka i lost the argument so im running away, tail in between my legs. but ill add a meme to make it seem like im not fussed
>>
>>86926226
>lose argument
>y-you gotta know when to q-quit f-senpai!
>BUT UHHH DONT REPLY, PLEASE DONT REPLY!!!!
>>
File: 1478304689715.jpg (52KB, 486x486px) Image search: [Google]
1478304689715.jpg
52KB, 486x486px
>>86926492
>f-senpai

tfw i forgot the filter and now i look like a fool
>>
>>86926353
>they can't magically "reclaim" it or forget those alternate meanings

You're a nice person.

I didn't mean to insult you, by calling you nice. Years ago, "nice" used to mean "stupid." That definition has changed over time. Words can change and lose meaning, and often do. They do at an alarming rate. Ask a linguistics professor.

And this hypothetical woman can react based on the context, because context changes the meaning. Heck, tone of voice changes the meaning.

You're saying that "alternate meanings of slurs do not erase that they are slurs." That's true...but context is important. If the only reason that someone's offended is because they can't read context, they certainly have a right to their feelings, but their opinion can be questioned, because context is important.

(To me, you're having a question about semiotics; but his question was about racism.)
>>
>>86926353
I'm been thinking about what you said, and I apologize. I think I understand what you've been saying now.

He's saying: "Why would people have a reaction to a slur used innocently as a joke?"

And you're saying:"Because the slur has been used to hurt people for so long, that you can't expect everyone to just not have a negative reaction to seeing it used lightly. Even if word meaning is slowly changing, many people will understandably still feel revolted at the slur."

Am I correct?
>>
/who/: Anything but Doctor Who General

Sorry, y'all.

>>86925772
Looking forward to it!

Is anyone here a fan of Bill?
>>
File: bill potts.jpg (117KB, 748x497px) Image search: [Google]
bill potts.jpg
117KB, 748x497px
>>86926822
>Is anyone here a fan of Bill?
I am! I really enjoyed her in S10, and I'm rather sad to see her go. Glad she's back for the special, at least.
>>
>>86926344
What does /who/ like about Ten?
>>
>>86926902
Bill was a swell companion. She enjoyed adventuring, and had a good dynamic with Nardole.

She's still getting Titan comic adventures with Twelve, btw.
>>
>>86926822
ofBill
>>
>>86927083
Brings me joy someone remembers that meme. I remember when all we knew was that clip.
>>
>>86926784
No need to apologise Immigrant, I know you're engaging earnestly and I appreciate that you even reflected further on what I said, that is flattering and appreciated.

>And you're saying:"Because the slur has been used to hurt people for so long, that you can't expect everyone to just not have a negative reaction to seeing it used lightly. Even if word meaning is slowly changing, many people will understandably still feel revolted at the slur."

That's a lot closer, that's something that could build off what I'm saying, but I'm really trying to say something I think is even simpler - words carry meanings. Context doesn't change the meanings they carry. Context determines what meaning is being deployed at that specific moment. But it doesn't erase the other meanings in the word.

When I call myself a "/who/re" obviously I'm not implying I'm a prostitute or anything like that. But I cannot, and am not, magically erasing that meaning laden in the word. We're both aware of the wordplay. I am not using the word as an insult in that context, but I cannot remove the insult from the word. The word carries meanings and connotations beyond the specific context I'm using it in.

You can go from there to build arguments about offence and whatnot. You can make the "nice used to mean stupid" argument (an example of society taking a very long time to erase a meaning, something a simple context, individual, or short period of time can never do). But I'm just trying to communicate this very basic idea of "words carry meanings, you can't magically selectively erase certain meanings inherent to words" to an anon that seems utterly baffled why anyone could possibly find "nigger" racist.
>>
>>86924742
Breaking the Wall in 2017 Christmas Regeneration
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS8f_-7yw1c
>>
>>86927133
I think I see the issue. The anon understood that the n-word is racist; he didn't understand why a word used in that context is racist. Tardisposting is a context.

>I am not using the word as an insult in that context, but I cannot remove the insult from the word. The word carries meanings and connotations beyond the specific context I'm using it in.

I'm not so sure of that. I don't think he's arguing against that. I mean, the original relies on the n-word's offensiveness on humor, so obviously the anon's aware of that. But, even though the joke relied on the racist history for humor, does it follow the joke is racist? You're talking about the first part, the anon's discussing the second.

Also

>an example of society taking a very long time to erase a meaning, something a simple context, individual, or short period of time can never do

It can be as simple as one generation. Or less. I feel you're underestimating how quickly a meaning can change. Historical meanings can be forgotten very easily.

And society erases a meaning through those small interactions. Small interactions make up big ones. It's like--will my one voice in a crowd help? No. Will my one vote change an election? No. But if everyone decides to disregard their small interactions, it can create a large effect.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (58KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
58KB, 1280x720px
>>86927186
I love this music because it is theme-wise it is so quintesentially Doctor Who. The main melody keeps repeating itself over and over again with slight alterations to the arrangement each time.

First we hear the melody in The Day of the Doctor, when 11 figures out a way of saving Gallifrey, managing the impossible because there is three of them now. It plays very subtly underneath but it is there.

Of course most prominently it becomes 12th's signature music in Heaven Sent as he punches a wall for 4 billion years, over and over again. It becomes the music of determination and not giving up.

Then we hear it again in The Doctor's Fall as he destroys the Cybermen for the 2312319th time, while counting the significant moments of that happening. As he does it again, it becomes an oath that he will do it as long as he can. The music may just as well be named for Sisyphus at this point.

What my dream sequence for the Christmas regeneration would be 1st Doctor leaving the regenerate and they actually do a remake of it, but just as he starts so does Capaldi start to regenerate in a different time and place, while giving the last of his signature monologues about change and we cut to the other Doctors regenerations all through the history of the show, from 7th to 10th with this music playing underneath, finally getting to the 12th's. Regeneration itself is the act of Sisyphus for the Doctor. It only makes sense this plays while he is giving it another go.
>>
>>86927375
>he didn't understand why a word used in that context is racist
The word can memetically transfer racism even if used in a "non racist context" I believe we agree on.

>It can be as simple as one generation. Or less. I feel you're underestimating how quickly a meaning can change.
For a word like "rewind", sure. Not for a word like "nigger".

>And society erases a meaning through those small interactions. Small interactions make up big ones. It's like--will my one voice in a crowd help? No. Will my one vote change an election? No. But if everyone decides to disregard their small interactions, it can create a large effect.
In a broad linguistic sense, not in an individual context. I'm not addressing whether every context the word "nigger" is used in involves racism, I'm not touching that because that other anon can reduce that down to "muh history" or whatever else he wants. I'm stringently sticking to the semiotics of it. Words carry meanings beyond the ones being deployed in a specific context. "/who/re" does not mean prostitute, but it still propogates the word "whore" and those associated meanings secondarily. Nobody can individually strip meanings from a word, regardless of what they intend, and to act like it's preposterous for anyone to identify a long-held, if not primary, meaning of the word "nigger" is strikingly arrogant and childish.
>>
>>86927524
>Words carry meanings beyond the ones being deployed in a specific context. "/who/re" does not mean prostitute, but it still propogates the word "whore" and those associated meanings secondarily.

