[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what's the deal, is this shit legit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: moviepass-promo.jpg (38KB, 700x323px) Image search: [Google]
moviepass-promo.jpg
38KB, 700x323px
So what's the deal, is this shit legit?
>>
if i check my mailbox later and the card still hasn't arrived, well
>>
The only catch I've heard is that they sell your data. Like, take in your age/gender/etc and what kind of movies you're seeing. Other than that it seems pretty straight up. The only other thing is it seems like the card/app can be kind of a hassle sometimes

https://youtu.be/NkQRPWPQv5s
>>
Maybe but it's been a clusterfuck. I signed up a week ago based on a list of theaters. Once you sign up, you're charged instantly. Download the app and...No theaters. They dont tell you in the promo material that you apparently have to wait to get the card, which is now delayed 3 weeks, before theaters populate on the app. Which is what customer service told me the one time out of dozens i was able to get through to them. But then they was a lie, as the app is now fully populated w/ theaters and showtimes and i wish i could actually use it before some of these flicks leave but again, gotta wait for the card.

They've clearly been overwhelmed, and i get that, but they could have been more honest about the process.
>>
>>86858901
I got an email update from them saying anyone who ordered within the last few days should receive it somewhere from 9/6 to 9/10.
>>
>>86859239
To be fair, they did say they won't charge anyone until his/her card arrives (to make up for the delay).
>>
>>86859270
yep
>>
>>86859304
I've heard this but i'm not sure how that makes sense since i was charged instantly. Does the month then start when the card arrives, and the next bill a month after that?
>>
>>86859384
I would assume so. I'd tell you to contact customer support, but it'll probably be a while before you get a response considering how swamped they are atm.
>>
Assuming this works out fine, it is advantageous. Downside is maybe it'll catch on a little too well and my shitty urban theater turns into even more of a zoo, but as is my practice, i'll continue to go to the earliest showings. Usually noon-2 where there's only a few people. I will certainly see a lot of movies that i wouldnt normally pay $12+ for, for instance i'd go see Spidey and Atomic Blonde right now if i could. I dont care that they sell the data of what movies i see. I dont plan on buying concessions which maybe they're counting on.
>>
>>86859384
it means that your next billing date is a month after you activate the card

i see the initial charge as a confirmation fee
>>
>>86858850
I ordered my card on August 15. I have NOT received my card yet.

Anyone order on the 15th get it yet?
>>
>>86859613
You're one of the lucky ones, family, as you should get yours first. see>>86859324

I see in some places this allows for 'arthouse' viewing, but not here in philly, the Ritz theaters are not covered. So just blockbusters for me, sometimes the Roxy has smaller films.
>>
>>86859673
I got through using the app after a ton of tries. But i got in.

I did not receive a confirmation email but the app shows that i have a profile.

But yeah....j'll let 4chan know when i get it.
>>
>>86859809
Same- it's cool the app is functioning, but it's a tease to see the showtimes and the option to 'Check in' and see all these movies...without actually being able to do so for weeks. It's a nitpick, i'm antsy, whatever, but still, hurry this shit up.
>>
This card is a fucking steal -- especially with awards season coming up. I wonder how long it'll last before they have to adjust the model. AFAIK, they've guaranteed this price plan for a year.
>>
>>86859118
Who doesn't gather and sell your data these days?
>>
I read somewhere that you can only see each movie once with the pass, so you can't see the same movie twice in theaters. That true?
>>
>>86861063
Yes and no. Yes that was apparently the case, no, they've since said you can.
>>
>>86858850

Mostly, but now that AMC is going around and assimilating all of the other theaters (and AMC is vehemently against MoviePass), it'll be anyone's guess how valuable it is in the future.
>>
>>86861671
is amc actually a threat to regal?

my amc is literally a shithole with piss stains on every single seat
>>
>>86861671
I don't understand why AMC is against moviepass. It only works for them, not against them. Also, it's pretty much impossible for AMC to not take moviepass. Any place that takes a credit card will take it
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.