[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Batman v Superman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

This movie is unironically too smart for its viewers, how did this happen? Do people quickly dismiss all of this movie's value because it's capeshit?
>>
*farts*
>>
>DID YOU GET IT?
>I UNDERSTAND
there has to be a reason batman says these things, one is said in the knightmare, the other when he is gonna fight supes
>>
>>86736849
*inhales*
>>
File: Snyder - BvS - Women.jpg (316KB, 645x2208px) Image search: [Google]
Snyder - BvS - Women.jpg
316KB, 645x2208px
>>86736839
That's exactly what it is. Reviewers weren't looking any deeper than the surface because "comic book characters are just for kids." If it's all not blatantly obvious and straightforward, they're not going to see it because they're not looking.

And what makes it worse is that brainless fanboys will pick up key phrases from those reviews and regurgitate them ad nauseum because nothing in their complacent lives has ever encouraged them to actually think and engage with a film.
>>
>>86739935
I liked Superman's image being challenged and I'd like to see it more.
>>
>>86736839
Not surprised a phone poster would think this. It's pretentious garbage thrown together and doesn't belong in the film. It's like if Dora the Explorer started making Shakespeare and mythology references
>>
File: 1500993859971.jpg (57KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1500993859971.jpg
57KB, 600x600px
>>86736839
>>86739935
>>86740538
>>
>>86739935

I'm not really disagreeing with you, but do you think comic book superheros are the best platform to explore deep ideas?
The whole concept is silly from the offset. Adult comic fun, sure, but deep cerebral films I really don't think works.
>>
Nice image faggot OP
>>
>>86736839
I feel bad for DCfans. The Marvel Cinematic Universe sweeps the rug out from them, Nolan end TDK trilogy, and Green Lantern was a bust. They make a movie with a lot of basis on the popular the Dark Knight Returns story arc and instead of making references to that and other arcs they just spam half assed allegories to religion and other unrelated literature. They betrayed the intended audience. I'm not saying they shouldn't do allegories, Nolan did, just don't go overboard
>>
File: BvS-Graphic-5.jpg (75KB, 1090x550px) Image search: [Google]
BvS-Graphic-5.jpg
75KB, 1090x550px
>>86740907
Superhero comics do explore some of those themes aswell. Snyder's Superman reminds me of Alex Ross Superman dealing with similar dilemmas.

Also I believe Snyder realized BvS was his best shot at reaching a wide audience and through these superheroes expose them to as much history, art and mythology as possible. BvS even weaves in old legends into its own story. Zack has art background and I do believe he geniunely cares about not letting the younger generation forget about the basis of our modern cinema icons. Sure he sacrificed some easy fanboy pandering points to pull it off but the result was more than worth the anger of the already spoilt manchildren.
>>
>>86736839
Hahahaha hahahaha
>>
>>86741207
>>86739935
>>86736839
snyder is actually too subtle somehow, as even now all of the connections and insinuations between scenes have not been uncovered

which is exactly how zack describes the experience he wants in movies
ironically enough, for all the complaints of 'darkness' in his movies, if superman actually happened it would be so so much worse.
>>
Snyderfags need to kill themselves as well as any immediate family to erase their disgusting genes forever
>>
AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>86736839
I need to rewatch it... I went to see it on opening day but because it was a midnight showing I ended up getting drunk as fuck before and I barely even remember going to the cinema.
>>
File: czuje dobrze Donald.png (259KB, 441x378px) Image search: [Google]
czuje dobrze Donald.png
259KB, 441x378px
>>86739935
mfw recently watched Excalibur for the first time and I now understand BvS much better. Plus it's a great movie.
>>
>>86741207
well, too bad he's so fixated with his references that he can't make his movies coherent and edit them in a way that is watchable
>>
>>86736839
here we go again
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.