[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Movies the critics got wrong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

>>
Pretty much every Verhoeven movie, which is odd because they're not exactly cerebral.

I think movie critics are just idiots most of the time.
>>
>>86897124
can someone pls explain this movie,
I know its a satire and laughed throu the whole thing, but what was the message Paul V. was trying to convey?
>>
>>86898254
All of verhoeven's movies came out at times when his contemporaries were doing functionally identical things and his version could be mistaken for only a slight wrinkle on what others were doing.
>>
>>86899589
ppl r a-holes
>>
nomi maloni
>>
>>86899716
You don't even nomi
>>
>>
>>86897124
Fire Walk With Me
>>
>>86899589
>what was the message Paul V. was trying to convey?

You had to be there in the late '80s/ early '90s to see how women were being depicted
>>
>>86897124
this thread makes me happy
going for a burrito to celebrate
brb
>>
Blade Runner
The Shining
Eyes Wide Shut
BvS
>>
>>86899964
every film Lynch did that decade
>>
File: IMG_7445.jpg (57KB, 299x475px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7445.jpg
57KB, 299x475px
Also, Waterworld

Pure Costner-Kino
>>
File: batman.jpg (524KB, 1573x2241px) Image search: [Google]
batman.jpg
524KB, 1573x2241px
>>
File: 1994-cabin-boy-poster1.jpg (105KB, 580x928px) Image search: [Google]
1994-cabin-boy-poster1.jpg
105KB, 580x928px
>>
>>86900116
>Waterworld

B-movie shot with an A-movie budget
>>
>>86899589
its a criticism of hollywood and how women act / are treated in hollywood.
but at the same time it knows that by being a product of hollywood it is guilty of the same things so it goes full force into that too - thats why the main actress is a mainstream family sitcom star that gets her tits out

it has a message, (not too subtle but people still missed it somehow) but for the most part its schlock, albeit really well made / choreographed schlock
>>
>>86900686
So basically Inland Empire without the 2deep4u bullshit?
>>
>>86900001
k
>>
>>86900749
yeah i guess so. they're both about how the entertainment industry misuses actresses right? i havent seen inland empire yet.

the main difference i guess would be that lynch's film goes for a surreal feeling while verhoeven's supposed to be more fun, sort of lower consciousness.
they both go for the subconscious but lynch is more dreamy and verhoeven is more animal
>>
File: Cat_in_the_hat.jpg (38KB, 299x443px) Image search: [Google]
Cat_in_the_hat.jpg
38KB, 299x443px
>>
>>86900006
One of those is not like the others.
>>
>>86900001
Enjoy, anon!
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.