[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be Comedy Central >lose Colbert >attempt at black power

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: oppo.jpg (220KB, 1544x1029px) Image search: [Google]
oppo.jpg
220KB, 1544x1029px
>be Comedy Central
>lose Colbert
>attempt at black power hour fails miserably
>lose an amazing amount of viewers every night after the Daily Show ends
>have no talented people left at the Daily Show
>"hey, people liked Colbert's schtick, let's just trot it back out and give it to our token white male"
>token white male has no subtlety whatsoever

How long does /tv/ predict this will last? I give it a year, tops.
>>
Is there anyone here who doesn't already know CC sucks dick and ass simultaneously? What else is there to say?
>>
Longer than a year, it will get significant viewership just for openly claiming itself to be anti-Trump, but thankfully it will cause half of the country at least to grow to despise the liberal elitist snobs that make up the majority of the anti-Trump position. Don't get me wrong, there are idiots on both sides, but people don't like CC as much as they did in the Stewart days, especially in Middle America. One of the biggest reasons for that is that CC actually had a respectable lineup with South Park, Tough Crowd, etc. Nowadays it's shit, it's all the same shit, and no one cares enough to watch Trevor Noah awkwardly fake laugh his way through jokes about white Republicans every night.
>>
File: 1500247954303.png (71KB, 287x455px) Image search: [Google]
1500247954303.png
71KB, 287x455px
tfw Comedy Central UK is nothing but 12 hours of Everybody Loves Raymond and 12 hours of King of Queens

Two and a Half Men on sundays too
>>
>>86839555
Well it's better. Sounds like an excellent channel to fall asleep in front of.
>>
>>86839555
based UK
>>
>>86839555
that's what tvland is in america
>>
>>86839394
opposition to what?
Trump?
Thank fucking god they at least dont have another token host anymore.
Samantha Bee isnt the worst thing ever but she could be much better. Trevor Noah is one of the most uncharismatic people to ever be given a tv host job, and Larry Wilmore was laughably terrible.
Klepper was quite literally the only part of Noah's Daily Show that wasnt total shit so maybe this will be fine.
It cant possibly be worse than The President Show.
>>
>>86839555
those three are mediocre sitcoms but they are infinitely superior to American Comedy Central
>>
They literally only have South Park and Nathan For You now. Even Workaholics is gone.
>>
>>86839814
Jim Jeffries show actually is entertaining as of late. The Brad Pitt bits and the actual interviews like his episode with Bill Burr are generally entertaining, if he plays it casually like that episode and brings random comedians/guests on and talks about whatever, it might work like a charm. Even with CC's agenda, Jeffries could make it work
>>
>>86839814
Another period is p good
>>
>>86839394
CC really sucks hard, only South Park is good...
>>
it's a shame because 90s and early 00s CC was pure telekino
>>
i really like "the president show" just to see atamanuik's impersonation

i know you guys here are all trump snowflakes who probably fly into rage seeing a person imitating him but for me he is great. the shows content isnt that great but yeah his impersonation alone is wroth it

miles better then the hack alec baldwin
>>
File: 1454018446303.jpg (5KB, 200x192px) Image search: [Google]
1454018446303.jpg
5KB, 200x192px
>>86839394
(((token white male)))
>>
>>86839681
It's a joke title they gave to non-mainstream media. Not to be confused with "the Resistance", the title taken voluntarily by people who are against Trump.
>>
>>86839394
They could have given to that Angelo guy who did that web series for them but he's actually conservative and wouldn't be a good stawman for what CC is going for (look how stupid and evil conservatives are).
>>
>>86840095
Imitations of him are hilarious if done well. They're just rarely done well because comedy requires a certain amount of distance, and when the same actors trying to mock him make desperate pleas to "resist" him, it comes off as pathetic and petty.
Also, the same comedians who are trying to mock the presidency now spent the last eight years tonguing Obama's ass and so their talents have atrophied.
>>
File: 1488486320154.png (327KB, 447x458px) Image search: [Google]
1488486320154.png
327KB, 447x458px
I can honestly see CC sliding down the same path as G4 at this point. I think Trump winning gave them a temporary plateau to the downward spiral, but the second he's gone, they will have nothing left as their entire agenda is morphing into Anti Trump nonsense, so people will stop watching completely at that point and they will be cancelling their last program and only show reruns no more than 2 years after Trump leaves office and will have the channel up on the acquisition chopping block, guaranteed.
>>
>>86840639
the problem is that Trump is already funny, it's like trying to make a parody of a comedy movie it just doesn't work
>>
Actually Trevor Noah has regained all those viewers, meaning he basically has as many viewers as it took Jon Stewart 10 years to get.
>>
>>86840639
>>86840717
i dunno, all i know is that atamanuik's impersonation is literally the best in the world
>>
File: xIolo.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
xIolo.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>86839555
That sounds pretty comfy
I've never been a huge fan of those shows, but if they're on, i'm always like
>eh... why not?
>>
>>86840696
The downfall of G4 was a sad thing, like watching a piece of my youth slowly slip away, show by show.
>Attack of the show
>Xplay
>Cinemetech
>Screen savers
Tv will never feel that comfy for me ever again
>>
>>86840872
Not saying I disagreed about Atamanuik in particular, just most Trump impersonators. I'll have to check him out later.
>>
>>86839553
>all these buzzwords

there has to be an argument in there somewhere...
>>
>>86840752

Come on.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.