Perhaps. But that's a systemic, societal conversation, not necessarily a one-on-one topic. Also, this is an incredibly complicated topic we're discussing, the other anon who has gotten confused about isn't necessarily being childish.

Also, are you Melanon?
>>
>>86927603
No, I am not. I'm offended you'd think so but I suppose I have been combative so I understand the assumption.

>But that's a systemic, societal conversation, not necessarily a one-on-one topic.
My point is the two can't be divorced. We cannot make "/who/re" not also carry "whore". We cannot make "nigger" not also carry its history. Over time, words can change meanings, but to think a meme page like TARDISposting, or a general like /who/ can come anywhere near close to, is literally childish, in the sense that it's egocentric and unaware of a greater world beyond one's own lived experiences.

I'll remind you the anon has said
>society told you to be upset by a word
>You're just putting me to sleep here
>muh society and muh history
I engaged earnestly with him, and engaged earnestly with you. Look how much more productive the conversation is when we respect each other's opinions and don't resort to teenage-level tripe like that.
>>
File: happy 10.gif (378KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
happy 10.gif
378KB, 500x282px
I do believe, after writing it entirely in one sitting (I also haven't slept and my eyes hurt like hell right now), I've managed to finish my shit trips entry. Or close enough. Current count is 5.2k words, but I've yet to edit it so that might change. Gonna go take a nap, then I'll tidy it up and post it later on!
>>
>>86927795
Very exciting! Good work!
>>
>>86927727
I'm sorry for offending you.

>meme page like TARDISposting, or a general like /who/ can come anywhere near close to, is literally childish, in the sense that it's egocentric and unaware of a greater world beyond one's own lived experiences.

I somewhat disagree, or at least, I believe that racist intent can be moderated by context, although of course it still sort of "carries" the idea. It literally has a differerent meaning due to context. But there is an overarching meaning, and it makes sense why people react to that.

I think this is a good place to end this discussion. You've given me a lot to chew on, and thank you for that.

>I engaged earnestly with him, and engaged earnestly with you. Look how much more productive the conversation is when we respect each other's opinions and don't resort to teenage-level tripe like that.

That's true. But my issue with your discussion with him is that you and him seemed to be arguing about different things (then again, I misunderstood your argument, so...). Although he wasn't the best at conversing, I still feel he was honestly looking for answers; he just was confused about the argument.

To finish this off, who's your favorite Doctor, and your fave companion?

>>86927795
Well done!

>>86927813
Hello! How's your fic going?
>>
>>86927470
You're probably aware of this, but before it plays in the 50th, this plays https://youtu.be/qmivRlaEgbM from Waters of Mars when 10 decides to change time. Very fitting.

I like your analysis of Breaking the Wall as Sisyphean, that's very good. The very self-assured repetitive nature of it fit the whole deterministic repetition in Heaven Sent excellently. Great melding between the music and the story.

I also liked it in the Doctor Falls because the Cybermen are that same sort of deterministic, repetitive 'machine' that essentially the Doctor is. And as he lists off the repeated ways he's fought them in similar scenarios...it all fits very well again.

Intriguing idea on the regeneration scene, I'm sure someone will do a YouTube edit of that even if the actual special doesn't.

>>86927906
Hoping to finish tonight, it ballooned a lot from what was initially gonna be a short one-scene thing, but I'm v happy with the idea of it. How's your trip story going?
>>
>>86927906
>I somewhat disagree
My opinion isn't the only one and yours is assuredly just as valid, genuine, and well-argued as mine. Perhaps moreso. I appreciate you taking it seriously. I definitely take yours seriously.
My favourite Doctor is Peter Cushing, and my favourite companion was Kamelion. Both could have been so much more.
>>
>>86927948
>How's your trip story going?

Going well. I need to work more on it.

>>86928023
Thank you!

>My favourite Doctor is Peter Cushing, and my favourite companion was Kamelion.

Kamelion has some of the best anthology stories. Like, when he's used well, the story can be marvelous, since there's this theme of Kamelion being used as an object for Fivey's weirder, more dangerous expeditions.
>>
File: 1478144816545.png (92KB, 180x287px) Image search: [Google]
1478144816545.png
92KB, 180x287px
>>86928167
Is that ordering by Doctor on the wiki how you're setting the PDF up, or are you ordering it in a different method of your own devising?
>>
>>86928235
I'm ordering it by a different method. Mostly based on both the balancing of tone, the balancing or different authors, and also the length.
>>
File: 1491960802824.jpg (21KB, 250x206px) Image search: [Google]
1491960802824.jpg
21KB, 250x206px
>>86928280
Thought so - that sounds much much better!
>>
>>86925305
Holy shit, those John Peel books. War of the Daleks is such a stinking turd of a novel. And the worst thing? Its bizarre retcon of all Dalek history is so memorably stupid that when the Movellans showed up in Pilot I explained who they were to a friend... and ended up giving them the War of the Daleks explanation instead of how they are in Destiny of the Daleks.

Fucking hell. And to think that book was followed by Alien Bodies. That's some quality whiplash.
>>
>>86928512
What actually happens in War of the Daleks? What makes it so terrible?
>>
>>86927727
Anon from earlier here, I think I should clarify my position, since I never really did and it seems like you actually are trying to be reasonable. I never denied that words have meanings. In fact, that accusation seemed so random I found it hard to believe you were arguing in good faith.

To use your example, most normal people, or at least normal people under 40, wouldn't be upset by the word /who/re just because it's derived from the word whore, even if they would be upset by the word whore used in a more vicious context. My point is that for similar reasons, it doesn't make sense to be upset or offended by "nigger on the inside" unless you have an involuntary, unpleasant reaction to the mere sight of the word nigger. And if that's the case, it's because you've been conditioned that way by society, but not because it's something that's forced on you by the word's history or the nature of the language. It's ultimately your own problem and not a justification to condemn people who don't have that reaction and thus can make and enjoy those kinds of jokes (which is how all this started >>86923784)
>>
>>86928547
War of Sneed's Daleks (Formerly Chuck's)
>>
>>86928562
that conversation finally ended, dont start it up again and derail the thread after immigrant and the other anon agreed it was settled. let it go mang
>>
File: 1475602627301.jpg (101KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
1475602627301.jpg
101KB, 1200x630px
>>86928562
>nigger isnt racist!
You seriously have to go back.
>>
>>86928562
>most normal people, or at least normal people under 40, wouldn't be upset by the word /who/re
i dont know where you live kiddo, but over here at least, absolutely most people would look down on you/be offended by randomly saying 'whore' like that
>>
>>86927948
I can't really make out the Breaking the Wall theme from Waters of Mars soundtrack or scene.
>>
>>86928547
Apart from the fact that John Peel's prose is pretty basic and hacky, the main objection is the plot gymnastics he goes through to rearrange and re-explain Dalek history. Remember when the Doctor got Davros to blow up Skaro in Remembrance?

