[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this show actually good or tryhard edgy humor? My conservative

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: 3490859034850934859034025.jpg (152KB, 1600x600px) Image search: [Google]
3490859034850934859034025.jpg
152KB, 1600x600px
Is this show actually good or tryhard edgy humor? My conservative atheist friend likes it.
>>
>>86790331
It's good. It's a bit over hyped for a late night adult swim show. And IMO in drops off a little in season 2 and more in season 3. Kinda reminds me of futurama.
>>
>conservative
>atheist
pick one
>>
don't listen to /tv/ they are just hipsters. it's actually a good show

but desu season 3 is... i think its time to end it
>>
>>86791336
why can't you be both?
>>
>>86791336
I'm this.
Why is this so hard to believe?
>>
>>86790331
first 2 seasons were good
>>
>>86791336
conservative bc money. atheist because obviously there's no god
>>
>>86791336
>Doesn't understand what conservatism actually is
>>
>>86790331
>>86791287
The futurama comparison is decent, but it's not completely accurate. The professor was basically a senile and less evil Rick, but the tone of the show and writing style is very similar to South Park. It takes a futurama type concept in the beginning and keeps going in on it harder and harder the whole episode, eventually taking it further than any shows other than South Park do. South Park goes just a little bit further though, because R&M is always in good fun, sometimes South Park will be absolutely hate filled and not just be cracking jokes (which is a good thing when they actually do it but could definitely be overused by other people that don't understand that South Park only does it when necessary).
>>
>>86791336
Literally preschool-level political understanding. Read a fucking book.
>>
the only episodes I liked were the memory parasites and the parallel dimensions one (where the screen split in 4)
>>
Its not a bad show at all
Its only bad when you take it for what it's fan base is. I see a lot of threads saying that its snobby and pretentious but it really doesnt take itself too seriously. It's fans on the far reaches of reddit probably do but I dont see it in the writing. It's a strong B+ show which is great for an adult animated series and thats why you have a lot of hype
>>
File: why rick & morty is reddit.jpg (2MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
why rick & morty is reddit.jpg
2MB, 2560x1600px
Someone had to do it.
>>
>>86793611
Honestly I don't get why people look into this show so deeply. You wouldn't do this shit with Squidbillies or whatever.
>>
File: 1484359447656.png (601KB, 717x536px) Image search: [Google]
1484359447656.png
601KB, 717x536px
>>86790331
I dropped it after the first like 3 episodes a few months back. I usually try to stick things out for a while from shows I hear a lot of hype about. But I just couldn't do it anymore. The show is meh at best to me.
>>
>>86793675
autism anon. its because some people have autism
>>
>>86791336
*tips christdora*
>>
File: cLJUkxD_d.jpg (49KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
cLJUkxD_d.jpg
49KB, 640x360px
One of the finest cases of a fanbase killing a show's reputation.
>>
>>86790331
Its a show about libertarianism so not surprising you friend likes it
>>
>>86791405
Atheism is inherently liberal/degenerate
>>
>>86790331
Watch the first episode. If you like the humor, keep watching. If not, drop it immediately.

>>86793675
Probably because Rick & Morty is pretty huge.
>>
Dan Harmons humor is not for everyone.
He's a self loathing cunt
>>
>>86793874
If your only reason for believing in god is to stick it to those damn liberals then your faith is pretty weak.

>discussing religion
>>
All the constant threads on here made me watch it. Reverse psychology or maybe stockholm syndrome. Enjoyed the first 5 episodes although the burping is annoying and some of the humor isn't that good.
>>
>reddit and memey
it's fucking trash
>>
>>86793611
was it autism?
>>
File: 1473369094632.png (493KB, 1742x712px) Image search: [Google]
1473369094632.png
493KB, 1742x712px
>>86790331
It's alright and can be funny at times, not terrible like /tv/ would have everyone believe or amazing like reddit (or reddit according to /tv/, I'm not actually sure) would.
>>
You really do need to get into the mindset of a Redditor to understand why this show is so popular. These people have never heard of adult animation in their lifes that wasn't stuff like Family Guy, it was completely alien to them. And they can't laugh at these shows because they consider these shows stupid. They want a show that isn't necessarily smart or funny or well-written, but that appears to be to appeal to their surface-level taste. Because these people live for that mindless self-validation. They don't actually understand what makes for good writing or good comedy, nor have they ever picked a book about physics. They want to pretend they do so and circlejerk themselves, that's what matters. Rick and Morty is just perfect for its demographic: these same college-age self-important Bernouts who "fucking love science". The entire foundation of the show is built upon the dichotomy between "silly sci-fi humor and references" and " things are super deep and tragic bro". This pseudo-intellectual "nothing even matters, I'm insecure about existence, we are all going to die" bullshit that R&M shits out in almost every episode is what appeals to it's audience. The show doesn't actually have the tact to even begin to offer an interesting presentation and discussion of any philosophy, so it spouts these edgy teenage catchphrases. Nevermind the bean-headed, noodle-limbed unexpressive character design, or how the story is non-existent and only comes up when the writers beg you to feel something for these characters so devoid of substance, or how the entire show is a trendy forgettable scenario of the week memefest with just enough sci-fi references to trick kids into thinking they are smart for understanding them, or how the characters have somehow been reduced to even more obnoxious caricatures than before, none of these things matter. What matters is that it appeals to the millenial redditor audience, and that's what's selling Rick and Morty
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.