[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did the writers turn Homer into such an asshole when he use

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: LisasSubstitute_545.png (551KB, 954x543px) Image search: [Google]
LisasSubstitute_545.png
551KB, 954x543px
Why did the writers turn Homer into such an asshole when he use to be the semi dimwitted father who cared the most about his family.
Where was the turning point to his character when he became irredeemable?
>>
>>86719782
After he got chucked by Marge when she sucked off other people's seed behind his back. ; )
>>
>>86719814

formerly chuck's
>>
File: Maude_getting_hit_with_a_t-shirt.jpg (226KB, 1280x947px) Image search: [Google]
Maude_getting_hit_with_a_t-shirt.jpg
226KB, 1280x947px
Personally I would say here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm6h9YRCMqM
>>
>>86719782
I think season 9 was the breaking point for mean asshole homer, from that season onward the show declines in quality very fast anyway so I dont really care

but he had cases of beeing dumbed down and mean in earlier seasons as well, just not as often
I think it depends on who was in charge of the episodes or seasons and show in general
>>
>>86719782
Because like everyone else he is a victim of flanderization

The same way Lisa turned into just the "smart, vegan, buddhist kid that has morals and is leftist".

She used to be a lot more than that.
>>
>>86720075
Homer's Enemy is the start of Homer's flanderization to being a moronic and selfish imbecile.
>>
Sneed?
>>
>>86720920
or how the eponymous Flanders used to just like going to church, because it was in contrast with Homer being too lazy to go to church and Flanders was a "good neighbour and good person" that just went to church because it was a normal thing for people in the 80s. not a crazy religious nut
>>
>>86720920
>She used to be a lot more than that.
reminder lisa is fucking 8.
>>
>>86720920
>flanderization
that word gets thrown around a lot in these threads, could anyone explain what exactly it means?
>>
File: 02-11e-prankcall.gif (139KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
02-11e-prankcall.gif
139KB, 500x375px
>>86721230
I think the writers forgot
>>
>>86719782

>Bart
Is not a retard instead of an under achiver.
>Lisa
Is not the voice of truth instead of a goodie two shoes that is right on ocation.
>Marge
Is now just there to be there. They could kill her and it would hardly impac the show at all.
>Homer
The viewers liked retarded Homer so much that they just rolled with it.
>>
>>86721191
Then how do you explain this from season 4?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSi8vrJf7NU

If anything, he became more normal after that episode where he blows up in a massive rage. He actually gets angry sometimes after that point (at least up to season 14 or 15 which is where I stop).
>>
Everything in the simpsons universe changed for the worse when chuck lost his store to fucking sneed
>>
>>86721735
Can someone explain the joke at the end there?
>Homer: Where are we going?
>Man: Sneed island.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.