Well he didn't! The Daleks terraformed another planet so it looked like Skaro. To really sell it, the Daleks then put Davros on there and woke him up (in Destiny), so that even Davros would think it was really Skaro. To further sell this con, the Daleks faked the entire war with the Movellans — creating a fake enemy as a pretence to wake up Davros.

And this is all info-dumped by Daleks to the Doctor in lieu of an actual engaging plot.
>>
>>86928655
Breaking the Wall isn't in The Waters of Mars. Altering Lives is from The Waters of Mars. Altering Lives also plays in the 50th before the first iteration of what would become Breaking the Wall (This Time There's Three of Us). That's what I'm saying.
>>
File: The Edgy Destruction.png (1MB, 1564x1140px) Image search: [Google]
The Edgy Destruction.png
1MB, 1564x1140px
>>
>>86928562
Again, you're not addressing my points, you're just reiterating your own. You cannot decouple a word from its meanings. Words memetically carry and transfer multiple meanings regardless of an individual's reaction to, and use of, them.

>it's because you've been conditioned that way by society
This is a tremendously juvenile way of looking at the world, both the principle of what you're saying and how you've phrased it. You can reduce anything to "conditioned by society", because that's how humanity works.

>it doesn't make sense to be upset or offended by "nigger on the inside" unless you have an involuntary, unpleasant reaction to the mere sight of the word nigger
You do not get to decide that. You are not the arbiter of "what makes sense". Other people's reactions and opinions are as valid and genuine as yours. You are not inherently superior, or more objective, or more correct. All you possess is another opinion.

>something that's forced on you by the word's history
You're taking some kind of slant as if words have agency, and it's a mark of weakness to react to them instead of remaining "objectively lucid" to their meaning in context. That's bizarre, and not how the real world works. You do not get to decide how people react to "nigger", you do not get to decide the validity of their reactions.

>It's ultimately your own problem
You're deflecting the meaning and connotations of language onto a misguided sense of personal agency.

>not a justification to condemn people who don't have that reaction
Again, the word is not devoid of meaning, not being offended by "nigger" isn't a mark of fortitude, it's a consequence of your lived experience and opinions, which are most assuredly not universal.

You are deflecting the entire discourse onto the individual and ignoring the structures behind language. You are not more enlightened than someone who negatively reacts to slurs, you simply lead a different life. You are just as "conditioned" as them.
>>
>>86928562
>It's ultimately your own problem
very very very easy to say from a position of privilege
>>
>>86928562
You are defending a meme whose sole joke is calling Bill and Martha niggers
>>
File: War_of_the_daleks_cover.jpg (83KB, 350x561px) Image search: [Google]
War_of_the_daleks_cover.jpg
83KB, 350x561px
I fucking loved War of the Daleks.
Whenever I feel sad about life, all I have to remember is Peel's retarded attempt to retcon the entire Dalek history, or the Dalek Prime's ridiculously overcomplicated plans, and I piss myself laughing.
>>
I'm supposed to be asleep,but...

>>86928884

>You do not get to decide how people react to "nigger",

True.

> you do not get to decide the validity of their reactions

Not necessarily true. This runs close to "all opinions are valid" , which is incorrect, and dangerous. In fact, you seem to be deciding the validity of his reaction to the word.

Words don't have agency, but context does.

On the other hand,

>>86928562

>nigger on the inside

What does that mean? I think you chose a poor example there.
>>
>>86928953
To be fair, it was also a play on "bigger on the inside."

This is the power of TARDIS posting. It destroys all forums it touches.
>>
>>86929046
I'm engaging with his opinion and reaction, I'm not writing it off as "just conditioned by society" as if he's intellectually inferior to me for having a different reaction. Someone not being personally offended by something does not give them greater "objective" judgement over other people's reactions. I'm not going to touch the racial component but you can imagine how a certain line of thought would rise from that point.

Not being offended by two black characters being called "niggers" is not a mark of greater judgement, intelligence, or sense of logic than someone who does take umbrage with it.
>>
>>86929082
>This is the power of TARDIS posting. It destroys all forums it touches.

no, someone defending bill and martha being called niggers as some le epic discourse is destroying this thread it touches

seriously i just want to repeat that this dude, even after you and melanon dropped and settled the debate, has stirred it back up, derailed the thread, just so he can further defend bill and martha being called niggers
>>
>>86928884
>Again, you're not addressing my points, you're just reiterating your own.
I didn't see a need to, since your points were never relevant to mine. I just hoped that post would clear things up, but you're once again reacting almost exclusively to things I didn't say or imply. I didn't say that it's not "valid" to have a negative reaction to a word. Here, let me repeat my final sentence.
>It's ultimately your own problem and not a justification to condemn people who don't have that reaction and thus can make and enjoy those kinds of jokes (which is how all this started >>86923784)

>>it doesn't make sense to be upset or offended by "nigger on the inside" unless you have an involuntary, unpleasant reaction to the mere sight of the word nigger
>You do not get to decide that. You are not the arbiter of "what makes sense". Other people's reactions and opinions are as valid and genuine as yours. You are not inherently superior, or more objective, or more correct. All you possess is another opinion.
If you pay attention to the whole sentence, it's obvious that by "it doesn't make sense unless..." I mean "there is no sufficient explanation for such a response unless..." Christ.

I'm not going to go through this whole post because it would literally just be me quoting every line and saying "I didn't say it did" or "I didn't say I was" and so on.

I'm going to bed now.
>>
>TARDISposting actually believes the Doctor Who Feminist Front 13th Doctor page isn't satire
>>
>>86929205
>I'm not going to go through this whole post because it would literally just be me quoting every line and saying "I didn't say it did" or "I didn't say I was" and so on.

so you have no argument and are pretending to go to bed so you can feel justified in stopping replying to melanon. got it.
>>
>>86929142
I disagree. It might show the ability to understand contextual nuance to a deeper level. To see the shades of gray, so to speak.

However, it's very possible I'm incirrect. I haven't considered it from your perspective before.

>>86929184
The person I'm talking to isn't Melanon, and we're discussing a deeper point that meme photos here.
>>
>>86929266
dont die on the hill of defending laughing at bill and martha as "niggers" mang, ur better than this. i know liberals love to compromise but this is enough
>>
>a man should have a race
moff wrote this as a line for the villain
>>
What's your most middle-of-the-road Doctor Who story /who/? What story is the most supremely average, neither good nor bad?
Bonus points for listing one example for each Doctor

>>86929503
can we please please please move on from race stuff, just for one night
>>
Someone help me understand the SIlence's plan please
>>
>>86929613
I forgot what it was
>>
>>86929613
The Time of the Doctor explains pretty much everything.

Tasha Lem declares "silence will fall", the Doctor will not speak his name and let the Time Lords through, which would presumably start another Time War (which the Papal Mainframe, and the rest of the universe, understandably really don't want).

The Siege of Trenzalore goes on for a while. Plenty of folks want to level the planet, to prevent the Time Lords communicating or getting through. The Doctor wants to defend the human settlement there, so he holds enemies off.

Eventually some members of the church get frustrated, schism, and form "the Kovarian Chapter". This includes some humans and some Silents. They travel back in time to try and stop the Doctor from getting to Trenzalore and nullifying the whole situation. Some of their plans include raising a psychopath trained to kill the Doctor (S6, River), others include blowing up the TARDIS earlier in the Doctor's timeline (S5). Of course they fuck up and end up forming the cracks in time which allow the Siege to begin in the first place - paradox! That's why you don't fuck with time.

Meanwhile, forwards in time, the Daleks pretty much take over the Siege, and they end up being the only ones besieging Trenzalore. It really is like the Time War redux now!

Eventually the Time Lords give up (presumably Clara convinced them, they recognised a huge regeneration could knock out the Daleks all there, they were sick of waiting around, some other reason, I know some people don't want to accept the Clara one) and just push through a new regen cycle to the Doctor so he can keep living and presumably help them another day, and they leave, so the Siege ends and all is well.

What bits don't make sense to you?
>>
>>86929759
when the SIlence was introduced they implied that they had been guiding human history from the beginning, also that the entire reason humans decided to go to the moon was because it would have forced them to create astronaut suits so the SIlence could use them

basically, why go through all those loops to achieve their goal
>>
>>86929570
The Savages
The Krotons
The Claws of Axos
The Sontaran Experiment
Four to Doomsday
The Mysterious Planet
The Happiness Patrol
8: Embrace the Darkness (audio)/The Janus Conjunction (book)
The Unquiet Dead
Planet of the Ood
The Crimson Horror
Time Heist
>>
>>86929868
Ah right, yes, so the Silents can influence humans with all their powers and memory tricks and all that jazz. Right.

So they wanted to send humans to the moon cause they needed an astronaut suit for...River to kill the Doctor? Wait why would they need an astronaut suit for that...

>It was implied they were responsible for the Moon landing because they needed a special spacesuit for Melody Pond.

>When the Silence needed space suits, they implanted the idea of travelling to the Moon in the minds of the humans. They then trapped Melody Pond in a modified suit that they'd stolen from the space program; it served as an exoskeleton for her. They put twenty different kinds of alien technology in it, and the space suit was capable of operating without its inhabitant

Okay I don't understand why they needed a spacesuit either, why not just a big snorkel?

I can buy them doing a lot of weird steps because
1) they're aliens and don't think like humans
2) they're from the future and all the time weirdness means they probably have some really specific ideas for how to influence things
But I agree that the spacesuit stuff is weird

As for influencing human history for so long, either
1) boasting/exaggerating
2) they were just really arrogant and doing it for the power/hell of it
3) really specific timeline stuff they knew from the future/TOTD, they had to manipulate humans in a very specific way to get stuff they needed to stop the Doctor from getting to Trenzalore

The start of s6 doesn't shore up as neatly with TOTD as some other Silence arc episodes though, yeah
>>
>>86929998
yeah, it's not really a major problem but sometimes it makes me wonder
>>
>>86930246
Moff had "at the end of the 11th Doctor's life, he fights a war/siege for centuries, and the villains/conflicts in his earlier days are reverberations from this battle in his future" planned from the very beginning, but the actual specifics weren't planned from the start, so I understand some wonkiness here and there. Honestly, in the Time of the Doctor he pulled it off more neatly than I expected he could.
>>
>>86929885
>Claws of Axos
>The Happiness Patrol
wrong
>>
File: CLALA.png (120KB, 346x345px) Image search: [Google]
CLALA.png
120KB, 346x345px
tell tardis posting....
... your gay mate
>>
>>86930452
Let's hear your picks then, Mr. Supreme Taste.
>>
dont die
>>
File: acting in my basement.png (2MB, 816x1055px) Image search: [Google]
acting in my basement.png
2MB, 816x1055px
https://twitter.com/RarityThatisMe/status/901584896942116865
Sounds like he's going to act out a doctor who scene for his demo reel
>>
>>86931629
dont die
>>
>>86930336
dont die neo
>>
File: 1492726515360.jpg (415KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1492726515360.jpg
415KB, 2048x2048px
>>86932111
Don't worry, I won't.
>>
Can someone explain this Nilso meme that pops up every now and then?
>>
>>86932906
Sure.

Nilso is a regular anon here. In the stream (casualwhostream on cytube) you have to have a username, so anons have different usernames. Nilso is this particular anon's. Good bloke.

Anyways back during early S10...actually whenever Simm was announced, someone started occasionally replying "t. Nilso" to seemingly random posts on /who/.

You know the "t." meme right? It's a way of like signing off a post (shades of "Cheers, Jon Blum"), often used jokingly or ironically to suggest a certain comment could come from someone. Like if I said "wow, I sure love writing about Rose, t. RTD", you'd get the joke.

Well for some reason someone (or multiple anons?) kept going "t. Nilso" on a fair few posts. It died down a fair bit eventually (perhaps it was fellow stream user Capaldo, who eventually randomly left /who/ - he propagated a couple of memes in his time). It comes up now and again still, but not half as much.

I hope that explained it well enough.
>>
File: Faces_of_who.jpg (2MB, 3500x3753px) Image search: [Google]
Faces_of_who.jpg
2MB, 3500x3753px
We really need a new, up-to-date one of these.
>>
>>86933051
Do you think Capaldo will ever come back, or do you think he killed himself as Capaldi went to regenerate so he'd be with him forever?
>>
>>86933242
ben's still around
how come cloister isn't in that one?
apart from that no one else is still around
Edge could put drawing a new one on his backlog. he probably knows what some trips look like from le secret discord anyway.
could put some recognisable anons and streamchads on there too
>>
>>86933250
I remember a few days/weeks back someone made a big post about him...I'll dig it up

Here https://archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/86621312/#q86639011

It's a mystery alright. What do you think?
>>
>>86933342
I don't want to be on record for saying anything particular just in case it gets proven wrong, but if Capaldo WAS ok, he'd have popped in or have been around in some capacity.
>>
>>86933300
There really is no secret Discord.

But yeah, I'd kind of like to see an updated version of that too. Unfortunately, some people just move on for no real reason. The only constant for /who/ is comfiness.
>>
>>86933421
Yeah it's just weird, like he was into Doctor Who enough to come to a general on 4chan for it, so presumably he watched the rest of S10, so why would he just abruptly stop coming? Usually people just do the slow fade out, or drop in offseasons, it's weird to drop out onseason. Who knows, maybe he moved or work got super busy or something else to distract him off the show. Maybe he just had some snap moment and decided to stop coming to 4chan altogether, sometimes people do that for sites. Or maybe something fucked happened and he's not alright. There are loads of possibilities and we'll presumably never know.

Appropriate thread theme: https://youtu.be/rLSH-81yT7s
>>
>>86933506
Secret Twitter then

I dropped /who/ for a couple of weeks during S10 onseason because too many spoilers were coming out and I didn't want to see them, I said in a thread that I was doing that though.
>>
File: 1473148504637.jpg (34KB, 540x270px) Image search: [Google]
1473148504637.jpg
34KB, 540x270px
t. Nilso
>>
File: talons-weng-chiang-master.jpg (142KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
talons-weng-chiang-master.jpg
142KB, 500x400px
>According to Philip Hinchcliffe, the original draft of The Talons of Weng Chiang was going to feature The Master, but Hinchcliffe had it changed because he didn't want the Master to be revealed as the secret villain again.

Would it have been good?

>>86933632
I know this feel.
>>
>>86933670
No, probably not nearly as good. Deranged madman from the future who managed to escape death from invading armies just in time, but in the process mangled himself horribly and got trapped in the past v.s. The Master. I like the Master and all but overusing him cheapens a story, especially one as good as Weng Chiang
>>
What's gonna happen to all the props from the Doctor Who Experience? Where are they all going to go?
>>
>>86934069
Lost episode rewards, if I had my way.
>>
File: 1495100224915.jpg (84KB, 976x549px) Image search: [Google]
1495100224915.jpg
84KB, 976x549px
>>86934069
Down into the Cloisters
>>
Heil Moffat!
>>
>>86921302
http://metrotunnel.vic.gov.au/stations/suggest-a-station-name
Look at what i found
>>
File: 250px-Scaroth.jpg (15KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Scaroth.jpg
15KB, 250x188px
Scaroth reporting in.
>>
>>86934069
The experience has moved before, it'll probably find a new place, at least to display the props.
>>
File: 1489467328455.jpg (74KB, 743x554px) Image search: [Google]
1489467328455.jpg
74KB, 743x554px
>>86934835
>>
Doctor Whore.
>>
>>86934069
Personally, I'd at least ensure that the Warriors of the Deep props are burned.
>>
Doctor Who is dead.
>>
File: 1487181714528.gif (799KB, 500x214px) Image search: [Google]
1487181714528.gif
799KB, 500x214px
>>
Aliens of London/World War III is, if we’re being honest, probably the story most responsible for the wave of people who advocate skipping Eccleston’s tenure when getting into the series. Aliens of London/World War III is a profoundly awkward story, and the first point where the new series appears to falter. There’s a lot to say about the quality of the story, but I actually don’t really want to get into issues like quality on the new series for a while, so I’m mostly going to punt on that. Suffice it to say that any discussion of Aliens of London/World War III and its quality needs to first come up with at least some general theory of the opening two-parter, since in practice whatever this story’s flaws may be it was used as the template for the first two-parter of every subsequent Russell T Davies-era series, was recycled as the second two-parter for Series Five, and persisted in one-part form in Series Seven as The Power of Three.

I also do want to briefly point out that this, more than anything else in the first series, is where you can really see that they’re still working on being good at making Doctor Who. There are mistakes here that are just down to still figuring out the format. Davies falls into an extremely lazy cliffhanger in the tradition of the classic series’ lamest: ones where a danger is spuriously invented and discarded after an episode’s worth of time. The mechanics of cliffhangers and two-parters are things that the new series keeps working on through to the present series, in which Moffat seemingly just gives up on them in despair. But before giving up on them he and Davies eventually developed the realization that you couldn’t just have a cliffhanger, you had to find a way to start the second half in a very different place than where the first half left off. And, on a very basic level, there’s the fact that the “next time” trailer comes before the credits, a wretched decision that got reversed for the very next two-parter.
>>
File: file.png (647KB, 554x629px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
647KB, 554x629px
New Dalek redesign for Series 11.
>>
Has anyone listened to those BBC Radio Pertwee ear stories from the '90s?

Is the Dalek City situated on the same site as the Kaled Dome?
>>
the name of the sneed (formely chuck's)
>>
>>86921735
Yeah, it just wasn't on the list on the wiki so I added it
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 2554x1436px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 2554x1436px
>>86937139
>>86937246
>>86937355
>>86937475
>>86937514

C'mon, Anon. At least put a little effort into it.
>>
>>86937605
>>86937514
None of this shit is funny. All you've done is take a funny wordplay and repeat individual bits of it over and over.
>>
File: Mission_Impractical.jpg (94KB, 350x571px) Image search: [Google]
Mission_Impractical.jpg
94KB, 350x571px
>>86921648
>1648
The Roundheads get

>>86922197
>2197
The Nowhere Place get

>>86923532
>3532
Cobwebs get

>>86924300
>4300
The Death Collectors get

>>86925345
>5345
The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe get

>>86925900
>5900
Mission: Impractical get

>>86931770
>1770
The Transit of Venus get

>>86932111
>2111
The Rebel Flesh get
>>
>>86937847
exactly, and the increasing lunacy to the point where it makes no sense at all and doesnt even resemble a joke is a parody of the inevitable descent of all reference humour
>>
>>86917373
Wrote a 12 and Bill story late last night but not sure anyone saw it

https://pastebin.com/XPG9R5mU
>>
Aliens of London / World War Three is a great story. It's well-paced, it explores different themes equally good, it provides good characterisation for both the Doctor, Mickey, Rose, Jackie and even Harriet Jones. It has a lot of funny moments, it doesn't treat viewer as an idiot, it's just energetic as hell.
It really is a great script, and in fact, I think this episode is so-called pleb filter. Unironically. Plebs just see "muh farting monsters" and "uhh designs are dated" but in fact it's a great screenplay.

I'm free to discuss. Neo, what do you think?
>>
The Eleventh Feed
The Sneed Below
Victory of the Chuck
The Time of Chuck
Sneed and Chuck
The Seed of Venice
Sneed's Choice
The Hungry Chuck
Cold Chuck
Sneed and the Chuck
The Chucker
The Sneed's Seed and Feed Opens
The Big Chuck

A Christmas Sneed

The Impossible Seed
Day of the Feed
The Curse of the Black Seed
The Sneed's Wife
The Rebel Fleed
The Almost Seed
A Good Sneed Goes to Feed

Let's Kill Chuck
Seed Terrors
The Sneed Who Waited
The Chuck Complex
Closing Feed
The Seeding of Sneed's Feed

The Sneed, the Feed and the Chuck

Asylum of the Chucks
Sneeds on a Spaceship
A Sneed called Chuck
The Power of Sneed
The Chucks Take Manhattan

The Seed of Saint Sneed
The Sneeds of Akhaten
Cold Seed
Feed
Journey to the Centre of Chuck's
The Crimson Seed
Nightmare in Chuck
The Name of the Sneed

The Day of the Seed
The Time of the Feed
>>
The Sneed's Seed
The Chuck's Feed
Under the Sneed
Before the Feed
The Sneed Who Died
The Chuck Who Lived
The Sneed Invaseed
The Sneed Inverseed
Seed No More
Face the Feed
Heaven Seed
Hell Feed

The Seed of Sneed's Feed

The Return of Doctor Sneed

The Sneed
Seed
Thin Seed
Sneed Sneed
Chuxygen
Sneedstremis
The Seed at the End of the Feed
The Seed of the Feed
Empress of Seed
The Eaters of Feed
Sneed Enough and Chuck
The Sneed Falls

Twice Upon A Seed
>>
The Sneedseed

Deep Seed
Into the Feed
Sneed of Sherwood
Seed
Feed Heist
The Feedtaker
Kill the Chuck
Seed on the Orient Express
Flatseed
In the Feed of the Seed
Dark Seed
Sneed in Heaven

Last Feed
>>
>>86938664
>>86938735
>>86938781
>>86938834
Wew. Adding these to the Sneed page. In order.

>>86938687
I think the Slitheen are genuinely bad enough to overshadow the many, many good qualities of the episode that you list. I wish so hard they were just the Zygons instead, because you're right, it's a legitimately good story under there, RTD's political allegory is fairly ballsy for the time (he literally kills Blair in it, that's not even mentioning the raging against the Iraq War), there's plenty of great characterisation, ideas like accidentally going a year in the future and fucking up Rose's family life, these are all great. I wish the episode didn't distract from them with the goddamn Slitheen.

So I'm pretty sure we both agree on what's great about the ep, the Slitheen just trigger me more.
>>
What was the point of using Michael Kilgariff for the Cyber-Controller in Attack, solely for continuity? There was literally no purpose.
>>
>>86939043
They don't trigger me almost at all. And so I can enjoy this story. I guess that's the difference between human beings with different priorities.
>>
>>86938664
You have two episodes called "Chuck".
>>
i honestly think the cybermen would be less shit in the 70s/80s if they gave Jon Pertwee a Cyberman story. I feel like between The Invasion and Revenge they sort of forgot what makes the Cybermen great.
>>
>>86928990
I look forward to reading it. I've heard nothing bad bad things until your post.
>>
>>86939145
They're on the wiki now if you want to edit them, a lot of them are pretty lazy, but I admire the effort. Hats off to you Sneedanon.

>>86939111
Pretty much, I'm sure there are vice versa examples too.

>>86939192
I think inbetween Season 4 and Series 10 they forget what made the Cybermen great, t b h.
>>
>>86939288
Yeah, that's kind of what I mean. They're my favourite aliens, but they've had more shit stories than good ones.
>>
>>86939411
They're cyborg humans, not robots, which I feel like so many stories miss. World Enough and Time felt soooo good.
>>
>>86939457
WEaT/TDF and maybe The Next Doctor (even though they're not the focus) are the only good Cybermen stories in nuWho
>>
An Unearthly Sneed
The Sneed of Destruction
Sneed Feed
The Eyes of Sneed
The Reign of Sneed
Planet of Sneeds
The Sneeds Invasion of Chucks
The Seed Planet
The Feed Museum
The Feed Meddler

The Sneeds Master Plan
The Massacre of St Sneed's Eve
The Celestial Seedmaker
The Feed Machines

The Power of the Sneeds
The Underwater Sneed
The Sneedbase
The Sneed Terror
The Seedless ones
The Evil of the Sneeds

The Tomb of the Sneeds
The Abominable Sneed
The Ice Sneeds
The Enemy of the Sneeds
The Seed of Fear
Fury from the Sneed
The Sneed in Space

The Seed Robber
The Seeds of Death
The Sneed Pirates
The Feed Games
>>
File: heart of tardis.jpg (158KB, 778x610px) Image search: [Google]
heart of tardis.jpg
158KB, 778x610px
>>86939228
Oh, it's a bloody hilarious book, if for all the wrong reasons. Even other Doctor Who books at the time poked fun at it.
>>
>>86939526
inb4 people go all "technically there were Cybermen in Dalek!"
Cybermen were in all of Capaldi's finales funnily enough (there's one in the cloisters in Hell Bent - easy to forget)

>>86939715
Hey, if you're gonna go to that effort, add them to the wiki page too (Sneed and Company)
>>
>>86939924
>add them to the wiki
I'll finish off the list first. Avoiding stories where it would just be "The Sneeds" or "Sneed"
>>
>>86940016
It's kind of interesting in really showing how many repeated formulas titles use.
>>
>>86937080
WE ARE COMING OUT, AND THE UNIVERSE SHALL KNOW THAT THE DALEKS WILL LET THEIR SUPREMACY SHOW!
>>
How would each Doctor like their eggs
>>
Seedhead from Space
E-I-E-I-(Annoyed Grunt) and the Silurians
The Ambassadors of Sneed

Terror of the Sneeds
The Sneed of Evil
The Claws of Sneed
Sneed in Space

Day of the Sneeds
The Curse of Sneed
The Seed Devils (tfw writes itself)
The Seed Monster

The Three Sneeds
Carnival of Sneeds
Frontier in Feed
Planet of the Seeds
The Green Seed

The Seed Warrior
Invasion of the Sneeds
Death to the Sneeds
The Monster of Sneed
Planet of the Sneeds

The Sneed Experiment
Genesis of the Sneeds
Revenge of the Chucks

Terror of the Chucks
Sneed's of Mars
The Sneed Invasion
The Brain of Sneed
The Seeds of Doom

The Masque of Sneed
The Hand of Sneed
The Deadly Sneed
The Face of Sneed
The Talons of Sneed-Chiang
>>
Half Life 3 plot posted by Marc Laidlaw is pure kino. Like pure, unfiltered, sci-fi kino. I absolutely loved that and I'm infinitely sad that we won't play Half Life 3 ever.
>>
>>86940721
This is nothing to do with Doctor Who but whatever, me too anon. Ten fucking years since the last one and they haven't shown anything, it's never happening
>>
>>86941528
It has time travel anon
>>
>>86941843
Really? I haven't read the whole thing
>>
>>86941886
Borealis is LITERALLY Tardis
>>
Horror of Sneed Rock
The Invisible Sneed
Image of the Sneed
The Seed Makers
Undersneed
The Invasion of Sneed

The Sneed Operation
The Sneed Planet
The Seeds of Blood
The Androids of Sneed
The Power of Sneed
The Sneed Factor

Destiny of the Sneeds
City of Feed
The Seed from the Pit
Nightmare of Sneed
The Horns of Sneed

The Leisure Sneed
Full Sneed
Sneed of Decay
Warriors' Sneed
The Keeper of Chuck

>>86941528
Were the screenshots of a ship or whatever fake in the end?
>>
tldr spoilers

Borealis turns out to be literally invented TARDIS. Machine that travels through space and time, it can see every moment at the same time like time vortex and can travel. In the end Gordon sees dyson sphere made by alliance and realises that resistance is pointless and gives up. Vortigaunts take him and GMAN takes alyx. End.
>>
>>86941965
There's a very very high chance that anything that was leaked from HL3 was either fake, or from a canceled version of the game
>>
Just watched a Doctor Who Movie.

8th was GOAT, he is such a wasted potential it's heartbreaking. It was hilarious he was the first Doctor so keen on the kissing stuff.

I really liked Grace and the whole background about her. She would be a GOAT companion if 8th invited her over. Although I dont understand why she and lee were revived by the TARDIS. I thought this kind of stuff was impossible in DW?

Eric Roberts Master was so super shit. I despised the entire plot about him which was like: Master is time travelling snake looking puddle that wants to kill the Doctor and take all of his regenerations And then he fails, because he always fucking fails.

I loved the Tardis interior though. It was super comfy with extra comfy on top.
>>
File: Half-Life-3-Leak.jpg (344KB, 1333x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Half-Life-3-Leak.jpg
344KB, 1333x1000px
>>86941965 (You)
>Were the screenshots of a ship or whatever fake in the end?
Talking about this btw and yes, fake.
>>
>>86942125
God damn that sounds like pure kino why does Valve sit on their fucking asses all day circle jerking and making Dota shit and new useless shit on Steam? They do realize that because of the hype HL3 would be the best selling game of all time, right?
>>
>>86942223
Nothing wrong with Dota at its own but I'd love to see Half Life 3. I absolutely adored Portal 1-2, I think those two are in my top 10 vidya of all time.
>>
Imagine the moment when Gordon realises that giant citadel of Alliance they were trying to destroy for years is just one micro dot in the Dyson sphere around the star. Millions died to defeat 1/100000000000000 of the enemy. Imagine the moment of realisation. We were robbed of cultural moment.
>>
Speaking of leaks
NEW IMAGE FROM K9 VS OMEGA!!
>>
>>86942287
Yeah Portal 2 is brilliant

>>86942487
Fuck Valve from robbing us from this kino
>>
>>86941965
I don't get it
>>
File: eight-tardis.jpg (208KB, 1006x681px) Image search: [Google]
eight-tardis.jpg
208KB, 1006x681px
>>86942148
>8th was GOAT, he is such a wasted potential it's heartbreaking.
True, but now you have world of books, audios and comics to hop into! Not quite the same as seeing him on-screen, of course, but excellent nonetheless. (And naturally, McGann reprises his role in the audios, so there's the added bonus of getting to hear his voice for hours on end.)

>I really liked Grace and the whole background about her. She would be a GOAT companion if 8th invited her over.
I agree, she was lovely. She would've made an appearance as a companion in the books and stuff, had the rights to her character not been tied up in a big legal mess. Bit of a shame, really.

>Although I dont understand why she and lee were revived by the TARDIS. I thought this kind of stuff was impossible in DW?
You'd think, but there was a certain amount of leniency with established facts in the movie. Not worth scratching your head too much over, but you could probably explain it away by saying that when the Master fell into the TARDIS' core, things he had directly influenced within his recent timeline were reset or otherwise affected, which could account for the revival of both Grace and Lee. Timey-wimey stuff, y'know?

>Eric Roberts Master was so super shit.
I found him hilarious, and ultimately enjoyable, but as much as I thought his portrayal of the Master was good fun, I do admit it's far from one of my favourites. (The novelisation of the movie actually covers why he turned into a snake - long story short, it was a sort of "death worm" that one could ingest, and upon the event of your death, it'd take an imprint of your consciousness, then seek out another form to merge with and supplant your memories within. A cruel sort of immortality.)

>I loved the Tardis interior though. It was super comfy with extra comfy on top.
Agreed. One of the best console rooms, just on account of the fact it feels so very much like a home.
>>
What's the most forgettable Classic Who story?

IMO it has to be Nightmare of Eden.
>>
>>86942664
>What's the most forgettable Classic Who story?
I can't remember.
>>
>>86942664
I'm pretty sure I enjoyed The Awakening but fuck if I can remember anything about it.
>>
desu the Episodes were a retarded move on Valve's part.

HL2 should've ended right there.
>>
File: timelash.jpg (251KB, 1000x553px) Image search: [Google]
timelash.jpg
251KB, 1000x553px
Anyone fancy watching Timelash for a laugh later?
>>
>>86943150
They did it because Valve thought they could put out content on a regular basis, which they obviously can't. Everytime I think of the interview where Gaben is saying how as soon as they get the Orange Box out completed Episode 3 is their main priority, I get sad
>>
File: >their webpage is an image.jpg (328KB, 960x1321px) Image search: [Google]
>their webpage is an image.jpg
328KB, 960x1321px
Anyone go to this today?
Going tomorrow?
Should I go?

http://www.starsoftime.co.uk/
>>
>>86942509
Is this legit ?
>>
>>86943236
I'm palnning of rewatching all of Colin's TV stuff soon.
Have fun tonight still !
>>
>>86943699
No, that Omega mask looks like Luke Newman's.
>>
File: 46546987654.png (186KB, 427x365px) Image search: [Google]
46546987654.png
186KB, 427x365px
>>86943672
>dinosaur hire
>>
>>86942509
me on the left
>>
i've only ever watched nu-who but i am interested in watching classic who now. what's a good starting point? the very beginning? i'm a little hesitant to just jump in there because older TV from around that time has never been my sort of thing and i also don't know how it was structured back then. any advice is welcomed!

if it helps, my favorite nu-who doctor is capaldi
>>
>>86942509
That movie isn't happening, is it?
>>
File: 051-spearhead-from-space-21.png (125KB, 559x576px) Image search: [Google]
051-spearhead-from-space-21.png
125KB, 559x576px
>>86944439
Spearhead from Space (first Pertwee episode, who has a lot in common with Capaldi) or maybe The Ark in Space (second Tom Baker episode) are good ones
>>
>>86944439
I always say start with Remembrance of the Daleks for most people, since that's probably the most New Who-paced classic story IMO.
>>
>>86942509
Who's the guy on the far left and the guy between the Ice Warrior and the Sontaran supposed to be?
>>
>>86944581
Remembrance is also very continuity heavy, a bit too much for a beginner don't you think ?
I agree with >>86944439, I'll add to not hesitate skipping Pertwee if you don't dig him (as most of his first season is quite slow) and maybe start with Robot for Tom Baker, but knowing that it's not a beginning as worth quality as the episodes following.
>>
>>86944439
At least watch the first four episodes, they're kino.
>>
>>86944439

Talons of Weng-Chiang, Genesis of the Daleks, Caves of Androzani
>>
Is /who/ going to watch Victoria?
>>
>>86944622
Between sontaran and IW, I'm thinking Sutekh?
No idea who left is
>>
File: Guide_classic.jpg (543KB, 499x2777px) Image search: [Google]
Guide_classic.jpg
543KB, 499x2777px
>>86944439
Pick an episode for each Doctor from this list.
Decide on which Doctor you liked the most and watch from the start of his run.
Or just watch the stories in this list in any order and eventually fill the gaps.

Other guides exist on the wiki if you don't like this one.
>>
>>86944622
I believe the one on the left is a fan film original character
>>
aaaaaaa
>>
>>86944439
I just started my watch through of Classic Who (had seen a few serials before but wanted to watch them all), and just start with An Unearthly Child. The first part is kino although the others aren't too good.

I finished the first season the other day, and I would probably say the Keys of Marinus is the best serial from it, although I would still watch it all, except maybe skipping Marco Polo since the entire serial is missing and there are no good recons for it
>>
File: 11 yelling.gif (566KB, 498x278px) Image search: [Google]
11 yelling.gif
566KB, 498x278px
>>86946396
>>
why didn't 12 start regenerating right after he exploded that level of the ship with the cybermen? also, why was bill so quick to just leave him? i would assume she thought he was still alive because she said "where there's tears there's hope." to his body in the tardis. also how did the water alien get 12's physical body to the tardis?

i hope we also get some more time with nardole, or at least some closure. as it is right now it's pretty much just nardole waiting for all of those people on the ship to die and then leaving himself right?
>>
>>86947105
Because he was blocking the regeneration, and we've seen with the Master in Last of the Time Lords you don't have to regenerate if you don't want to, and Bill didn't really know about regeneration, and even if she did was going off with Piss Heather. I agree though, I really hope we get more Nardole, either in the Christmas special or maybe even Series 11, although unlikely. I think Nardie and Whittaker would be a good combo
>>
>>86947250
for sure. i really like that nardole has some sort of idea of what the doctor is doing. it creates something more unique than every single companion asking questions about every single thing which is important to the show, but there comes a point where it should be mixed up and nardole does that really well.
>>
>>86947460
Yeah, I had been hoping for a companion that wasn't a girl from modern Earth for ages and Nardole was the perfect answer
>>
Does the Doctor even rememeber Rose by this point?
>>
>>86948105
Not very much, probably, it has been 1100 years since he last saw her. And even if he does he probably tries to forget about falling in love with her since it was a previous regeneration
>>
>>86948181
I sort of like the idea that it's so long ago for him now that it's incredibly vague for him, and her appearing in his hallucination is just his subconscious. I mean, Capaldi and Tennant are worlds apart.

Still, though, did he really love her? How is that possible? Surely he knew it could never get serious or physical right from the start?
>>
>>86948399
The Tenth Doctor knew her, that's just what his personality is like, other than maybe Eight none of his other regenerations would have fallen in love with her. If he can barely remember her though, how is it that he would have any memories of Susan, when it must have been at least 1500 years since The Dalek Invasion of Earth?
>>
>>86948646
*The Tenth Doctor fell in love with her
Not sure how I fucked that up
>>
>>86948105
Certainly. He's mentioned before that he remembers all his companions. Rose was a big part of his healing from the War. He won't forget that easy.
>>
>>86948399
Hers was the first face his face saw
>>
Was there a specific moment he fell in love with her? Was Nine in love with her? Did Rose love Nine the same way she loved Ten?
>>
>>86949223
The beginning of New Earth they already seem in love. Eccles probably was too smart to fall in love with her, and she might have had some feelings for him but their dynamic seemed to be more of best friends and not lovers
>>
anyone have any streaming links to watch nu who? not in the position to torrent right now and my usual sites aren't working for matt smith's episodes (putlocker, 123movies, etc.)
>>
>>86949373
Why would he be capable of feeling like that toward a human less than .5/100 of his age? Was his love sexual? What do you think did it?
>>
File: ezgif-1-5deec57049.gif (649KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
ezgif-1-5deec57049.gif
649KB, 500x300px
No Immigurnt?
>>
>>86949861
http://www.dailymotion.com/Time-Traveler has all of Nu-Who and about 95% of Classic-Who
>>
>>86921539
To asnwer the first question, it was the 60s. To answer the second question, it was the 60s.
>>
>>86948399
The Doctor is half human. That's why he's obsessed with this planet.
>>
>>86949861
try solarmovie
>>
>>86949911
I'm right here.
>>
>>86949861
Try gomovies.to they have Series 10 at least probably the earlier stuff

>>86949898
You'll have to ask Russell that Maybe because she was everything he loved about humanity or something? I suppose from a certain point of view you could say that each regeneration of the Doctor is a different person and as Ten was the one with the shorted in universe life she didn't seem as young to him
>>
>>86923330
I barely read any of the last one, it was just cool to see three of my own pieces of writing in somie sort of collection. Felt nice.

I read one or two though
>>
>>86949223
I've heard it argued that he realized it at some point during the empty child/doctor dances. Rose seeming being quite taken by dashing Jack Harness, makes the doctor jealous and apparently giving love lorn looks up until the kiss. Personally idk, maybe.
>>86949984
Oh well then here. pastebin com/8KqJeAVJ
>>
File: 11salute.png (624KB, 499x527px) Image search: [Google]
11salute.png
624KB, 499x527px
>>86949984
Oh, just while you're here - I'm in the middle of editing my shit trips story right now. I've even got a friend helping me pick out a few grammar mistakes along the way. I know you like to check over stories and make sure they're all tidy in that regard, so hopefully this'll reduce your workload a little. I'll get it to you ASAP, just need to finish writing the ending and then it'll be ready.
>>
>>86923330
We should resurrect the book club except instead of books we just read a few pages of Shit Trips every week.
>>
>>86950226
Hey! I like that idea!
>>
>>86949925
thanks for this friendo
>>
>>86949223
I think 9 was grateful, just coming out of the Time War and seemingly lost without purpose, she sort of helped him get his "humanity" back. In Dalek he was straight up ready to kill the thing and Rose stopped him. As the series progressed he gets more and more Doctor-like. Then in the finale he was ready to jump back into his Time War self but has an epiphany thanks to his travels with Rose. Being in that state of mind he regenerated into the kind of person Rose would like, he became this young, attractive, emotional, and very-human man.
So I think 9 did love her, but the love wasn't exactly romantic until he became 10.
>>
>>86950576
"Everybody lives, Rose" still breaks me to this day.
>>
NEW

>>86951359
>>86951359
>>86951359
>>86951359
>>86951359
Thread posts: 326
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.